sierradane
Members

[Reported] change my look skin wont change

I tried to change my skin color back to the tan look and got the message below:

_CE_CHOIX_DE_CHEVEUX_EST_INVALIDE

I wasn't charged, thankfully,

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2018-01-17 18:51:36

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Re: [Reported] change my look skin wont change

Yeah. Same thing has happened to me. Reporting this.

#3 2018-01-19 23:09:00

pepperjenz
Members

sierradane wrote:

I tried to change my skin color back to the tan look and got the message below:

_CE_CHOIX_DE_CHEVEUX_EST_INVALIDE

I wasn't charged, thankfully,

I can't find the "un hair" piece in the make over hair selection... Where has it gone to?

#4 2018-01-20 01:22:17

goldenlightt
Members

I was able to change my skin color yesterday, but I can't seem to find the wig cap either.

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

#5 2018-01-20 17:09:18

moonglow
Members

I found it under the stores tab, basics, wigs, then brown, page 2 and it's $2 still---which is silly!! How would it cover a permanent wig?! Maybe they'll fix it soon

#6 2018-01-20 19:49:39

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

This has been reported and unfortunately Feerik does not have time to fix it at the moment.

#7 2018-01-22 01:00:01

sierradane
Members

I had changed my skin tone before Christmas and it worked.... I should have just kept the tan.... grrr....

The lips won't change either.  Is it ALL of the CHANGE MY LOOK that is now bugged? And, not that I want to make a new doll... but I'm wondering how that (bugged feature) is going to affect making a new doll.

IF they aren't going to fix it and considering they added the hairstyles from CHANGE MY LOOK as wigs, they ought to add the skin colors as well but certain DO NOT charge a lot of db's for it. I wouldn't mind having a tan on the beach and no tan elsewhere.

You can change your skin tone in the FLIRT section.  So that's still working. And I was able to change the hairstyle in CHANGE my look.

Last edited by sierradane (2018-01-22 01:28:13)

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#8 2018-01-27 21:57:21

jenzg11
Members

fairykisses wrote:

This has been reported and unfortunately Feerik does not have time to fix it at the moment.

Here's an idea... Why don't the have a "blank" or "bald" choice.. that would solve it. Since most of us use the wigs, if our doll was totally without any hair line, like the models. ??

#9 2018-01-29 01:01:49

darkjewels
Members

jenzg11 wrote:

fairykisses wrote:

Here's an idea... Why don't the have a "blank" or "bald" choice.. that would solve it. Since most of us use the wigs, if our doll was totally without any hair line, like the models. ??

i just commented this on another post before reading this. even the wig cap looks too large when combined with certain hair styles.

back to the topic: i wonder why this feature is bugging so often.

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#10 2018-02-03 20:24:22

misstigerlily
Members

I and some players on german server have the same problem and the same error message, when we try to change the look of the doll.
And I tried on french server - same problem (and there is a thread, where the moderators ask for patience ...)

And I am a little bit worried, because neither the players, nor the moderators and also the support seems not to be interested in this issue.
(I wrote a ticket a week before and no reaction except the standard email answer)

Last edited by misstigerlily (2018-02-03 20:28:47)

#11 2018-04-22 14:37:24

karusia84
Members

I send a bug ticket report...
I wonder when they add the "wig cap" back to makeover section. It sucks that it was removed and we cant change the permament hair to "bald" since we all use the wigs anyway.
aomd_blase nrv aomd_nrv

#12 2018-04-24 08:40:35

misstigerlily
Members

@whiteroseprincess, as you can read in the comments above there is no help in near future, I am sorry for you and me and all other players :-(

Last edited by misstigerlily (2018-04-24 08:40:53)

#13 2018-04-30 20:07:48

karusia84
Members

Dear Mods!

Any news regarding fixing the skin/lips/hair (mostly the wig cap !!!) in makeover section?
Does Feerik give at least estimated time when it might get fixed? "near future" is quite ... indefinite time...

It would be much easier for both sides (Feerik and the players) if the case was fixed fast so we could close the topic once and for all.

#14 2018-04-30 23:05:28

fairykisses

No, the GM dose not even respond to us any more so we are in the dark about everything just like you all. The last thing I was told was that it wasn't a priority for them to fix it. That was when they were creating their new game. I will try to send the GM another message but I doubt I will get a response.

#15 2018-05-01 15:14:52

karusia84
Members

Thanks fairykisses :)
Hopefully they are not going to close OMD like it happened before...  intr

#16 2018-05-01 20:27:06

micutalorri
Members

Personally it feels like they don't even care about us or the games,it feels like they care more about making money and nothing more.Such things like "things with higher priority"sounds more like an excuse.
What could be more important than the games for a gaming company ?
There were some bugs from the past that were never fixed.

Sorry,this is just my opinion. honte

#17 2018-05-03 00:40:42

darkjewels
Members

micutalorri wrote:

Personally it feels like they don't even care about us or the games,it feels like they care more about making money and nothing more.Such things like "things with higher priority"sounds more like an excuse.

i agree. neglecting your playerbase is bad for business. it may cause rumors to spread that may cause your every future project to fail because people no longer trust you to keep projects alive...

considering that OMD is first and foremost a doll dress-up game, the inability to change your appearence (specialy to wear a hair that looks good with any wig) is actualy a major bug. in another type of game we could call this a minor bug, but not in a game like OMD.

but something that i never understood about the wig cap is (okay, i'll try to stop bringing this up):
why can't our dollz be truly bald (blank/fully transparent hair)?
this would result in no need for a wig cap, and likely prevent a "missing hair" bug from happening. (or is the attepmt to implement this feature the actual cause of the bug?)

now that i'm thinking about it... are there other missing hairs or is it only the wig cap? and >IF< it is only the wig cap, then why are there no other missing hairs?

---

#18 2018-05-07 19:49:43

sierradane
Members

darkjewels wrote:

micutalorri wrote:

i agree. neglecting your playerbase is bad for business. it may cause rumors to spread that may cause your every future project to fail because people no longer trust you to keep projects alive...

considering that OMD is first and foremost a doll dress-up game, the inability to change your appearence (specialy to wear a hair that looks good with any wig) is actualy a major bug. in another type of game we could call this a minor bug, but not in a game like OMD.

but something that i never understood about the wig cap is (okay, i'll try to stop bringing this up):
why can't our dollz be truly bald (blank/fully transparent hair)?
this would result in no need for a wig cap, and likely prevent a "missing hair" bug from happening. (or is the attepmt to implement this feature the actual cause of the bug?)

now that i'm thinking about it... are there other missing hairs or is it only the wig cap? and >IF< it is only the wig cap, then why are there no other missing hairs?

One item that is for sale in one of the shops is a piece to place over your skull cap color to make you look totally bald, coming in all skin colors.  Of course, that is something useless without the ability to have that skull cap. 

And I agree, I wish that they'd have a totally bald head to begin with.  And like everyone, I'd say, I agree that this is a MAJOR bug.  Maybe we'll get lucky and they will fix it.

#19 2018-05-07 20:14:08

darkjewels
Members

sierradane wrote:

One item that is for sale in one of the shops is a piece to place over your skull cap color to make you look totally bald, coming in all skin colors.  Of course, that is something useless without the ability to have that skull cap. 

And I agree, I wish that they'd have a totally bald head to begin with.  And like everyone, I'd say, I agree that this is a MAJOR bug.  Maybe we'll get lucky and they will fix it.

I wasn't aware of this item. Thanks for letting me know. I'll check that out.

Hopefuly everything will be fixed at some point and we'll be able to wear the wig cap again and everything else will be back to normal.

edit: to those wondering, the item is in the Piloudu3 store, under Body>>>Dollz Modifiers.

Last edited by darkjewels (2018-05-07 20:55:48)

---

#20 2018-05-11 09:31:52

monbohn
Members

If they aren't going to fix the issue then why are they still selling wigs that are basically useless when you can't properly hide the hair underneath? And, basically, every wig already owned is now a waste of the money spent on buying that wig. Wigs are probably my biggest weakness....I don't want my doll to be stuck with the same wig in every room and I don't want to be limited to wigs that will fit over other hair and still look ok. And you're basically stuck with using only the same color wigs in every room so they blend with the hair underneath. I don't see how they can consider this an unimportant issue. It's very frustrating and affects my enthusiasm for the game a lot....I don't mind waiting if they could bother to tell us that there will be a fix, even if it won't be for a while. But just plain not knowing if there will ever be a fix at all really puts a damper on the game for me. pleur

When it rains, look for rainbows.
When it's dark, look for stars.

#21 2018-05-16 19:29:58

misstigerlily
Members

I have really good news for you guys!!!

THE WIG IS BACK!

good

And as bonus: The skinchange is available again!

edit:
Here a little hint for finding the wig immediately.

https://imageshack.com/a/img923/4089/WNakjc.jpg

Last edited by misstigerlily (2018-05-16 19:39:34)

#22 2018-05-16 19:37:37

fairykisses

That's good to know, I just checked it yesterday but wasn't there. aomd_bravo

#23 2018-05-19 03:39:03

darkjewels
Members

applau good to know it's been fixed. let's hope it stays fixed this time.
anyway, good thing we can properly customize our dollz again! gai

---

#24 2018-05-19 18:55:35

karusia84
Members

aomd_bravo aomd_bave
FINALLY !!!

#25 2018-05-20 19:27:03

goldenlightt
Members

Words cannot describe how happy I am right now fete

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

• Index
  •  » Old Bugs
  •  » [Reported] change my look skin wont change

Board footer