You are not logged in.

Announcement

Melde dich mit den selben Logindaten wie im Spiel an :) Du brauchst dich nicht noch einmal neu zu registrieren.

#1 2011-05-05 20:28:15

ruealice
Members

Rue's Tomboy Fashion Show Review (incomplete)

**THIS REVIEW IS COMPLETE, I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND ANY NEW DOLLS NOW**

Use ctrl+f to find your doll!

Theme: Tomboy

My definition of tomboy:

A tomboy is a girl who doesn’t want to be a girl. She doesn’t care about dressing up or about her looks. She is bold and wants to speak her mind. The clothes she wears reflects this mindset of hers. She doesn’t spend too long wondering what to wear and dresses for comfort. That is what I looked for in this review.

Overall review:

This week’s theme was a very easy one to follow. As usual, the majority of the entries were unsatisfactory. Thankfully, the voters seem to be sensible this week and are voting only for the well themed dolls, as we can see from the top 15. The on theme dolls were well dressed.

There was a small mix-up with the hipster theme this week. It only affected the dolls who entered at the very beginning, I’m guessing (including me).

Don't take any of this to heart, this is just my opinion on your dress. My ranking system is harder than Gothgirluni's, but the comments are not as harsh or funny. ouf

Best in show:

Booklover10 – Wonderful rendition of this week’s theme. I love your choice of hair! My favourite so far.
Affaf – Well matched with the theme. You actually look like a boy :D Justin Beiber anyone?
Pufke – yes, I know her hair is long, but that doesn’t stop her from looking like a dedicated tomboy :) Good job!
Sierradane – Despite the long hair, she looks like a bonafide tomboy. Nice touch with the basketball.
Hannahwonder – Not only is this a very boyish look, it’s also a boy vampire! Hoorah!
Aariael – Definitely tomboyish, though a little plain. Nicely done!
Diamon – That’s a well made outfit. And I love how you’ve done the hair, though that’s what a real boy would do, not a tomboy.
273roman – Good outfit. A little average, but works well with the theme.
Terylana – That’s a clever representation of the theme. A female pirate was definitely a tomboy of those days.
Chibiwillow – That’s a well themed outfit!
Anyamalfoy – A hip tomboy! Well done.
Born2bstar – Though the colours don’t agree very well, that’s a good, well themed outfit.
Fairykisses – That’s a good tomboy. :D However, you should’ve left only one ball, since they are both from different sports.
Sarounet98 – Good job with the outfit! I like the smudges on the face, but the silver belt could’ve been avoided.
Cocobelle – Well done! A little dressed up to be a true tomboy, but I love the hair and cap combination a lot.
Sweetheartslovesong – Somewhat boring outfit, however well matched to the theme. Definitely shows effort.
Teom – Well made outfit. You look like a real boy, not a tomboy.
Sk8rgirl – A skater girl through and through. The only thing wrong with this outfit is the thick makeup.

Honourable mentions:

Welbyace- Sticking to theme and good outfit. Could’ve done without the cat ears, however.
Josie85- That’s an interesting style. Creative, but more rockstar than tomboy.
Yrvaya: That’s a very good outfit! However it was a little feminine to be tomboyish. Plus you seem to have a necklace sticking out of your hair. :/
Xxcozyxx – A visitor from Harajuku? We are honoured. But it’s not very fitting to the theme.
Angeldx – Not bad, but just not enough for a tomboy mention. :)
Mnmfreak – your outfit is actually a tomboy outfit and the bandage was a very clever touch! But the pleated skirt hidden behind your denim skirt threw me off. Almost made it though :)
Pettel – Interesting hairstyle and outfit, but the whole thing isn’t well matched for the theme.
Lovelylala – More of a feminine singer than a tomboy. Still good.
Christina24 – You’re wearing trousers alright, but the whole outfit still looks feminine. And the cat clinging on to your leg isn’t helping.
Tsumugi – You do look like a boy from the Victorian age! But the purse spoils the theme. Good job! :)
Kopuste – That’s a cute doll and outfit, you almost made it into the best dressed list. :) Well done.
Chillista – Something tells me you were a victim of the ‘hipster parade confusion’. That’s a wonderful outfit, but sadly, doesn’t fit the right theme.
April – A pretty outfit. Doesn’t match the tomboy theme, though it looks like another ‘hipster parade’ mistake.
Aura183 – The outfit was almost perfect, but the hair and makeup ruined it. And the bouquet at your feet isn’t helping.
Sapphireswan – I loved this outfit so much I ignored the fact that your doll is a little out of theme.
Iklovech – That’s an adorable doll. However, the puffed cuffs spoiled  the tomboy element. Good try.
Arleen – That’s a nice outfit, but too dressed up to be a tomboy.
Otherunicorn – Awesome outfit! But too dressed up to be a tomboy. You almost made it to best in show.
Msraven – The outfit was perfect! But you didn’t get into the best in show list because of the hairstyle. It’s too dressy for a tomboy.
Delicatelyalice – Makes a delicate tomboy... would’ve made it in if the outfit was a little less feminine. Good job!
Punk-luv – That’s a good tomboy outfit, only the bag spoils the effect. Almost made it to best in show! Good job!
Flavounette2 – Pretty outfit, but too dressed up to be a tomboy. Looks a bit like Rihanna. :)
Yarlyna – A nice outfit, but a little feminine touch. Good try.
Jackie-petals – A cute tomboy, you almost made it to the best in show! However, to be
fair I put you here, since you’re wearing a skirt/pinafore.
Tangailacail – Good outfit, but too feminine for the theme.
Hayley77 – A nice outfit that almost made it in to best in show. However, the tight clothes and makeup lessened your chances. Good try.
Evadiva – Your outfit and hair were almost perfect... but that off shoulder top ruined the effect completely.
p3nny-l4n3 - A cute outfit, but the stockings spoil the tomboy element.

Wrong place, wrong time:

Aries9v45n2 – She seems to have arrived straight from the Royal wedding.
L0vpandas: Yes, I loved that dress too, but this is the wrong show to wear it to.
Juste49 – A well coordinated outfit but you seem to be headed to Hollywood rather than a tomboy fashion show
Psychopixie – Who says vampires can’t be boys? But this vampire is definitely too girly. And a little weird.
Robinchan – Wow... I don’t know what that is... Definitely creative but you should’ve stayed at a comic con.
Peila – That’s a pretty outfit but more fantasy than tomboy. Plus the half skirt spoiled the theme. Good try.
Talkalot001 – that’s a pretty style, but it doesn’t match the theme again.
Picalilll – That’s another rockstar outfit. Well made, but doesn’t match the theme.
Summersky69 – Someone obviously doesn’t care much for the theme.
Lily530 – Perhaps you heard of the hipster parade and made a mistake? I understand.
Nikicapikica1 – Interesting name... The outfit is nice enough, but just doesn’t fit the theme
Whitewingsgirl – Pretty outfit, but wrong place to show it off.
Megfreak – Your doll reminds me of a brunette Madonna. While that’s flattering, your outfit isn’t fitting enough.
Natgirl09 – The outfit is well thought out, but this is more fantasy than tomboyish. You would’ve done better if you’d worn trousers instead of a skirt and put the dragon in his cage.
T1ana96 – That’s a pretty and detailed outfit. However, it doesn’t fit the theme. :/
Ramonna – Again, a pretty outfit, but doesn’t look like you tried to fit the theme at all. Unless you were going for the hipster parade.
Lily-petal – I love that skirt too, and I bought it as soon as I saw it in the shop. Your outfit is beautiful. But you’re obviously not bothered with the theme.
Kandi500 – Another guest from the Royal Wedding.
Tsukiko96 – A pretty outfit, but wrong theme.
Lunely –Pretty doll, but just not right for the theme.
Liston247 – A purple mad hatter look. However, you don’t look like a tomboy at all. :C
Lionesslady – That’s a sophisticated-cheerleader outfit you’re trying to pull off, but it falls flat over this week’s theme.
Mnmlover99 – Nice try, but doesn’t work with the theme because the bottoms are too tight to look masculine.
Doubledelight – That wonderful hairstyle almost got you to honourable mentions. However you are off theme.
Diooor – Your outfit is pretty but doesn’t match the theme.
Bostonfay – No, I cannot figure out what theme you’re trying to pull off.
Shada22 – That’s an interesting outfit, but adding a pair of trousers and a baseball cap will not make you a tomboy.
Hanzry143 – Beautiful hair and the outfit is pretty. But wrong theme. Also, you seem to have something stuck below your feet. o_o
Mechakunai – Your outfit is more Indiana Jones than tomboyish. Yes, he was a guy too, but your doll doesn’t pull it off very well. 
Katy-perry14 – That’s a nice outfit, but doesn’t match the theme.
Tite-axelleuh – Pretty outfit, wrong theme.
Magstarluvluv – Another guest from Harajuku. Maybe she couldn’t see where she was
going and ended up in the fashion show. Creative outfit however.
Hatchetpride – Though the outfit is pretty, that is in no way a tomboy fashion.
Adria  - Dear me, someone was caught from  fairy forest and put in the fashion show. A pretty outfit however.
Kogato – That’s pretty, but doesn’t match the theme.
utrotokogato – Well! Another fantasy inspired outfit! Definitely not tomboyish, but very elaborate.
Yrvanya – Another hipster style outfit. The halo/bow combo threw me off.
Aleena88 – That’s a very girly cowgirl you got there! Sweet look, but not on theme.
Snowwitney11 – Your outfit was actually good enough to be tomboyish, but the jewellery threw me off. Showing me your badge won’t help!
Moonglow – I’m tired of the semi-transparent skirt fad... it’s pretty in its own style, but not right for this show.
Camycam – Wrong theme, but nice outfit. It’s more of a fantasy theme.
Magpopstar5354 – A creative outfit, but not on theme at all. Unless you were going for
hipster?
Hana555 – An interesting combination. But not the right theme.
Windgale – Nice outfit combination, but not fitting the theme. Also, the rose in your hand doesn’t match.
Kimbu1990 – That’s an exotic outfit. But still doesn’t match the theme..
Kenose – Another mad hatter, this time green. Pretty combination but wrong theme.
Lucie – Another rockstar! Look girls, don’t bring your guitar unless it’s a rock ‘n’ roll theme, okay? Good outfit, but wrong theme.
Lightskinn – At first sight, I got an impression of a large fly, with your wings and leggings.
Completely off theme, but nice try. :)
Mangawolf – Elaborate outfit, but not on theme at all.
Flavounette – Pretty outfit combination, but wrong theme. Your other doll did better.
Dristym09 – Yet another guitarist. Nice outfit, wrong theme, and not the right place for
fairy dust.
Tothedina1986 – Definitely a pretty outfit, but not bothered with the theme.
Kopustee – Have I seen that name before? Obviously not bothered with the theme at all.
Becas – A beautiful outfit, but out of theme.
Tiechka – Nice combination of outfits, however you are off theme.
Azailamarie – A beautiful doll and outfit. Sadly this is the wrong theme.
Den143 – An interesting goth/emo outfit. However, not remotely tomboyish.
Laurelali – Yet another Royal Wedding guest, wearing the same outfit as the other one as well.
Rinslet – Wow! Someone arrived late for the Easter Bunny show! Why did you enter this show with that outfit? But the outfit is definitely creative.
Thecrasy – Some sort of Victorian steam punk duchess? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this outfit last week though.
Aradhea – Another cowgirl! Nice outfit, but wrong show. If you were a more boyish looking cowgirl you would’ve made the best dressed.
Angelli39 – That’s a very cute doll. Sadly, the theme is not met. Good try.
Xyratha – Beautiful hair. I loved it. But you ignored the theme completely.
Silverstarshine – Well if it isn’t Hedwig and her doll! The outfit is nice enough, but wrong theme and wrong makeup.
Signumxxx – Beautiful outfit altogether. Sadly the theme is tomboy, not cosplay. You look like a mix of Mytho and Ahiru from PTT.
Simonne18 – Nice outfit. But not tomboy at all.
Ruealice(That’s me!) – You seem to have gone shopping in Tokyo and got a makeover
along with it. Nice outfit, but wrong theme.

Not good enough:

Izzy4688 – May have worked with the hipster theme.
Mia98 – Your outfit and name remind me of the Princess Diaries. That’s a nice outfit, but
it isn’t right for the fashion show. :/
Danielboy – This doll is a girl by the way. The dress is okay, but the leggings/tights put
you out of theme.
Djihane – You seemed to attempt to be a tomboy, but your skirts began floating around
you in protest?
Gingerjane – Nice name, wrong outfit.
Nicole16 – No sign of effort in this outfit at all.
Safaa12 – Cute outfit, but doesn’t fit the theme. 
Hope4ever1120 – Interesting expression on your doll. However the outfit is shabby and
doesn’t fit the theme.
Mygothicdiva – Simply adding trousers to whatever you’re wearing doesn’t make you a
tomboy.
Pink8899 – A cute outfit that doesn’t match the theme.
Xjenniferx – That doesn’t match the theme. Also, the purse and ribbons don’t work with
that dress.
Harrypotterluv – That outfit seems to have no effort put in at all.
Lucia09 – Okay your outfit isn’t so bad, but it isn’t good either. It is off theme because of those shoes and that top.
Simona4 – Nice dress. There was a reason they made a Valiae item a requirement – so you would dress up as a tomboy, not so you would pick up the most feminine item in that store and mismatch your entire outfit.
Cowgirl – I don’t know why you have a gag over your mouth. It seems you were going for hipster though, so good try.
Anamares – Off theme doll. Seems like you tried, but not tried enough. Please girls, don’t enter your flirting dolls in the fashion show.
Gracexx – Not a bad outfit, wrong theme. Your outfit is definitely trying to tell me something, but I can’t hear through the fairy dust.
Angelakatz – Throwing on a pair of jeans under your dress is not gonna make you a tomboy.
Sekhon404 – The outfit is okay, but far from tomboy.
Nightimerose – I like your hair, but nothing else. Off theme.
Tw33ty – Good attempt, though the hair is a little feminine.

Just no:

Avivah – Dear girl, you’ve been cosplaying Robin Hood for months now. Why do you keep
entering the show if you can’t be bothered to change your outfit?
Marionette – I went to your loft to see your dress. It’s beautiful. Too bad it was hidden behind your flyaway skirt. Thank goodness you were wearing leggings. I know tomboys are cheeky, but this is ridiculous.

More later!

Last edited by ruealice (2011-05-06 21:18:37)

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

#2 2011-05-06 10:10:10

gothgirluni
Members

Re: Rue's Tomboy Fashion Show Review (incomplete)

Teom IS a boy!

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#3 2011-05-06 10:17:41

hayley77
Chat moderator

aha i think your right hehe thnx alot for ur comment i have to notice my makeup next time

#4 2011-05-06 18:30:33

iklovech
Members

I know my outfit sucks on the fashion show but that's because I got my info from the French site, I wanted to know what we should wear. I just dress up for the fashion show cause I know I'll never win it ever.

My little sister sk8rgirl is doing better then me any way like always. Now she is a real tomboy in life and she didn't look at her outfit before I entered her so the make up is my fault. She didn't want me to make any changes and she couldn't make her own for she was sick.

#5 2011-05-06 20:02:54

ruealice
Members

gothgirluni wrote:

Teom IS a boy!

Hahaha yeah when I see suspicious names like that I go check out their page. xD That was a clever outfit. The funny thing about this show was that our very rare male players could also find it interesting.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

Board footer