You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2016-03-16 14:52:14

sarah
Administrator

[Contest] The DesiDollz muse is...

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/apercu_concoursegerie3.png

Our team deliberated upon all the participations of all our servers (over 164 entries) and these are now the results!

The muse of DesiDollz is... Fire-walk-with-me (French server)!

The team has unanimously been seduced by the elegance, fineness and details such as the  anatomy of the posture change, as well as the harmony of the colors!

All participants received a flower accessory!

Special thanks to the players of our version!
mimi078
yoana
rheasilvia
n0regrets
kibee11
angelfire
zarinen
efarahproti
princesstoya

aomd_bisous

#2 2016-03-16 16:16:07

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Re: [Contest] The DesiDollz muse is...

Aw, now I wish I would have entered just to get those flowers. pleur

Does anyone know what Fire-walk-with-me's outfit(s) look like?

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#3 2016-03-16 18:57:28

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

She really is creative!!

#4 2016-03-16 18:57:32

melodie2
Members
Website

lady0filia wrote:

Does anyone know what Fire-walk-with-me's outfit(s) look like?

Her outfits are in this thread , scroll down to post #92 ^^

->  I looked at the whole thread and I do feel that there were much better entries from the other contestants in the French site though... However, her outfits were creative and definitely unique from other contestants ideas ^^

http://i.imgur.com/hcziua8.png
                         ▷ [Visit My Doll] | [My Manga Graphics]

#5 2016-03-16 20:05:02

30stmxfan
Members

I'm curious what they were looking for in an entry after seeing all the french entries hmm ...

discord: corgibutt#2664

#6 2016-03-16 22:53:46

ambernixie
Members

The French players seem to always dominate in site run completions like this, Which is not a totally bad thing..a LOT of the players on the French side are very creative people.
When I was looking through their entries, I could not believe the creativity that they had taken into for making their outfits. I can't even fathom how they could throw all that together to make an outfit that can/would even look good.
I know for sure that I couldn't make something like out of random items and pieces of clothing, I can't even figure out how to use those extra arms and leg pieces half the time HAHA!

#7 2016-03-16 23:11:50

angelfire
Members
Website

ambernixie wrote:

I could not believe the creativity that they had taken into for making their outfits. I can't even fathom how they could throw all that together to make an outfit that can/would even look good.

I know right! I'm so jealous of their talents ^^ And every outfit is just as unique as the next one. I wonder where they get it from :3
Those flowers are really pretty :3 I'm glad I participated in time! aomd_bisous

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#8 2016-03-17 02:07:03

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

I sometimes get upset about not seeing winners from the English Forums, but at the same time, I think that's kinda expected because:
1. I've seen awesome creative entries from their side that really makes me go O.O
2. The number of active players here are waaaay less, so from a probability point of view, it's expected that more French players win.

That been said, I'd really like to say that I'm proud of Mimi078 and N0regrets for representing the English site in contests this past year and winning. We've also had several other players from the English site who won OMD contests. If anything, why don't we create some topic in the 'OMD Discussions' section to document them? Kinda like the English OMD Hall of Fame.

I would really like to remember who won and their entries. If anything, I find it inspiring.

#9 2016-03-17 04:01:08

angelfire
Members
Website

OOoo yes! Darky, would you do the honors as it was your idea :3 I'll start looking around to see what I can find

Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#10 2016-03-17 11:22:15

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Will do so today then!!

#11 2016-03-18 06:15:28

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Congratulations (although "felicitations" would probably be more appropriate :P) to fire-walk-with-me... I look forward to seeing your custom creation!

I wish I had had more time to do this competition justice, but a big Thank You to Team Feerik for the flowers... they are lovely ^.^ As many comments on the French Forum indicate, this was a fun idea... and I hope to see a similar contest in the future!
Happy St. Patrick's Day, divas

#12 2016-03-18 14:43:23

rukia131
Members

Well the entries were definitely amazing. What I'd like to point out is that most of our players had normal-life great outfits that are to die for while the french players as I see went for more... fantasy inspired outfits which tend to be more impressive (although I like the normal ones more to be honest) when looking at but not really better. This is just how I feel.

Now... I must confess I don't especially like the created outfit we all received. I mean yeah... It's nice, it's creative, it's cool... but nothing that special.
And I don't know if this is the right place for me to complain but since I saw so many outfits on the french forum and this new outfit it just got my started...
The airbrush finish just hurts my eyes on any items I see it on (that doesn't necessary have anything to do with the outfit itself). Like the effect on the face of the doll we all received. For some reason I just can't stand it. It's like she just bathed in highlighter. Some people like it but it's just not my cup of tea.
Also my other concern was that the rules say no blood, no gore and no sexual content... but Feerik has shown us lately that they don't really respect the rules themselves. While I'm not one for censorship and I don't particularly feel like children can't handle the content it annoys me when people don't follow the rules they impose. Here I'm not talking about the doll we received but about the various entries I have seen + some of the new items.

Now my personal favorites were Mimi's second outfit and this one from the french version (not that it really matters)
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/143012Capturedcran20160314165938.png

I just wanted to know where the butterflies come from?

Last edited by rukia131 (2016-03-18 18:05:44)

#13 2016-03-19 22:04:27

lady0filia
Website

The blue butterflies are in Amethyst's store in the Jewels section under Others.

I can't believe we got the doll created by Fire-Walk-With-Me already! I customized mine a bit to suit my liking; if anyone cares check out Sarahspells.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#14 2016-03-19 23:16:44

angelfire
Members
Website

We did? I don't see it in my loft...Was there a time that we had to be logged in by?

#15 2016-03-20 00:58:32

bloodyemos
Members
Website

angelfire wrote:

We did? I don't see it in my loft...Was there a time that we had to be logged in by?

I didn't get it either

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#16 2016-03-20 11:39:33

nicoleong9
Members

I think it's only given to players who completed the DesiDollz Trends quest?

fairykisses wrote:

All players who complete the quest will also receive a bonus gift related to a competition to find a muse DesiDollz!

#17 2016-03-20 15:59:50

lady0filia
Website

Yes, only those who finished the quest got the doll. I purposely did the last step, even though I hated the last step, just to get the special doll for at least one of my dolls.

Board footer