You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2019-07-30 10:08:53

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

Roll Call

***for formating***

https://66.media.tumblr.com/261df80a4d075757884518e6a3bb3a18/tumblr_pvheb7Aatx1rwk2bto1_540.png

Welcome to the first ever Board Event - Roll Call

It's time to take a roll call and see who's here on the US OhMyDollz Forum. Are you? aomd_smile

For this special Board Event, instead of replying with "here" or "present" (as you would in a normal roll call), reply by sharing a favourite memory you have of your time on this server playing OhMyDollz!   

This event ends August 31st.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

new
To celebrate this special event:

Each participant will receive 3 gift vouchers. (a 135 fee'z value.)

The top 5 entries (chosen by the moderators) will receive 30 game tokens (in addition to the 3 gift vouchers.) (a 99+ fee'z value.) 

The top 5 will then be assigned a number (1-5) and a random number generator will be used to pick one winner who will receive all of the previously mentioned prizes, as well as one item of their choice from the https://us.ohmydollz.com/design/btn_collector/bouton_objetcadeau_us.png store (a 50 fee'z value.)

So, get your typing fingers ready and let the happy memories flow!

(*Remember....one account/person. One entry/person.)

Last edited by willowskye (2019-08-05 21:59:55)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#2 2019-07-30 10:09:36

willowskye

Re: Roll Call

I'll get things started.....

I have a lot of happy memories during the years I've played this game. If I have to pick just one though, it would have to be the memories I made with my mother while playing OhMyDollz.

If I ever ended up staying overnight when I was visiting her, there would always come a point where I'd have to say, "Oh. It's time to work my dollies." She finally got curious and would come check out a few of my dolls as I worked them. One day she decided to make her own doll (or two...or three. Lol) ;)

For the next few years, we'd have times where we would play the game together. Sometimes it would be in person, other times it would be over the phone.

I always thought the phone visits would have been quite funny to listen to (the word "Refresh!" was said, many, many times during them.)

Me: Okay, I added a black belt to her outfit. Refresh and tell me what you think.

Mom: Okay, I've refreshed. Oh! I like it...but, now the shoes don't match.

Me: Yeah...okay. I think I have a different pair of shoes that might work. One second while I go get them. ...............Okay. I've put the shoes on her and saved. Refresh!

Mom: Those are the ones!! Okay, now come check my loft. I think that left corner needs something else.

Me: Okay, wait....the page is loading. And loading. My computer is so slow!! Okay, I'm there. Let's see.....oh, yeah. Maybe a plant?

Mom: Well, I have this one plant....one sec while I go get it.....wait......okay. I saved. Refresh!

Me: Refreshing! Oh....yeah, but it's too big. Something different?

Mom: I have another one. Wait........okay. Saved. Refresh!

Me: Refreshing. It's okay. I saw a plant in one of the stores that might work better. Let me go find it....

Mom: Okay, let me know when you find it and I'll go see it. I'm going to grab a drink. Be right back.

etc, etc, etc. aomd_smile

And, that's how the phone call would go for the next hour or two. Lol Playing together in person was always fun too, but I don't think we said "refresh" anywhere near as often. ;)

I'm grateful that she and I were able to have these shared experiences on OhMyDollz. Definitely happy memories. :)

#3 2019-07-30 12:25:49

sani
Members

Hello love

When I first came across OMD I was 12 years old, now I'm 21!

I had many many memories in here, getting to know different people and different cultures and learning a lot from this community and most importantly making lifetime friends, from them listening to my little middle school girl issues to them hearing about my college stories.

I remember telling all my classmates about ohmydollz and inviting my friends over so we'd spend hours dressing our dollz and decorating our lofts and rooms! and getting excited when there's a new quest! I've always considered OMD a safe place where everyone can be themselves and be happy,sharing details about our daily lives together, standing together in good or bad times, supporting each other; we're like a family here.

My point is I've had amazing memories here but my favorite one is growing up together, growing up as one big family
aomd_bisous
All the love omd

Last edited by sani (2019-07-30 12:29:55)

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/arlequincreations/for%20you/ac-sagittarius.png
Made by Arlekinlain

#4 2019-08-02 14:59:22

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

I created Lady0filia when MDD was still around, because I noticed that the official French OMD game gave out gifts when you logged in enough times. I had hoped someday I would get the My Little Pony-inspired pink unicorn. I think it's a pink unicorn, you don't see them very often; only the oldest accounts seem to have it.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? ouf

Anyway, I never got it. Maybe it wasn't a log-in gift, I just assumed it was.

Moving on, one of the very first comments this doll ever got was something along the lines of: "Your doll looks weird, no offense." It had me scratching my head, because at the time she was wearing this:

https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/544.png

In other words, she was dressed a bit like a ballerina. I thought she looked cute. The player must not have been into ballet. Yeah, that's it.

But, my favorite memory, huh? It took me time to reply to this because I couldn't think of anything. I love to be able to dress my doll in clothes I could never buy or dare to buy for myself. I love to decorate my rooms in ways I never could or would in real life. I've mentioned this before in another thread, so I can't just say that. So I had to think deeper. Here is my answer: The forum! This is actually pretty strange for me to say, since I have been a very shy person most of my life. I still get nervous talking to avatars in MMORPG because I know there is a real person behind the character and for me it's the same as talking to someone face-to-face. Forums are different, though, because even if I was talking to someone who was on at that very moment, I couldn't see them move around like game avatars can. On forums I could be myself. Of course, I had a hard time in the beginning, most forums weren't fun at all as the people on them were either mean or rude. Sometimes I was rude for not knowing better.

The OMD forum is the only one that I have felt was a safe place to be active in. Sure, some of us argued a bit or got a little angry at, but all in all it was a nice place to visit and hear what others had to say about this or that. I really miss the days when the 'regulars' would share their opinions on what's new; even if I didn't like a certain opinion, I liked to hear what different people thought. It was fun. Even more fun when someone thought the same way I did

It was a sad moment when I realized that the 'regulars' simply stopped posting and I felt that I was all that was left. So if you are still out there, come back!

https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/119906.pngSpring is close at hand...

#5 2019-08-03 11:28:09

sierradane
Members

Once upon a time I married a guy with a ten year old daughter (2006).  She and I were and are total opposites.  I'm girly, she's a tomboy.  She has a 4 year old little girl who knows everything and a shy 2 year old boy.  She turned 24 on July 27th which was the day she got married. 

When she was about 12 I tried to find something for us to play online that we would both like; something other than evil type shoot-em up games that she liked. I did a search and found My Diva Doll and the Pony game.  She kinda liked the Pony game and she did like MDD. At the time I first made my doll on My Diva Doll, there was a supposed French version which I also made a doll. I was still "learning the ropes" of MDD and the button set-up on the French version seemed different: I couldn't figure out how to earn DBs or train daily.  I couldn't speak French and no one answered my questions there so I rarely logged my "French" doll in.

Like most games and even life, there were cliques. And seeing as how I didn't start playing this game from the beginning, I was not to be allowed into certain circles and I still am not.  I quickly learned how things worked, got hooked on doing the free feez... even applied for a credit card so I could get over 400 feez.  I was approved!  Yes, I fell into THAT trap and am still paying for it, but man I had the feez.

I discovered a group of ladies in this game that were as sweet as could be: Cookiesez, Joyceeileen, Jenzg11,  witch2004 and they welcomed me into their world.  They have been there during some of the happiest times in my life and the most devastating time of my life: the death of my mother last year on my birthday. That group has grown dramatically and I couldn't imagine my online and FB life without them and the others.  Sani, Sweettears90, Andybel, julieanne1976, faechild86, Lilysummers (who inspired me to be creative when decorating my loft) fairysnow, hope4ever2, ... if you are one of my daily voters, you are one of my friends.  (If I didn't mention your name and you are a DVer, please don't feel slighted it's 4:30am)

When My Diva Doll suddenly ended and we migrated to the new server, it turned out to be the original French server, and life went on.  I continued to collect more friends, garner more knowledge of the game and developed a desire to help everyone.  While some may find me irritating and frustrating... "just another ripple in their smooth pond," there are more who find me beneficial.  I may be a burr under a saddle, but I like to think I get things done. I am the one who will stand up for someone, I am the one who is not afraid to speak her mind.  And while I have had two great disappointments in my growth in this game, and apparently those dreams are now squashed, I'll continue on until one day that announcement is made that OH MY DOLLZ will be no more.

Last edited by sierradane (2019-08-03 11:47:11)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#6 2019-08-03 19:03:10

andybel
Members

I got hooked by your stories love  It is nice to read about the lives of everyone here.

Well, mine is a bit short.
Personally, I LOVE Saturdays, especially those Saturdays during Winter season, which is cold outside and the wind is blowing (like now for example) so furiously. Saturdays used to be my "devoted-to-myself-time" after a hectic week. I would grab some food and make some hot chocolate or pepare some "mate" (a very common Argentinean drink) and spend hours and hours looking at other dolls' lofts, answering back PM, arranging my doll's loft or rooms while listening to the radio or some music, sipping some mate/chocolate while the sun was shinning through my window and I was next to the heater.

Last edited by andybel (2019-08-04 00:04:39)

~**...Keep your eyes on the stars, they will show you something everytime...**~

#7 2019-08-03 23:26:11

jenzg11
Members

Hello everyone.
I joined in the fun way back with MMD... and transferred over here when all was gone. I too have met some very wonderful ladies.  They have helped me through some joyous and then some very rough times. I enjoy visiting all around to see so much creativeness.
You all have kept me going, you know who you are. I have especially the "adventures with EmaJenz". You have joined me in may trips. And even when I have slowed down here for a while, you have kept coming and giving me support, love and hug.
Keep up the love to all.

#8 2019-08-04 21:26:46

roseaddict
Members

It is so interesting to read everyone's memories about this game.
I'll share mine too:

There are two twin sisters behind this Doll, Roseaddict (we started to use this name at MyDivadoll).
11 years ago we were still at university, and played together with our room mates. It was so much fun to dress up our Dolls to prepare for the fashion shows.
Our room mate was so excited about the Advent calendar, so that she stayed up late night just to open it as early as possible, even woked us up to tell it's content:) (We never had an Advent calendar before in real life)

We also made some friends here. We are not is touch daily, but we are happy just to say hi to them once in a while and visit their Dolls.

During this 11 years we  had to move a lot, worked abroad etc. and still have no room/ home of our own. But OMD is a place where we are at home and we can decorate it aomd_fan

Thank you OMD and Everyone!

#9 2019-08-07 05:57:02

campanella
Members
Website

Fashionably late to the party. B)

I joined MDD back in the late 2000's after seeing an ad for it in PonyStars, can't remember the exact date, but it was my secret getaway from the world as my aliases Narutard97/Ilovejapan. I was deeply into my emo/weeb phase so my dolls were heavily anime inspired lol. I thought my dolls looked stunning and I was very proud of myself.

I registered on OMD because i heard that they were getting all the quests and items before the US was. And then a month later MDD shut down and I was sad. I made a lot of friends on here that I miss a lot and wish I could get in contact with them again.

Life goes on, a lot has happened since I registered up to now. I was an elementary school kid who despaired over everything a lot more than usual, now I'm fresh out of college and (I can't believe I'm saying this) getting married a few years from now. My life has changed, but MDD/OMD has always been a part of my life. Even my boyfriend knows that I come here every day even when I'm busy between hospital visits and doctor's appointments. If it goes or stays, my memories of the website are all happy ones.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d2b6d67b60782d1b9b4ae8e73c19351a/tumblr_nz4skthchB1sfm9rso1_500.png
IG: 【cremebrutale】

#10 2019-08-14 19:22:47

witch2004
Members

I work a lot , this game gives me a chance to check out. I have always enjoyed the holidays and the quests.
Witch 2004 Jeannie

witch2004

#11 2019-08-28 01:39:56

angelfire
Members
Website

Ahh, late as heck but thanks for the deadline extensions :3

My favorite memory of this game is on the forums. Back in the day when most of us role played here, there was a game created called "Speak in actions". I just remember it starting off ridiculous and getting better every post. It was a small post that didn't get as many "versions" but I always go back to the memory of that because of how much fun I had in that moment.

I loved being a part of this beautiful community where we took each other's weirdness and multiplied it. OMD has been such a great place for me to embrace everything about myself. I wouldn't have understood my own quirkiness, for lack of a better word, without these guys.

And while this isn't so much a memory as it is an experience, I just wanted to include this. The Raspberries vs. Strawberries game, by far the most popular game on the forum that stood the tests of time, is my absolute favorite experience. This is where a close family was adopted. The level of depth some of the conversations went through is absolutely amazing. The game was first posted back in 2012 and the most recent conversation ended in 2017. These posts contain so much rich history of the game, our lives, and our friendship. I love looking back and these wonderful memories. While most people would see this as time wasted and lost, I see it as a treasure and will never forget.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#12 2019-08-28 06:01:17

darkjewels
Members

i almost forgot about this. thanks for reminding us all.

it all started in the acclaim clones (when i was 13? i remember it was before i turned 15) 1st was pony stars, then age of lore and only after seeing so many news about MDD i decided to give it a try. and then i discovered OMD and pony vallee, but i was sad to see that age of magic(was it the name?) was only available in french, german and italian despide the title being in english (and didn't seem to allow me to register at all)... when i moved to OMD, it was kind of an alt account, and i was a bit disapointed that the MDD glitch that allowed furniture to stick to the doll (sort of) didn't work here.

as for my favorite moment, well... i'm bad at picking favorites in so many areas... i loved the randomness game in the games forum and whenever a suggestion we gave would become a feature (such as the much needed color sorting in the stores). i'm not a very sociable person though xP this forum is one of the last few virtual places where i feel like i may have something usefull to say... everywhere else i go, i often feel like i'm asking too stupid questions... usualy because i'm new to the place. or because i never bothered to post anything despide being there for all those years i've been there (my fault, i admit xP). anyway, this game has a wonderful comunity. i don't remember having an argument with anybody here, and i had plenty of arguments in online games in my teen years... maybe that's why i avoid forums now that i'm almost 25 (along with the burnout from college).

i miss the games forum (i was the last to post on the topics of most of the games i play). i am very happy to see the mods putting all that effort into bringing the forums back to life. this is increasing the frequency of my visits and making me return to the game itself :)
oh, there it is: my favorite moment was when the mods begun to revive the forums with those new events!
i hope this will result in people posting new things again in the future. maybe i'll even open a new topic after i post this... or maybe tomorrow. see my signature and you'll understand what i mean XP

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#13 2019-09-09 07:38:53

willowskye

Thank you to everyone who participated. good

The Top 5 for the event are:

sani
lady0filia
roseaddict
campanella
darkjewels

The winner is:

darkjewels

Congratulations, darkjewels!! aomd_bravo

Please contact me asap (by PM) to let me know what Collector item you would like, darkjewels. (The item number that I can pass on to the GM.)

Please give the GM some time to get everyone's prizes to you. I just sent her a message tonight. ;) If you haven't received your prize within 2 weeks, please send me a PM to let me know.

#14 2019-09-10 21:16:30

sani
Members

Congratulations darkjewels aomd_bravo
It was amazing reading all these stories from everyone!!! <3

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/arlequincreations/for%20you/ac-sagittarius.png
Made by Arlekinlain

#15 2019-09-11 05:34:35

darkjewels
Members

sani wrote:

thanks! applau
i never know what to say when i win XD

also, congratulations everybody for participating!
and specialy to sani, lady0filia, roseaddict and campanella for being in the top 5!

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#16 2019-09-11 12:01:59

sierradane
Members

Congratulations Darkjewels! 

Good memories everyone!  Congratulations to everyone

darkjewels wrote:

sani wrote:

thanks! applau
i never know what to say when i win XD

also, congratulations everybody for participating!
and specialy to sani, lady0filia, roseaddict and campanella for being in the top 5!

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#17 2019-10-07 02:08:50

willowskye

I have heard back from the GM. Prizes should be handed out soon. Apologies to everyone for the delay. Once I receive confirmation she has handed them out, I will update this again so you will know to check your account. :)

Board footer