You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2017-08-01 14:21:59

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

[Anniversary] Follow the Fairies!

Hello dollz!

Throughout this month anniversary celebration, small fairies, like the logo of FeerikGames, slipped into some OhMyDollz events. Catch them and collect them to win surprise gifts at the end of the month!

You can find these little Fairies at certain events in the game, between 08/01 and 08/31. Some will be obvious, but others will be well hidden. Keep an eye on the game’s news, but be careful: you will not be warned when a Fairy slips into one of them!

Pay close attention to locate them, for example, you can set up a “Fairy Hunter Club” on your forum to help each other, and whenever a player locates a fairy hidden in an event, she can inform the other players.

We offer the first Fairy to all players who will connect to the game before Wednesday;)

All the Fairies will be identical to this one, but of different color. The total number of Fairies throughout the month of August is 31 😉

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2017-07-28.png

To get the first Fairy, log into your account before August 6th, 11:59 pm. (CET)
Each player can only get each Fairy once, and it will not be possible to copy or buy them in the lofts.

At the end of August, we will automatically examine your Fairy collections. The more you succeed in gathering different fairies on your account, the more surprise gifts you will get at the end of the month!

Important!
The gifts distributed by the fairies will depend on the number of different faeries you will have in your inventory. Each fairy has a different color, there are a total of 31 different fairies to collect to get a maximum of gifts!There will be different gifts to be won depending on the number of different fairies you caught. Even if you only get a fairy, you will get at least one gift;)

Some events will allow you to get the same fairy several times: be careful, they will be duplicates. Duplicates will count as “one fairy”;)

In order, not to confuse you: Every day, there will be a different fairy that is going to be proposed during an event. If an event offers you several times a fairy during the same day, it will be the same fairy.

Happy Anniversary to all!

#2 2017-08-01 15:03:57

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: [Anniversary] Follow the Fairies!

So we have just one day to catch each fairy except the first one?

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2017-08-01 18:03:47

sierradane
Members

angelfire wrote:

From what I understand, there will be ONE fairy per day until the last day of August.  If you collect more than one in one day, each one counts as a fairy of the 31 you'll get but those will be duplicate gifts.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2017-08-01 18:07:16

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

sierradane wrote:

angelfire wrote:

From what I understand, there will be ONE fairy per day until the last day of August.  If you collect more than one in one day, each one counts as a fairy of the 31 you'll get but those will be duplicate gifts.

Actually they say:
Some events will allow you to get the same fairy several times: be careful, they will be duplicates. Duplicates will count as “one fairy”;)

So I think it means catching multiple on the same day results in one gift only. Probably. Maybe.

#5 2017-08-01 19:01:07

sierradane
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

sierradane wrote:

angelfire wrote:

Actually they say:

So I think it means catching multiple on the same day results in one gift only. Probably. Maybe.

I'm thinking you'll get duplicates of that day's gift if you catch more than one per day. And those will count as part of the 31 gifts.  Maybe we'll know more as each day passes.

I'm wondering if it will be like when we "catch" items where we have to find 50 to get something?

Last edited by sierradane (2017-08-01 19:01:51)

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#6 2017-08-01 19:26:26

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Yeah I think all that would cleared up once the events start really.

Kinda excited for this! Love that we've been getting more events recently. Like the Summer 'Advent' calendar etc

#7 2017-08-01 19:31:02

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

What I gather from this:

"Some events will allow you to get the same fairy several times: be careful, they will be duplicates. Duplicates will count as “one fairy”;)"

It sounds like during the times when you can catch/find more than one fairy of the same color, it doesn't matter how many you catch, it still counts as one fairy. So say you catch five of the same pink fairy one day thinking you'll get five of that pink fairy's gift... I think it means you will just get one gift from that pink fairy because the other four pink fairies mean nothing, they are just duplicates. I thought at first it meant you can get multiples of the same gift if you collect a lot of the same fairy, but I think they are warning you that "Don't spend time collecting more than one of the same fairy, because you'll get just one gift from them no matter how many 'blue fairies' you have in your inventory".

So I don't think multiple twin fairies count towards the overall 31 gifts, as long as you catch just one fairy of each color for each day you will get 31 gifts.

Last edited by lady0filia (2017-08-01 19:32:24)

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#8 2017-08-01 20:02:35

orangemaid
Members

cocobelle wrote:

Important!
The gifts distributed by the fairies will depend on the number of different faeries you will have in your inventory. Each fairy has a different color, there are a total of 31 different fairies to collect to get a maximum of gifts! There will be different gifts to be won depending on the number of different fairies you caught. Even if you only get a fairy, you will get at least one gift;)

Another HIGHLY unlikely interpretation is that part - where the gift might vary depending on the quantity you collect -yet still yielding only one gift for that day.

I seriously doubt it, but I think it is a valid possible interpretation. Wrong, but possible.

@angelfire - I think sierradane may be right, if acquiring all Fairies put them in our inventory like the first one does. It may then be like 'gifts' in the past than change after a period of time. Mechanistically all they have to do is replace the Fairy file with the Gift file of the same name and we have the gifts instead.

There are some not too complex subroutines I can think of that might make a difference. A 'First instance of' search routine could change just the first Fairy and rename/renumber it. Or set a flag and delete subsequent repetitions, or change/not change them.

Swapping files is still simplest. So most likely. (And voids my unlikely above guess void!)

quoi The post uses 'get' in regards to the fairies. Does simply having it count? I clicked on the one Sarah gave us and I can turn a yellow glow on or off? Does the glow mean gotten?

quoi And do we get to keep the fairies? Well, not if the files are swapped. But I like the look of the first one, and the colors of some of the others...

#9 2017-08-01 23:39:58

tsotso
Members

All this Fairy business has me confused  but so very excited !!
Hopefully we will catch them all ..I can't wait  applau

#10 2017-08-02 03:30:24

sierradane
Members

I am clueless as to where the 2nd fairy would be.

#11 2017-08-02 04:51:10

princesstoya
Members

Lol at to whomever wrote the "Follow the Fairies!" event description on the French side. It honestly doesn't make sense. I'm going back and forth from the French forums to our forums and everyone doesn't understand what or how the fairies will be placed around the website. So is this like a SEEK n FIND type of event? (I hope so!)

The details could have been written a LITTLE more clear. So that we all can fully comprehend more about the event. At this point, I feel a little on the slow side lol. I thought I was going to able to rest on MY birthday month, I guess not lol.

Are we allowed to post spoilers here or will another forum thread be made especially just for that?

Fabulosity (n) 1. a state of everything that is fabulous. 2. a quality ascribed to that which expresses glamour, style, charisma, power, and heart.

#12 2017-08-02 05:38:45

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

princesstoya wrote:

Are we allowed to post spoilers here or will another forum thread be made especially just for that?

Angelfire has kindly made a thread for it here-->http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=11529

Board footer