You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 2013-04-02 01:13:41

darkjewels
Members

Re: Join the Elite with Feerik's new game!

@anyamalfoy: "ridiculous" sounds like a too kind word to describe those prices... and is it me or all the wigs(not to mention a bunch of other items) demand you to have feez? that's abusive!

@spiderwick9: for me EliteDollz looks like OMD, StarDoll and some-facebook-game-whose-name-i-can't-remember had a baby together

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#52 2013-04-02 04:50:56

zenchan
Members

I find it very annoying that the forum is all in French... I have only half a clue what they are saying with my limited knowledge of the language and if they think I am gonna translate everything just in hopes of finding my question answered.... they are crazy. Just saying. If you are going to invite English players, please make sure they can enjoy all aspects of the game, including the help section for when we get stuck!

Mod Edit: Your signature image is too large. Please go and read the signature image rules as you have not done so. This counts as a warning.

#53 2013-04-02 06:37:53

tresselle
Members

The high prices of items & the energy limit is the main problem apart from that I think they did a good job merging a hidden object game with a fashion related game (which has never been done before). The facebook version has 45 energy limit per day, so I hope they change this soon.
@darkjewels: Choosing your avatars first look is similar to other fashion related games but I don't think there's a different way that it could be done so I don't think they copied in that aspect & stardoll got 3 things from OMD - Wearing different outfits in each room, having additional dolls apart from the main doll & having different apartments in different locations. They even admit some of their updates are based on researches & members suggestions & ideas but because they are a more popular website, some people feel other websites get most of their ideas from them.

Last edited by tresselle (2013-04-02 07:24:06)

#54 2013-04-02 14:14:54

snortmort
Members

Zenchan - there is a small English section of the forum, towards the bottom. Just keep scrolling and you'll find us :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#55 2013-04-02 22:17:11

historygeek
Members

Um...in the very first post Sarah said we had been waiting for this game. I don't really remember there being any hype about this game to encourage us to be eagerly awaiting this new game. Maybe I'm wrong because I haven't been on the forum a lot because of real life issues. 

I think I'm passing on this game altogether.

#56 2013-04-03 05:41:23

darkjewels
Members

@tresselle: well... i meant the traces of the graphics(lips desing, hair, eye model, the doll's appearence in general) but you may be right... it's that PoneyVallee had to change the graphics because it looked too much like Pony Island and... let's see what happens next in Elite Dollz XD(i'm hoping this feeling that ED looks like Stardoll is wrong)

@historygeek: if there were anyone waiting for that game, it must have been in the french forum, because i can't remember this game being even mentioned here(correct me if i'm wrong?)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#57 2013-04-03 17:36:32

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

I... This game's story? What? What's wit "skip dialogue" how can you not skip it? The whole thing seems a bit too much like OMD except facebook-ized.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#58 2013-04-03 18:10:24

malu
Members

darkjewels wrote:

@spiderwick9: for me EliteDollz looks like OMD, StarDoll and some-facebook-game-whose-name-i-can't-remember had a baby together

LOL!

I haven't made an account yet and reading all of this, I really don't think I want to.

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#59 2013-04-04 19:47:02

madaren
Members

We got news from Elite Dollz. From what I see this new game is expected to be more important and popular than this one. They made it run on same server as this game, what makes game we know and low fail really often recently and now they give us here their news...

Both things are worrying me a lot, but as server might be some current issue due to checking how popular this game will be news on other games are made only to encourage playing the other game. And as both are about almost same thing it is doubtful many people will play both, and even less likely is that people will pay for both games. So why are we encouraged to switch to other Feerik game so much if it would be harmful for this game? Maybe we all should just move to this "elite" new game? I really am worried if quality of this game won't fall due to this. If we should switch just tell us so, I'd like to know what is going on.

Also it is not really very nice to give us of OMD hopes for some new nice items, specially after making so many our basic items exclusives now, just to see it is not for our game but the other one. I really am enjoying this game less every month now.

#60 2013-04-04 20:09:35

silverbast
Members

I just want to find a way to delete the account on this game, Elite Dollz, that is.  I'm not really interested after trying it and all my problems on this game started with it.

#61 2013-04-04 20:52:05

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

madaren wrote:
We got news from Elite Dollz. From what I see this new game is expected to be more important and popular than this one. They made it run on same server as this game, what makes game we know and low fail really often recently and now they give us here their news...

...Also it is not really very nice to give us of OMD hopes for some new nice items, specially after making so many our basic items exclusives now, just to see it is not for our game but the other one. I really am enjoying this game less every month now.

You beat me to it.  I was surprised to see a new "promotion" advertised on the "News" tab, since it was not posted on the Board... then I clicked it and discovered it was an Elite Dollz event being advertised!

Pardon me for asking, but are OhMyDollz and Elite Dollz not two separate games?  Having an account on one does not automatically mean you are a member of the other, and some players may not choose to join the other site... so why are we getting "News" for "there" over "here"?  Elite Dollz promotions are not relevant to the OhMyDollz site.

I am guessing that one reason "their" News might be displayed on this game is so players will think "Oh, pretty dress! I must have it!! I'll go make an account!!!", which would ultimately increase registrations on Elite Dollz... but perhaps "their" News showing up here is just another bug (I hope).

It seems to me that one of the largest complaints about both the VIP membership and the Star Rental was that "News" which pertained to a few was broadcast to all... creating division and dissension between the "haves" and the "have nots".  The perception was that a disproportionate amount of "News", perks, and promotions were being offered to these "elite" players... and being unkindly dangled in the faces of those who were not a part of one, or the other, group.

Sarah wrote:
After many debates and polemics on the different boards, the Feerik team decided to closed the access to the VIP status...
...We already have a lot of work for the news each week and want to focus on them, to satisfy most of OhMyDollz players.

I would hate to see that type of friction manifest itself here again... there have been far too many changes that have negatively impacted player sentiment in recent weeks.

#62 2013-04-04 21:06:23

spiderwick9
Members

n0regrets wrote:

madaren wrote:

...Also it is not really very nice to give us of OMD hopes for some new nice items, specially after making so many our basic items exclusives now, just to see it is not for our game but the other one. I really am enjoying this game less every month now.

You beat me to it.  I was surprised to see a new "promotion" advertised on the "News" tab, since it was not posted on the Board... then I clicked it and discovered it was an Elite Dollz event being advertised!

Pardon me for asking, but are OhMyDollz and Elite Dollz not two separate games?  Having an account on one does not automatically mean you are a member of the other, and some players may not choose to join the other site... so why are we getting "News" for "there" over "here"?  Elite Dollz promotions are not relevant to the OhMyDollz site.

I am guessing that one reason "their" News might be displayed on this game is so players will think "Oh, pretty dress! I must have it!! I'll go make an account!!!", which would ultimately increase registrations on Elite Dollz... but perhaps "their" News showing up here is just another bug (I hope).

It seems to me that one of the largest complaints about both the VIP membership and the Star Rental was that "News" which pertained to a few was broadcast to all... creating division and dissension between the "haves" and the "have nots".  The perception was that a disproportionate amount of "News", perks, and promotions were being offered to these "elite" players... and being unkindly dangled in the faces of those who were not a part of one, or the other, group.

Sarah wrote:
After many debates and polemics on the different boards, the Feerik team decided to closed the access to the VIP status...
...We already have a lot of work for the news each week and want to focus on them, to satisfy most of OhMyDollz players.

I would hate to see that type of friction manifest itself here again... there have been far too many changes that have negatively impacted player sentiment in recent weeks.

Hehe, there is not one word that you have said here that I don't agree with.

Ferik should realize that this game is better. Everything here is reasonably priced, and you can get XXX amount of money for working. Simple.
On ED, Everything is priced CRAZY, and you have to play games for it. And in order to play the games you have to use up energy. And even once you've used up all your energy, you still only have 50-60-70 bucks!

*Edit*
Not to mention, I need to send 3 friend requests, and I always feel rude sending random requests! And my username is different there, so no one would recognize me unless they checked out the English forum. sad I ruin everything.

Last edited by spiderwick9 (2013-04-04 23:48:05)

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kn2ynQkiWbg/Vwrll2jSJ8I/AAAAAAAACOM/jbC-otDqTLAPoCRfnzFIuYUHtk3Ovrkig/s1600/Crappy_Keeley_Signature.jpg

#63 2013-04-05 00:02:48

angelfire
Members
Website

OMG! Why are the wigs in Feez? I don't like any )and I do mean any) of the permanent hairstyles!

The game itself is okay (except for the bullying part)
but everthing else? The pose of the doll makes her look like she's too uptight. May just be me but yeah. that's the impression I'm getting. I mean who does that? She's like "mmhmm check me out."
aomd_blase

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#64 2013-04-05 00:10:58

madaren
Members

Sorry n0regrets but for me it is no bug at all. When Poney Vallee was still a normal page and not flash only one we got them EVERY news from here to make us come here and play OMD. It even went to degree of OMD news being more up to date than PV ones. I really hope it won't be like that here too.

Also seeing as they remade PV and as ED works I really do hope they won't ever remake OMD.

#65 2013-04-19 04:53:16

shiva
Members
Website

Okay, I'm going to be very straightforward here. I HATE this new game. OMD has been ticking me off these past few months, and now there's a new game that Feerik is trying so very hard to get us all to play. I've not even finished the tutorial and I still have vowed to never play that game again. It's too...rich. It's full of pretentious women keeping fake smiles on when they see someone walk down the street. I don't like the feeling of having to get involved too much with the characters, but it still tells us to find friends. It's like it's telling us to make AI friends and real friends, which we can't do because the AI will be stupid and all that crazy stuff. I do not want a game where it feels like I'm in a movie that was made only by girls who have been pampered all their life. I am trying not to say what I really want to say, but it's getting harder and harder as Feerik starts trying to pander to the few rich people on this site.
AND THERE'S STILL FEE'Z! I hated fee'z the moment they waltzed in through the door, and now they're in another game. I saw that they were there and magically a few minutes later I closed the game and stopped playing. I can't stand the way Feerik thinks that I have every single freakin' penny in the world! I doubt anyone could buy the stuff on there without eating for a few days because they can't afford it. It costs (possibly literally)an arm and a leg to buy the stuff on OMD, why Elite?
This makes me one step closer to stop going on any of Feerik's websites. I've rarely been on these past few days because I just don't feel the need to. I just have my friends that I come on for, and most of them I talk to on other websites. Feerik, you have one chance left or there's no hope for humanity when it comes to your games. I'm sorry.

tumblr: sirpepperston

#66 2013-04-19 15:53:16

madaren
Members

Feez are needed as every company needs to support itself and has to have some profit so there is no point in beeing angry about that... It is just that from some time ago it is not someting we need sometimes to buy bonus content but something we need all the time as almost every basic item is exclusive and most of high quality item comes from quests or flirts.

#67 2013-04-28 02:04:04

shiva
Members
Website

madaren wrote:

Feez are needed as every company needs to support itself and has to have some profit so there is no point in beeing angry about that... It is just that from some time ago it is not someting we need sometimes to buy bonus content but something we need all the time as almost every basic item is exclusive and most of high quality item comes from quests or flirts.

I know this, but they shove it in our face and constantly tell us to buy them and exclude us from things because we actually want to use our money for useful things. I really don't like the Fee'z because of the way Feerik talks about them.

tumblr: sirpepperston

Board footer