You are not logged in.

Announcement

#51 2012-12-08 20:59:13

kieramsmileys
Members

Re: The Mortal Instruments RP Fanfics

Hurcan Aura Backstory - Arriving on the doorstep.

It was a dark night on the streets of London. Rain made the pavement slick and black, and pigeons circled overhead, the sky making them look more like crows than anything else. Layla ran, her hair streaming out behind her like a shimmering golden banner. She was exhausted and she knew she wouldn’t last much longer. The bundle of blankets clutched to her chest shifted slightly and tears sprang to her eyes. She blinked quick and hard, forcing them away.

It felt like everything was against her. Her heavy skirts pulled her down and tried to trip her over. The crow-like pigeons dipped down and tried to snatch the bundle from her chest. The slippery pavement tried to make her fall. She turned a corner and there she saw a house, light shining from it like a golden halo against the gloomy darkness. It looked safe. Happy. The kind of life Layla wanted for her son.

She quickly made her way to the doorstep, using the air to conceal her footsteps, and put the little bundle of blankets on the ground. She stroked golden hair away from the little boy’s eyes. “You need a name.” she whispered, tears streaming down her cheeks and dampening his blankets. “Hurricane? No… Hurcan. Hurcan Aura.” She scrawled his name on a piece of paper and put it inside the layers of blankets before kissing his forehead. “Goodbye Hurcan.” She felt a shift in the air and knew someone was approaching. She rang the doorbell and then fled.

When she was a safe enough distance away she looked back. He was still there, lying in a bundle of blankets, surrounded by a ring of light from the window of the house. Her beautiful baby son glowed like an angel.

She heard the man walking towards her and turned to face him. "Hello, Darius Drakon. Come to kill me, have you?" she said in a cold voice. He smiled. "Don't think of it personally. I'm doing this for the safety of my family." She turned back to face the glowing house. When the dagger went through her heart she didn’t feel it. All she knew was that her son, the last remaining Aura warlock, was safe.

Last edited by kieramsmileys (2012-12-08 21:00:00)

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k551/goddess1234/Untitled-1.png

#52 2012-12-08 21:04:28

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

sad...but really well written, Kiera. Bravo.

#53 2012-12-08 21:09:17

kieramsmileys
Members

Thanks Dark! You saw some of this when Vincent went through his memories :)

#54 2012-12-08 21:25:23

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

@Kiera: I know! But this was more detailed!!! I love Layla now, btw.

This is something I had written, but never finished about Sylvain and Serena. Enjoy!

“On behalf of all the dead souls…On behalf of all the tortured … On behalf of all those that pay the price of your sins … And on behalf of our beloved the ever merciful Lord Rhythlor,” A middle aged man with his greying hair in a ponytail nodded.

The soldier went on, “we shall execute you, demon servants, and remove the curse off of our town. May your souls never rest in peace.”

Right as he said that, I hugged her close to me and hid her face in my chest. A gasp escaped some of the people in the crowd. Some saw their beloved ones dying in front of their eyes. Others just saw an execution of twelve men and women…right here…in the town square.

Lord Rythlor stepped forward and addressed the crowd, “May this be a lesson to all of you. Mixing with the dark ones will bring nothing to you but pain and death. We shall not forgive anyone who’ll perform those disgraceful actions that brought upon us this dreadful plague.” With that, he turned around with his long black riding cloak fluttering behind him as he got into his carriage.

“Is it over?” Serena asked slowly not daring to look too soon.

I sighed and said, “It’s over…” Everyone started to move away and head home… We were all shaken. But Serena, I and those that are like us, downworlders…We were the ones taking it hard. The plague was being blamed on us. As if they, the mundanes themselves, didn’t bring it upon themselves.

I led her away from the stage where the dead bodies were being removed.

She whispered to me, “What are we going to do now?” Her beautiful purple like eyes were filled with worry.

I remained silent and then said, “We’ll talk about this when we get home.”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Later on that night, as I played some notes on the piano, she came and sat next to me. I was lost in my own piano world when she started singing as she’d always do to bring me back to earth.

Are you the one?
The traveller in time who has come
To heal my wounds …to lead me to the sun
To walk this path with me until the end of time
Are you the one?
Who'd share this life with me
Who'd dive into the sea with me
Are you the one?
Who's had enough of pain
And doesn't wish to feel the shame, anymore
Are you the one?

I sighed as I looked at her saying slowly, “I know you like it here and all, Serena…But we need to leave the town…They’ll notice we’re not mundane soon. I don’t want anything to happen to you. I’d rather die.” I caressed her cheek with my thumb as her eyes searched mine.

“Sylvain…I know,” She whispered kissing me softly, “I…I just…Everyone was here. My whole family. They’re going to take that away from me.”

My heart ached at how hurt she looked. She never wanted to leave the town where she was changed…where her parents met…where they died as well. Her whole history was attached to the town.

“We’ll start a new story…In a new town…Where everything would be beautiful. No one will hurt us. Who knows? Maybe we’ll find a place where downworlders could live publicly…With no fear.”

She teared up and I wiped the tears away, “What if there’s no place like that? What if we don’t find one?”

I smiled to her, “I’ll make one…Just for you.”

She chuckled, “You’re such a charmer, you know that?”

I smiled and touched her nose with mine, “Only when I’m with you….We’ll pack then?”

She sighed and replied, “Yes…As long as I have you with me Sylvain. I’m fine.”

…………………………………………………………………………………………..................................

On the next night, we had all of our belongings ready. I needed to buy some potions for the trip from a warlock that lived in town. Her name was Phyna.  She had long black hair and onyx eyes. She was generally a nice girl that could be a bit flirty at times, but other than very useful with potions.

“Might I ask why do you need all those stuff?” She asked smiling as she put some things in a bag.

“I’m leaving this rotten place,” I said smoothly.

I heard something crash. She’s dropped the bottle of one of her potions. She turned around slowly and asked in a whisper, “You’re leaving Sylvain?”

I nodded and said, “You should do, Phyna.”

She shook her head, “I…I…You’re leaving?” I was confused with the way she acted, “You’re leaving without hearing the truth from me?”

“What truth?” I asked confusedly.

She came closer to me and hugged me, “I never mustered up the courage to tell you… the truth about my feelings…I’ve locked them up inside me for years….For years.”

I was in shock, “Phyna, what’s wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong?! I love you, Sylvain. I’ve always done…And always will.” She surprised me with a kiss. And for some reason, my idiotic self didn’t push her away.

Only a soft gasp woke me up. I looked to see Serena with her hands on her mouth and staring at us. I quickly said, “Serena. It’s not what it looks like.” She ran away.

“Let her go…You don’t need her. You have me,” Phyna said trying to kiss me again.

I got angry and pushed her away too forcefully that she fell to the ground, “My heard belong to her…And her only.”

I ran out of the shop and after Serena.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I went into the house to see her still packing some last things, “Serena…I love you. I really do. She means nothing to me. She forced herself on me.”

“It hurt, Sylvain…Really hurt,” She whispered softly. She quickly held back some tears and said, “Let’s go…No time for this…We’ll talk about this later.”

I nodded slowly and helped her into the carriage, then started to drive away.

Opening a portal in the middle of the town would have been very dangerous. So, as much as I hated it, I had to take her out the old fashioned way.

We drove for a while in silence until I heard the sound of hounds…And feet…Lots of them. I turned around to see lots of flames creeping up on us. I urged the horse faster, but we quickly reached a dead end. The bridge was no longer there. I quickly stood up and tried to open up a portal, but some smoke rose around us and I lost conscious.

I woke up later to see myself and Serena tied to a wall. Lord Rhythlor smiled to us, “Don’t worry…We’ll make this quick…Although you don’t deserve it downworlders.”

I saw Phyna standing next to him with a smirk on her face. That’s what you get for refusing me.

Before I could say anything, I heard Serena’s scream. She was staked…in her heart.

I felt my blood burning and with a power I’ve never felt before I attacked them all. I used the very same stake Serena was attacked with to stake Phyna. I quickly ignored their dead bodies and hurried to Serena who seemed in pain…She was struggling so hard to say something, “I love you Sylvain…I really love you. I know you didn’t cheat on me.”

I quickly said, “I love you, too. Don’t worry. You’ll be okay and we’re going to find our perfect place.”

She shook her head slowly and said, “You’re going to find it for me…I’ll always love you, sweet heart. Kiss me.”

I held back tears and leaned on her kissing her. As we kissed, I felt her disappears from underneath…When I opened my eyes, there was nothing but dust…And even that the wind blew away.

“Serena,” I whispered slowly, then with all the strength I could muster, I said, “This will NOT happen again.”

Last edited by darkelfqueen (2012-12-11 01:45:06)

#55 2012-12-08 21:31:37

kieramsmileys
Members

That's soooo sad :( Poor Sylvain. At least now we know why he started the Purists.

#56 2012-12-08 21:43:07

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

I was originally intending for this to be longer and showing how Sylvain and Gero ended up under the same master, their training as well as how they became enemies, but I thought I should leave the rest for later.

#57 2012-12-08 21:44:47

angelfire
Members
Website

Poor Sylvain. pleur  That still doesn't give an excuse for him to hate humans.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#58 2012-12-08 22:10:23

ilovem12
Members
Website

Aww poor Syl /; I can see why he'd hate humans so much now. Poor guy
pleur

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ml-IWPGl0sM/Uf_XT01vzbI/AAAAAAAAAt0/jMEyFVGzBzc/w400-h200-no/wallpaper30-1024x768.jpg
"I'm pure at heart, it repels the dirt" - Mortal Instruments
My photography:http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic … 33&p=1

#59 2012-12-08 22:16:13

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

@Angel: It doesn't, but I think Sylvain has always had something against humans anyway. He's from an old warlock family after all, so they might have had something to do with that.
@ilovem: ikr? I feel bad for him, too...And I'm the one who did this to him.

Last edited by darkelfqueen (2012-12-08 22:23:20)

#60 2012-12-09 01:20:03

bloodyemos
Members
Website

@Kiera Really sad but good
@Darky Eva: Matties gotta be the bad guy, huh? Lolz, it was sweet. The ending was funny. Sylvain: Still makes me like him...probably more but that was sad. Very sad.
@Malu/Amary Elric and his trust issues but I understand them

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#61 2012-12-09 11:06:57

malu
Members

Poor Hurcan! I like the way she came up with the name.. and she accidentally dropped him off at the hospital of Le Mental? Ouch.
Awe!~ Poor Sylvain! Hope he finds love aand cheating? It sounds a bit familiar to what had happened to Matt and Val. Still, it's cute. The story reminds me of the the king who built the Taj Mahal for his wife. <3

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#62 2012-12-09 11:18:41

kieramsmileys
Members

Nope, she dropped him off at a house of mundanes who couldn't deal with him speaking to animals so they put him in the mental hospital :)

#63 2012-12-09 11:33:17

malu
Members

Ahh.. That explains a lot.

#64 2012-12-09 16:01:57

ilovem12
Members
Website

Rose's story:
I was sixteen when that day happend. It was early in the morning and I'd just gotten out of bed, my long blonde hair messy, and Jack was still sleeping. He always was out late at night, and didn't wake up till noon. We had a apartment together, we kind of had to, since last week my father kicked me out of the house. For putting me in my mother's place for abuse. I'd never forget that night. My mom was expecting, we where all so thrilled and excited, me and my best friend Nightingale, had outfits picked out and everything. We where only ten at the time. My mom though, she started to cry, and my dad was a drunk. He hit her over, over and over again, until she passed out. He rushed her to the emergency room, to find out she had lost the baby. My mom was never the same again.
I pushed the memory out of my head and got dressed into a cute sundress. I always had a soft spot for pink girly things. When me and Night went out shopping, I was the one picking out outfits for her. Jack was over protective, and had told me never to visit Luke. I did though. That afternoon, in my sundress I went to a coffee shop, me and Luke talked about how life was going, until he told me everything. He loved me. I ran out the door and back home. Jack was awake, sitting on the bed when I got inside. He told me that he knew where I had been, and we'd discuss it later.
It was midnight, and I was all alone. Hearing noise in the hallway I opened the door, and there he was, Jack in his wolf form, covered in blood. With one strike with his paw across my shoulder I blacked out. Next full moon I changed into a wolf. I cut my hair short, lived by-myself, and never wore anything girly again. I kept the dress though.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ml-IWPGl0sM/Uf_XT01vzbI/AAAAAAAAAt0/jMEyFVGzBzc/w400-h200-no/wallpaper30-1024x768.jpg
"I'm pure at heart, it repels the dirt" - Mortal Instruments
My photography:http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic … 33&p=1

#65 2012-12-09 16:05:29

malu
Members

Awe!~ Poor Rose! I love it!

#66 2012-12-09 17:16:53

kieramsmileys
Members

Poor Rose :(

#67 2012-12-09 17:25:24

angelfire
Members
Website

*Sniff* I feel bad for rose.

Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#68 2012-12-09 17:58:58

kieramsmileys
Members

Here's a chapter of the story Hurcan is originally from. Credits to my bestie for writing this.

Charlie glared at Hurcan, who looked guilty and slightly embarrassed. He seemed to cower beneath Charlie’s wrath. “Ooops!” he managed to say, “I shouldn’t have told you that.”
“It’s fine,” Zenith said, “Don’t worry about it."
“Maybe we should show you to your room now,” Charlie suggested, and started towards the grand golden staircase that spiralled up from the middle of the room, and led high up into the building. Golden sculptures of gargoyles were perched high upon the banisters, which gleamed like 24 carat gold. Some of the gargoyles’ mouths were hanging open, revealing their needle sharp fangs inside. They seemed to frown down upon the students climbing the stairs, almost telling them off for daring to set foot on the staircases’ golden steps.

Zenith and Hurcan hurried after Charlie, struggling to keep up with his long strides. They found themselves gasping, groaning and grumbling when they reached at least the fifth flight of stairs.
“Oh, good God!” moaned Hurcan, clutching at his stomach with both his hands, and rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet.
“Don’t use God’s name in vain!” called Charlie, from at least two flights above them.
“There is yet another disadvantage of having an angel as your best friend,” Hurcan said, sitting himself down on a step, a smile visible in his eyes. “he has extremely good hearing, so is a real spoil sport in Chinese whispers, and is so fit, that he can win virtually every single sports game, even though he has no skill whatsoever.” Then Hurcan smiled, “Though, despite all those things, I still really like him.
Zenith found herself smiling as well, as she sat down next to him. “Yes, I can tell,” she said, “Are you brothers?”
Hurcan laughed, “Oh, no! We’re not related at all – I don’t think that we even look related - though we understand each other perfectly. We’re battle partners, actually.
“What did you mean when you said I was a light faculty leader?” Zenith inquired, curious.
“There are six faculties,” Hurcan explained, “Earth, Air, Water, Fire, Dark and Light. Depending on which type of mythical being you are, you end up in a certain faculty.
“But why am I a leader?” Zenith asked.
“Because you have the second most angel blood in the Light Faculty, after Charlie. He’s full angel.” Hurcan answered.
“Oh!” exclaimed Zenith, “That explains the wings!”
“Uh-huh.”
“HURRY UP, YOU GUYS!” bellowed Charlie from above, “ARE YOU EVEN WALKING ANYMORE?”
Hurcan released a sigh of exasperation, and pulled himself up, helping Zenith to her feet as he did so. “Come on,” he said, “Let’s confront the mighty staircase together,” and lifted Zenith on his back, so that he was carrying her the rest of the way up.
For the first time since she had found out she was part angel, Zenith felt contented.

Finally, after seemingly forever climbing the stairs, Hurcan and Zenith reached the 10th, flight, where Zenith’s room was. Hurcan had put Zenith down, claiming that her being part angel meant that she was “too heavy to carry”, and had set her on her feet only five steps after he had hoisted her up onto his back.

They came to a halt in front of a wooden door, with a brass number 13 nailed on the front. The grain of the wood spiralled upwards, twisting and turning around the door handle and knocker. The door itself was massive, and seemed to look down on Zenith, almost challenging her to enter.

Charlie was leaning against the door, his arms and legs crossed, bearing a sly smile. He lifted himself from the door as the pair approached, and crossed the hallway to where Zenith stood, anxious and nervous to meet her roommates. Hurcan was trying to peek around cracks in neighbouring doors, delighted to be in the girl’s corridor.

“Don’t worry,” whispered Charlie in her ear, making her shiver, “The doors here are enchanted, and are made to make you feel intimidated by them. It’s part of the initiation test beginners go through when they first join the school.”

Zenith let out a breath she didn’t realise she was holding, relieved that magic was having this affect on her, and not her inner coward. She nodded, as Charlie righted himself, gently took her hand, and led her to the door. Hurcan, meanwhile, was tiptoeing down the corridor, towards a door covered with pink and purple ribbons. Zenith smiled as she saw him doing this. He looks like a secret agent, she thought, on a mission to get girls!  She immediately cursed herself for letting her imagination get the better of her. Again.

Charlie, seeing where Zenith was looking strode down the corridor, grabbed Hurcan by the collar, and dragged him back to the door. Hurcan pulled himself away from Charlie’s tight grip, and straightened his collar, claiming he had to look his best for meeting Emerald and Breeze. Zenith assumed that these must be the names of her roommates.

Slowly, Charlie lifted the brass knocker, and knocked with it once, twice, three times. The wait for someone to open the door seemed like years to Zenith, full of suspense and excitement. Charlie put a reassuring arm around Zenith, calming her with his presence.

Finally, a tall girl with a willowy figure pulled the door open. She had hair that reached past her hips, and wore large silver hooped earrings that brushed her shoulders whenever she tossed her hair back from her face. Two yellow pins held her hair back from her lime-green eyes that were framed with glasses, delicately shaped like twined tree trunks. She wore a white dress that was dotted with minute green beads, forming a green heart in the centre of her chest. The dress hugged her thin frame, and reached just above her knees. Dark green sneakers were pulled on her feet, and were covered with swirling light green patterns. The girl wore striped green leg warmers, and a welcoming smile that immediately made Zenith warm to her.

“You must be Zenith,” she said, her green eyes seeming to glitter behind her glasses. “I’m Emerald. I’ll be one of your roommates. Breeze will be here in a couple of hours.” At the mention of Breeze’s name, Hurcan’s eyes seemed to light up. “Come on in, and put your things away; you must be exhausted.” Emerald pulled the door open wider, and beckoned for Zenith to come in.

Charlie’s hand dropped from Zenith’s shoulders “We’ll see you later, at supper, in the dining hall.” His silver eyes seemed to say to her Good Luck! . This small wordless exchange seemed to give her some confidence. Then, he was gone within the second, pulling Hurcan after him down the stairs. Hurcan gave her a small wave before disappearing down the stairs with Charlie. The last thing that Zenith heard from them was a despairing moan from Hurcan: “Oh, not these blasted stairs again!”

Last edited by kieramsmileys (2012-12-09 18:10:53)

#69 2012-12-09 18:10:16

malu
Members

LOL! And nice! I like it!

#70 2012-12-09 18:11:45

kieramsmileys
Members

I love Hurcan from this story :) It's the same one Shade and Blaze came from.

#71 2012-12-09 18:11:53

angelfire
Members
Website

lol! Hurcan reminds me of myself when I see stairs lol

#72 2012-12-09 18:12:46

kieramsmileys
Members

Lolz, me too! Btw, I'm emailing all these comments to my best friend to prove how good her work is.

#73 2012-12-09 18:13:51

malu
Members

Whoa. That is cool.

#74 2012-12-09 18:14:46

angelfire
Members
Website

Well it really is good! I love it!

#75 2012-12-09 23:10:00

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

LOL. Nice, Kiera! Really good. Loved it!

Board footer