You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-07-05 10:08:41

gothgirluni
Members

Fashion show reviews etc.: Dots

And our first two entries ... don't have a single dot on their outfits.
Bangs head repeatedly against wall.

Tries to dress a doll in dots...
Bangs head repeatedly against wall.

And don't buy those lovely pink green or brown dots in Aquaville. Even though they are listed as accessories, they will not stick to your doll. Kicks self for buying 8 of the things.

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#2 2011-07-05 11:23:22

shutupandletmego
Members

Re: Fashion show reviews etc.: Dots

I have some dots in dress mdr

#3 2011-07-05 17:04:55

Ancien joueur geekgirl
Guests

Same :3
----
Many of them have NO dots. I like Fairykisses ^.^ Great job! :D

Last edited by geekgirl (2011-07-05 17:28:51)

#4 2011-07-05 18:38:52

evadiva
Members

I'm all dotty too :)
Just as for the stripy fashion show the amount of people not in theme is incredible!!!

#5 2011-07-05 18:53:16

eadwynn
Members

I agonised over this theme as I did with the stripes one, dots are not fun! I've just sat for around forty minutes re-logging to be able to refresh the FS entrants and I've seen a mere handful with any dots at all on their outfits.

I suppose I'll do the same as I did last week; vote for the on-theme doll no matter what.

#6 2011-07-07 10:58:06

Ancien joueur larette
Guests

This fashion show is ridiculous! The same group of 5 dollz who, 20 mins into the show were 50 votes ahead of the rest, are now the top 5 again! It's the same group as the music fashion show, or let's say the same person, with the same technique - she votes mostly off theme dollz so as to keep everyone's votes down!
She gets 2 dolls kind of on theme into the top 3 & then has 'guardians' in 4th & 5th, when they get voted down they shoot up again to soar 40-50 votes above everyone else. I've seen this technique a good few times in this version & the dollz are always from the same group, the clever person has lots of dollz!!! Even the names are obviously the same person! It totally ruins the game for everybody else!

There are some fabulously dotty dollz out there & they are nowhere in sight! Of course fairykisses is there, I've voted her a lot myself, but she's there because she actually said something abt the goings on! Look at the other dolls. I spent hours voting only the really dotty girls & number 4 & 5 got knocked off the top 15 atleast. But I knew that logging back in today they'd b right back up there again well ahead of anybody else!

#7 2011-07-07 12:17:44

Ancien joueur o-0
Guests

This might be off theme, but may..may I just ask what happened to the old OMD (& MDD) fashion show style. Where they were a list of the dollz by the side? When dollz didn't have any-theme? Was there a techinaccly problem with that one?// Did they just renew it?  Don't get me wrong, I..I just..  I don't think I like this one, I mean the new contents are beautiful but the .... fighting & voting! A little explanation would answer my question, thanks..

Last edited by o-0 (2011-07-07 12:22:25)

#8 2011-07-07 12:57:58

Ancien joueur yarlyna
Guests

I don't see any fighting, in fact I've never seen people actually fighting here, sometimes I see bickering. I see people getting frustrated & voicing their opinion, after all that's what a forum is for & that's why we have freedom of speech. Nobody saying anything is way worse!

I have to agree that every 2 or 3 fashion shows I see the same 'group' way ahead of everybody else. Don't tell me nobody else has noticed it....

& even if there were no theme these dollz would still do their voting 'technique' of voting the horrible dollz & they would still make people angry. It's not the off-theme that annoy me so much, it's the voting of 1 or 2 people that does.
I think that from now on I'm going to wait a day to enter the contest, if I see any dollz belonging to that 1 person then I just won't enter.

#9 2011-07-07 13:25:22

Ancien joueur bunnies
Guests

hmmm lets saay about 5 % in the top 15 are on theme! helloo this is a call for disaster!!!!!!!!!!!! you see, in my life in omd! i only entered one fashion show and then quitted!!! and I would never ever dream of going back again. so in the 15 I only see FAIRYKISSES (;3) and tweetyx and.... no no those two are only in the top 15 with the dots! fairykisses yours is wooooonderful, just creative with the swimsuit. you get my votes EVERYTIME!  ;) and tweetyx i liked the dress (so much dots) and it's the only one being weared with makes you unique.. :3

This is my dreamwish: could feerik please put the rules in the french omd to this one as well pleur

#10 2011-07-08 10:05:43

Ancien joueur larette
Guests

I think these outfits are great, full of dots, original & they all deserve to be in the top 15 - astonmartins, jadefarnill, loves-colors, evadiva, tiiffanii3, fairykisses, cocobelle, valyeria, yarlyna, eadwynn

#11 2011-07-13 08:18:48

fashionstorm
Members

So I have been voting on the Fashion Show for like 1 hr or more now... and I just get tired of pressing the refresh button to get new dollz to vote for because i keep finding, boring non imaginative and specially not colorful - fireworks like dressings..

I was hoping to find a very interesting show this week since the rules were:
(quote)
The task is simple: I need to wear an outfit with tons of beautiful colors!

Be explosive, flashy and colorful just like a firework!

I dont know if i can post pictures or not..but just in case u r interested..visit my loft and look at the picture i posted of wat i keep finding in the show. ( or if im allowed i will post it here.. )

ty

Last edited by fashionstorm (2011-07-13 08:19:39)

#12 2011-07-13 11:24:34

gothgirluni
Members

I know what you are saying - lots of dolls in lovely BLACK and WHITE or single colored outfits - or single colored outfits with a few swirly ribbons around them. Pffft. When I was on a few hours ago, the top spots were colorful. Now they are .....
I feel the pain of the poor people who put in the effort.

And no, even though Unii is colorful, I did NOT put in a serious effort.

#13 2011-07-13 17:22:05

evadiva
Members

I even see a doll in the top 15 dressed just as she was last week! And as for last week's fashion show & the voting! What a farce! Well, for now I'm opting out of the fashion show & waiting for September when the hols are over to see if hopefully things will have improved mang

Last edited by evadiva (2011-07-13 17:24:38)

#14 2011-07-13 18:26:30

sajah
Members

I really am dissapointed at the current placers as well. I atleast tried to make my outfit colourful(and somewhat flashy) with my limited budget, and alot of others who placed during the first hours were very colourful too, and now....the top placers are all wearing onemain color honte. All I see is Fairykisses and Mikomi who are colorful. That is really sad.

#15 2011-07-14 01:38:14

gothgirluni
Members

At the moment the top listing appears to have been taken over by voting syndicates, and is no longer relevant. Once again I have let Feerik know my feelings about this farce. I am no longer going to waste my time participating.

#16 2011-07-14 03:27:32

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

gothgirluni wrote:

At the moment the top listing appears to have been taken over by voting syndicates, and is no longer relevant. Once again I have let Feerik know my feelings about this farce. I am no longer going to waste my time participating.

Hopefully something gets done.   I don't waste money on outfits for the fashion show, just throw on something from whatever I already have.   It doesnt even seem to matter if the winning outfits are all that great anymore (much less on theme) I'm pretty convinced people are spending time voting for themselves or their friends..

I also know that its just random, and I dont know how else they would be able to do it.. but I spent a lot of time voting today (trying to at least keep the on theme girls in the top spots..)  Anyway, out of the 5 or 6 hours I spent voting, I only saw Fairykisses (who I think should be winning btw) once the whole time.. and Barbies outfit more like 15 or so (I remember it came up 3 times in a row..)

#17 2011-07-14 08:33:00

gothgirluni
Members

cocobelle wrote:

I also know that its just random, and I dont know how else they would be able to do it.. but I spent a lot of time voting today (trying to at least keep the on theme girls in the top spots..)  Anyway, out of the 5 or 6 hours I spent voting, I only saw Fairykisses (who I think should be winning btw) once the whole time.. and Barbies outfit more like 15 or so (I remember it came up 3 times in a row..)

"Random" unfortunately does not mean "equal". I have voted for a lot more than 5-6 hours and found it does more or less round out between players. More or less. It won't ever be perfect. I too have found I won't see a doll for hours, and will see another many times - and even so, that doll has not advanced into the top 15 when I voted for it every time. Still, I do wish they used a sequential formula so everyone got the same exposure, or at the very least rated them on the number of votes versus the number of times a doll is seen.

Voting for yourself has the exact same problem - maybe you see your doll 15 times in an hour, or maybe (and most likely) you will only see her once or twice. It's when whole gangs of friends ban together and vote that it gets skewed. Unfortunately that is impossible to stop. At least once they win once, that doll is out of the competition. Hopefully they won't have a whole heap of dolls they wish to win with.

#18 2011-07-14 10:51:37

evadiva
Members

gothgirluni wrote:

I couldn't agree with you more. At the end of the day these 'voting syndicates' can't be stopped & I think the only way forward for the rest of us is to hope that Feerik will implement the same system as the French version where their judges choose the best 10 from the top 50.
Sometimes I wonder how it would be not being able to see the classification! or if they take away the prize money! I'm happy when I appear in the top 15, it's a matter of pride knowing that people have voted my outfit, I'm not interested in winning $$$ & as a consequence I don't get these girls completely runing the FS each time just to get their greedy mitts on $15 & $30 in 2nd & 3rd place!

I & several other friends have decided to opt out of the FS for now. I'll keep voting the good dollz in the FS & watching the 'cheaters' - a list of dollz that a few of us suspect & every fashion show names on our list do seem to put in an appearance in the top 5.

Anyway good luck to all the honest dollz out there!

#19 2011-07-14 11:15:24

fashionstorm
Members

The spanish version of this game has their way to stop the non theme dollz from winning in the FS.
Due to this same problem they decided to temporary block the account of the players who didnt follow the theme of the FS and then procede to remove the doll from the FS. I'm sure it takes them a while to be looking around the FS to find the players who didnt follow the rules, but its worth it.

Board footer