You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2013-03-19 14:52:51

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

Re: [VIP] New VIP status available

witch2004 wrote:

I guess i'm the fool that did it .. I was in the moment and did it i thought it would be fun , but now u all make me feel like a idiot !!![

But why? Just because some have expressed that they don't think it's worth their money, doesn't mean you have to agree with us. :) If you felt that this is something you want, then go for it! (Maybe we're the ones who are foolish for not taking the offer...right?)  Everyone has their own opinion about things like this, and in the end, it shouldn't matter what anyone else decides is right for them...it's what you decide is right for you. :)

Opinions are like names...everyone has one.  Only your name is right for you. ;)

No one should feel foolish if they want this...or any other thing on here.  This is a game that is meant to be played the way you want to play...and, only you can decide what way that is. :)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#27 2013-03-19 17:56:21

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

wazaga wrote:

anyamalfoy wrote:

wazaga wrote:

wait... so by doing the weekly subscription now for 3,99 Euros, does that mean we don't get the weekly 300 Feez anymore???

Correct, we now get Dollarz instead. Not an improvement as far as I'm concerned.

well, that just stinks royal rotten eggs... I'm switching to monthly. better expense value even if only by a little. non

The monthly packages include dollarz not feez too!

witch2004 wrote:

I guess i'm the fool that did it .. I was in the moment and did it i thought it would be fun , but now u all make me feel like a idiot !!![

I still like this deal. Just not as a subscription.

#28 2013-03-20 07:36:04

jejune
Members

aomd_fan I just want to say that as confused as I may be here, sometimes, it is nothing compared to how confused I am by the Sims!  I started  a Sims game on facebook and I already have spent more money and time then I ever have here! Also, I am completely flummoxed by the fact I can't seem to get the thing I wanted without spending more money. I feel as if this game is more upfront and honest about what you need  to do to get the things you want. That said, I think it is extremely helpful that you all pitch in your thoughts and experiences, Thanks Dollz!! :)aomd_bisous

#29 2013-03-20 11:15:17

lilysummers
Members

I get exactly the opposite feeling here lately then what Jejune described,
and wish they where more upfront about their intentions instead of leaving me with this feeling of.."do they think i'm that stupid"lingering in the back of my mind
A lot of soothing words and assurances have later been contradicted by the opposite happening in the game.
Or dressed up like this:
Sarah said in her post about the dollz story closing: We want your shopping trips to be more fun, more related to the events going on!
what i would have appreciated more is..Dollz story is the only real competition store for a Vip store and we would rather you pay separately for the privilege to shop in a store of that quality.
we would like you to pay for adventures ( an average of 90 euro per month give or take, then pay a fee to be allowed to spend more money in the only regularly updated store, then once you gain access to that store pay even more to get items there.
I would say the only way i would even think about this is when they make a blanket fee to include all game content ( adventures,all store access etc)
but they could not sell that to anyone because people would freak out at the enormous cost of such a subscription.
We already pay ( those that do adventures) this huge monthly cost here, but its in installments.
it is what it is though at the end of the day no matter how you disguise it..simply paying to be allowed to shop ( in the now only worthwhile store available)
by taking our alternatives off the market is simply not a privilege i am in the market for.
I have left out a couple of harsh words describing what type of practice this reminds me off and leave that to your imagination,
I for one think everyone here is smart enough to figure this out for themselves  or disregard it as they want too.

#30 2013-03-24 01:00:05

laurabow
Members

willowskye wrote:

witch2004 wrote:

But why? Just because some have expressed that they don't think it's worth their money, doesn't mean you have to agree with us. :) If you felt that this is something you want, then go for it! (Maybe we're the ones who are foolish for not taking the offer...right?)  Everyone has their own opinion about things like this, and in the end, it shouldn't matter what anyone else decides is right for them...it's what you decide is right for you. :)

Opinions are like names...everyone has one.  Only your name is right for you. ;)

No one should feel foolish if they want this...or any other thing on here.  This is a game that is meant to be played the way you want to play...and, only you can decide what way that is. :)

Well stated, willowskye!  aomd_bravo

That being said, I'm still trying to decide how much of  VIP status I want (enough to get the dress & cat, but for how long a membership status?).

Runs off to re-read the previous posts with the cost analysis.

#31 2013-03-24 11:28:37

madaren
Members

I think that one really big problem here is lack of interesting things in VIP store. There is SOME interesting stuff, but not really that much that would make me fell like I HAVE TO have it. But this made me think of one thing that would make VIP status really interesting and would solve other issue we all are so worried about - Dollz Story Store closing.

Why not move items that are to be removed with Dollz Story Store to VIP store - this would make them more "exclusive" (what Feerik wants) and gave us still some opportunity to get them if we pay extra to have VIP privilages. This way we got what we really want and Feerik would make VIP store, and therefor VIP status, way more tempting than it is right now.

#32 2013-03-24 11:50:27

malu
Members

I completely agree with you Lilysummers. It's unfair that we're losing an awesome store just cause Feerik wants to earn more money. There's almost nothing special about the offer if you really think about it. I don't really like the gifts that are given.

We pay to get the VIP status. Most people who can afford it can buy feez to afford the quest. Why would they need an extra day? Same with money. They can get 60 $$$ easily with just 300 feez. The room is really big. That is actually good but what can we actually do with all that space?

I'm not really a big fan of the VIP store either. Like Madaren stated.

madaren wrote:

I think that one really big problem here is lack of interesting things in VIP store. There is SOME interesting stuff, but not really that much that would make me feel like I HAVE TO have it.

I'd like it if we get to keep the Dollz story store and if Feerik puts more exclusive items that we actually WANT in the VIP store. How about some items from the previous quests? Or Flash Sale items?

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#33 2013-03-24 16:52:23

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

madaren wrote:
But this made me think of one thing that would make VIP status really interesting and would solve other issue we all are so worried about - Dollz Story Store closing.

Why not move items that are to be removed with Dollz Story Store to VIP store - this would make them more "exclusive" (what Feerik wants) and gave us still some opportunity to get them if we pay extra to have VIP privilages.

I am stunned to see this being suggested... I recently had the same conversation, privately, with another player where the consensus was a resounding NO.  You want to talk about "many debates and polemics on the different boards" (to quote the News post dealing with the not-so-end of VIP status) that would ensue with such an action... this would do it.  This idea would not "solve other issue we all are so worried about - Dollz Story Store closing" for anybody except VIPs... everyone else who is "worried" will still have the same "issue".

Every time we turn around there is some new weekly adventure, sale promotion, "exclusive" perk or, in DollzStory's case, restriction being introduced to entice us into spending more money here.  It has been said many times before... the target demographic for this website is primarily adolescent girls, most of which do not have the means to purchase Feez (not to mention purchase them with the regularity that is becoming the norm).  As a mother, I am horrified by the number of times I see a younger player talking about lying to their parents, buying Feez by phone without permission, trying to defraud the partner companies who offer free Feez, committing dangerous acts (like doing an adventure while driving)... even using parents' credit cards info without knowledge or consent.  I have seen ALL of these types of behaviors publicly disclosed on the Boards, here and on the French forum... and for what?  Virtual items?? Pixels on a screen???  Sorry if I'm being too frank, but this has bothered me for a long time *frowns*

To make the DollzStory inventory "exclusive" to VIP would result in most players being unable to create lofts using basic design elements, like floor and wall panels... and, I'm sorry, but basic design elements should be part of the basic game offerings, not a "perk".  There are even some who feel that basic storage (i.e. the Attic) should be part of the basic game platform... lack of even minimum storage forces players to hide hundreds of items in corners, massively slowing down page loading time, creating excess server drag, and reducing enjoyment of the site for everyone (the players doing the hiding and the divas visiting the "hiders" home).  Basic inventory storage IS a basic feature on other similar sites.

But I have gotten away from the point, which is very basic items being "limited" to a very few players. I will quote the VIP News post directly here, because I think these words are more than appropriate, express the desires of most players... and were offered by Sarah herself:

Sarah wrote:
We already have a lot of work for the news each week and want to focus on them, to satisfy most of OhMyDollz players.

Please note the "most of OhMyDollz players"... and the players is what it is all about.  If you have something to add to the discussion about DollzStory closing, perhaps it would do the most good (for the "most players") to include it in the Encounter with Mister Walker thread where it will be more readily seen.  Suggesting new ways to limit basic content and bolster VIP subscriptions is basically counterproductive for "most players"... including VIPs, who (I would think, but certainly do not know) will only be able to justify buying a subscription on their main account(s).  I certainly couldn't afford VIP for all my accounts, even if I wanted to... so most of my dollz, again, would be denied basic design elements.

malu wrote:
It's unfair that we're losing an awesome store just cause Feerik wants to earn more money.

I'd like it if we get to keep the Dollz story store and if Feerik puts more exclusive items that we actually WANT in the VIP store. How about some items from the previous quests? Or Flash Sale items?

Agreed, malu ^.^ This is a suggestion that I think would be (mostly) embraced by the community... moving DollzStory to VIP would (I suspect) not.

Last edited by n0regrets (2013-03-24 16:59:19)

#34 2013-03-24 17:52:58

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

I'm still waking up, so my vocabulary is short at the moment.

All I can say right now is: I agree. With pretty much everything n0regrets has said.

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#35 2013-03-24 23:02:31

madaren
Members

I hope you remember n0regrets my quite long post about why it is a very bad idea to have Dollz Story deleted. If you do (or if you read it once again now) you know I am stronly against deleting it and a lot of reasons I stated why I think so.

But since Feerik is seemingly again ignoring our opinion (as I did not see even one user happy about the upcomming change) I tought about something that would be ANY way to let us have those item aviable in some time at least on some accounts. I think that having at least some small change of getting it in far future by buying VIP status for short time with free feez is still better than not ever having them aviable again. This is all there is to it.

And as malu said - VIP status does not really give much to those of players that are paying for the game. I do sometimes pay for games I like, as I paid for this and for PoneyValley of Feerik's games. But I really do not like to spent my money on stuff that I only might get and that is aviable just for some time.

Therefore 1 free item every friday, that I even am not sure to like or even need is not interesting at all. Room that will be not be aviable for anyone to view after my rent has ended is pointless to have in first place for me. More votes for friends is good only if you have time to vote for them, and since I have work consuming a lot of time I don't really have time to use all I have right now. And as it was said VIP Sotre is nothing special. Only thing tempting is 60$$$ every week, that gives me more in year than I'd get buy buying 30$$$ packages... but still spending 7000 Feez at once is like insanity.

#36 2013-03-29 14:45:49

sarah
Administrator

Here is this week's Friday gift http://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/img/smilies/dollpaques

http://www.ohmydollz.com/img/big/62471.png

Chocolate eggs are excellent with a nice cup of tea.

Have a nice Easter weekend! aomd_smile

#37 2013-04-09 01:56:15

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

When's the first sale?

#38 2013-04-09 09:13:45

historygeek
Members

Wow...I think the VIP subscription is good for some but probably won't work for many of those who play OMD. 

I know that if my child asked me for $6 a week to play an online game that was free, I would be a little upset and concerned. I would rather buy them a game once (for more money) than continue to put out weekly money.

For myself, I don't think I would even treat myself to the VIP subscription. There are many more exciting things I would rather have - like books - than virtual items that may disappear.

I am curious...how many people on the French server are participating in this new feature?

#39 2013-12-03 06:44:29

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Does anyone use the VIP room as a kind of storage once their membership is over? I know it's been said that you can take items out of the room after membership is over and the room has been locked; but I'm still a little scared to use it...

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#40 2013-12-03 14:38:43

andybel
Members

I was about to become a VIP member because I like some items and the Villa room (and one of my alt. accounts won the vip status because of the quest) but those prices are like... too high for me and my economy, especially because of the new government laws on credit cards and dollar exchange pleur so, no VIP

~**...Keep your eyes on the stars, they will show you something everytime...**~

Board footer