You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2012-02-23 16:27:31

jadefarnill
Members

Re: Special Cinema Quest: win 2 exclusive rooms!

I really love the retro room! I went into fairykisses' loft today, clicked on the retro room, and i was amazed! I had no idea it would turn your doll black and white! that is amazing! I WANT IT :D mdr

#27 2012-02-23 20:14:55

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

willowskye wrote:

Lol...shamrocks. ;)  I just woke up and haven't even made coffee yet, but I really can't remember when the last Catch 50 was.  Wasn't it...well, before...yeah, I can't think of when the last one was.  Does anyone else remember? :)

Took me a second (I guess I could use some of your coffee :P), but I finally remembered!  The last Catch 50 was for the red & gold Christmas dress... I found a picture on the Blog:

http://blog.feerik.com/images/chassenoel2212.jpg

Looking through the Blog also jostled this memory (where's that coffee?) of the last Puzzle, for the New Year's dress... not many of my dollz got that one:

http://blog.feerik.com/images/puzzlereveillon2712.jpg

I used to do the Symbol Hunts for all my dollz, but it takes me twice as long since they installed the Facebook navigation bar at the top of the page (at least, that's what I correlate the increased time to... might be coincidence).  The puzzles are tedious... especially since, when you accidentally miss a necessary piece, it might be hours before you find it again!  I have to really want the dress to do the Puzzles.

What I really have enjoyed are the Pinatas... which are more about getting out & about, visiting other diva's pages, and forge a festive sense of cooperation & community ^.^ The Pinatas are less about you, going it alone... and more dependent on partnership with other players.  I also loved the "reverse" approach with the "Trick or Treating" trunks ^.^ The surprise element of the random candy count was fun... and it was up to you to decide how much time you wanted to invest, how far you wanted to go, what gifts you wanted to collect... which is nice if you have trouble "networking" (which is a complaint some people have about the Pinatas).  I know of one player who earned the largest trunk with the castle window and chaise lounge SIX times... that's a LOT of candy (LOL)!

sierradane wrote:
And what happened to those "catch 50 things" for a holiday something or other.  Give me some shamrocks dog gonnit!!!!!

I'm with sierradane... I was really hoping for a Valentine's Day activity, so hopefully we'll see one soon!

Anyhow, not quite about the current Cinema quest... but certainly about other "quest" activities... and willowskye did ask (~.*)

#28 2012-02-24 02:18:04

laurabow
Members

I'm tempted to do this one - I like the rewards.  Also, I've been craving a 1920's Flapper outfit ever since I lost the other one I had due to "The Event."

As far as the frequency of adventures, flirts, etc., I've found myself a little more selective when it comes to these things.  For the most part, everything looks nice, and more nice things will be right around the corner.  So, I try to focus on the things that are really, really nice.  I also evaluate what I'll be buying in order to get the rewards.  Too many things I don't like, that feel like a waste of money?  Skip it, or just do the first couple of steps, so I'm still participating, without spending all of my money.

Regardless, trying to save up in order to get the last $$$ trophy is quite the challenge!  ;-)

#29 2012-02-24 03:38:16

sierradane
Members

It's amazing what can be done with all that STUFF in the attic.  A prime example is Lilysummers.  Look at her garage, I believe is the room, and be prepared to be totally AWED.  It makes you think things like: Hey, I can now turn that ugly bed to do that.

And as another doll (her name escapes me at the moment) pointed out, a lot of the items look a lot like items from previous Adventures with a slight modification. 

Oh yes... The Event.... *sighs* 

Those definitely "were the days" when you got more DB bang for your FEEZ/buck.  Seems like for every $10 you spent, that got you around 1000 DB?  Am I dreaming?  N0regrets... you probably remember that a lot better than I do.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#30 2012-02-24 03:52:11

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

I love the pinatas and "trick or treat" candy events. I don't really care for the puzzles (I'm trying to remember if I've ever completed one...coffee's run out. Lol)  I agree, n0regrets, that lately the Catch 50 seems to take a lot longer (but I thought it was probably just my computer.)  (P.S. Thank you for letting me know when the last Catch 50 was.)

laurabow, I agree about being more selective with adventures (I also factor in how many bathroom/bedroom/repeat items they have.)  I'm trying to only do ones with rooms, but lately they all seem to have at least a room. Lol  I love being able to rotate items now, or flip them. Defintely a great addition! (And, yes, cocobelle always has really beautiful rooms.) :D

Sierradane, I agree that I miss getting more Fee'z/$$$ for my money.  I really miss that. :(  (I used to have how much we got for our money written down, but I threw it away after "The Event.")

I am also liking the idea of the Retro room more and more. At first, I kind of thought it was a waste to even put anything in there, but the idea of being able to shop solely out of my attic (to use all my adventure odds and ends) is making me more excited about the concept.  Plus, I really love the black and silver flapper dress (and finally a pretty wig in my doll's hair colour!) :D

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#31 2012-02-24 04:21:57

ilovem12
Members
Website

I agree with you all. Now that I look at the adventure more closely it resembles some of the older flirts, and such. If I can remember before the "event" we had a flirt where we got a band called OMDs or something like that.
  And it does seem that quests are getting more and more expensive. I really, really dislike how in order to be able to actually do quests completely we need to buy fee'z. At least before the "event" we had a chance of doing adventures without having to beg parents to buy fee'z that are ridiculously high prices for little amonts of them. 150 fee'z for only 30$? ugh. (Not to mention them always putting more things in shops so it's harder to save money.)
  But I am starting to lose my patience with this game. The "event" crushed me, and I thought that maybe this site would be better... *shrugs*

Last edited by ilovem12 (2012-02-24 04:22:09)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ml-IWPGl0sM/Uf_XT01vzbI/AAAAAAAAAt0/jMEyFVGzBzc/w400-h200-no/wallpaper30-1024x768.jpg
"I'm pure at heart, it repels the dirt" - Mortal Instruments
My photography:http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic … 33&p=1

#32 2012-02-24 04:38:02

sierradane
Members

With all the frustration this game is giving me (and others) right now, it's still something that I enjoy; simply to get away from RL stress.

I think I did a post in some forum called "Parade of Homes."  Maybe someone can dig it up and post a loft/doll who's loft is extremely nice looking and has used a lot of creative ways to do so.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#33 2012-02-24 14:24:14

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

Am I frustrated with the frequency/cost of adventures.  Yes
Am I frustrated enough to stop playing...at this point, no.  I have far to much invested now (both in time, money and the friends I've made.) Lol

That being said, I was coming to share something I just noticed about the Retro Level.  I'm currently watching my local morning news show and they were talking about The Oscars (Academy Awards.)  A clip from the new silent, black and white movie "The Artist" came on, and...one of the ladies was wearing the exact same black and silver dress we get from the last level (that gets us the Retro Room.)  Now I know where they got the inpiraration for the Retro level.  (They also showed a female character wearing the dress we have to buy in that level.)

Just an interesting fact about the Retro Level I thought I'd share.  Now I really want to watch "The Artist!" Lol

I just realized another great thing about the Retro Room...all those thousands of adventure wigs I have (that are not in my doll's hair colour) can now be worn in the Retro room...and no one will know it's not really my doll's hair colour! Yay!  There are many wigs I've liked, but have never used because they're not in the right colour.  (Can you tell I'm falling more and more in love with the Retro room every day? Lol)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#34 2012-02-26 05:32:54

eyecandy9
Members

sierradane wrote:

This week's OhMyDollz quest is dedicated to cinema...

Another doll pointed this out to me and we agreed that from their wording, it appears that they plan on having a new Adventure EACH week.

I was wondering about this! I looked back at the older OMD updates, and it actually says "This Week" for all of our adventures... I'm not sure exactly what it means, but I am curious about the day of the week the adventures will be given now.

http://i43.tinypic.com/287grow.png

#35 2012-02-27 18:13:23

iklovech
Members

Oh please let there not be an adventure for each week cause I wont be able to take it.

I finish the whole adventure and I used my phone's money that should hold the whole week but the thing is they sprung this adventure on us to soon. They could have left this for the first adventure of March. Then everyone would have had time to save up and not have problems.

Board footer