You are not logged in.

Announcement

Melde dich mit den selben Logindaten wie im Spiel an :) Du brauchst dich nicht noch einmal neu zu registrieren.

#1 2011-09-21 12:07:05

Ancien joueur Amberleigh
Guests

New boutique!!

It's fashion weeks this month and for this occasion we are opening a new boutique in OhMyDollz City : 
The Luxury Boutique! http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/fr/luxe-2.png

This boutique is a little particular: you must be at least level 30 or have been actively playing OhMyDollz for over 60 days to have access.

In this boutique discover 3 luxury outfits created by Christina!

http://blog.feerik.com//images/luxe2109.jpg

#2 2011-09-21 12:15:43

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Re: New boutique!!

Uh.. $200 for a dress.. no thanks, thats a bit ridiculous to be honest..

#3 2011-09-21 12:48:08

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

cocobelle wrote:

o-O
That's equivalent to approx 1050 feez or £15 in real money.

So I agree with cocobelle.

#4 2011-09-21 13:07:48

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

They are beautiful but also to much $$.

#5 2011-09-21 13:31:57

princesstoya
Members

I like it! But then again. I'm on Stardoll (which btw this reminds me of) so I'm used to high priced items. Are they going to change the store items often? I will buy if I see something that fits my style. For OhMyDollz I would say that a 200$$$ is a bit high. Since the only income we get is working for 7$$$ or less a day. Now, they should add a Marketplace to OhMyDollz for us to sell unwanted items to other players. Better yet just other ways to earn $$$.

Fabulosity (n) 1. a state of everything that is fabulous. 2. a quality ascribed to that which expresses glamour, style, charisma, power, and heart.

#6 2011-09-21 13:42:37

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

anyamalfoy wrote:

cocobelle wrote:

o-O
That's equivalent to approx 1050 feez or £15 in real money.

So I agree with cocobelle.

Its $27 U.S dollars to buy enough fee'z
or
A little over a month of saving up your money (thats with a 6 dollar salary) to buy just 1 thing.  Isnt the fun part of this game being able to dress up your doll in different outfits and buying new stuff..  Makes for a pretty boring game to be able to buy 1 thing in an entire month..

#7 2011-09-21 14:24:28

princesstoya
Members

Just like in life. If you want something bad enough. You'll have to save up for it. Plus, just like what they say every time someone says has an issue with what something costs on here. It's just a way for them to MAKE you buy feez. Am I right? You don't have to buy the items if you can't afford it. Also as different/beautiful the items may be. There are better looking dresses for a fraction of the cost in the other stores. They look better too.

Fabulosity (n) 1. a state of everything that is fabulous. 2. a quality ascribed to that which expresses glamour, style, charisma, power, and heart.

#8 2011-09-21 14:37:02

rheasilvia

I'm not that sure about this idea. The clothes are super-expensive, but it is supposed to be a luxurious shop, so I don't think it's much of a problem to me. I simply won't buy them. But I also think that there won't be many players to buy them in general. Simply because they're not that great. We all know that the best clothes are ones that can be used in multiple ways. And the three pieces that are in this new shop are rather disappointing when it comes to that.

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#9 2011-09-21 15:04:45

zanthia
Members

I hope it is a mistake...  It cost's like quest, and sometimes in quests are more beautiful clothes .. and you have also a lot of furniture... and a room or boy, or work... moving pet ... too expensive.
and i like second dress, but that third... in Okuan store is for 25$$$ more beautiful dress i like red, blue or gray... i can choose all for less money :)

Last edited by zanthia (2011-09-21 15:12:09)

#10 2011-09-21 15:11:03

iklovech
Members

I like the middle dress but there is no way I'm gonna buy fee'z just to buy one dress.

#11 2011-09-21 15:16:38

shutupandletmego
Members

They are too expensive. No wonder, that they are called ''Luxury''. Also I don't really much like these items. If only black-blue dress about 150$$$(about-what?).
If I want that dress, it's like I have to earn money for 25 days(I earn 6$$$ a day). And that is too long for me.

I like it! But then again. I'm on Stardoll (which btw this reminds me of) so I'm used to high priced items. Are they going to change the store items often? I will buy if I see something that fits my style. For OhMyDollz I would say that a 200$$$ is a bit high. Since the only income we get is working for 7$$$ or less a day. Now, they should add a Marketplace to OhMyDollz for us to sell unwanted items to other players. Better yet just other ways to earn $$$.

I have been on Stardoll too, but nope... On Stardoll you have to be member to be able to cosplay any anime. So with that Ohmydollz is better(I still don't get it, why people more like Stardoll than this...)
Yes, for OMD 200$$$ are just too expensive for 1 dress. I would uderstand if that's quest, but a 1 dress...

#12 2011-09-21 15:42:10

princesstoya
Members

shutupandletmego wrote:

They are too expensive. No wonder, that they are called ''Luxury''. Also I don't really much like these items. If only black-blue dress about 150$$$(about-what?).
If I want that dress, it's like I have to earn money for 25 days(I earn 6$$$ a day). And that is too long for me.

I have been on Stardoll too, but nope... On Stardoll you have to be member to be able to cosplay any anime. So with that Ohmydollz is better(I still don't get it, why people more like Stardoll than this...)
Yes, for OMD 200$$$ are just too expensive for 1 dress. I would uderstand if that's quest, but a 1 dress...

I didn't say that Stardoll was better. Did I? What I had said was that I'm on Stardoll and know about high prices from being on that site. I see it all the time. Also IF someone really wants to buy that item for that amount. Just save up for it or go without if you don't have it. The store name isn't called Luxury for a reason. Yeah, they have it were only the better items are for SuperStars only. My friend does very well on there without being one. Just like every company, they're out to make money. So of course they'll make you have to pay in order to buy certain items.

P.S. I'm way MORE active on OhMyDollz than Stardoll anyway.

#13 2011-09-21 15:54:41

shutupandletmego
Members

princesstoya wrote:

shutupandletmego wrote:

I didn't say that Stardoll was better.

But I didn't say that you think stardoll is better.
If I said something somehow wrong then sorry.

[edit]I meant people in general. like my class girls. they more liked their sd than omd

Last edited by shutupandletmego (2011-09-21 16:05:46)

#14 2011-09-21 17:01:19

hydrangea13
Members
Website

The prices are too high. I will never buy these dresses if the price keep like this. To be honest, some of my doll clothes have NEVER been wore. I have lots of clothes from adventures and flirts, and I only change my doll outfit once a week or two, so I think these dresses aren't worth their prices. I'll save my money for the upcoming advetures.

Thanks Zoey900 for the wonderful avatar and signature.
My creation

#15 2011-09-21 19:00:58

iklovech
Members

hydrangea13 wrote:

The prices are too high. I will never buy these dresses if the price keep like this. To be honest, some of my doll clothes have NEVER been wore. I have lots of clothes from adventures and flirts, and I only change my doll outfit once a week or two, so I think these dresses aren't worth their prices. I'll save my money for the upcoming advetures.

I agree with you for I do the same.

#16 2011-09-21 20:40:58

princesstoya
Members

@shutupandletmego No Worries, I didn't agree with the price of the dress either. I know that some players are going to buy it if they like enough. Hey, it could have been 300+ then that would have been REALLY outrageous. I think since this is the most expensive item on OhMyDollz ever. It may have shocked some of you. So I apologize.. =)

#17 2011-09-21 21:12:57

zanthia
Members

BTW where can i find hair from the second doll?quoi
and, when prices are so high, they should sell it with jewels, boots, hats etc.   for second with crown, fur, hair, and moving pet.. and maybe i will buy it     MAYBE
montr
and that first... if it will cost 20 for jacket ... i will think only,  pants for free ... i will dismiss it ... mdr
soo looks like somebody want us to buy more feeeeeez mdr  so make somethink special.. and worth the price

#18 2011-09-21 21:38:32

iklovech
Members

zanthia wrote:

BTW where can i find hair from the second doll?quoi
and, when prices are so high, they should sell it with jewels, boots, hats etc.   for second with crown, fur, hair, and moving pet.. and maybe i will buy it     MAYBE
montr
and that first... if it will cost 20 for jacket ... i will think only,  pants for free ... i will dismiss it ... mdr
soo looks like somebody want us to buy more feeeeeez mdr  so make somethink special.. and worth the price

If your talking about the blond hair that you will find in the zodiac closet.

#19 2011-09-21 21:45:07

sparklehearts
Members

Im guessing why they can this store luxurious.. but i can afford it w/ the amount of money i saved up!

http://i51.tinypic.com/28vg45g.jpg

#20 2011-09-21 22:19:28

jupitermoon
Members

Yeah, too expensive to buy, its supposed to be a luxury shop, but it's too much, a high price   like $75 for a dress would be ok to call luxury, and people would still buy it, but $200 for a dress, that's insane.

#21 2011-09-22 01:02:37

Ancien joueur shootingmoon
Guests

I agree with Jupiter. The outfits DOES look luxury but for around $75-80, maybe people will ACTUALLY buy it. nrv

#22 2011-09-22 01:15:06

sierradane
Members

jupitermoon wrote:

Yeah, too expensive to buy, its supposed to be a luxury shop, but it's too much, a high price   like $75 for a dress would be ok to call luxury, and people would still buy it, but $200 for a dress, that's insane.

I wouldn't buy any of those even for 40 DB.  And with the current exchange rate with FEEZ for DB, that is too much RL money to be spending on an item that we have NO assurance will be there forever.  *thinks back to her forest room and wedding room and this and that and more of that which she paid RL money for... "at the other site" *

Just another way for Feerik to make more money along with the rapidly occuring Adventures and "pack of the month" specials.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#23 2011-09-22 04:25:30

darkjewels
Members

o_O the cheapest (and less prety) is 80$$$!? o_O

i'm not buying those... and i did not like any of those dresses...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#24 2011-09-22 08:35:34

jayellaai
Members

I basically agree with the general opinion that the outfits are far too expensive.Even for a Luxury shop,it's a ridiculous amount of money.The outfit I like is the deux-piece with the pants, but 75$$$ for a pair of pants, 40$$$ for a pair of shoes and 80$$$ for a jacket? It's ridiculous.
A fair idea would be creating a shop with user-designed oufits, and giving the designers an income based on the sales. But even so, the prices should be reasonable. Why on earth would anyone sane in their minds want to spend aprox. 200$$$ on an outfit, if only for the snobbish idea of having a 200$$$ worth dress?
For a 200$$$ adventure, you receive at least 7 dresses, plus 20 or more pieces of furniture, plus accesories, plus other exclusive items.
Sorry, but I don't see the logical utility in this shop. The prices make the outfits seem less appealing and less beautiful.

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/7590/sigsv.png

#25 2011-09-22 12:35:34

ch0colate
Members

I completely agree, it is absolutely crazy to pay 200$$$ for one dress that (like has been pointed out) can only be used in one outfit. Also it;s ridiculous to pay real money that has been hard earned for virtually nothing. Just 1 item.Even though I understand it is a 'luxurious' shop, I'm sorry, but it is crazily overpriced, and I'm really hoping they change this. When I first saw the prices I was just shocked! hypn

Last edited by ch0colate (2011-09-22 12:40:30)

~ Ch0colate, have a nice day ^^

Board footer