You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-07-19 19:51:20

asuchan
Members

海の日 (Umi no hi) special event!

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/uminohi.jpg

Hooray! Im making my second event this year!!

Allright, this event starts with the celebration of Umi no hi (海の日) known as 'Ocean Day' or 'Sea Day'. It is a Japanese national holiday celebrated on the third Monday in July, this year was celebrated the 18th of this moth. Then what im looking for is for a very creative diva who can create her own style in any kind of place.
Yes! there will be rounds! how many? depends on how many divas get into this contest! Yes! anyone can join! The prizes?
1st Place: 3 game gifts, a special drawing made by me, 3 sketches and 20 votes
2nd Place: 2 Game gifts, a special drawing made by me, 2 sketches and 10 votes
3rd Place: 1 Game gift, a special drawing made by me, 1 sketch and 5 votes
However thats not all!
In every round the divas who gets more points will win special surprices, for every round the surprices will change! Also all the divas who sign in will get an special sketch of your diva! And between the ones leave us will be raffle a special surprice! Also for the divas who pass for the next round it will be raffle 1 game gift! So every round you win! Even if you are no longer in the competition you wont leave empty handed! The game gifts will be given at the end of the event or when you leave the competition.

Divas that have joined!

1. Yoana17 (Narutogirl03) *
2. Hollymoua (Minkholly) *
3. Iklovech *
4. Arlekinlain *
5. Mikeyla96 (Dyenutza) *
6. Lolita-elenita (Loulou-eleni) *
7. Pinkypocky (Chocopocky) *
8. Caitln *
9. Ramonna (Aqualady) *
10. Sparklehearts *
11. Faechild86 *
12. Zoey900 *
13. Poptartparty *
14. Historygeek (Historygeek6) *
15. Juliana3mmy *
16. Moi-meme-moitie(Lamentful-miss) *
17. Saffirelle (Ariderey) *
18. Lilutza *
19. Tweetyx (Fort-Spin) *
20. Meribella (Marabell) *
21. Leafheart (Little-leaf) *
22. Misscutie167 *

The divas who are ready for every rounf will have an icon at the end of their name. Yes! you can join with an alternative account, and prizes will be deliver to you main if you want! Also you can change of account for the rounds!
PLZ! Do not post entryes here!!! I will take the pictures myself! Thanks!

Rules!
1. Do not copy from other divas
2. Can not join more than one account (you have to tell me your main and say if you will join with an alt that can be change)
3. You have to be an active player (if you do not respond to pms for sketches or surprices or game gifts wont reaceive any)
4. Do not be mean to the other contestants
5. Be ready in the days that are posted (if you are not ready on time will not be taken in consideration, you can change after i take your picture)

ROUND 1: Umi no hi celebration!

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/a0100782_12382068-300x201.jpg

Create the perfect outfit for this image! Its Umi no hi! Put on the perfect beach costume!
You have until the 28th of July to join and be ready!

ROUND 2: Obon celebration!

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/obon12.jpg

First of all i wanna thank to all the divas who joined this contest! And well here are the results! Divas who pass to the next round:
-Ramonna * - Obon odori -
-Arlekinlain * - Obon odori -
-Yoana17 (Narutogirl03)* - Maudgalyayana -
-Meribella (Meribelle)* - Obon odori -
-Lolita-elenita - Maudgalyayana -
-Sparklehearts * - Obon odori -
-Faechild86
-Moi-meme-moitie (Lamentfulmiss)* - Obon odori -
-Misscutie147
-Iklovech * - Obon odori -
-Mikeyla96 (Dyenutza)* - Obon odori -
-Caitln (Catln)* - Obon odori -
-Saffirelle (Saffirelle000)* - Obon odori -
-Zoey900 * - Obon odori -
-Poptartparty (Kimonochan)* - Obon odori -
-Tweetyx (Jawahir)* - Maudgalyayana -

Now...what is obon celebration about? The idea that July is the ghost month is tied to Obon (お盆), a Japanese Buddhist tradition to honor one’s ancestors. Held in the seventh month, Obon celebrations include a three-day holiday, festivals, the Bon-Odori, and various traditions. Although Obon today is mostly about family reunion, visiting graves, and festive fun, it has quite an origin story. Obon originated from the story of Maudgalyayana, a Buddhist monk who saves his mother from the realm of hungry ghosts. His mother had committed many atrocious acts while alive. Thus, to save his mother from her karmic sins, the Buddha told Maudgalyayana to provide food and robes for five hundred bhikkhus, who have just completed their summer retreat on July 15th. After completing this task, the mother was finally reincarnated as a human. Eventually, consistent with the themes of ancestor worship and family reunion, July 15th became a day when families would get together and deceased ancestors would visit the realm of the living for four days. Cue the carnivals, yukata, offerings, and the Bon Odori. The Bon-Odori is an inseparable part of the Obon tradition. Inspired by the dance Maudgalyayana did out of joy when he rescues his mother, people danced to show their appreciation and love for their ancestors. At the end of four days, people would send the spirits off with floating lanterns or a burning “大”. (These motifs appear quite often in anime, but I cannot seem to remember any particular scene…)*

So for this round you can choose between dressing up for obon odori, where you will have to use a kimono and where it will be judged the accesories and how creative you can be (just using a kimono wont garantie you will pass for next round); and the other choise is to dress up as Maudgalyayana, here will be judged your creativity, here is an idea of how you can dress up (i know Maudgalyayana is a budist man, thats why it will be judged you craetivity to represent this budha discipline ^^).

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/WAKIMIKO-Hakurei-Reimu-Touhou.jpg

You have until the 5th of August to be ready, however if everyone is ready before this deadline i will post results as fast as posible. During the day i will post the surprises for the girls who have pass for this next round. And it will be giving a special surprice for the ones that didnt pass: Girls tell me with which outfit you will like to have your sketch, and will get another of the outfit that you made ^^ Thank you all!

ROUND 3: Tanabata

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/TanabataLovers.png

First of all i wanna thank to all the divas who joined this contest! And well here are the results! Divas who pass to the next round:
- Faechild86 (Faechild24)*
- Meribella (Tomoyo-hime) *
- Yoana17 (Narutogirl03) *
- Ramonna *
- Saffirelle (Harumi) *
- Arlekinlain *
- Iklovech *
- Poptartparty (Tanabata)

Now...what is Tanabata? Tanabata (七夕) is a Japanese star festival. It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar.
The legend: Orihime (織姫) daughter of the Tentei (天帝), wove beautiful clothes by the bank of the Amanogawa (天の川). Her father loved the cloth that she wove and so she worked very hard every day to weave it. However, Orihime was sad that because of her hard work she could never meet and fall in love with anyone. Concerned about his daughter, Tentei arranged for her to meet Hikoboshi (彦星) who lived and worked on the other side of the Amanogawa. When the two met, they fell instantly in love with each other and married shortly thereafter. However, once married, Orihime no longer would weave cloth for Tentei and Hikoboshi allowed his cows to stray all over Heaven. In anger, Tentei separated the two lovers across the Amanogawa and forbade them to meet. Orihime became despondent at the loss of her husband and asked her father to let them meet again. Tentei was moved by his daughter’s tears and allowed the two to meet on the 7th day of the 7th month if she worked hard and finished her weaving. The first time they tried to meet, however, they found that they could not cross the river because there was no bridge. Orihime cried so much that a flock of magpies came and promised to make a bridge with their wings so that she could cross the river. It is said that if it rains on Tanabata, the magpies cannot come and the two lovers must wait until another year to meet.

What do you need to do for this round? Dress up as Orihime! As a princess I recomend that you dress up with something that even can cover your feet ^^ Also i want you to know that you cant look exactly the same as in second round! Not same dress or not same hair! Accesories that you used can be used again, no problem with that! Here a pic that can inspire you all!

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/234564.jpg

Due date? You have to be ready before August 13th! However if everyone is ready before this deadline i will post results as fast as posible. During the day i will post the surprises for the girls who have pass for this next round. Thank you all!

ROUND 4: Hanami

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/hanami2.jpg

-Ramonna*
-Meribella (Marabell)*
-Faechild86*
-Arlekinlain*
-Yoana17
-Poptartparty

Now...what is Hanami about? Hanami (花見) is the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the beauty of flowers, "flower" in this case almost always meaning cherry blossoms or ume blossoms. From the end of March to early May, sakura bloom all over Japan, and around the first of February on the island of Okinawa. The blossom forecast (桜前線) is announced each year by the weather bureau, and is watched carefully by those planning hanami as the blossoms only last a week or two. In modern-day Japan, hanami mostly consists of having an outdoor party beneath the sakura during daytime or at night. Hanami at night is called yozakura (夜桜). In many places such as Ueno Park temporary paper lanterns are hung for the purpose of yozakura. On the island of Okinawa, decorative electric lanterns are hung in the trees for evening enjoyment, such as on the trees ascending Mt. Yae, near Motobu Town, or at Nakajin Castle.

What do you have to do for this round? Dress up in the colors of Sakura (the flower)! Its free style! But in the colours of this beautiful flower! Here a pic that can give you all an idea:

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/sakuraflower.png

Due date? You will have until the 20th of August! And one more thing: in this round just three of you will pass to the next round! So create a really wonderful outfit! The 5th round will be the last one, to decide who gets first, second and third place! So good luck you all!!

LAST ROUND!

First of all, i will like to thank all the divas who have given their best until here! It was really a difficult choise to make. And so, this are the three divas who will compite in this last round!

RAMONNA!  ARLEKINLAIN! AND MERIBELLA!

CONGRATULATIONS GIRLS! So here you are, you three will have one last task, to decide who gets first, second and third place! So i have decided that this lat round topic will be: JAPAN STYLE! I recomend you three to do some research before you pick one of this category. Also if one of you chooses one, the other one can not choose it too! Here are three styles (there are other but you can just choose one from here):

KOGALS: RAMONNA
Are known for wearing platform boots, a miniskirt, copious amounts of makeup, hair coloring (usually blond), artificial suntans, and designer accessories. If in school uniform, the look typically includes skirts pinned very high and loose socks (large baggy socks that go up to the knee). Kogals' busy social lives and desire for new material goods leads them to be among the first consumers of Japanese cell phone technology, and their taste in clothes tends toward names such as Burberry scarves and Louis Vuitton handbags. Kogals spend much of their free time (and their father's income) shopping, and their culture centers around the Shibuya district of Tokyo, in particular the 109 building, although any major Japanese city is sure to have at least a small population. During the summer, kogals may sometimes be seen at the beach. They are generally not seen in high-end department stores.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/dsc05944_cms_large.jpg

GANGURO: MERIBELLA
The basic look consists of bleached hair, a deep tan, both black and white eyeliners, false eyelashes, platform shoes (usually sandals or boots), and brightly colored outfits. Also typical of the "Ganguro Gal" look are cell phones covered with purikura stickers, tie-dyed sarongs, mini-skirts, hibiscus flower hairpins, and lots of bracelets, rings and necklaces. Extreme trend followers further bleach their hair up to a platinum blond shade, get even deeper tans, wear white lipstick, multicoloured pastel eye shadows and tiny metallic or glittery adhesives around the bottom rim of the eye sockets (See Yamanba). Popular Ganguro magazines include: Egg, Popteen, and Ego System.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/ganguro_38950.jpg

GOTHIC LOLITA: ARLEKINLAIN
Gothic Lolita style is usually a combination of black and white, often black with white lace and typically decorated with ribbons and lace trims. Skirts are knee length and may have a crinoline or petticoat to add volume. As in mainstream Japanese fashion, over-knee socks or stockings are extremely popular. Black fishnet stockings and white or black tights are also common. Shoes or boots with high heels - though not usually stiletto heels - such as Mary Janes, complete the look. Frilly, ruffled or lace-trimmed Victorian blouses are also popular especially with "EGL" types, who may also favour long skirts and jackets rather than the overtly "childish" designs of typical gothloli's. Apart from the occasional shortness of skirts, designs are usually modest, sometimes with long lace-capped sleeves.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/normal_harajuku_IMG_7227.jpg

DUE DATE? I know that right now everyone is over the last adventure and using DB on them, so i have decided that you will have until the 4th September, to have your outfit ready! However if you three finish up before i will give results as soon as I can! I hope you three enjoy this last round! So hurry up and choose one of this categories! Best of luck for you three!! And for the divas who havent reach this last round, dont worry you will receive a special award! ^^ And so see you soon!

BTW, i will be delivering soon all your surprices of all the rounds you have taken part in! So sorry for taking so long, but university has started and my job too, and im having a difficult time to get free time! I will PM you with the links so you can get your surprises!

RESULTS!

It has being really difficult to decide! The three of you made a wonderful job a round this contest! Thanks so much for making this contest possible! So...
Fisrt place: Ramonna
Second Place: Arlekinlain
Third Place: Meribella
I will open up a new post with all the surprises, and leave a pic of the best of every round! Also will pm you asking for which game gifts you will want. Finally, as im having a lot of fun making drawins for the winners, i have decided that you will have two drawings each of you (let me know with which outfit you will want it to be made) and will make 2 raffles!! Yes two groups: one group with the divas who leave the competition in first and second round, and the other with the divas who left the competition in third and fourth round! Hope u all had fun!!! In one month i will make a new contest hope you all can join! Have a wonderful start of the week!

GO TO THE NEW POST, AND SO THIS TOPIC CAN BE CLOSE!

applau Have lots of fun girls!applau

Last edited by asuchan (2011-09-04 19:28:34)

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/asuchan88/bannerfans_476107-1.jpg

#2 2011-07-19 20:05:38

Ancien joueur yoana17
Guests

Re: 海の日 (Umi no hi) special event!

Can i join with my alternative account: Narutogirl03? By the way she is ready for round 1 in loft.

Last edited by yoana17 (2011-07-19 20:06:15)

#3 2011-07-19 21:30:32

hollymoua
Members

can my alt join: (minkholly) * she is ready*
and the prize go to my main if i win?

#4 2011-07-19 21:36:10

asuchan
Members

hollymoua wrote:

can my alt join: (minkholly) * she is ready*
and the prize go to my main if i win?

Sure your price can go to your main account, and also you can change of diva if you pass for the next round.
*Both of you have being added*

#5 2011-07-19 21:37:18

iklovech
Members

I'll like to join?

#6 2011-07-19 21:46:12

asuchan
Members

iklovech wrote:

I'll like to join?

Sure ^^ you are in. Just tell me when your diva is ready, room or if you will use an alt account ^^

#7 2011-07-19 22:55:05

arlekinlain
Members
Website

I wish join :) I let you know when my costume ready ^^

#8 2011-07-19 23:50:40

asuchan
Members

arlekinlain wrote:

I wish join :) I let you know when my costume ready ^^

Thanks for joining! ^^ dont worry you still have lot of time ^^

#9 2011-07-20 09:02:53

mikeyla96
Chat moderator

I wanna join with dyenutza :D I`ll let you know when my outfit is ready :D

http://i51.tinypic.com/vywoso.png
If we start believing in some supernatural witchy-woo legend from a picture book, we're idiots...

#10 2011-07-20 09:05:14

lilutza
Members

I'd like to join with this acc :)

They should make a website with youtube, twitter, and facebook combined. It will be called "You Twit Face"

#11 2011-07-20 10:17:57

lolita-elenita
Members

I want to join at the first round with my alternative account : loulou-eleni.!!
later i will join with my main.!

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc412/Eleni_Supergirl/ala.gif

#12 2011-07-20 11:09:46

Ancien joueur pinkypocky
Guests

Can I join?
I'm done in my alternate account Chocopocky ^^

#13 2011-07-20 12:39:56

caitln
Members

Hey =] i'm in =D just my main account CAITLN

#14 2011-07-20 15:02:13

ramonna
Members

I would like to join...for this round with my alt acc Aqualady...Thnx!...will let you know when my outfit will be ready..

http://oi54.tinypic.com/rkmutw.jpg

#15 2011-07-20 16:15:36

sparklehearts
Members

May i join?? my doll is ready in the beach room

http://i51.tinypic.com/28vg45g.jpg

#16 2011-07-20 18:50:53

faechild86
Members

I'll join in with my faechild86 account. This is looking like a wonderful contest, thank you for hosting!applau

http://i.imgur.com/eRugvHD.png

#17 2011-07-20 19:35:24

asuchan
Members

all of you have being added good luck! good

#18 2011-07-20 19:43:01

zoey900
Members
Website

i would like to join and i am ready

http://i.imgur.com/uKyqdwi.png

#19 2011-07-20 22:04:55

asuchan
Members

zoey900 wrote:

i would like to join and i am ready

thanks so much for joining! good luck!

BTW all of you will get a special surprise for joining! ^^ will be deliver today and tomorrow!

#20 2011-07-21 01:50:17

historygeek
Members

I would like to join - but not sure which doll yet. I will post on this page later.

#21 2011-07-21 07:49:32

asuchan
Members

historygeek wrote:

I would like to join - but not sure which doll yet. I will post on this page later.

Sure no problem good

#22 2011-07-21 08:28:18

mikeyla96
Chat moderator

I entered with dyenutza, not lilutza XD

http://i51.tinypic.com/vywoso.png
If we start believing in some supernatural witchy-woo legend from a picture book, we're idiots...

#23 2011-07-21 11:59:35

juliana3mmy
Members

Wow nice contest, may I join please?star

Beautiful comes from inside >3
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x371/cutie_kitty1/juliana3mmy.jpg

#24 2011-07-21 16:15:48

iklovech
Members

Outfit done in the beach room