You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-10-21 19:59:51

emajenz
Members

<3 Ema's Travels <3

I love to write stories, I use the quests as inspirations of where the dollzs can go. So as the quests I use come out, Ema will be going on "side travels".  I have written these stories in my WIA, and have been encouraged to post them here.  If you would like to read them and leave constructive comments, I will appreciate them.

#2 2014-10-21 20:02:08

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Re: <3 Ema's Travels <3

I especially loved the last quest's story!! And the idea of following the story across rooms was genius, in my opinion.

I really hope the next story would be a good idea for Ema's adventures!!!

#3 2014-10-21 20:11:53

emajenz
Members

10-08-2014

The Cruise
...............Package sent Special delivery. Ema is needed on board...

Here is the account taken from Ema's report:

I almost jump out of my skin when the door buzzer went off. "Special delivery, mam'" a voice yells out.  No charge for the package, but I give a tip just the same.
A delivery from the 'Company', how strange usually I just get a phone call.... what is this,
A small bottle with a Ship in it?  Wait there's a note under the ship, I can barely make it out through the bottle... Now where did I last have my tweezers?

Looks like I'm going on a Cruise... for Singles!  Leaving tomorrow doesn't give me much time to pack. Hmm, there will be cruisewear and partywear. Oh and throw in a swimsuit.
I'll be contacted with further in for mation on board by a young man named Armando.. Well I've got to get going.

I've boarded and started off to find my cabin, when I practically ran down by a young man who doesn't even stop to apologize.  Getting into my cabin was no easy task either. I located my cabin, almost on the bottom floor of this floating palace. I'm sure there's a purpose for me to be on this level, I'm sure the Company could afford the best.

I enter the cabin, sure enough there's a letter here on the desk. Only photo of a young lady with only four words on the back..."Follow her to Leuca".
As I'm changing for dinner I notice something in my pocket.. it's a room key F- 4. How did this get into my pocket? Then I remembered the young man that bumped into me. He must have slid it into my pocket then.

First nite on deck is casual wear. Thank goodness as I don't feel like dressing up.  I head up on the deck making a side trip on level F. There he is just coming out of the door, he nods and smiles.  I follow him out of the corridor onto the lower deck. There he stops and turns around. Quietly he speaks to me.. "once you locate her, make an excuse to be invited to her cabin. We must find out if she is transporting...." We are quickly interrupted by a steward, "Evening friends, are you finding the night air enjoyable?"  "Or yes sir, it's so romantic" the new guy says as he takes my hand and pulls me on toward the Prow.
"Wait, hold on, who are you and how do you know me?" I ask him.   "I'm sorry Ema, I thought you were briefed", he replied, " I'm Armando" he's pulls out his ID. "I'm your contact, until you retrieve the merchandise".  He slips a small manila envelope into my cruise bag. "Now that we have been spotted, we'll have to act as a couple for the next few days. I'll be leaving at first port".   Then giving a swift look around, he gives me a slight hug and says "Alight I'll walk you back to your cabin" Makes a turn, and with his arm around me almost face to face with another couple.  We make our excuses and off we go.
I have been looking all over for her.. and finally I find her in line at the buffet with Armando.. He looks like his have such fun.. What a player. They look suspiciously at me, so I walk up and introduce myself to her. "oh, yes" she says, "um, Armando told me that he took you to dinner our first night on, but that you two didn't really have anything in common", "Right Armando?"  "sure, sure, right?" he turns to me.. "You certainly have that right" I replied. "But I hope we can all be friends and enjoy this lovely lunch".  I give a slight laugh at it and join them as they walk to the tables. 
We get along fabulously, we talk of her home, why we're all on this cruise, (of course I can't tell her the whole reason behind my trip). We get along so well in fact that she invites us back to her cabin to look at her  sc.rapbook. "oh no, I would not want to intrude on you two being alone".  She looks totally shocked, "I would never ask a man to my cabin alone!", she replied emphatically!  "If you are too busy, perhaps we should all make it another time."  "No, no" said Armando, "You two go ahead, I'm sure I'll see you later" he says as he gets up to go..
Yes, I'm in like flint I giggle to myself. That was just too easy.

Are you kidding,, I couldn't believe her "room".. It's a full on suite.  We began chatting, then she remembered that we originally came her to look at her sc.rapbook.  "Oh, it's in the other room, make yourself comfortable I'll bring it in here", she said as she got up to go. Then she turned and said, "Oh come on in, we'll be more comfortable, we can just spread out on the bed and look at it".  So I follow her into her large bedroom, bath area.
Wow!  "You could fit four people in this bed".. "You should come down to my closet, oh I mean my state room" laughingly  I spin around with all the room.. Then I see it.   "Oh", I say as I pick it up, "what kind of music do you like to listen to?" 
"Most any kind" she replies from the large walk in closet, then pokes her head out. "Why"?  I turn with the disk in my hand, " I was wondering about it, your CD isn't labeled"..  "That's not mine, it was here on the desk, with the other complimentary gifts. They're all over as you can see", pointing around the room. 

She's right. There are boxes of goodies all over this suite.  I was happy to see that there was a least a fruit basket in my room.  Getting back to the disk... "Have you played this, what type of music is it?"  "I don't know, I tried playing it in the stereo out there" pointing to the other room. "But it kept spitting the thing back out at me"  "I called to housekeeping and they said they don't offer music disks to pa$$engers, and that I must have packed it by mistake" she went on " so I just left it there. I think maybe one of the personnel left in here while cleaning and they don't want to take responsibility for being so laxed".  "Maybe I'll try again, or just throw it out".
Well I knew right off why it wouldn't play music.. it's a computer written DVD.  It's not going to play in a stereo. 
Just then there was a knock on the cabin door. I was so interested in the disk, I nearly dropped it. She turn and laughed "You need to relax, this is a vacation", she turned and walked to the door...

I could hear her speaking loudly with a male, I walk out into the other room and there is Armando. "What's going on?" I ask.  "Armando here says he left something in my room, but I've never let him in here before".. "Armando!"... I interrupt before he has a chance to say more, " You must be mistaken. Seems like you don't remember which of the ladies you've been with"  "I've been here with her for a while and you haven't been here."  I try to get him to realize he is interrupting my chance to get the disk. 
"Oh, uh, I guess you're both right. Uh, well I've had a few drinks and I must have made a really bad mistake.. Just let me stay here for a minute and clear my head".   "No, No!" she is pushing him out of her room. "You go to your own cabin, or I'll call the Purser"  "I. I..." thud, he hits the floor, completely out.
"I'm calling the Purser to get him out of here".  "If my Grandmother finds out about this she will cut me off"  she turns and looks at me with panic all over her face. "Here I'll help you pull him out to the pa$$ageway. Then you can call the Purser."
We start dragging him out the door when I look up and there is another 'Armando' coming towards us. Quickly I drop his feet and pull her back into her cabin before she has a chance to see him.
This is turning out to be so strange.
"Ok, Sarah, tell me what's going on and why are you so upset?' She begins to cry almost hysterically.  "Calm down, calm down"... "now what's this all about?" 
She begins her story.. "I live with my Grandmother, and I've been dating Armani.. Andy, I call him.  My grandmother doesn't like him. She said he's known around the village and that there is a lot of talk about him and his "cousin". Which isn't his cousin at all but his twin. They, him or his twin, has caused a lot of trouble and have been switching back and forth, they come up with alibis when one or the other are caught.  I don't know Ema, I'm all mixed up too. 
Like I said, I was dating Andy, and then his personality changed. Then back again. I was sure something was wrong but i just couldn't put my finger on it, Until I ran into both of them by accident. They confided in me that someone was trying to kill me and my Grandmother. For some precious expensive item she has in her collection. I don't know exactly what it is but I got scared and told Grandmother about what they said.. I wasn't suppose to but I did.  That's why she sent me on this cruise, so that I would be away from Andy. I hadn't told her about his twin, Armando. I was with Andy this afternoon when you saw us, and he made up that story, and you went along. I knew then that Armando was on board too.. I can barely tell them apart, Andy has a tattoo on his shoulder, which you can't see unless, well you know.  Oh Ema I'm really scared now that I know they are both here. Something terrible is wrong." 
What a story.. I have no way of knowing if Armando is truly who he says he is. Where did he get the ID he showed me. How did he know me. Who put the letter and picture in my cabin. I don't even know at this point who is really telling me the truth.  I pick up the disk I dropped and turning it over.. "Why are you interested in that", she asks as she gets up and takes if from me. I already told you it doesn't work".  She puts in back in the case and takes it to the bedroom.  Hmm now that doesn't make sense. I follow her in, "if you're sure it doesn't work why don't you just throw it away". 
"Ok, I'll tell you the truth here" 
"what you haven't been truthful with me?"  I asked, looking at here with a pretend shock look.
"This isn't a CD, its a DVD. I just made up the excuse so you wouldn't be interested in it. I don't know what's on it yet as my laptop and case is missing. Andy asked me if I got it and was going to come here tonight and get it. But he wasn't suppose to come in. I know my Grandmother has people watching me and I can't have him in here. And besides that I want to know what it is before I give it to him."
"Put that in your bag and come with me. There are laptops in the library here on the ship. We can look at it together" "Come on" We gather it up and start out to the pa$$ageway, hang on a minute Andy, or Armando is still out there. If we're quite, we can step over him and then call the Purser from the deck phone. I open the cabin door slowly, and there is no one there. I look both forward and aft, no one. Perhaps his twin helped him out. Or maybe it was all a ruse too.
I turn to Sarah. "Come on he's already gone"
We get down to the library and it's empty, everyone must be at the party. We sit down t at the last desk, facing the door in case anyone come in. She takes out the disk and loads it into the system. The machine whirls up softly. The disk begins to play.. there's no sound but the whirling of the disk. A picture come up it's out of focus, then the next photo. I still can't make it out, then the third one comes into view.

Sarah lets out a gasp.. "Ah, that's my grandmothers sitting room, . Who's taking the pictures and ... wait there another photo, this room looks like someone has been going through things. What are they looking for?  One of her vases is broken on the floor, the books from the shelves are all over the floor. 
The photos stop, now a video starts. The camera is spanning the room, it's in total disarray. "Oh Grandma! Why did she send me away with all this happening?" " Perhaps to keep you safe Sarah, let's continue".  The camera zooms in on the broken vase..."Wait a minute, where's the other vase. She has a matching set of those, they were inherited from her grandparents from Italy"  That's it, its the other vase, that must be what they are looking for, or what they have."  "But what does all this mean"

I hear a Purser coming down the pa$$ageway calling out something..." an emergency call for a Miss Ema J****, an emergency call for Miss Ema......"   He comes to the door, "Oh excuse me misses, are either of you Miss Ema J****?"  "Yes that's me I answer him"  "Oh good, I have an emergency call for you, You may take it here in the library, I'll connect you in, just one moment".  He plugs in the phone he's carrying and speaks quietly into the receiver.."Here you are Miss, just push the star button when you are ready". You may just leave the phone here when your done". He hands me the receiver then turns and leaves.
I press the star and say "Hello this is Ema, to whom am I speaking with?"
"Ema"
Oh I'm surprised, its the Administrator.  "yes"
"I'll be brief, have you found her?"
"Yes"
"Good, You need to get her off the ship immediately, no questions asked. There's been a break in the case. The merchandise has been recovered. But she is still in danger. I have arranged you both to be transported by heli as soon as possible. Take her to the Captains cabin. He is waiting there for you both. You will be brought back to her Grandmothers estate." "Go now Ema"
"Yes sir"
"And Ema?"
"Yes sir?"
"Be careful, and do not contact Armando, I'm sorry, I'l explain all this later. Good bye"
He hangs up before I could reply.  I turn to Sarah. "We've got to go to the Captain's cabin right away. We're leaving the ship. No time for anything, get the disk out and lets go"
Sarah looks shocked,, but what about what we saw. What about Andy, what about my things" 
"Really Sarah we must hurry, this has to do with your Grandmother and we have no time for any of those 'What about's".
I grab her arm and race from the library to the Captain's cabin. He's waiting for us and holds out his arm. " You must be Sarah, Ema I have been briefed and you have our full cooperation. My personal helicopter is waiting on my private deck.. Let's get you both out of here"
I shove Sarah into the heli.

A loud crash is heard from behind me. I to see four men push through the door they have a hold of Armando, or is it Andy.  "Wait, wait" he's shouts don't take her yet I have questions".. "Ema, you must find out if she knows about..."
Bam!, down he went, we all look towards the door, there stands the other twin with a gun in his hand. He's gives him a blow to the head from behind, down he goes and drops his gun.
'Get in Ema" shouts the Captain as he shoves me in and signals to the pilot. "Go,go".  As we are flying out of there, I look back just as I see the Captain and the others throw handcuffs on the two brothers.  I wonder what is up with all that. I'm sure the Administrator will have answers.

I'm stunned at the explanation the Administrator is gave:
Armando and Andy were double agents. Armando was working for the Company giving all the info mation to his brother Andy. Since they were apprehended on board and turned over to Interpol, and are now
incarcerated.

Sarah's Grandmothers home was broken into.. The intruders were looking for the lost "Amethyst from Urai" It has been missing since 1902, and was tracked down to Isabella Stewart Gardner, in 1888. Isabella, was Sarah's maternal Great, Great Grandmother.  She traveled frequently across America, Europe, and Asia to discover foreign cultures. One of her favorite places to visit was a small villa at the Palazzo Barbaro, a major artistic center for a circle of American and English expatriates in Venice, and visited Venice's artistic treasures.   
It was at that time that her husband paid an enormous amount for a gem that was stolen from the museum. The largest amethyst from Russia. In 1919, Isabella Stewart Gardner suffered the first of a series of strokes and died five years later, on July 17, 1924. Her will created an endowment of $1 million and outlined stipulations for the support of the museum,  Also included was a certain pair of vases that were to be handed down to her daughter, and the first daughter or granddaughter there after.  Well you guessed it Sarah's Grandmother "Izzy" was the last in line, other than Sarah herself. Anyway, this in,for.mation was traced through a Russian doing genealogy and found where the vases recently would be.
Their organization, DMR, wanted the vases, well actually only one, as the gem was hidden in it. There is a "fake" bottom  put in one, and there is were the gem was to be.
When Interpol was in ed of the DMR was in the US and had been arrested in a burglary we of course was interested. The Company contacted Interpol and with the powerful influence of the Administrator was able to convince them to include the Company. 
Along with the men that were caught, they uncovered the vase. Thank goodness they had smashed the empty one. Since then we've had the Vase x-rayed and the gem was intact.
With Izzy's permission, the gem was extracted and returned to the Russian Empire. With full reward going to Izzy's family for keeping it preserved.

Much to Izzy's dismay, the vases themselves were not of any value, (except age), as her family story had been handed down. Since she now only had the one vase and no longer the pair, she has offered the remaining one to me.  As a sign of her gratitude, for getting Sarah home safely, and out of the situation on the ship.  Not forgetting the help I was in helping to apprehend Andy and his brother/cousin.

Sarah is in complete agreement and will have the Administrator ship the vase to my apartment.

-returned home-
             end of report
Ema
          Please let me know if you enjoyed Ema's travel.

Last edited by emajenz (2014-10-31 18:45:42)

#4 2014-11-14 01:43:41

sierradane
Members

I like it!

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#5 2014-12-20 03:16:59

emajenz
Members

The Stolen Crowns

I was sent to the Harbor Master's office to pick up an Express letter sent to the PO box. Why it wasn't addressed directly to my apartment like the others have, I don't understand.
Once back at home, I find out the Administrator wants this mission to be completely top secret.  I'm to report to the main branch of OMDMi8. Seems like there has been a misplacement of a crown. Looks like another International dilemma. Was it misplaced or was it stolen?
Talking it over with Bernard, here in the lab, we make flight plans and connection online.  I must meet with the Scott McDane, he will be the one that brings me up to date on what is happening with the crown.   Meeting Scott won't be as hard as meeting previous contacts, as his portfolio is listed in the OMDmi8 database.
Scott McDane; hmmm, older, high IQ.. been with the Company for many years.  So many years in fact that he is no longer used as undercover.  How will that help me.  My cover can't be blown by being with a known agent.....
This is his office?  A bungalow? I laugh to myself, he looks more like an old gigolo more than a 'highly intelligent'  agent. And who are all these girls.. Scott steps forward "Hello, you must be another interviewee for the position." " Please ladies, have a seat and I'll begin the interviews, but you must remember I only have two positions open" There's a  sigh from all the 'ladies'.
Finally after hours of waiting, I'm called into another room, however he steps behind his desk and opens another door to an interior room. 
Settling down behind a desk, he motions for me to take a seat also. "Well let's get down to the real business.  In a small Country of Truva; a chain of low-lying coral islands, there is to be a coronation of the twin daughters of the Queen Magnus II, within a month. The problem is one of the crowns is missing".  " Your role is to become the personal assistance to one of the Twins. You are to help her choosing her gown,shoe, makeup, hair.. You know all that important stuff". His sarcasm was dripping with disdain.  "You will be working with Thamus, he's not an agent, you might have seen him standing in the back of the room when you came in. No, well perhaps not, anyway, you both will be working along with me."
"The Queen has hired me, to investigate, locate and return the missing crown.  She knows I will be hiring two to help me, however she doesn't know you are an Agent. She nor Thamus knows and I want it to stay that way. Thamus of course doesn't know our association.." 
"We will have a meeting with Queen Magnus II and her daughters, Princess Josepha and Princess Isabella, tomorrow afternoon in the garden at Chateau De Lorraine.  You and Thamus both will have one afternoon to get to know he girls and then they will choose which they would like to work with".
  I will be working with one of the young ladies during day hours.  After dinner we are to take our leisure as to our own. Thamus will have his rooming at front of the hall, where other male guardians and such reside. My room will be at the end of the wing, giving you free access to an outside exit. Also allowing for my coming and going to be less noticeable.
Meeting Queen Magnus II went well.  She seems pleased at Scott choices and spent a few minutes with each of us. We followed her down the huge hall to a more intimate room to meet her daughters.  As we walk in she takes her place beside her daughters and begins introductions. " Ema, Thamus, these are my daughters; Princess Josepha and Princess Isabella".. "oh mother must we be so formal, after all we will be working with them for the next few days"  "Fine girls fine... Ema, Thamus durning non public times you may call the girls by their nicknames. This is Josey and Bella " 
The girls seem sweet, friendly and very up to date. Although they look similar, there is a slight difference to their eyes. Bella seems soft and quite, why Josey is much more vocal. I was happy when Bella chose to work with me, while Josey grabbed Thamus by the arm and corralled him off to another room.
First stop to the dressing room to look at designs so that I could get to know her style and color preferences.  Then to the hair dressers to "try on" different looks. Then nails and the whole day is gone.
Just after dinner Scott quietly knocked on my side door. As I had a long day, he is telling me the day was not long enough to get all the information we needed.. He spoke with Porter, the chamberlain and the downstairs butler. He wants me to have a "chat" with the chambermaids, Cook and other scullions. Together we will have a conclave with the  "Lady in waiting" or Lady of the Castle, this evening. 
Janice the lady of the castle, would prefer to be call "Mam".  A rather large earthy woman with a mind clear on her path. She tried to hide her personal feeling, but it clearly showed through.  She doesn't waste words either. She was straight to the point of saying she was sure it was Josey's chambermaid Lela, she's a small girl barely the age of Josey herself.  "Mam" says Lela skitters around doing her chores, in and out of the rooms where "one could barely catch a glimpse of the girl".  "Now there's one that you need to keep you eye out for".
Mam continues on with more stories of items missing and later found in very odd places and not at all where they belong. She is so sure that Lela takes things and then when there is a "stink" brought up about it, places somewhere out in the open to be noticed. "Who knows what the girl has taken off with that no even knows that is missing YET"
Scott and I return to the Hall to further this discussion. Very plainly there is something else going on behind the scene. Much more than just the fact the girl is small and can get in and out of places quickly, and manages to get all her work done. Early next morning I plan on talking with the chambermaids including Lela. The Princesses will be off with the Queen Magnus II on royal business.
Lela introduced me to all the other girls, including Dena which is Josey's chambermaid. When I ask the girls what they think of Mam, the look at each other and simply giggled. "Mam is a bit stuffy, she's so slow going and doesn't like it when I get done with my morning chores to free time to work in the garden." "I love working in the garden, I can spend hours out there, but of course I do not".
That, I found out is something she shares with Bella. They both love the fresh flowers that are grown out there, and they have an organic bed of vegatable they are so proud of.  Dena was just as proud of the work she does with Josey taking care of her prize possesion, her horse. A huge Arabian Horse named Josey's Pride Pedra.. Pedra for short.
I achieved permission from Mam to go along with Lela on her daily chores. Which would be a bit different as Bella was not at home at the time. Usually she starts in the kitchen washing up fruits used at breakfast. Standing near Bella at the table in the case more food would be needed. However Lela again giggles, "Miss Bella hardly eats at all, never finishing what is placed on her plate at the beginning of the meal". "Not at all like Deana who fetches this and that, only the nicest of the picking".
A bit later were off to Bella's chamber, were yes in deed the girl flys around the room changing the bedding, fixing this, straightening that. What a whirlwind, one I could certainly use at my place.  Down to the laundry, off the kitchen to clean up any dishes or such left from Mum's slow pace. Then if needed off to the street markets for items today though, no trip to town is needed. So indeed we go out into the gardens.
After a bit of chit chat I begin to question her more about personal things of Bella's. She's a bit reluctant t to share anything, but I converse with her to get her a bit more easy.  When I ask her if she knows about the crowns the girls will be getting, she turns stone cold. The color in her face seems to all but disappear. "Why what's the matter dear?" I ask her.  She collects her thoughts she speaks quietly, "I'm not privy to knowing".   
"Really?  I thought it was common knowledge among you all. Mam had shared with me that they were quite expensive, but didn't go into what they looked like"  I said to her as we made up the bed with clean linens.  She stopped with the sheet mid air and said, "oh really" she paused then replied glibly,,  " That's what she told me too but she didn't let me see them"
"Mam said that just one of those red stones would be more than I could use up in my lifetime." She spoke more freely, "I'm sure she was just boasting, as how would she know about my living, I'm not at all like her".  When I asked Lela what she meant,  she told me that once when she was going down the long hall she noticed that Mam's door was not all the way shut.  She could see  Mam wearing sparkling earbobs, laughing and twirling, she stopped at the door to ask what the gayness was attributed  to. And to her shock, Mam yelled it was none of her business and slammed the door shut. 
Another time, while working in the galley with Mam, she notice a flash of a twinkling jewel hanging from Mam's neck. Lela made a comment of how shiny it was and was nearly knocked over when Mam push her hand away when she pointed at it. Mam ran from the room and came back later, without the necklace. Lela of course didn't say anything further about any of the "sightings" of jewelry or new frock or even her shoes.  Hmm note to self look more closely at Mam's apparel and footwear.
Then I had a chance to talk with Dena  she was much more forth coming. Oh yes she new about the crowns, she saw them, Mam even let her hold one. "Only for a moment though as I wasn't to know about them. Mam was like that you know, always having to know more or have more than you. 
"Bella was to have the Ruby one and Josey was to that the Sapphire one. Josey will love the choice, as it will be so pretty with her blue eyes. Bella will get the other one, as  rubies will represent her "good heart", how boring".  Apparently these crowns had been in the family since the 17th century, from  last time there were twins in the line.  Mam was to take them down to the Jewelers to have them shined up and make sure that the settings were all strong, but when she went to get them, they were gone. .
I wonder when we talked with Mam, why she hadn't mentioned any of this.  I spoke about as much with Scott when he returned.  I hadn't much time left, as I had to go with Bella and Thamus to the Coffiers and then to a haberdashery to pick up the finest of ribbon, bows and whatknots to go on those fancy dresses.  Scott said he would go down to jewelers to check on any leads there. We would meet up again later.
The ladies were very late in coming back, seems like one thing led to another and they put all the visiting in the same afternoon. However Bella has come down with a terrible headache and was not up to any of the errands we had to do.  She asked Josey to give her apologies and that she was so happy with the items we had picked out yesterday that she was will to let me add anything I wish, if need be, but she was just as happy to leave it be. Perhaps tomorrow we could look at hairstyles if she was up to it.
So I quickly agreed and left. I knew I could catch up with Scott, and go with him to the jewelers as I had a few questions too.
I spoke with Scott he wouldn't be ready for a few hours. That would be fine, I'll go ahead and have a look at the haberdashery, just in case.  Then I'll pick up her shoes and meet Scott at the jewelers. 
I reached the jewelers before Scott, so I decided to browse around. I was looking at the counter when the owner asked about helping me. I explained I was just looking around while I waited to me a friend there. "New in town, I haven't seen you before", "You know how it is in small towns like this one". " Are you here for the Coronation?" " Are you staying at the Hotel, I heard it was going to be full up".  He rattled on a few more questions before I could untangle my hands to raise them up in a halt position. " Before you interrogate me any more sir, I'll tell you I've been hired to .." "Oh Hello Mr. McDane, nice you again" the owner belted over my head, as I turn to fine Scott coming up the steps in the shop. "Hello, I didn't realize you were the owner of this shop". " Ema, this is Doug, we met at breakfast the other morning"
"Oh you two know each other?, Well come on in. What can I do for you today?"  "Well Doug, it's a delicate matter, but have you had any conversations with Janice, the main housekeeper at the castle".  Doug almost fainted, well yes he had in fact. Last week she called about an appointment him. She wanted a private meeting, he had thought maybe she was, you know, sweet on him and all that. But it turned out that she was interested in know the cost of some stones. Rubies and Sapphires, how close did you have to get to find out if they were real or not. How hard was it to get then out of a setting, and would there be any marks on them if they were to be put into a new setting. And how much would it cost to do all that. Then the strangest thing of all, would he be interested in trading for the cost of doing all that.  He told her that he would have to see the items first to evaluate them.  She set up another appointment and was on her way.
"I thought it was awfully strange, and I've been worried about it ever sense". He started out, "Janice has brought other items in before, some I'd ask about, some I didn't.  I just couldn't believe her relatives would sent such beautiful pieces, and then she would just want to sell them or trade them off"  Then he looked directly at Scott and continued, " she never sold any to me, but she always wanted a true written price, so as she could make a list of them".  "I suspected she was getting a better price from the jewelers in the larger city.  But then she would have to travel over two hundred miles to get there. Not much profit it that"
Well that didn't take much to get the information from him. He spilled everything out as if he was a  porcelain vase with a large crack in it. Scott and I left the jeweler smiling. Was that a break in the case, by all sides it sure seemed like it could be.
When we returned back at the castle, Lela came running out to me.. She was talking so fast I had to take a hold of her shoulders just to slow her down. "breathe", I said to her. "Slow down, breathe, then you can tell me all about it"
"I'm sorry, I heard you and Mr. McDane talking about going into town to the jewelers. I was excited, I thought perhaps the Ladies had asked you to pick up something as gift, you know, as a thank you to the help"  "Dena and I were, were talking about it and Mam over heard us.  She demanded to know everything," Lela began rushing again, "I'm so sorry I had to tell her what I heard. She got so mad I thought she was going to strike my face". Lela now began to cry..  "I was so scared, when I began to cry it made her even more mad. She called me a sneaky little liar and that she was going to talk with the Queen and have me fired"
I pulled Lela in close and told her it would all be alright.  She stiffened and pulled away, " no you don't understand, she accused me of taking the crowns and was going to have Porter search my room and all my belongings. I don't have anything, I never have had.  Cook kept me captive in the galley while they searched though my room.  It took so long I don't know why, as I don't have anything. But when they came back to the galley they had the crowns, both of them.  She said they found them in the bottom of my chifferobe under the winter comforter."
She began to cry again, even harder than before. " I take them, I didn't put them in my chifferobe, I told you this morning I haven't even seen them".  Lela was about in full hysterics now. "Come with us Lela", I quietly spoke to her as if she was a child " let's set down and have some tea and talk this over with Mam"..  "No!" she screamed.  "Mam is speaqking with the Qieen, she's going to tell her all those lies!  She's going to have me fired and put into jail".
As we walked to the back door of the galley, we could hear loud voices from the inside. Scott went ahead of us inside and all the chatter instantly stopped.
"There she is now"  it was clearly Mam. "Am I to guess what nonsence she's been telling you" she accused as she pointed toward Lela.  Scott made it through the room to the head of the galley table. He spoke out clearly, "We have come in to have a cup of tea, and to talk this matter out"  "Just what is going on?"
Porter got up to speak when Mam gave him a firm look, and he slowly sat down again. Mam cleared her throat and began " This little waif was trying to steal the crowns, she is just not smart enough to get away with that with me in this house!"  Her voice gettijg every so loudly, "I'm not one you can put over a barrel, so I did a bit of search, Um I mean, Porter and I searched her room.  And there they were, all snuggled in the comforter inside her apron, down in the bottom of her chifforobe"  Mam threw out her arm and pointed to the crumpled apron on the table.  She seems to calm down a bit and said, " I was going to have a word with the Queen on this matter, except that I'm just so happy to have them back that I'll simply tell the Queen that I must have misplaced them on the way to see the jeweler last week.. But I must hurry on now, as I have to make another appointment to get them cleaned."
"Excuse me, Mam" Scott said as he stood up. Haven't you already made an appointed with the jeweler? For this evening in fact?"   Mam was clearly stunned at this, then composed herself then turning to me with a snarled lip and said,  "oh that's right, you two went there and spoke with him didn't you?"  I took a step closer to her and politely said to her, " Have a seat Mam, let's have some tea and get our stories straight, shall we?"
I then turned towards the table and looked at the pile on the table. I slowly unwrapped the crowns from the bundle of apron.  As I did, something fell from the pocket. A gasp came from almost everyone in the room.  Lela stood up and pointed, "That's not my apron" and those are not my earbobs. Those are the earbobs I saw Mam wearring. I told you Ema, look"  Mam lurched for the earbobs. As she did she slipped off the bench, nearly tumbling upside down.  This cased her gold chain to come loose from around her neck.  "And that's the smae necklace I seen her wear before, look it matches the earbobs". Lela was truely excited now, " That's Mam's apron, you can tell, the pocket has been repaired where she caught it on the end of the table and ripped it
I then turned towards the table and looked at the pile on the table. I slowly unwrapped the crowns from the bundle of apron.  As I did, something fell from the pocket. A gasp came from almost everyone in the room.  Lela stood up and pointed, "That's not my apron" and those are not my earbobs. Those are the earbobs I saw Mam wearring. I told you Ema, look"  Mam lurched for the earbobs. As she did she slipped off the bench, nearly tumbling upside down.  This cased her gold chain to come loose from around her neck.  "And that's the smae necklace I seen her wear before, look it matches the earbobs". Lela was truely excited now, " That's Mam's apron, you can tell, the pocket has been repaired where she caught it on the end of the table and ripped it".
Scott stood up taking a hold of Mam's arm "Mam is this your apron?"  Mam looked squarely at Scott, and the turned, "it was a gift from him" she nodded towards Porter. "Is this true Porter?", Scott asked.
There was a hush now over everyone, and they seemed to part ways in the large room. In walked the Queen!  "IS  this true Porter?" she asked him directly.  "No, no my Lady", he quivered as he spoke.   "I was only to help her when she took them to the jeweler"   "Shut up you stupid man, shut up" it was Mam again.
The Queen turned towards Mam "Well now Janice, it looks like we really do need to have a talk".  Then turning to Scott she said," Please call down to Headquarter and have the Constable come  immediately".  He handed Janice over to me, along with two pairs of handcuffs.   I placed the handcuffs on her, then walked over to Porter and placed the second set on him.  "Would you care to implement anyone else involved in this?" I asked him.  Porter hung his head and shook it slowly.
..... As it turned out, Mam was indeed the one who had set up the whole plot. She had been "lifting" items from the Queens quarters, along with those of both her daughters. There were priceless items from other parts of the castle that had been missing also. Mam, along with Porter at her side,  had set up a small ring of thieves who would pose as delivery persons coming and going. They were to take the items to her abandoned cottage (since she had been living at the castle for more than 5 years). There the items would stay for 6 months so if they were missed within that time, she could simply replace them. She was planning the biggest one soon. With the missing crowns, her and Porter were going to take all the items to the City to have them slowly traded for cash.  Then she and Porter would fly out of the Country and live a 'nice' life elsewhere.  She would simply tell the Queen that her sister suddenly fell deathly ill and she had to leave immediately, and Porter would be taking her in town to the railway.  Ah but if weren't for "that mousy of girl, always snooping around".
As the case was solved, I asked to bow out of my assignment with Bella.  The Queen understood, and Thamus was more than elated to take over for both of the girls.
Scott had sent me a short and to the point letter.. The Coronation went off well.. Each "Lady" looking as lovely as the other. Each receiving their proper crown.  Bella sends her appreciation in the form of this small trinket in hopes that it would be accepted along with an invitation to come back and visit any time I could.  I openned the small package that accompanied the letter.

aomd_bave

WOW, what a small trinket!
The End

#6 2014-12-20 03:39:40

torifan562
Members

i like it keep up, the good work! love

be kind. always.

#7 2014-12-22 18:21:36

emajenz
Members

Thank you ladies for reading and commenting. For a brief time, you can follow the story through my rooms listed in "My favorite rooms"  under main picture of loft... left to right.
Thank you again.

Last edited by emajenz (2015-02-24 02:47:10)

#8 2015-02-24 02:44:24

emajenz
Members

Hidden Treasure

Ah.. finally The Company has contacted me.  I'm on another mission. This time I'm to bring in two  to recruits for training.
I've asked Lishjo and Catz (Catalinasez) to join me in this mission.
We'll be traveling to a warmer place first girls so pack your bags, but don't forget that we may be in for anything. Are you in?
Pack your bags,and a backpack of essentials. I'll meet you at the dock.

We meet up at the dock and locate out pre-arranged cabin. I don't let the Purser take our bags, as I don't know who I can trust on this ship yet.
In the cabin, I lay out the map and show them the latest telegram. "No since in unpacking girls, we're off this ship at the first port.  We'll be docking at an Asian port. 

For centuries Angkor Wat was a working temple. Many important VIPs, Presidents and Royals came to vist. Including a Sultan's Queen, Scheherazade, who, on her visit here was kidnapped and held for ransom.  When the Sultan paid the ransom, and got his Queen back, her jewels were not returned with her. 
He was so angry that he bought the island and then in turn he closed down the religious temple and resold the property with the buildings.  Rumor has it that when it reopened as a museum, that her jewels were hidden somewhere within the building. Would it be in a underground tunnel, behind art on the wall, or buried somewhere within the aquarium that was built to look like a ship wreck complete with a sunken treasure.
While disembarking from the ship we are met by a natives of the island. They are pre ing a native dance for the tour group. Apparently one has been briefed as what we look like.  As she twirls close and around me, she hands me a note, then disappears back to the dance as swiftly as she came. Lish, DL and I leave the tour group to read and discuss our plan.
The note:
     "Bits and pieces is what you quest
       Sparkling once, when it was at best.
       That which is hidden is in plan view.
       Go deep is what you'll have to do."
........ text messages to follow......
As we continue to look around, Catz has someone following her.  She turns to talk to him and he shyly looked away. "Excuse me, are you following me on purpose?" .. "Ah, no mam" I thought I saw you looking for something, and I thought if it was an earring, I would help. I was trying to see your other earring, so I would know what it looked like".   "Well, as you can see sir, I don't have any earrings on. But if you work here I would like to ask you a few questions about this place."  He replied that he does, she takes his arm and together they walk around the water tanks and sees Lishjo, who has found an interesting guide of her own! They both begin to ask questions of the "tale" of the owner of the museum.
"What about the aquariums built here, are the artifact real?"  One guide looks at the other, but reply in unison "Some of them are"....
Grateful the girls keeping the guides busy, I do a bit of investigating on my own. "Hmm," Looking in the aquariums I notice very shiny pieces of gold and silver.  Stepping closer to the scene, I can make out the jewelry and pieces of gold are fake, as they are all fused together to stay in the trunk.  As I turn around I hear a laugh from a nearby tourist. " I see you actually thought they were real" he said. I smile quietly and continue my search. I hope he got the hint, 'I'm not interested'. At the moment.
Walking around, I see he is still looking in my direction.  Then just behind him a large seal jumped up from the small tank, which startled him, and he jumped and stumbled onto the floor.  I step forward to give him a hand up, and see them. "Here you go,perhaps you should pay more attention to where you are standing sir"
"Thank you, I ah will" he says as he makes a fast retreat to the Art section.  I wait until the seal returns the depths of the center of the tank.  I look in and see that the sharks in this tank are not real. Simply put there to keep people from reaching in. 
The window in the sides of the tank are made to look as though the tank is very deep with sharks swimming about. But only the center is deep, like a hole for ice fishing. So that the seals can come up on the rim as this one did. However, the inner side of the windows have a ledge, and there on the ledge are...the jewels!.
A loud speaker is heard calling the tourist back to the ship "Five minutes, please the USS. OMD cruise will be boarding. Five minutes".   Oh no, I don't have any time.
A maintenance person has been called out to clean up the water that spilled out of the tank.  "Excuse me please" she says, " Did you get hur or wet?"  "Oh no, but I was frightened a bit, I slipped slightly and my wrist hit the tank. I'm alright, but my bracelet broke and unfortunately the pieces fell into the tank. See you can them there.".... "Oh that's no problem, let me get them for you" as she reaches into the tank to retrieve the jewels, my phone begins to beep. 
"Here you go 'mam', if you'll wait here, I'll let the management know you are hurt"..  "Oh no, I'm fine. No since in causing anymore problems. Besides the cruise ship is loading and I mustn't me late".
I look beyond her and see that Lishjo and Catz are coming my way.  My phone begins to beep again. As we quickly head toward the ship, I retrieve my phone just in time to see that it's a text message....
... No time to waste. Car waiting keys in it. Meet Bernard at the air field..

Bernard meets us at the air field and escorts us quickly onto the jet. "No time to waste, the Director wants to bring you up to date on this case". We are barely inside and seated when the jet takes off.  I notice several others from the company. "Sir, Bernard. BERNARD!" I shout over the engines of take off, " I have in for mation that you should know".  "We should discuss this in private sir"  "Come this way", he snaps at me.. I call out to the others "Come on girls" to  Lishjo and Catz.
As the jet evens out, the engine become almost silent.
At the back of the Company's private jet, is the situation room set up to be in direct contact with the Director. 
Here I begin "Sir,  Getting off the ship we received a message written as a riddle."  "Lishjo do you still have the note, give it over to Bernard"..
"While Catz and Lishjo were keeping the tour guides busy I had a look around the place. But it wasn't until a customer stumbled that I saw them" .. "What did you see agent?".. "The jewels sir, they were in the smaller tank in the center of the room" 
Catz looked surprised, "Sir, didn't you know about them, I mean, didn't you or the Director send the clue" .. "She's right sir, if not you, then who?' Lishjo looked confused, and I as well.
Just then, Saul stepped into the room. .. "It was I. While on a case in India, I heard from my inf or mant who's living there.  He had info on this case. After contacting the Director, I was ordered to make sure that Ema received the message, it was in code. But we were sure it would be understood by our agents. As they did, hence the note was forwarded."
"This must be what the Director wants to discuss". .. "He didn't mention any of this at the briefing" explained Bernard.  "Alright, enough for now. Go ahead and settle in, it won't be too long to we get to the Latin American Bureau office"
(go to the Mexico room)
From the air field in Manuel Crescencio Rejón International Airport, we went by jeep to the Buerau office. It's a small villa up a large hill over looking the ocean.
Walking in it would look like a simple Villa.  The Director himself was there, and welcomed us in. He escorted us to the back, where I thought would be another simple room. But the wall was moved, and there was the office.
Video screens lined the main wall. There were several pictures of the woman we had been briefed on.
" Agents, we don't have much time left. The Queen has been retrieved and is back at the palace. Her crown has also been located and will be flown in at any minute." " Ema, I have been in for med you have found the missing jewels"
Catz stepped forward with her bag. "Yes, sir" she spoke up before I had a chance too. " I have them here sir".  ... "Good, let's get them out, cleaned, and ready before the crown arrives." She handed them over to the young man the Director pointed to.
"Great job Agents, now let us down to business, your mission is not over yet" "From here you will fly to Istana Nurul Ima Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei. The Sultan has invited you to join him when he returns the crown to his Queen".  "Randolph stated that it would take no longer than an hour to refit the jewels. It's a short trip by Company jet, you can change once you get on board. But remember you will be hiking up a trail to get to the palace."
"Thank you Sir, yes thank you" We each in turn say to him, shake his hand and off to the jet.
"Great job Agents!"

end

Let me know how you like this short story.

Last edited by emajenz (2015-03-12 04:09:29)

#9 2015-04-11 19:45:02

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

I finally got a chance to read this! And boy was it good!

This should be turned into a comic mdr

#10 2016-12-05 18:53:32

emajenz
Members

12/2016
                      Agent gone

Agents, I have received a coded message from the  bureau:

7.5.20  16.1.3.11.5.4  13.15.18.5.  20.15. 3.15.13.5

That's it?  Wait, if this is in code, then "they" are in the field when
writing this.  But where to? For what? .. If I don't know, how am I suppose
to pack?  How am I suppose to let you know what to bring? 
Then packages begin to arrived. Wait.. not to my "safe house". No one should know this address...
This must mean......
It's been a full week, no news, no further messages. Keep on post girls, it shouldn't be much longer.  Don't break your cover, just keep on the ready,
Something must have happened, they never contact me so far in advance. Plans must have changed. . . or did someone get captured in the process?
A knock on the door, when opened there stood a young girl with a cat and a note. "I found this on your doorstep when I came to ask if this is your cat. I found her sleeping on my car" Holding out a not written on a s*** of paper torn from a grocery bag..
" S.O.S.! ....HELP! I've been captured....they have me in a room with no windows so I don't know where I am! the guy who brings my food is a friend and will get this message to you! "
Where did it come from, where should we start.  I'll take it to headquarters to get it fingerprinted and analyzed. Looking outside I see the limo has been sent. We'll meet at the jet.
              *Just behind the pilot section is the mobile computer control center.*
  Agents, here are our latest subjects.  The command post hasheard from all but these two on the screen.  So we have narrowed it down to them, Red and JK,, AKA, Jake Kolder.
Seems that one of them might be the source of the problem. We have no further intel from out agent. It's just a matter of time. We will be flying out on a surveillance mission trying to pick up a "ping" from her GPS. We've tried locating locally, but no signal has been picked up. There's a few more agents that hasn't arrived yet.  All will be brought up to date when they have boarded.
Let's go over the information while the others get here.. The messages were slow coming, however we know it's dark, GPS won't pick up location, wild animals are being herd.
If the device is underground, in a tunnel, underwater, or turned off. However an agent would know never to turn off the device.
Ah, I hear the arrival of the other agents, and just as quickly the map on the screen begins to beep. First slowly and then loader and faster.  "We located her."   "We're on our way", shouts the Captain from the cabin.  The roar of the engines begin as everyone settles in. 
Not more than 2 hours later we are circling a very small airport.  More of a landing strip than an airport.. Wait is this jet too big for that area?  No, nothing is impossible for the bureau's captain.
We land safely and just off the tarmac, is a very old sedan, and an even older driver. With 2 other agents in the far seat.
"Yes, she has been located and safely retrieved"... Seems that Lishjo was on a special mission to locate and bring home a very expensive, rare and close to extension, Yak calf. 
The calf had been stolen from the "Queen's Ranch".  The first day of free ranging the calf was closely watch by one of the shepards. Then out of no where the Shepard was hit on the head with a very heavy object, and could remember nothing of what happened next.
On following the tracks and leads from the neighboring farmers, Lishjo was able to locate the trail of the thieves took.  But the tracks lead to a huge rocky area, and stopped. It was as if the animal was lifted onto a truck or carrier of some kind. Except there were no tire tracks. No tracks at all.
After further inspection of the area she noticed that there were ground markings around the front of the huge rock..
It wasn't just a rock it's a cave! Ah, that was the turning point..
Lishjo struggled but finally she was able to remove all the debris from in front of the entrance.. Using her torch (flashlight) from her kit, she slowly went in.
Listening carefully for any sounds coming from in front of her. But also being aware of any noises from behind. The deeper the cave went the colder it was.  Suddenly there was a sharp turn, there she could see a a crack of light coming in from a distance. After a few more steps she could feel the earth beneath her soften as if as this part of the cave had recently be messed with or dug.
A soft slow cry came from somewhere to left, She turned bumping her head on the side of the cave. Grabbing her head and  covering her mouth from an escaping gasp,she dropped her torch and  without knowing it she dropped her  GPS.   She reached down to pick up the torch no seeing the GPS, she turned illumination down a bit. Standing still to be sure no one had followed her in, or that any one from ahead had heard her she crouched down some and saw the an opening where the light was coming from.
She must be close the end, as she could see a gra$$y slope not too far from where she was at, but where was the exit?
She could hear the noise again, this time there were voices.. she turn more slowly this time with the torch shinning out in front of her.. There was a slice of dim light coming from her left again. Had she turned a full circle, was she heading out this time, or just another small opening, to small to get out.
She stepped ahead, a few feet beyond the turn, the voice grew more distant, wait what was that.  Before she could move arms reached out and grabbed her. She struggled as something dark was pulled down over her face.  There were at least 3 of them, she could tell by the different pitches. Wait was one a woman? Arms coming her from all angles. Then it went all dark.
When she was conscientious again, she found her hand and ankles bound. But she could seen through the fabric that was over her face. She had been moved into a small room. Only the woman was here, sitting at a lone desk, seemed to be looking through,, her phone, oh know if she looks to far she find out that I've been sent here. No, that must'n happen.
Trying to turn to see more, Lishjo groaned with pain from her head. Her foot hit something, the woman turned around. "So this must be yours." The woman said holding out the phone and GPS locator.  "I recognized it when I picked it up from the floor of the cave. How did you find the pa$$age?" She walked closer and took off the fabric, she was almost familiar.  Lishjo scooted back a bit. " No worries gal, No one's here right now to hurt ya" "I told those fools the trail wouldn't be cleared away by just the rainfall"
Coming closer she introduced herself, an agent from Scotland yard. Showed Lishjo her credentials she had hidden within a small pocket inside her Scottish bonnet.  "We've met before, such a long time now tho as it were"  "We've had our eyes out for the thieves for a while now. Just put the calf out there fresh. They couldn't even wait for a clearer time to snatch her".. "But what did I care, easier for me to get her back where she belongs, eh?" 
Lishjo was still reeling a bit from the bump on head she received. She rubbed it now as Lyla explained.." Sorry 'bout your head La$$y,  the buggards are not to bright. Never hit a la$$y I said, but he did it anyways. I've been 'undercover' as you American say it, with these fellows . Just biding my time, a few of the other expensive stock from Her Majesty's has been lifted lately too." "Oh, it'll all be cleared up later. We've got to get you up and out of here"
Lyla helped her up and brushing her off told the rest of the details as they took the calf and walked up a pathway and around a bend where they could see the opening of the cave a bit off the way. Letting her know that the "fellows" wouldn't be back from town for a couple hours, how she recognized the GPS and sent the message. 
She helped Lishjo outside and led her to the calf. "Here now, you got to take her, get up to that path and back through the cave. Do you thing you can manage?" "I've got to get the stock over there back to the right farms, and I only have the horse and cart." 
Still a bit stunned but back on her feet,Lishjo took her belongings and said a slow thanks and goodbye. Took hold of the rope from the calf and started through the cave.. Half way through, she could hear noises, no, voices. It was the Agents they've come. She recognized Echo's and Cat's voices right off. Coming closer to the entrance once again, Lishjo was surprised to see the 3 of her friends, along with a bonnie of a man.
As they were all settled back in the sedan and the calf in settled back at the Queen's resident, they began to talk all at once. Each with their own side of the story to tell,
Now back to the bureau to write it all up in the reports.
...End.....
(I hope you enjoyed this)

#11 2016-12-07 19:13:42

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Wow! That was exciting!!! Good to hear more of Ema's stories!!!

Board footer