You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-03-25 23:08:02

sarah
Administrator

[Fashion Show] New Theme: Egyptian Divinity!

Hi Girls!

For the next fashion show we want you to look like an egyptian Queen, Pharao or even a Godess. You can decide if the outfit shall be historicaly correct or not.

We're excited to see your majestic creations from the land of the Nile on our catwalk!

The theme for the next Fashion Show is: Egyptian Divinity!

From Tuesday at 10:00 AM (CET) you can register for the show.

There's time until Monday March 31th at 10:00 AM to make up your outfit, make the most of it!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/Dollz/Defile_de_mode/theme_defilemode.png

You can get more information on the board by clicking on "Details about the Show" on the upper right side of the Fashion Show contest registration page.

You can also ask questions on the topic about the show.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

To register this week, you have to:

- Use AT LEAST 2 elements from the Egyptian store http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/us/egypte-2.png

Design the best outfit on #OhMyDollz!

I remind you that if you can not follow the requirements of the subject, it is better to wait for the next contest instead to be banned for non-compliance with the theme.

Make sure your outfit is consistent and complies with the theme before you register.

Also check that there are no objects attached to your doll that you do not want to show. If the object is not attached to your doll, it will not be visible during the show!

The Fashion Show contest rules are available on the contest enrollment page, on the top right corner.

#2 2014-03-26 14:15:11

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: [Fashion Show] New Theme: Egyptian Divinity!

sounds like a good theme. I think I'll join with an alt :D

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2014-03-26 22:24:49

30stmxfan
Members

Love this theme since all the Egyptian items are gorgeous!

discord: corgibutt#2664

#4 2014-04-02 15:23:45

angelfire
Members
Website

Okay I love how most everyone is on theme but this is bothering me more than it should.
I know what this person was trying to do...but Egyptian gods don't have multiple arms. Indian gods do.
And I did research on it and just as I thought, I didn't find any gods or goddesses that were Egyptian and had multiple arms.
http://imgur.com/zhF3tT9.png

Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#5 2014-04-02 16:40:27

30stmxfan
Members

Yeah I was wondering that too angel. I was also wondering why some people are very white when Egyptian is brown/dark brown skin colour. Since it's supposed to look like ancient Egyptians

#6 2014-04-02 16:46:31

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

30stmxfan wrote:

Yeah I was wondering that too angel. I was also wondering why some people are very white when Egyptian is brown/dark brown skin colour. Since it's supposed to look like ancient Egyptians

Nope Egyptians can be both dark and fair skinned. I should know since my family is originally from there ;) Think Greek and Italian skin. That's very common. So fair skinned with dark hair.

Sorry. Just needed to correct that :D Media can be wrong, hehe.

#7 2014-04-02 23:25:25

30stmxfan
Members

Oh i wasnt going off of media. I was going off of civilizations in ancient egypt such as kemet and such. Now a days (modern) they do look like more European then African. My mom is quite pale for being Italian/Spanish. This is probably from the breeding in between countries and change of cultures.

Think about the movie Cleopatra with Elizabeth Taylor. The media "whitens" people. Like in Egyptian Hieroglyphics, the colours for the figured are quite dark skinned.
Now obviously they had white looking Egyptians from when Rome become big in there culture. There are many theories. Sorry, history a favourite topic of mine haha :p

#8 2014-04-02 23:31:20

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

It's mine, too. That's why I'm super excited! You're right, though. Most of the ancient pics had them dark skinned, but there was a famous king. I think Tut or maybe someone later who was olive skinned.

#9 2014-04-03 10:04:26

evadiva
Members

There has always been & there always will be huge controversy over the skin colour of ancient Egyptians but this FS is actually about the Egyptian divinities, so: the ancient Egyptians believed that the gods were in actual fact made of gold - gold bones & gold skin.  In hieroglyphs they are depicted with red, yellow or white/pale skin. There's a god who has green skin & another with blue skin.

In terms of the actual Egyptians themselves in hieroglyphs, men were usually painted red & women were painted yellow - also in this case there is a lot of controversy as to why.

#10 2014-04-03 15:32:41

darkjewels
Members

angelfire wrote:

Okay I love how most everyone is on theme but this is bothering me more than it should.
I know what this person was trying to do...but Egyptian gods don't have multiple arms. Indian gods do.
And I did research on it and just as I thought, I didn't find any gods or goddesses that were Egyptian and had multiple arms.
http://imgur.com/zhF3tT9.png

you're not the only one disturbed with that.
i hate it when people get things wrong like that.
make a slight fail in an anime/cartoon/movie cosplay and everyone loses their minds.
make a scandalous mistake in a mythology cosplay, and very few seem to care x_X

AAAAAAAAAAND sometimes, when i press the button to get a new set of dollz to vote, some dollz i rejected reppeat...
IF I WANTED TO VOTE FOR HER I WOUDN'T HAVE REQUESTED NEW DOLLZ! non

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#11 2014-04-03 16:12:04

angelfire
Members
Website

Right though? I love mythology and am well versed in Indian and Greek. I know some Egyptian but you can tell which goes where even if you don't know them.

Indian deities are mutated, for lack of a better word, humanoids. Some have many arms, some have many legs, some have big ears, some have different skin colors, some have a combination of them.

Greek deities are humans. Flawless humans with magical powers.

Egyptian deities are human derived from animals. Some have animal parts some have animal heads, and some have animal traits.

#12 2014-04-03 17:50:49

moonglow
Members

Below is the site page you can see the picture (Ampedek).  That's where the idea for multiple arms (even though it was only four arms) came from-although it also had multiple lion heads, which of course I didn't do.  Sorry it angered you, but this why I did it. I didn't just make it up.  But I did take liberties. (Plus also just shows how lax the disqualifying powers that be have been)

http://www.suzar.com/Hathor/3lion.jpg

(look about middle of page and the below is also stated)

Nubian deity Ampedek, having 3 lion heads and multiple arms. this deity's 3 lionheads have no lion mane, and s/he wears apparent feminine attire (men are not shown dressed like this).

The Apedemak Temple at Naqa, Sudan is adorned with reliefs depicting the imposing figures of its builders, Queen Amanitore, King Natakamani and crown prince Arikhankharer doing homage to the three headed Nubian Apedemak lion god. In the scene of adoration, she is represented in a human shape with a lion's head. Apedemak's doubling of hands touches the king and queen with one pair of hands and at the same time another one is holding the ears of grain

#13 2014-04-03 17:59:34

lionesslady
Members

sad   In case you want to look at what Moonglow said,

Here is the actual page with more than just the picture.
http://www.suzar.com/Releases/3rb-babelbible2.html

#14 2014-04-04 00:33:21

hollymoua
Members

this fashion show is so diffcult to vote on!! everybodues oufit are sooo good!!

#15 2014-04-04 01:33:57

goldenlightt
Members

Sorry, Egypt-obsessed girl here.
The goddess you're talking about was a Nubian goddess, as it says on the page. Yes, both cultures were very close together, since Egypt invaded Nubia in various opportunities, but even though they had some deities in common, Nubians kept some of their own like Ampedek.

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

#16 2014-04-04 07:38:13

darkjewels
Members

hm... so that's where the confusion came from...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#17 2014-04-05 10:55:00

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

Aw such a pity I missed this one! There are some great costumes & my compliments are going to those who made their costumes original rather than just using an 'already made' one ^^
Soleda (I think was name that appeared!) is one of my favorites.

Board footer