You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-06-09 04:17:16

sierradane
Members

Where's the Disco outfits girls?

I think that I enter the Fashion show about every other week since usually it requires that I must buy something for it that I don't have.  This week, after doing an image search for Disco clothing and the movie "Stayin' Alive" that helped with what I might be able to wear.

I'm glad that Snortmort also did a search, see the pictures of Disco clothes on her page.

I'm not seeing a lot of Disco ensembles though in the top 15.  Too bad.

I won't critique anyone, but I guess if anyone wants to add to this thread to do so, maybe that might not clutter up the forum with various "reviews"

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2011-06-09 16:08:22

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

Re: Where's the Disco outfits girls?

I tried thinking of abba :)

Anyway I too am very disappointed with the fashion show this week, I usually enjoy a spot of voting now & then ^^
Every so often one person with several dolls hoards the top 15, I see it again this week. In the top 15 (to be precise the top 10!) at the moment there are 2 people with several dolls - atleast 3 dolls each who most of the time are the only ones getting votes...
I know someone who, abt 2 months ago - in another version of OMD, spent quite a lot of hours during the week voting her dolls & all 3 of them came 1st, 2nd & 3rd

It's horrible & frustrating when this happens especially when they haven't really respected the theme & there are others out there who are way better!

#3 2011-06-09 18:12:22

sierradane
Members

yarlyna wrote:

I know someone who, abt 2 months ago - in another version of OMD, spent quite a lot of hours during the week voting her dolls & all 3 of them came 1st, 2nd & 3rd

I can't remember which version of OMD it was on, but I once saw that one person was in 1st place through 15th place.  How's that for competition.

I too enjoy voting occasionally but that 5 minute delay is too long to wait to hit it again when the next three come up as not following the them AT all.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2011-06-09 19:20:52

snortmort
Members

Sierra - my trick to get around the voting delay is instead of waiting 2 minutes for the timer to be up, I log out and back in again right away so I don't have to wait so long.

The show is just really bothering me this week, as you so clearly saw on my page...I'm washing my hands of the whole thing after this show is done. There's no chance for the few people I've seen respecting the theme to get the votes they deserve. It's crazy....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2011-06-09 19:33:40

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

sierradane wrote:

yarlyna wrote:

I can't remember which version of OMD it was on, but I once saw that one person was in 1st place through 15th place.  How's that for competition.

- Haha, I remember that... and they try to say theres no cheating going on..

Possibly for this fashion show, since there was just an adventure, maybe people spent their money on that so thats why ya dont see as many dressed on theme.  :)

#6 2011-06-10 01:23:52

gothgirluni
Members

yarlyna wrote:

I tried thinking of abba :)

Anyway I too am very disappointed with the fashion show this week, I usually enjoy a spot of voting now & then ^^
Every so often one person with several dolls hoards the top 15, I see it again this week. In the top 15 (to be precise the top 10!) at the moment there are 2 people with several dolls - atleast 3 dolls each who most of the time are the only ones getting votes...

It's horrible & frustrating when this happens especially when they haven't really respected the theme & there are others out there who are way better!

Actually, she only ended up with two in the top 3. I also spent a lot of time voting - and not for her. None the less,  see  my post about cheating in this forum. It is very hard to raise your own doll's rank very high unless other people also vote for your dolls a lot.

sierradane wrote:

I too enjoy voting occasionally but that 5 minute delay is too long to wait to hit it again when the next three come up as not following the them AT all.

It's only 2 minutes now. It was reduced. The alternative is to vote for the ugliest doll on the screen, hoping that no one else will vote for her! But even then, I refuse to vote for a ballgown when the theme is disco.

Review of my own dolls:
Unii and Otherunicorn. I did do some searches for disco, and ended up settling on something that would be worn to a current day disco. I dressed them identically as a fun experiment - to see if they get the same number of votes. They seem to be getting ignored equally!
GothGirlMiho. Well, she's goth. I tried to make a goth disco outfit.

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#7 2011-06-10 02:34:57

sierradane
Members

Hey!  I now have 75 votes!!

#8 2011-06-10 02:42:07

Ancien joueur geekgirl
Guests

I entered the Fashion Show today for fun. So far, I have 8 votes. But, I feel I'm not Disco-y enough >_<.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But, at least I'm not wearing something TOTALLY off topic =P

Last edited by geekgirl (2011-06-10 02:43:27)

#9 2011-06-10 03:11:25

rosered86
Members

I tried to dress my doll in disco outfit. The pink dress that we got in the latest adventure. It was screamed disco. Not very original I know, ouf but I added to it.

#10 2011-06-10 03:16:48

Ancien joueur geekgirl
Guests

@Sierradane&Gothgirluni : I found your dollz in the fashion show! Lovely :) Voted.

#11 2011-06-10 07:20:33

gothgirluni
Members

What's with the bikini top, shorts and basket that what seem like a crowd of dolls are wearing?

#12 2011-06-10 08:55:19

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

gothgirluni wrote:

Actually, she only ended up with two in the top 3. I also spent a lot of time voting - and not for her. None the less,  see  my post about cheating in this forum. It is very hard to raise your own doll's rank very high unless other people also vote for your dolls a lot.

As I said it wasn't this version it was a different version of OMD, I know the person & she was approached about it afterwards, she had 3 dolls on the podium. I've frequently seen 2 dolls belonging to the same person here, & no it's actually not difficult if you have the time & if you have a helper - frequent among the younger crowd. As has been mentioned there is a way to do it!

The bikini & shorts is from the latest adventure... why is it some people just HAVE to wear what they got from the adventure no matter what the theme is & then they wear it for weeks on end! lol

Last edited by yarlyna (2011-06-10 09:01:49)

#13 2011-06-10 10:21:00

gothgirluni
Members

yarlyna wrote:

As I said it wasn't this version it was a different version of OMD, I know the person & she was approached about it afterwards, she had 3 dolls on the podium. I've frequently seen 2 dolls belonging to the same person here, & no it's actually not difficult if you have the time & if you have a helper - frequent among the younger crowd. As has been mentioned there is a way to do it!

My bad. Certainly a dedicated cheat can manage. I put that post up originally because some people were getting a lot of abuse for just being 10-20 votes ahead. As for voting for your own doll - the cheats are going to do it no matter what we say, so if you see your own doll, and she's the best on the screen, vote for her. Of course you need to be logged into a different account to do that.

A few weeks back we had the odd case of two dolls way ahead at 600 votes, then one shooting ahead to 700 over night. I know one of the dolls had genuine votes - she is a moderator. I also know that I voted for both dolls every time I saw them - as probably did every one else!

yarlyna wrote:

The bikini & shorts is from the latest adventure... why is it some people just HAVE to wear what they got from the adventure no matter what the theme is & then they wear it for weeks on end! lol

I counted at least 7 of them, and quite a few hiding the bikini under their disco outfit. The funny thing with the adventures - when I do them, I usually toss the clothing straight into the attic, never to be looked at again! It's the room I'm after.

#14 2011-06-10 11:47:50

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

gothgirluni wrote:

A few weeks back we had the odd case of two dolls way ahead at 600 votes, then one shooting ahead to 700 over night. I know one of the dolls had genuine votes - she is a moderator. I also know that I voted for both dolls every time I saw them - as probably did every one else!

Yes I remember that too!!! Well the 1st & 3rd doll in that case were the same person, from what I could see she was trying to get 2nd & 3rd place - & a certain someone has dollz again this week... no need to say more I think! Yes the mod had genuine votes.
She had so many votes because I'm willing to bet more than one person copped what she was up to! The only thing one can do in these situations is to vote vote vote the really good dolls.

It's such a pity that the winner can't take part again, I'm always sorry in a way when I see a much loved 'fashionista' win because it means they won't be in the running again & I just love voting in the fashion show!

#15 2011-06-11 03:03:18

Ancien joueur tweetyx
Guests

I entered the Fashion show with three dollz,  and yet last  day (s) there were rankly high on the top 15 then top 6 then top 3. I've been received  a lot of PM's about people saying they'll be voting for me. But realizing it's not fair behave the other players:non:  I've sended them back that now and then they should stop. But if my dollz are still going up to the top 15 three of them, they'll stop because I'll be voting to the other dollz that are closely behind them to get their rank up. Also Yarlyna, I didn't knew you can't enter with the amount of three dollz, I have read the rules but I might forgotten that part, but in the future it wouldn't happen again.

#16 2011-06-11 03:19:22

Ancien joueur xrapx
Guests

tweetyx wrote:

I entered the Fashion show with three dollz,  and yet last  day (s) there were rankly high on the top 15 then top 6 then top 3. I've been received  a lot of PM's about people saying they'll be voting for me. But realizing it's not fair behave the other players:non:  I've sended them back that now and then they should stop. But if my dollz are still going up to the top 15 three of them, they'll stop because I'll be voting to the other dollz that are closely behind them to get their rank up. Also Yarlyna, I didn't knew you can't enter with the amount of three dollz, I have read the rules but I might forgotten that part, but in the future it wouldn't happen again.

i have seen those dollz in the top 3 and it might be me whos givng you all thosse votes sorry!

#17 2011-06-11 03:56:53

Ancien joueur born2bstar
Guests

I hope you people aren't talking about me ;) haha. As you can see I have registered with one doll. The only dollz that caught my eye was... actually it wasn't only a doll  conceivably twins! Yes twins (ha); Unii and Otherunicorn. You know, while I was about to vote for Unii in the fashion show, my relative walked by and said  "Wow!, that was one of an  comparable outfit that I wearied on my first dico back then on that doll, don't tell me your not voting for her because you definitively should!" and to top that she didn't even know that the theme was dico!  Your was a fascinating one as well sierradane ;) Tweetyx yours was lovely, your main doll (But the 'disco' theme, I don't see it, do you?) but 3 dolls in the top, Uh-oh that is a problem :| I am not consciousness mean, even if I do see you in the fashion I'll vote you (your main) but not your others! ;) Pathetic the one on the top now: Lil-xp the leggings are above the dress...
If this stupidenest contiune to observe, then I'll stop the FS. ;)

#18 2011-06-11 05:11:25

Ancien joueur tweetyx
Guests

born2bstar wrote:

I hope you people aren't talking about me ;) haha. As you can see I have registered with one doll. The only dollz that caught my eye was... actually it wasn't only a doll  conceivably twins! Yes twins (ha); Unii and Otherunicorn. You know, while I was about to vote for Unii in the fashion show, my relative walked by and said  "Wow!, that was one of an  comparable outfit that I wearied on my first dico back then on that doll, don't tell me your not voting for her because you definitively should!" and to top that she didn't even know that the theme was dico!  Your was a fascinating one as well sierradane ;) Tweetyx yours was lovely, your main doll (But the 'disco' theme, I don't see it, do you?) but 3 dolls in the top, Uh-oh that is a problem :| I am not consciousness mean, even if I do see you in the fashion I'll vote you (your main) but not your others! ;) Pathetic the one on the top now: Lil-xp the leggings are above the dress...
If this stupidenest contiune to observe, then I'll stop the FS. ;)

Thanks, but still if it's the best for all of you i'll even tell them to stop voting my main and my alt it won't happen again. ? quoi Maybe I'll stop the fashion show myself.

Have a great day! x

#19 2011-06-11 10:50:21

gothgirluni
Members

tweetyx wrote:

Also Yarlyna, I didn't knew you can't enter with the amount of three dollz, I have read the rules but I might forgotten that part, but in the future it wouldn't happen again.

You can enter with 3 dolls if you wish. Even I do that. I removed the rule about you entering only one doll. It really didn't make sense with us all having so many dolls.

I also don't see any problem with people voting for their friend's dolls - if that doll is on theme. I do get annoyed when someone that cannot remotely be considered to be on theme (a mermaid for the royal wedding???) gets a lot of votes.

I also get annoyed when the screen contains three identical off-theme outfits that came from the last adventure or gift!

And remember people, if you don't like who is at the top of the rankings, vote for a while. Leave a second window open with the fashion show in it, and have a vote between your emails, or whatever. Sometimes I'll put in a couple hours of voting for all on theme dolls, just to push the off-theme ones off the top 15.

#20 2011-06-11 11:41:16

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

tweetyx wrote:

Also Yarlyna, I didn't knew you can't enter with the amount of three dollz, I have read the rules but I might forgotten that part, but in the future it wouldn't happen again.

Please quote where I said it was against the rules!!! Or where I said you shouldn't do it!!! Most people have more than 1 doll, I see nothing wrong with it at all! And as gothgirl said, when you're voting & your doll comes up & is honestly the best, then vote for her!

I was making an observation about who was in the top 15 & didn't name any names! I had/have been voting for 2 of your dolls a lot! You usually have dolls in the fashion show that I like a lot. If you feel attacked I'm sorry! The doll I was talking abt previously winning in 1st & 3rd place wasn't you.

Last edited by yarlyna (2011-06-12 12:00:15)

#21 2011-06-12 03:06:10

Ancien joueur tweetyx
Guests

yarlyna wrote:

tweetyx wrote:

Please quote where I said it was against the rules!!! Or where I said you shouldn't do it!!! Most people have more than 1 doll, I see nothing wrong with it at all! And as gothgirl said, when you're voting & your doll comes up & is honestly the best, then vote for her!

Sorry, it wasn't you. I checked Snortmort page and somehow got confused and posted on this topic to think it was yours. Sorry.  This year, Ohmydollz fashion show is just to much arguing. Sorry and thanks Yarlyna. :)

Last edited by tweetyx (2011-06-12 05:05:00)

#22 2011-06-12 06:10:04

gothgirluni
Members

tweetyx wrote:

This year, Ohmydollz fashion show is just to much arguing.

That would make it just like a real one, wouldn't it? 

#23 2011-06-12 07:37:51

Ancien joueur tweetyx
Guests

gothgirluni wrote:

That would make it just like a real one, wouldn't it? 

I guess :)

Last edited by tweetyx (2011-06-12 07:39:14)

#24 2011-06-12 10:38:46

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Didn't I read somewhere (at one time) that because so many people didnt want to have to be forced to dress up in a specific style that it wouldnt be enforced??   

Its obviously bothering a few people that take the time to dress up on theme when others arent.  And have seen comments from a mod asking girls why they aren't dressed on theme...    Anyway,  if its going to be a big deal then make it a rule that you have to dress on theme.  Cause honestly, im gonna get tired of reading everyone complain month after month when girls don't dress on theme.

-- On another note,  its getting to be confusing with what we can do and cant do.. 

As for voting for your own doll - the cheats are going to do it no matter what we say, so if you see your own doll, and she's the best on the screen, vote for her

Isnt this voting for yourself?  Which is against the rules...  Which is probably why there was the old rule of only having one doll in the fashion show.

Some consistency here would be nice.  Can the "Rule-Makers" please take the time to think of rules & then actually stick with them please..  And not change them when it becomes convienent for them to do so. 

*stepsoffsoapbox*

#25 2011-06-12 11:10:16

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

I totally agree with your statement. To make sure those who deserve to win, do win, I often vote, but with the disco...Sadly there aren't many people who put effort in.
Although some argue that there are no disco outfits, there are plenty of 'ABBA' kinds of things, you just need to look. :) For example:

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/4704.png
Amethyst, Dresses, Page 1
http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/4815.png
Tia, Dresses, Page 1

Last edited by angel923 (2011-06-12 11:10:39)

Board footer