You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2012-02-23 09:02:10

kmilea
Members

Re: OhMyGames: Missing Tokens

Hi girls,
You seem to have a good case here. And since it has happen to quite a few of you, the problem must come from something else. I did try to play the "twist game", and I didn't notice anything abnormal concerning the tokens. So what I would like to know is how many times it happened to each of you, and when  it happened (only for the free games or at any time), and if it's only for the twist game. Thanks for the information, the more I get the easier it will be to understand where the problem comes from.

#27 2012-02-23 10:28:55

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

I can't speak for anyone else, but I initially reported the problem on 22/10/11... shortly after OhMyGames was introduced.

It is a very intermittent glitch... it does not happen every game, or even every day.  Between October 22nd and today, I have lost 22 combined tokens (my daughters have each lost a couple, as well... which I am not including in my total).  By the numbers, that's 22 tokens in approximately 114 days, or one token every five days (give or take)... although it does seem to happen in "clusters".  Players who only recently became aware of (or experienced) this bug probably will not be able to give you an accurate count that far back.

It has only occurred with the Twist game, and I only play the free daily game... so I don't know if it steals tokens on "replay" games.

It is also a very subtle glitch... if not for this post, most people probably would not be looking out for it.  I'm sure it's more widespread than the replies here indicate... but if you buy a lot of tokens, or spend a lot of tokens (thus have a constantly fluctuating total), or don't read the Boards/Bugs Forum, or don't pay close attention... it would be easy to miss.

The only additional observation I can offer is that, when I click "PLAY", the screen with the "percentage loaded" displays.  Once the game reaches "100%", the free token icon disappears... and the token count is unchanged (at this point).  To the best of my memory, the token does not disappear until after the actual "game" screen appears and the "3-2-1 countdown" animation begins... as soon as the Twist grid loads, the token count instantly, and mysteriously (and mistakenly), drops by one.  Although the score at "0" looks normal... as soon as you hit triple digits, the "jumbled" digits become apparent.

I really hope this helps... and I really hope it can be fixed.  Thanks for your assistance!

honte *** UPDATE:  23... and counting ***

It's been a couple of days since my last "taken token", so I was hopefully optimistic that they were making progress in locating the cause... but, alas, my hopes have been dashed.

Screenshot documentation of another magically missing coin *poof* taken just minutes ago... which can be verified, again, using the countdown timer and observing the overlapping "0" in the score box.  This was on my Spanish account (yes, it happens internationally).

As I have been anticipating another occurrence, I have been watching my tokens very carefully as the Twist games load.  I can verify my previous description of the sequence of events:  The lighted free game icon disappears when the percentage bar reaches 100% on the "loading" page... but the token count remains unchanged (which it should ~ it's a "free" game).  However, as soon as the game grid loads, one of the tokens is deducted as the "3-2-1 countdown" begins.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2a82ro3.jpg

willowskye wrote:

I would hate to see you lose any more tokens, especially if it means you won't have enough for the Jackpot game.  I think you have more then enough documentation about the issue that you don't need to risk losing more for the sake of documenting. :)

Laugh out loud (LOL would be considered chat speak, wouldn't it?)!  I am not devoted enough to play the Twist game for the sake of documentation (which is extremely tedious)... I play for tickets and, subsequently, free stuff.  What girl doesn't love free stuff??? :D  However, every time I lose a token, I lose potential tickets and stuff... so it's a no win situation (at the moment).

cocobelle wrote:

If there is nothing that can be done about this game taking coins, then I think it needs to be taken out.   Tokens cost fee'z to replace, and some people pay REAL money to buy fee'z.  We should be able to get and use what we pay for.

I would really hate to lose this game.  While I agree with you 100% on losing tokens that we have paid real money for, losing this game would mean 25% less potential tickets... which means 25% less prizes.  Actually, it would be MORE than a 25% loss, because the Scratch game is a "wild card"... some cards only give you 10 tickets, which may as well be nothing when dresses cost 2000+.  So, if you have no Twist game and get an icky Scratch card... your ticket earning potential is reduced by up to half *sigh*

Last edited by n0regrets (2012-02-28 16:44:26)

#28 2012-08-29 18:20:17

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

I'm "bumping" this thread.

Is anyone else still having problems with missing tokens in the "Twist" game?  If you are, please report it here.

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#29 2012-08-30 17:00:39

jenzg11
Members

Willowskye,
I just saw this thread. Missing tokens have happened to 2 of my accounts also. I thought it was a glitch and would be put back. I have lost all together only 5, as I didn't have a lot to start with.
Thank you,
J.

#30 2012-09-05 15:24:37

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

The GM has reported this to the developer, however, it seems to be a rather troublesome bug and somewhat hard to diagnose/fix.

It has been reported though.

That's all I can report for now.

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#31 2013-01-10 16:44:18

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

It was my hope that the coding used in the new OMD design would eliminate the server load, or "micro disconnect", issues that were causing OhMyGames tokens to be incorrectly deducted when playing the free game.

Sadly, I lost a token on my French account two days in a row... both on Tuesday and Wednesday, following the update.  No loss today (hOoRaY)!

Further, I am using a brand new computer, so it is not my hardware... or browser... or internet service.  This glitch ONLY happens on the Twist game... if it were a computer, browser, or internet issue it would happen across-the-board on every game.  It does not... many, many, many tokens later, it is exclusive to Twist.

I have lost an additional 10 tokens in recent weeks... all of which have been documented with screenshots.  I have submitted a ticket (but not updated it with my most recent losses, as team Feerik is aware of this bug), so I guess this is just an update that the problem persists... even after the site update.

#32 2013-12-04 23:41:52

birdlyre
Members

I lost a token yesterday. I just discovered this thread and I found the info provided really useful.

I don't quite recall how my token vanished, but I'm pretty sure it was during a free game. I started playing, and by the time I had finished - poof! one token had been magically deducted.

Thanks to n0regrets for the details about how the glitch is triggered. From now on, I have vowed to only buy 15 tokens from the boutique - and to use them up as soon as I can.

Last edited by birdlyre (2013-12-05 13:07:51)

#33 2013-12-07 17:43:14

purpleiris
Members

Today I've lost one token during playing free twist game, and I had em only 2. This is second time for me, couple of weeks ago it happened too.

#34 2013-12-08 03:46:40

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Not much has changed since this "bug" was first observed almost two years ago...

... Tokens continue to be incorrectly deducted.
... I continue to take screenshots before starting any Twist games where I have tokens.
... This glitch happens only on Twist and always with a "jumbled" score display.

The only thing that has changed is that I no longer document my experiences, on the Board or by ticket... since most of my reports went unanswered.  However, I continue to document the losses (currently in excess of 100 tokens) with screenshots... which are collecting dust in some virtual folder somewhere, for some unknown reason :P Habit, I guess *shrug*

montr What IS new is that I can add one additional piece of information, and that is:

This glitch occurs even when there is a zero token balance!

The first time it happened, I wasn't sure if I had actually lost a token.  When the jumbled score appeared (at triple digits), I was confused... having no memory of taking a "pre-game" screenshot (something I do before every game where I have a token balance).  I checked to see if I had, in fact, taken a screenshot (but forgotten doing so)... but no screenshot, therefore no token balance.  But I couldn't be certain... maybe I just forgot to take a screenshot, coincidentally only had a single token, and the glitch took that one, leaving me with the "0" token balance shown?  However, I have had the "jumbled score" display present on at least six games now... all of which I no had no token balance prior to starting the game.  Had I actually had any tokens to "steal"... no doubt I would have lost one per incident!

As I have said before (please read... everything is very well documented within this thread and the previous one), this is a very subtle and largely infrequent glitch.  I have lost well over 100 tokens (I quit counting at 100 *sigh*) in two years... given the number of Twist games that I have played during that time, it is a comparatively small number.  However, it is a legitimate bug... random or not, obvious or not.  It tends to occur in clusters... which is my own experience, and is supported by these recent reports from others.  I, myself, have already lost two tokens this month... and December has barely started.  I will be happy to check screenshots for specific dates, perhaps they will coincide with birdlyre and purpleiris's reports... beyond that, there is little more that I can do to help try to isolate this bug.  I have made immediate and prompt reports, including dates and times, directly by ticket in the past... I can only speculate that that information did not prove useful?

Board footer