You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-12-18 18:42:40

sani
Members

This kind of dollz.

Hey guys,

Well you can see that all around the site that theres dollz who sold dollz and others buy'em and we all know that's break the rules cuz after some steal accounts and passwords.
But theres another kind are: THE RELOOKING DOLLZ wich I think that most of you say it's stealing too but theres who don't steal accounts, just relook the dollz cuz it's just a HOBBY,I like relook the dollz too but I wanna hear what you guys think about the RELOOKING DOLLZ.

Well this subject just cross my mind and I wantes to share it with you :DD

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/arlequincreations/for%20you/ac-sagittarius.png
Made by Arlekinlain

#2 2011-12-18 18:58:26

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

Re: This kind of dollz.

What do you mean by RELOOKING DOLLZ? I've never heard of it...but it doesn't sound right to me -.-

#3 2011-12-18 19:13:56

sani
Members

@pettel: Relooking dollz mean: Dollz give you a brand new hair and makeup...A new style.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/arlequincreations/for%20you/ac-sagittarius.png
Made by Arlekinlain

#4 2011-12-18 20:53:23

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

Ohh okayy Thaanks :)

#5 2011-12-18 23:04:13

cookiebear
Members

I still wouldn't trust it. I wouldn't want someone going on my account changing up my doll and loft and deleting my precious items. Someone could do all of that, deleting my Who am I and writing whatever they want and ruining your reputation. And they could give your password to ANYBODY if they had it.

Last edited by cookiebear (2011-12-18 23:04:57)

#6 2011-12-18 23:38:24

darkjewels
Members

it's never a good idea to give your password to others.
it's always dangerous. and even if you trust the other person, he/she may have spywares in his/her computer and be unaware of that so someone will end stealing your information.
in sites where we can ask another person to take care of our accounts for a while, i always change the password before and after the "sitting"

but it would work better if there was a way for the account owner to allow another player to customize her dollz...(like the sitting system in the game Travian) the owner(A) puts the nickname of another player(B) in a box and confirms the permisson(by typing the password in a box like the log-in box) and then this other player(B) logs in with the own password but the other player(A)'s username and only has access to the loft(like when we click on sarah in the log-in page, but with the "save" button)
>>>if you didn't understand what i meant here, tell me and i'll try to explain it in an easier way ;)

not that it's a bad thing, it's just risky, even if you give your password to a person of trust.

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#7 2011-12-18 23:44:02

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Asking for passwords is an instantly bannable offence. Just don't do it.

#8 2011-12-19 07:04:12

rarity
the undying
Website

I've only had one case of someone asking me to 're-do' their doll. I declined and said I don't feel comfortable for them to give me their password.
I hope no one asks this of me again! :S

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#9 2011-12-19 08:13:33

iklovech
Members

Only one who have my password is my little sister and I have her's. When I am away she takes care of my doll and when she is away or doesn't have the time I take care of her doll. I have made changes to her loft but for that I got premission to do it.

#10 2011-12-19 17:46:28

sani
Members

@Anyamalfoy:I know giving passwords is a bad thing I won't do it :D
@darkjewels: I didn't understand :)
And "every one" thanks  a lot for sharing what do you think :)  applau

Last edited by sani (2011-12-19 17:47:25)

Made by Arlekinlain

#11 2011-12-19 21:04:39

summerspirit
Members

This relooking thing is pretty common in the french version of the game. I've received some ads about it there, but I've always been a bit suspicious. There are better ways of practicing this kind of hobby. If you visit the french forum you'll see there are special with doll/room makeover 'boutiques' held by different players. I think it's a nice practice and may be we should consider bringing it over.

#12 2011-12-19 22:32:50

melody1231
Members

I understaand what youu mean by HOBBY and I can tell youu that I alwaays havee thaat kind of habit of trying clothees on someonees elsee doll [。◕__<。]

Buut if someonee thaat you don't know ask for RELOOKING yuur dollie, don't gavee them yuur password becausee theey can steaal yuur account O:
It's better to do it with someonee yuur more familiaar with~
[ATTENTION : Maybee that familiaar person couuld steal yuur account too~]

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z356/hawtsauces/Signatures/melodyssiggy.png

#13 2011-12-19 22:54:30

darkjewels
Members

@sani: it would be like that:
(i think i'll put links to images latter to help people imagine what it would look like)
1)imagine that you are player-a, and you would like someone else's help to customize your dollz
1.1)you notice that player-b likes to customize other people's dollz(and asks player-b if he/she would like to customize yours and when does he/she have time for doing so)

2)you would go to the tab "RELOOKING DOLLZ" and you would have a few text boxes(like those where you type your nickname/age/whatever to register OMD, but it's for those who are already OMD users) and the boxes demand the following items:
2.1) and above the text boxes, somehting saying:

lack inspiration? you can ask another player to customize your doll by filling those fields with the following information:

>>>nickname of the person who was allowed to customize your dollz
you type "player-b"

>>>secctions the player is allowed to access(loft/crypt/beach/garden/whatever)
you click on the available housesections to make them accessible by player-b

>>>when the player is allowed to access your dollz(from MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm to MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm - servertime)
like this: from 12/23/2011 00:00 to 12/25/2011 00:00

>>>comfirm(like when you change password, you have to confirm by typing your current password)
notice that it would be a page inside OMD, so noone would have access to your password

3)player-b recieves a notifiation(private message) that player-a is requesting player-b to customize player-a's dollz (and for how long, wich secctions of the dollz's house) then player-b can accept or ignore the request

4)if player-b accepts, then player-b goes to the log-in page and types
>>>nickname: player-a
>>>password: *types player-b's password*

5)like when you click on sarah to customize her items, it'll open a new window for player-b, but with a "save" button and instead of dysplaying sarah's loft, it'll dysplay player-a's loft for player-b to customize and save.

6)when player-b saves the customization, player-a will be able to see the results. and when time's up(in this case, at 12/26/2011 00:01), player-b can no longer save modifications done in player-a's loft nor access player-a's loft with player-b's password
sorry this post was a bit long hypn

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#14 2011-12-20 14:06:17

sani
Members

@summerspirit: I saw that a lot on the french OMD too.
@melody1231: Thanks for the advice.
@darkjewels:Thx for the information,that makes it all clear and I gotta say it's an amazing idea I wish if we can do it here :)

Made by Arlekinlain

#15 2011-12-22 14:39:27

taemint
Members

Only my REALLY trusted friend knows my password and I'm VERY sure she won't tell anyone. She DO have an account here. And it's more like, if I ever lost my Internet connection, she would collect my money for me and vice versa. (I know hers too). But I don't do anything wrong like re-do her condo nor do I re-do her doll's looks. I'm pretty sure she didn't touch my stuff too since nothing changed once I got my Internet connection back. This isn't wrong.. is it?

"When I open up, he meets me where I am"

#16 2011-12-22 18:24:18

sani
Members

@taemint: It's good,cuz when you miss days and not working,she'll save your $$$ :)

Made by Arlekinlain

Board footer