You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-12-14 17:44:21

lilysummers
Members

The new layout for our pages ( yikes!)

Is it just me or are these new tabs taking away from easy access information about eachother, or generating less exposure for others (wich seems counter productive in a social game).
Before the changes you could easily check updates messages on what people where up too on their who am i pages while you where doing your daily voting routine, it was there at first glance( wich a lot of girls put a great deal of effort into to promote their lofts or keep people informed ) and now you have to open a tab to access it wich you are far less likely to do when you are busy, the same is true for your eye being caught by someones little picture or a comment they leave on friends pages, (thats how i met a number of great people whom i would never have run across otherwise), wich now you have to again open a tab with the specific purpose of looking for them..wich i think is something you dont often have time for if you have school/works and a large daily voting pool. also i loved my friends at the bottom because i could see who came online and chat with them through a quick note or comment without having to check a tab every 15min , it was easy access voting ..and this new layout just seems unnecessary..even couterproductive..it doesnt add anything i was lacking but rather takes away from my enjoyment of the game and even though i know it takes some getting use to new things,or perhaps i am misjuding its purpose..but i dont really like the new changes made so far..at all...sorry :P

Last edited by lilysummers (2011-12-14 17:50:31)

#2 2011-12-14 18:49:35

nikkzscreams
Fujoshi
Website

Re: The new layout for our pages ( yikes!)

I agree. I don't like it that much as well.

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/169/9/7/niisan_by_plantkun-d7mz9q1.png

#3 2011-12-14 18:59:41

jupitermoon
Members

I don't like it either, just makes you click more buttons than before. No one can read our who i am unless they click on that option, and many girls don't have time for it, so half of the girls who play this game won't see it ever. Also there is gonna be a big problem, people who returns all the votes they recieve with other dolls, when you vote back with a diferent account no one will know it was you unless they click on your who i am, so lots of people will think that you never voted back, unless they click the button to go back to the old design... i will click it will save me half of the trouble sad

Last edited by jupitermoon (2011-12-14 19:14:55)

#4 2011-12-14 18:59:43

hayley77
Chat moderator

same here :( i wished it was something optional

#5 2011-12-14 19:04:12

moni314
Members

I really like the new design ... it looks so much better if you ask me :) And it is good they gave us an option to switch back to the old design if somebody doesn't like the new one :)

#6 2011-12-14 19:22:50

sierradane
Members

I like parts of it and I hate parts of it.

I think I like the tabs, which makes clicking on them easier.  But I don't like the fact that each tab is a separate thing to look at.  I like to see EVERYTHING on one page: the comments, the "friends," the 'who am I'....

I am glad that we have the ability to go back to the "old view," but will that be there always? 

Maybe if they only had the options of:
News, Loft, Medias as an option for tabs it would be better.  I do like how the "my loft" tab looks like (after I click on it)... other than the fact that the comments, friends & Who Am I is no longer a part of it.

Which... Who Am I should equal: WAI not WIA

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#7 2011-12-14 20:54:06

selinie777
Members
Website

I don't like it that much as the old one. It makes my daily voting hard, especially if you have more than 100 daily voters.

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#8 2011-12-14 21:44:21

darkjewels
Members

i like this new layout.
it takes shorter to load each page, it gets easier to vote for a person who has TONS of gifs and a very laggy page and i don't need to wait for my loft/who-am-i to load in order to check the comments/last-100-votes.
actualy, i've always wanted a way to check my comments witout checking my loft. and i find it difficult to vote back/reply comments from certain people because of the lag, wich is no longer a problem now.
so far, there's nothing i'd complain about the new layout.(and if there's any issue i did not detect, i'll have to check out what happened to my computer and only then see if the problem wasn't this computer's browser xD)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#9 2011-12-14 21:51:01

ilovem12
Members
Website

Im getting used to it, but when I logged on I had a mini spaz attack...
hypn
Then I found we could switch XD At least we can flip to the new on, and not have to deal with it 24/7.....
ouf

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ml-IWPGl0sM/Uf_XT01vzbI/AAAAAAAAAt0/jMEyFVGzBzc/w400-h200-no/wallpaper30-1024x768.jpg
"I'm pure at heart, it repels the dirt" - Mortal Instruments
My photography:http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic … 33&p=1

#10 2011-12-14 22:10:49

lilysummers
Members

i read that this option to switch back is a temporary thing wich will dissapear in favor of the new style after a while..and like i said..it makes all the things that use to be simple and right there where you wanted it a clicking process to get too wich a lot of people will just skip in future..wich is a shame.

#11 2011-12-14 22:27:08

cookiebear
Members

I like the old one better -.- But, I don't want to get rid of it for some reason. It is more complicated than before and I liked having easy access to everything. And now it's very unlikely to see notices on my Daily voter's Who am I's during my Daily Voting route.

Last edited by cookiebear (2011-12-16 02:36:03)

#12 2011-12-14 23:24:21

blacksatomi
Members

I  really don't care for this new layout, like others have said it makes it more complicated to see things. When I'm voting for someone I like to read there who I am in the process. With this I will be WAY less likely to click on a tab to view their who I am.

Plus I can't find the darn section that you can level up your career points.

and the switch back option I believe they said was not permanent. It's just their to help with the transition.

Not only that to me at least it feels more closed in and cluttered, with all the tabs. It makes me feel a little game claustrophobic.

Last edited by blacksatomi (2011-12-14 23:26:41)

#13 2011-12-15 00:21:44

joyceeileen
Members

I don't like this new layout at all!! I want to be able to see my friends and who voted for me without having to click on a tab! Also, how do you get your characteristic points now? You still need to increase them in order to flirt but where are they? I don't see them anywhere?

#14 2011-12-15 00:28:17

joyceeileen
Members

Okay, where is this so called arrow button to go back temporarily to the old way? I see only one arrow button and that messed up my whole room! didn't go back to the old way! why do they change everything and make things so difficult? It's impossible to vote when you can't see your friends....have to click button first....then find the friend you are looking for and click on them....then vote for them...come back to your page and repeat process!!! too hard.....I'm totally disgusted!!!

#15 2011-12-15 00:41:04

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

joyceeileen wrote:

I don't like this new layout at all!! I want to be able to see my friends and who voted for me without having to click on a tab! Also, how do you get your characteristic points now? You still need to increase them in order to flirt but where are they? I don't see them anywhere?

Your training is now on the far right ($$$ Career) tab... which means if you click the $$$ under your avatar (as we all do), you now have to navigate to a second page to train. Twice the work *sigh* That's going to be a hard habit to break! Note to self: Remember... only use the $$$ Career tab when logging in *ugh* What they NEED to do is take the $$$ under our avatar away and replace it with a XP Training Games button.

That being said, I understand the reasons behind the change... but I don't like the results!

Appearance = Pleasant   hypn   Application = NOT Practical

I have several suggestions that would make this format more user friendly, but it will take me some time put pen to paper... or keyboard to Message Board, as the case may be :P

Most of these suggestions arose out of difficulties encountered as I tried to navigate my way around a typical diva day... it was challenging, to say the least!  Very often it is people "in the field" who use a particular application every day who better understand the complications that arise from directives issued by the "front office"... who have a different level of interaction/exposure.

The new layout is here to stay... like it or not.  So instead of dwelling on the negatives (and there are a few of them), I am going to take some time to document ideas that I feel would help improve our diva experience... perhaps it would be a good idea to start a New Layout Suggestion post?

quoi

#16 2011-12-15 01:34:22

Ancien joueur aprilbreeze
Guests

Okay people, if you don't like it then switch it back to the old version! Ther IS a button on the top right corner.

#17 2011-12-15 02:21:31

sierradane
Members

aprilbreeze wrote:

Okay people, if you don't like it then switch it back to the old version! Ther IS a button on the top right corner.

Not only does your page revert to the new version after logging out then logging back in, the "new" version will soon be the only version to use: the old version will go by the way side.... just like something else.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#18 2011-12-15 03:22:29

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

aprilbreeze wrote:

sierradane wrote:
Not only does your page revert to the new version after logging out then logging back in, the "new" version will soon be the only version to use: the old version will go by the way side.... just like something else.

As sierradane said, the "revert" option only lasts for as long as you are logged in... and the "revert" option only lasts for a short time:

Feerik News:
To give you some time to adapt to the new design, you have the temporary option of going back to the old design thanks to this little button : http://us.ohmydollz.com/design/btn_design_old.png

As for me, I'm going to tough it out through the new layout... no point in hanging on to a page version that will be gone in the very near future.  Using the "revert" option will delay the inevitable, so I may as well move forward now!

#19 2011-12-15 04:57:48

paperlife
Chat moderator

I like the new layout. But the only thing I'm not sure what to do with is the 'My News' section in the loft tab. Wouldn't that be the same as the Who am I? section?

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

#20 2011-12-15 12:40:25

sierradane
Members

paperlife wrote:

I like the new layout. But the only thing I'm not sure what to do with is the 'My News' section in the loft tab. Wouldn't that be the same as the Who am I? section?

No.  The "news" section only has a very small area to be able to write.  In other words, about the same space as leaving a comment... maybe a tiny bit more.

#21 2011-12-15 13:42:15

snortmort
Members

I'm actually surprised at how easy I found it to go about my usual basic gaming activities on the new layout last night. I found it quite simple to navigate once I got into a bit of a groove with what I was doing. Maybe it helps that I don't do that whole "daily votes" thing so I didn't have to keep flipping back and forth between tabs. I think I like the new layout (and I'm usually very resistant to change!).

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#22 2011-12-15 18:21:18

sierradane
Members

I think it wouldn't be so bad if they could combine a few things:

Have the comments on the same tab/page as the Loft

Have "My Info" on the same tab/page as Friends

I think that with me, the process of "daily voting'' has given me the opportunity to make friends.  So that's something I do pretty much.... daily.

I like that the "My Info" area isn't with the Loft because honestly, some pages have WAY TOO MUCH 'stuff' in that area and it makes for a long loading time. 

The reason why I would like to see the Comments on the same page as the Loft is simply to be able to see both at the same time when visiting all my daily voting buddies.

I would suggest to those who do the daily voting, to put in your "News" section (that is new) just a simple note that informs everyone who your main doll is.  Just say, "Main Doll: *insert main doll name here* "  It does make it a longer process as far as the daily voting goes and if a person is not familiar with your alts yet and they don't want to click on another tab to read your info area (where your main doll would be listed), your voting friend might just go ahead and vote back to your alt.

As a whole, the new look is more organized, I just wish they would combine the things I mentioned above.

#23 2011-12-15 20:47:06

selinie777
Members
Website

sierradane wrote:

I would suggest to those who do the daily voting, to put in your "News" section (that is new) just a simple note that informs everyone who your main doll is.  Just say, "Main Doll: *insert main doll name here* "  It does make it a longer process as far as the daily voting goes and if a person is not familiar with your alts yet and they don't want to click on another tab to read your info area (where your main doll would be listed), your voting friend might just go ahead and vote back to your alt.

Very clever idea. I should go and do that now. Thank you~

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#24 2011-12-15 23:12:19

shadowchild3
Members

I am not shoure what I think of the new design. I have not had a lote of time to have it yet so I can't say. Alough I have noticed somthing, I have some other dolls on this site and, I don't know about any one elce, but I work on them every day too, and I have found out that, in the last tow days I have forgoten to do my daily votes before I work on my other dolls. Luckily I have rememberd that I did not do my daily votes yet and would do them after working on my other dolls. I could see that some day in there I would miss doing them.
But other then that I do not know what I think. quoi

#25 2011-12-16 02:25:41

sierradane
Members

If all a person wants to do is to log their doll in, train then get their DB's then the new design makes that much quicker to get it finished.  But the visiting of other's pages is still going to be tedious.

Board footer