You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-12-12 17:17:53

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

OhMyGames: Missing Tokens

Although I had hoped that OhMyGames tokens being incorrectly deducted (always when playing the free Twist game, in my experience) was a glitch that had been fixed... I have lost tokens on multiple accounts in the last couple days.  Some of these "vanishing" tokens result in my token balance being too low to play the Jackpot game (which requires increments of three).

I provided screenshots to document this problem in this post (http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=3783 ), with no response.  I would have added this to that thread, but there is a rule against double posting... and an update to my existing post would not bump this thread, so it would go unnoticed by moderators or admin... resulting in no reply.

n0regrets wrote:
My biggest bug complaint would be missing tokens.  I have at least two accounts where a single token has mysteriously "vanished"... perhaps more.  As I have decided to save my tokens for replays to help me reach a ticket goal/boutique item, I don't really pay attention to them... so I was quite surprised to notice some missing.

cocobelle wrote:
Same thing happened to me as n0regrets,  I had a token missing today & I know I hadn't used any of them yet..

Perhaps since this is a specific bug, and the original thread addressed many glitches, a separate post is appropriate... especially since the problem continues.

montr ***The Twist "play" screen just before starting my free game (10 tokens):

http://i43.tinypic.com/2v2hc9g.jpg

1)  The adventure countdown timer showing 0d, 9h, 30m, 14s remaining.
2)  My Token balance prior to clicking "play"... 10 tokens.
3)  The "lighted" Twist icon indicating my daily free play had not been used, as well as the text message stating the same thing.
4)  PC clock 10:51 PM.

pleur ***The Twist game immediately after it loaded (9 tokens):

http://i42.tinypic.com/2yuhp9w.jpg

1)  The adventure countdown timer showing 0d, 9h, 29m, 56s remaining.
2)  Game Score: 0... the game had not started yet.
3)  My Token balance literally seconds after my (not so) free game loaded... 9 tokens.
4)  PC clock 10:51 PM... only seconds passed between the first screen shot and the second.  There is NO way that I could have loaded a game, much less completed it, and returned to the Twist menu to start a second game using a Token to replay!

nrv*token trauma*

#2 2011-12-13 14:11:47

Ancien joueur leila-baby
Guests

Re: OhMyGames: Missing Tokens

Taaaaaagueule

#3 2011-12-13 15:30:49

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

leila-baby Please do not spam. It is against the rules. If you are unsure as to what the rules are you may read about them here-->http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=726

#4 2012-02-01 20:32:00

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

I continue to lose OhMyGames tokens when playing the "Twist" game... four in the last two weeks, all on different accounts.  I realize this bug is intermittent, but one by one... soon there will be none =(

I'm sure I could submit a ticket when I lose a token, but that would involve extra work for Feerik to look into each and every occurrence.  Others have confirmed in the original "Bug" thread that it has happened to them... and it has happened to others in my household.  It's such a subtle glitch, most players are probably not aware it has happened... unless they are watching their tokens diligently.

With these most recent disappearances, I noticed that the numbers in the "score box" were jumbled... every time!  It is my hope that providing this information, along with screen shots of two of the four glitched games... it will help Feerik track down the problem.

For the record, my browser is IE... cookies & caches are clean.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2rogqxh.jpg

#5 2012-02-01 23:51:54

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

I am sorry to hear this is happening to you, n0regrets.

Unfortunately, there is not much more mods can do except let the GM know, which I will do now.

I would also encourage you to continue following up on ticket/s you have already submitted about this problem.

Good luck.  I hope it gets resolved soon for you (and everyone else who is having the same problem.) :)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#6 2012-02-02 23:37:19

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

^.^ Thank you for bringing this issue to the GM's attention, willowskye.

To date, I have not submitted a ticket for any of the missing tokens... so there is nothing to follow-up on.  I counted last night as I worked my dolls... currently, I have lost 18 cummulative tokens.  That would be a lot of tickets to track... especially if everyone else was submitting tickets every few days.  Plus, I would have to re-submit a ticket when another token vanished... which they will until the glitch is fixed.

So, hopefully, they can track down this bug... which would be less work for everyone ^.^

#7 2012-02-03 02:32:52

willowskye

You're welcome.  :)

My mistake, though, I thought you had filled out a ticket.

If this bug hasn't been resolved as of now, definitely submit a ticket (only one needed, as it's an on-going issue.)  I sent the GM a link to this post with a request to look further into the bug. You can mention that if you do submit a ticket. 

When you notice a bug that seems to be ongoing, once you fill out a ticket you do not need to keep submitting a new ticket for every occurrence.  Rather, when you are initially contacted by Feerik, you can continue to communicate with them about the continuation of the issue.

Submitting a ticket will almost always speed things up as the people who receive the tickets are the ones who have to fix the problem anyway. Lol  ;)

I can't normally access the games, so please let me know when the issue does get resolved. :) (Or if it doesn't, so I can check up on it.)

#8 2012-02-03 17:44:44

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

I feel your frustration... I, too, continue to be unable to access the OhMyGames on my "main" computer (which I believe was how the original topic got started).  Surprisingly, it is the dinosaur on my desktop that has no problem loading the games... guess I won't be upgrading that one anytime soon!  Actually, having a computer that cannot play the games is how I have consoled myself about the missing tokens... since some people can't access tickets to earn, or tokens to lose.

Anyhow, thanks again ^.^ I was under the impression that I would have to submit a ticket for each separate account, since they are all registered using individual e-mail addresses... and while that wouldn't equal 18 tickets (some accounts have lost up to 3 tokens), it would certainly be more than one :P

Perhaps this thread will help Feerik to track down both problems, the games loading AND the lost tokens... wouldn't that be wonderful?

sad *** UPDATE:  A picture is worth a thousand words... or maybe 19 tokens? ***

Here is the latest screenshot documentation of vanishing tokens in action... literally minutes ago (can be verified by time stamp on Personality Test window).  Since the glitch tends to happen in "clusters"... I have been taking occasional, proactive screen shots just before starting the Twist game (just in case).

I managed to get three screenshots of this game at different stages... again, it is my hope that these pictures can help them diagnose where the problem is.

This account has previously lost two tokens... the loss of this (third) token results in one less Jackpot game being able to be played.

Picture #1:  Twist screen showing 15 tokens and "Free" message before starting game.
Picture #2:  Twist game immediately after loading... now 14 tokens*, score of 0 (with no jumbled numbers).
Picture #3:  Twist game in progress... once scoring reaches triple digits, numbers display as "jumbled" (middle digit appears to have a zero overlayed it each time?)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ij47q.jpg

Last edited by n0regrets (2012-02-04 02:12:18)

#9 2012-02-18 02:33:18

cottoncandy3
Members

pleur okay i really dont were ask this question  acoouple of times  this has happen i didn`t get all my fee`z.........what is going on............

#10 2012-02-18 02:40:27

cookiebear
Members

Once again, posting in the wrong topic. If you're having an issue, first check the bugs to see if it has been solved already, and then create your own topic. I wont give you a second warning because your new. If you don't know how to create your own topic, simply click on "bugs" and click "post new topic".

#11 2012-02-18 07:56:43

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

The Case of the Missing Tokens:  Chapter 22...
(...as in tokens lost)hypn

Since my update on the 4th, I have lost three more tokens... the latest of which happened just a short time ago.  This I have documented with another set of screenshots, which can be verified using the countdown timers shown.

I realize that this glitch must be addressed by Feerik, not the mods... but I am providing an update, as requested... and screenshots, which I hope might be helpful in tracking down this bug.

As before, the free game has not been used, the time elapsed between starting the free game and the incorrectly deducted token is mere seconds, and the score display is jumbled.  Not only am I losing tokens... in documenting the process, I am losing tickets from the game (which is lost while taking screenshots).

As before, the next vanishing token will put me below the "increment of 3" needed to spin the Jackpot.

http://i41.tinypic.com/ru2rsz.jpg

#12 2012-02-18 10:01:16

willowskye

Thank you so much for the update, n0regrets. :) I'm sorry this is still happening to you, and I definitely understand your frustration!

We've had a GM change since I last mentioned your issue, so I will have to follow-up with the new GM about this.

I also continue to encourage you to follow-up with Feerik (either through a ticket or an email - if you've been contacted by someone.) 

I did re-read your earlier posts on this issue, and if it's only the Twist game that seems to be eating your tokens, I would definitely advise you to stear clear of that game for now. I would hate to see you lose any more tokens, especially if it means you won't have enough for the Jackpot game.  I think you have more then enough documentation about the issue that you don't need to risk losing more for the sake of documenting. :)

I will defintely let you know as soon as I know something more concrete about this issue. :)

#13 2012-02-20 19:46:09

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Same thing just happened to me with the same game.

#14 2012-02-21 14:11:53

snortmort
Members

This just happened to me with my account 'asyouwish'. She had 10 tokens, I played the Twist game and suddenly I only have 9, which means I'll have one less spin at the jackpot before this prize pack expires! Not impressed.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#15 2012-02-21 15:34:42

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

It's also been happening to me I've lost at least 2 coins on my main account.

#16 2012-02-22 09:39:05

willowskye

I did report this to the GM, but I only reported it as one player (as at the time, no one else reported this bug.)

I just now sent a follow-up email to the GM letting her know it's now affecting more then one player. (and seems to be happening only during the Twist game...correct?)  If anyone is losing tokens in other games, please post the information here. :)

#17 2012-02-22 14:53:17

kmilea
Members

Hi girls,
I've asked the web-master about this problem of missing tokens. He told me that given the data processing the game is submitted to, tokens cannot disappear, unless you lose your Internet connection (for one thousandth of a second), which would imply that the game is rebooted and therefore you start a new game (which isn't free).
I'm afraid there is not much I can do about that apart from advising you to play only when your Internet connection is good and on computers which have a good random access memory.

#18 2012-02-22 15:15:33

sierradane
Members

Is there a new GM?  Someone to replace the one named Peter?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#19 2012-02-22 16:48:03

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

kmilea wrote:

"tokens cannot disappear, unless you lose your Internet connection (for one thousandth of a second), which would imply that the game is rebooted and therefore you start a new game (which isn't free).
I'm afraid there is not much I can do about that apart from advising you to play only when your Internet connection is good and on computers which have a good random access memory."

Although I will be the first to admit that I do not have anywhere near the level of programming skill needed to produce a game of this complexity, I am not completely without computer knowledge (or common sense).

I think there is more to this problem than the explanation offered, for two reasons:

1)  I have, and have had, no issues with internet service at any time while playing the OhMyGames. The only online issues that I have experienced here have been server issues, coding issues, and (potentially) browser issues... not internet provider issues.  (Furthermore, I know that IE is often blamed for glitches here, but I am familiar with the web browsers some of the other reporting players are using... and not all of us use IE).

2)  Most obvious to me... this bug ONLY occurs when playing the Twist game.  If what you suggest is true, then we would be having momentary internet lapses and RAM failures across-the-board... not only on the Twist game.  The odds of every single token being lost by every player only when playing Twist would be extremely unlikely.

I would respectfully request that these observations be taken into account when considering possible causes for this problem.

#20 2012-02-22 17:24:17

willowskye

sierradane wrote:

Peter has been gone for a long while now.  (If you check the NEWS you can pinpoint the date.)  We've had a few GM's since.  Our current GM is Lea.

As for the explanation provided, I too find it hard to believe that the internet lapses and RAM errors, etc. only occur during the Twist game and not any other game.

I'm a bit baffled as to what the next step is, other then asking them to double check the game in question.  I'll submit your last post to the GM, n0regrets, which is about all I can do. (UPDATE:  Which has now been done.)

#21 2012-02-22 18:53:10

sierradane
Members

willowskye wrote:

sierradane wrote:

Peter has been gone for a long while now.  (If you check the NEWS you can pinpoint the date.)  We've had a few GM's since.  Our current GM is Lea.

As for the explanation provided, I too find it hard to believe that the internet lapses and RAM errors, etc. only occur during the Twist game and not any other game.

I'm a bit baffled as to what the next step is, other then asking them to double check the game in question.  I'll submit your last post to the GM, n0regrets, which is about all I can do. (UPDATE:  Which has now been done.)

I remember when he left, he always replied to my "tickets" in a fairly timely manner.

And although I haven't really played those games much, I'm like you Willowskye about the internet error causing the missing tokens.  (which almost goes in the same category of "what internet browser do you use... ")

N0regrets: I hope that your issue gets resolved

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#22 2012-02-22 21:54:25

snortmort
Members

My Internet connection is pretty fast, it's not like we have dial-up or anything, and yes, I don't have problems with any of the other aspects of the game, so it would be weird for it to be just an Internet problem with just the Twist game....There's got to be something else going on here!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#23 2012-02-22 21:59:24

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

I would like to add one equally important, and obvious (I don't know why I didn't think of it before) reason why the proposed explanation doesn't seem to fit:

n0regrets wrote:

I think there is more to this problem than the explanation offered, for two reasons:

1)  I have, and have had, no issues with internet service at any time while playing the OhMyGames. The only online issues that I have experienced here have been server issues, coding issues, and (potentially) browser issues... not internet provider issues.  (Furthermore, I know that IE is often blamed for glitches here, but I am familiar with the web browsers some of the other reporting players are using... and not all of us use IE).

2)  Most obvious to me... this bug ONLY occurs when playing the Twist game.  If what you suggest is true, then we would be having momentary internet lapses and RAM failures across-the-board... not only on the Twist game.  The odds of every single token being lost by every player only when playing Twist would be extremely unlikely.

3) The jumbled score box!  I cannot think of any way that an "internet hiccup" or "insufficient RAM" would cause the score display to be scrambled (as is most evident in the screenshot below, which only shows four digits)... with a zero superimposed over the numbers.  This jumbled score box only occurs in conjunction with a missing token... no other time.  This suggests an internal issue, not "equipment failure", to me.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1ixy7m.jpg

#24 2012-02-22 22:26:21

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

If there is nothing that can be done about this game taking coins, then I think it needs to be taken out.   Tokens cost fee'z to replace, and some people pay REAL money to buy fee'z.  We should be able to get and use what we pay for.

Side note: My computer was built to play online computer games (upgraded graphics card, ram etc..) & if my computer can play some pretty graphic intense mmorpg's without difficulty then it should be able to handle this one.. :/

#25 2012-02-23 07:28:56

willowskye

Thank you for the additional information, n0regrets.  I have forwarded it to the GM.

cocobelle wrote:

If there is nothing that can be done about this game taking coins, then I think it needs to be taken out.   Tokens cost fee'z to replace, and some people pay REAL money to buy fee'z.  We should be able to get and use what we pay for.

I agree with you cocobelle...if they are not able to get this issue resolved then perhaps they should remove the game altogether.  Tokens do cost real money, and I don't know anyone who can afford to lose money.

cocobelle wrote:

Side note: My computer was built to play online computer games (upgraded graphics card, ram etc..) & if my computer can play some pretty graphic intense mmorpg's without difficulty then it should be able to handle this one.. :/

That makes sense to me. :)

Board footer