You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-09-07 04:21:42

Ancien joueur wala
Guests

Disaster Show

I think the fashion show this week is a total disaster, what'dya think?
I mean a lot..ok ok, some of the dollz about 65% are out of theme.
But that doesn't frustrate me much like the score board does!!
I mean, come on! this is just worst then last weeks.. or is it?
I just want to know what you think?

I hope some of you can do a fashion show review for this week :\
just post it below

thank you

honte

#2 2011-09-07 11:13:09

batsap
Members

Re: Disaster Show

It's probably because not many people know what the theme is this week for the fashion show. I haven't seen it posted up anywhere 'official'.

#3 2011-09-07 21:34:04

Ancien joueur geekgirl
Guests

The theme is back to school. I tried my best. :D

#4 2011-09-08 05:24:17

Ancien joueur born2bstar
Guests

batsap wrote:

It's probably because not many people know what the theme is this week for the fashion show. I haven't seen it posted up anywhere 'official'.

True, I agree with Batsap. That's one reason why at least about 5% (not 65% !) are out of the theme because it wasn't pillared and the rest of the 95% are in-theme (capacity because they came aboard to the forum to check for the riposte which I think was answered by  player or visited another version of OhMyDollz where the theme could necessary be found)

Wala wrote:

I think the fashion show this week is a total disaster, what'dya think?
I mean a lot..ok ok, some of the dollz about 65% are out of theme.
But that doesn't frustrate me much like the score board does!!
I mean, come on! this is just worst then last weeks.. or is it?
I just want to know what you think?

It wasn't a disaster at all! >.< That's a bit harsh to say when everyone tried their best!
The scoreboard looks OK to me, couldn't frustrate at all.
And what was wrong with Last Week Show?
But I think all, and when I meant all, I meant 'All' are in theme. ;)
Here's my reason.
You know how the theme is 'Back To School' so you wear school uniform, right?
Well the majority of people did an exceptional job at that!
And if you've seen a insufficient people (again, not 65%!) that aren't in a 'Back To School' wear it's strictly because maybe there RL school doesn't require uniform so they have free clothing  every-time that might be the source, which I think is alright :)
Also, you might have seen some dressed in sporting or leisurewear clothing with some sports gear and that IS 'Back To School' wear.. whats a school deprived of sport? I think in most of schools with uniform have a sport gear which I believe is called 'PE Gear' PE stands for physical education.   

geekgirl wrote:

The theme is back to school. I tried my best. :D

Yours was beautiful and well-on theme, you deserve a vote(s) from me. :)
I guess all of the players who entered this week fashion tried their best and being creative with their costume :))

Wala wrote:

I hope some of you can do a fashion show review for this week :\

Here's my point of view.
They were all good.

Last edited by born2bstar (2011-09-08 05:37:05)

#5 2011-09-08 12:02:04

evadiva
Members

Well, I think as per usual there are a lot not in theme.
As to wala's post, I looked at when she posted it & the classification was obviously different then. When I logged on yesterday morning there were a lot of off theme dollz in the classification, so I agree it wasn't great.
I don't know what gala dresses (evening dresses) have to do with going to school & there are an awful lot of them this week. There are also wings, axes, some people who are dressed as they were last week. A Back to School fashion show should be school inspired, it should make me think about school. Where I live there are no school uniforms but my outfit nonetheless should hopefully make you think of school. I based my outfit on a French private school look which I got from a cartoon my 3yr old watches in the morning. :D
Most people don't have the classical school uniform, that would make for a very boring FS. But their outfits are definitely school inspired which I believe was this week's challenge ;)
When voting I'm looking for students & teachers from both school & uni.
A great entry I've seen (not here) is the School Nurse!

Some of my favourites are amincale, gypsy-rose, midnightmoon & geekgirl.

Last edited by evadiva (2011-09-08 12:05:05)

#6 2011-09-08 12:33:38

sierradane
Members

Maybe the "gala" gowns are left over from the last fashion show (they didn't bother with changing their outfit)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

Board footer