You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-05-31 18:28:05

darkjewels
Members

android/Ios emulators?

so, i've heard of a software that allows you to run android apps in a computer
and another one that does the same with ios apps.
anyone ever heard of either?
i think i'll need to install whatsapp on my computer because most people in my college are using it for comunication(ever since msn merged with skype) and i won't buy a smartphone and my tablet's battery would run out too quickly(and i's need to charge it all the time).
so, yeah, i basicaly need a way to run whatsapp on my pc(since i use it all day long) and i thought of this android emulator(so maybe i could also install a couple games and other useful mobile apps on my pc)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#2 2014-05-31 19:04:41

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: android/Ios emulators?

Windows 8 has apps that you can use on the computer.
I have a lot of games that were originally for mobile but I was able to download it to my laptop. Windows 8 is basically an iPod on a laptop screen. If that makes somewhat sense.
I can play things like Jetpack Joyride, Subway Surfers, Royal Revolt and loads of other games on my computer. The store doesn't have much stuff but it's getting there.

OR if you have chrome, go to the chrome webstore and search up whatsapp. They look like they can work. I'll try it and let you know what happens

*EDIT*
For Chrome:
Okay so there's this installation process you have to go through. Using that, you should be able to use it like you would a phone.

Last edited by angelfire (2014-05-31 19:11:41)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2014-06-01 06:08:51

darkjewels
Members

maybe i should have included my software info x_X my bad.
operational system: windows7
brwosers: internet explorer(forsaken), opera(lastest), firefox(lastest)
touchscreen: no
computer type: desktop
about windows8: please, please, please, for the holy's sake, ANYTHING but windows8! take my internet, take the tv, take my candy, take the chocolate off my life, but PLEASE, do NOT make me use windows8! anything but THAT!
pleur

@angelfire: could you pm me a link of a tutorial for this chrome thing? and maybe a link to the app's

PS: @ anyone who did not reply yet: new replies are still wellcome. one can always use more information.

---

#4 2014-06-01 12:24:11

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

For apps, I heard google chrome is your best choice. The only problem is when you're logged in to google chrome using your account, you're basically giving away your privacy and everything you type, so I would recommend get google chrome, use a Gmail account to do whatever is needed and then log out.

I don't know if Firefox will help with apps. Gonna do some research and let you know.

also I remember a friend who had a virtual machine installed which basically allowed him to switch to android OS on his machine and switch back to windows. Will get you the name.

Have you seen the latest updates and features of windows 8.1? After all of the updates that were released and the one that soon will be released, you can actually disable most of the features you don't like including the start screen and several of the gestures. They even now allow you to maximize, minimize and close apps just like other applications. At the top now you see a top bar like windows with the - + and x button. You can do it even from the task bar.

so basically now it's a faster version of win 7 that enables you to use touch and gestures if you want to and can run apps.

You see, the reason I'm writing this is I hated windows 8 until I had to use it to work on an app as a part of a class. Just an fyi in case you need to use it :) Of course you don't have to. I still have a windows 7 at home and a windows 8 at work and college.

Last edited by darkelfqueen (2014-06-01 12:25:48)

#5 2014-06-01 21:08:03

rukia131
Members

Well yes you can just google android/ios emulator and then pick what you want . It doesn't matter what operating system you have ... I remember I had one myself ... I used it to play something I found to hard to play on phone ...But for whatsapp you need a phone number and mobile contacts ... I don't think you can use that app on computer or if you can I think it will still be hard and inconvenient

#6 2014-06-02 20:47:22

darkjewels
Members

@angelfire: i forgot to thank you x_X sorry about that. ps: thanks.

@darkelfqueen: thanks! and please, let me know if you find one for firefox. if not, then, could you please pm me the name of the google chrome app?

darkelfqueen wrote:

also I remember a friend who had a virtual machine installed which basically allowed him to switch to android OS on his machine and switch back to windows. Will get you the name.

how does it work like? i'm curious...

@rukia131:

rukia131 wrote:

Well yes you can just google android/ios emulator and then pick what you want . It doesn't matter what operating system you have ... I remember I had one myself ... I used it to play something I found to hard to play on phone ...But for whatsapp you need a phone number and mobile contacts ... I don't think you can use that app on computer or if you can I think it will still be hard and inconvenient

well, i've tried googling one a few months ago to play a few ios/android games on my pc but i failed to find one or at least a working download link to one(i have an ubelivable lack of luck with web searching). wich one did you use?
as for the phone thing: well... tecnicaly, my phone number is already in whatsapp(a classmate added my number...) so i suppose i'd need to write down my phone number for it to work but i don't know either x_X. thanks.

-x-
a few sidenotes...(sorry for being so picky and annoying x_X)
i think i should have said(wich i did NOT) in the 1st post that i'd rather lose the internet forever than using windows8(i already dislike win7 and i didn't put winxp back on my computer because i'm afraid i'd mess it all up) i can't easily describe my feelings for win8, it's design and it's functionalities without using profanities (unless i had one of those touchscreen notebooks, i'd NEVER use windows8) also, i don't have a notebook nor a smartphone and no prediction to obtain one anytime soon(they're both way too expensive where i live and i already have a great phone, a tablet and a computer...) and why didn't i get a tablet with cellphone function? because it was $400 more expensive than one without that funcion.

and yes, new replies are still wellcome.

---

#7 2014-06-02 20:49:52

angelfire
Members
Website

No problem!

I'll make the tutorial after I get home. But there's also a TextNow download if that works.
Questions:
-What tablet do you have? There usually is a program that you'd be able to use for texting.
-Does it have to be WhatsApp or any oter texting software where you can add people who use a different software?

Last edited by angelfire (2014-06-02 20:53:09)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#8 2014-06-03 05:19:49

darkjewels
Members

-What tablet do you have? There usually is a program that you'd be able to use for texting.

it's a galaxy S2(samsung). but like i said in the 1st post, it would run out of power too quickly. i was willing to use the software in my computer because it's on all day long and i sit in front of it all day long as well, so it would be more time/cost eficient than accessing it from my tablet and having to charge it everyday...

-Does it have to be WhatsApp or any oter texting software where you can add people who use a different software?

well, the people i'm trying to contact are all using whatsapp, so unless there is another software that can contact whatsapp groups and users other than whatsapp, then it'll have to be whatsapp :c

EDIT: thanks in advance for the tutorial

Last edited by darkjewels (2014-06-03 05:20:29)

---

Board footer