You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-11-02 17:37:07

asder7887
Members

whats your favourite disney heroine?

who is your favourite disney heroine,do you think they should be added to the magic cupboards?

#2 2011-11-02 23:20:15

rosered86
Members

Re: whats your favourite disney heroine?

I love the three good fairies from Sleeping Beauty.

#3 2011-11-04 21:16:48

therealrose
Members

I love Mulan, she's alredy there. Though I do think that maybe instead of a princess they could add a minnie mouse outfit.

http://i41.tinypic.com/dwdg0w.png

#4 2011-11-06 02:57:19

rosered86
Members

therealrose wrote:

I love Mulan, she's alredy there. Though I do think that maybe instead of a princess they could add a minnie mouse outfit.

Oh that be cute! I'd love to have mouse ears!

#5 2011-11-06 04:21:40

historygeek
Members

I have to agree - Minnie Mouse and maybe Daisy Duck would be cute.
My favorite Disney heroine is Belle - and she's there.

Last edited by historygeek (2011-11-06 04:22:08)

#6 2011-11-06 12:39:23

batsap
Members

Aurora from Sleeping Beauty is my favourite... she's in the magic cupboards I think.
One of the films has a really pretty evil-witch lady, too. It's either Sleeping Beauty or Snow White. She has this elegant dress... It would be nice to have that as an option maybe.
And I second the having Minnie Mouse outfits! And Daisy Duck. That would be so cute!

#7 2011-11-06 23:43:59

Ancien joueur auroria
Guests

My personal favorite is Mulan to be honest.

The storyline of her movie is great, although not my favorite, compared to the real classics. I just love her because of her personality within the movie.

I don't know if they already have her, but I think Anastasia would make a great appearance here.

#8 2011-11-07 02:39:38

historygeek
Members

auroria wrote:

I don't know if they already have her, but I think Anastasia would make a great appearance here.

They might not put her in because she isn't a 'Disney' princess.  (I forget what company did that cartoon.)

Although it would be nice to have a Russian Princess.

#9 2011-11-07 22:25:19

Ancien joueur auroria
Guests

Anastasia isn't a Disney princess? *facepalm* No wonder I always get confused with Fox cartoons.

^This^

#10 2011-11-08 08:47:01

orangemaid
Members

Interesting question here,

I mean I certainly wouldn't consider the Three Fairies to have been heroines, but really they are.

But then, I have a hard time picking a favorite anything.

I have to stop and remember, it is not my favorite singer (or songs) -> Mulan, Ariel, Pocahontas and Tia. It's not how much I identify with a character -> Belle. It's not who I watched the most -> Cinderella.

It's who I think is my favorite heroine. it's which ladies do I think do the best to overcome their circumstances.

Too my surprise, they(a tie) aren't princess.
Or even human.

My favorite heroines are Lady and Miss Bianca, from Lady and the Tramp and The Rescuers(plus sequels) respectively.

Actually my first thought was just Lady, which considering I'm generally afraid of dogs is an odd exception. And it isn't like she is heroic in the traditional sense, and a lot of her character is natural for her species, so I had to ask myself 'why'. And while I quickly ran through the list of princesses, none of them stood above Lady, so I tried to remember other female leads, but couldn't remember any distinct leads from AristoCats, 101 Dalmatians or Bambi off the top of my head, there was also Dumbo's mother but again a small role; but Rescuers... Oh how I wanted to be like Miss Bianca as a kid, even if the Rescuers wasn't an absolute favorite.

Perhaps some of my choices are old fashioned, but I think modern society disregards how strong some women can be in more passive roles. But both of my choices demonstrate a level of refinement that I can respect about their characters.

A lot of modern storytelling relies on the 'overcoming our flaws' as a driving part of a tale. I'm pretty sure it is done so the watchers can 'identify' with the characters. I'm sorry but to me a heroine should be a role model, someone I look up to, want to be like, etc. Yes real people have flaws, we can't match the ideals, but as long as a person understands that, there is nothing wrong with striving towards an ideal as something we can forever keep working towards.

But as for those identifiable character flaws, I found it to be incredibly obvious in The Princess and the Frog(why do I think I have that title wrong??).Among the other more 'recent' animations: Ariel just rushed right in to the contract with Ursula, Jasmine ran away from the palace, Belle wouldn't let herself understand the villagers and looked down on them a bit. I can't say I remember Pocahontas well, though I loved the songs, but the movie was highly inaccurate historically I believe. Mulan was also really inaccurate, but her character growth wasn't so much character flaws as self-confidence (and physical coordination). Jane from Tarzan would almost be a favorite I think,

Umm... Do they have to be animated heroines???

Because I now want to add Mary Poppins from of course Mary Poppins and Mrs. Robinson and Roberta from Swiss Family Robinson.

At least I've noted a trend in my own favorites, their personalities match the time periods (which might be why Jane doesn't quite make favorite). But all the ladies I've mentioned are of strong character, who find ways to thrive in uncertain situations (as much as that can apply to Mary Poppins),  gracious, poised, open-minded, etc.

So- Lady, Miss Bianca, Mary Poppins, Mrs. Robinson and Roberta.

Now, just who am I forgetting...

PS. Miss Bianca might count as Russian, but probably not. Her hat and muffler however were of similar style.

Last edited by orangemaid (2011-11-10 10:06:09)

#11 2011-11-08 23:05:04

rosered86
Members

Ohh Mary Poppins would be fun.

#12 2011-11-13 00:05:10

kerily
Members

historygeek wrote:

They might not put her in because she isn't a 'Disney' princess.  (I forget what company did that cartoon.)

The wardrobe's name is actually "The Princesses". So i'm assuming that its not only the Disney princesses  because they added the princess from the Mario game (i think she's from Mario). So I actually do think that they would put  a Russian Princess (Anastasia)

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/windowwatcher/kerily_signature-1.png

#13 2011-11-14 09:16:54

rarity
the undying
Website

I think they should add Megara from Hercules. She's not a 'princess', but neither is Mulan.

Mulan will always be my favourite, though. :)

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#14 2011-12-01 22:07:51

orangemaid
Members

rarity wrote:

I think they should add Megara from Hercules.

Out of curiosity, is that just for the fashion or because you think she is a heroine?

If you think she is a heroine, why do you think so? What makes you respect her as a hero?

Technically, going by archetypes, I think Megara qualifies as an anti-hero(ine). That however is completely different than respecting someone as a personal hero/role-model, so I'm not trying to knock anyone's choice.

But Also... the topic was "favorite Disney heroines", not who should be in the Princess Wardrobe. Of course nothing says it can't be both   It wasn't my original topic, but I always like to know why people select their answers.

#15 2011-12-05 08:52:43

rarity
the undying
Website

orangemaid wrote:

rarity wrote:

Out of curiosity, is that just for the fashion or because you think she is a heroine?

If you think she is a heroine, why do you think so? What makes you respect her as a hero?

Technically, going by archetypes, I think Megara qualifies as an anti-hero(ine). That however is completely different than respecting someone as a personal hero/role-model, so I'm not trying to knock anyone's choice.

But Also... the topic was "favorite Disney heroines", not who should be in the Princess Wardrobe. Of course nothing says it can't be both   It wasn't my original topic, but I always like to know why people select their answers.

I think she should be a heroine. Although she made bad choices, she did eventually make the right ones in the end. Not everyone is perfect and makes the right decisions first up, you need to make mistakes to learn to make the right ones.

I personally respect Megara because she didn't go all gooey-eyed at Hercules when she first met him. (I know this isn't the case with some of the princesses) It's just something about Meg that I like... She just seems a bit more intelligent and independent than other female protagonists.

And the first post did state whether they should be added to the magic cupboards.

asder7887 wrote:

who is your favourite disney heroine,do you think they should be added to the magic cupboards?

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#16 2011-12-05 13:25:59

shutupandletmego
Members

rarity wrote:

orangemaid wrote:

rarity wrote:

I think she should be a heroine. Although she made bad choices, she did eventually make the right ones in the end. Not everyone is perfect and makes the right decisions first up, you need to make mistakes to learn to make the right ones.

I personally respect Megara because she didn't go all gooey-eyed at Hercules when she first met him. (I know this isn't the case with some of the princesses) It's just something about Meg that I like... She just seems a bit more intelligent and independent than other female protagonists.

And the first post did state whether they should be added to the magic cupboards.

asder7887 wrote:

Personally I respect Meg as heroine. Ok, at first she was anti-heroine but at the end she saved (weak) Hercules life so he can get his power back.

#17 2011-12-10 22:15:32

Ancien joueur fairyspark
Guests

I like all these ideas! Sorry, I'm not a quoter, takes too long.

I like the idea of Lady, even if she isn't a princess (or maybe even a heroine), but maybe an outfit with the colors of Lady would be cute. You could have several shades of brown and blue as a dress and then have a necklace in the shape of her collar, and even have Tramp as a side pet like Ariel and Pocahontas.

The idea of Megara is nice. Like someone has said, she wasn't really the good *girl* at first. But because of Hercules and his influence on her as a hero and a romantic lover, she learned she would have to change her ways in order to be with him. This then caused her to save Hercules, even though she risked her own life which killed her until Hercules saved her. You could have her and then that goat character as her side *pet* (not really).

Going back to animals, Miss Bianca could be like Lady with an outfit similar to her natural colors including the hat and gloves. Her side pet could be the dragonfly.

I do have to say that I love the idea of Anastasia!! Even if she isn't a Disney princess, she is my absolute favorite princess of any movie; that or she's tied with Rapunzel from Tangled. The only thing I am indecisive on, is which dress should be her prize dress. Should it be her blue dress that she wears to the show or her dress she wears when she fights Rasputin?

Board footer