You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-02-29 05:53:58

sierradane
Members

This game is for ALL ages... and about my mom

I'd like to leave a couple messages:

First, thank you to all the Dolls who've posed kind and inspiring messages of hope for me while my mother is in the hospital.  Believe it or not, but it DOES make a person feel better.  And for anyone who has experienced sitting all day with someone who is in the hospital, it is very exhausting; both physically and mentally.

To some of the rude Dolls... please stop leaving hateful and childish messages on my page... and I'm sure on some of my friends' pages.  This game is for ALL ages, not just for someone age 11 and younger or in your mind, maybe up to 16 or 20.  The last person to leave a rude message, I deleted your message.  Leave another one and I'll kindly turn you in.  I am nothing but nice to everyone and it really gets annoying.  And besides that, if you are wanting friends... that's not a good way to get one.  Anyone who posts a message on my page will see your rude message and will decide that they don't want to be associated with someone who is rude.  And like I said, this time I deleted it... next time, I WILL turn you in.

95% of the people who come here are very nice and caring.  Why don't those who choose to try to make someone's day bad, join the others.... As they say, "You get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar."  (to translate that to the younger ones: you get more friends with kind words than with rude messages)

Sarah/Sierradane

Last edited by sierradane (2012-02-29 05:55:41)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2012-02-29 06:07:39

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

Re: This game is for ALL ages... and about my mom

First, let me say I continue to think of your mom and send good energy for a speedy recovery her way. :) And, hugs for you because I do know how stressful it can be when a loved one is sick.

Second, I am sorry (and disappointed) to hear that you have been receiving rude gossip from other players.  You are definitely right...this game is for ALL ages.  Anyone of any age or gender can and has the right to play this game (as long as they follow the rules.)  Harassment is definitely against the rules.  Next time you receive that kind of harassment, please do report them.  Letting them get away with it once only encourages them to continue to act that way (to you or other players.)  You are also correct in saying it is not a good way to make friends

While you and I don't talk all that often, I do know you well enough to know you are a kind person who is never mean to others.  You (and no one) deserves to be treated like that.  It is a shame that some people have to try to ruin things for others. :(

I hope you receive no more nasty messages from this point on, but if you do, please report them and they will be dealt with.

Let's all remember the golden rule:  Treat others how you would want to be treated.  If everyone does that, this will be nothing but a happy place where everyone is treated with respect and common courtesy. :)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#3 2012-02-29 07:59:22

cookiebear
Members

*sigh* There is always that person who's purpose is to spoil someones day, huh?

I agree with willow, though. It should be reported. Harassment (as if you don't know)  is prohibited and can result in a lenghty if not permanent ban. I understand the easy thing, just ignoring the player. But by doing that, they get away with it. Which means they can go cause trouble with someone else.

And kind regards to your mother, and I do hope she will feel better. I know the feeling, my own had just gotten out of the hospital recently after a car incident.

#4 2012-02-29 23:17:38

historygeek
Members

I firmly agree that this game is for ALL ages.  There is no reason why we can't all enjoy it and give each other support both in the game and in the real world. 
Many of us (no matter our age) use OMD as an escape for a few minutes or hours from a hectic real life. 

There are true friends on here. Those who are rude haven't found those friends yet and maybe never will, sadly.

All the best for you and your mother.

#5 2012-03-01 11:44:38

iklovech
Members

historygeek wrote:

I firmly agree that this game is for ALL ages.  There is no reason why we can't all enjoy it and give each other support both in the game and in the real world. 
Many of us (no matter our age) use OMD as an escape for a few minutes or hours from a hectic real life. 

There are true friends on here. Those who are rude haven't found those friends yet and maybe never will, sadly.

All the best for you and your mother.

I agree with you. I'm 20 and I got to say this game is one of the best games ever. No matter how angry people or this game sometimes make me I will always play it. When I'm on this game I can be in my world and be who I want to be. I don't have to be afraid.

#6 2012-03-02 07:20:21

historygeek
Members

When I'm on this game I can be in my world and be who I want to be. I don't have to be afraid.

True statements...being who we want to be and having no fear.  Not so easy in the real world but much easier on OMD.

#7 2012-03-02 11:59:11

sani
Members

Yes of course this game is for all ages,and I really don't like ppl who leaving rude messages,I know it's be hard to see someone u love sick,Hope your mom gets well soon :) We are here for you.... :D

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/arlequincreations/for%20you/ac-sagittarius.png
Made by Arlekinlain

#8 2012-03-02 12:21:14

sierradane
Members

Thank you all for the kind words regarding my mother.

As of 3/1/12, she had minor surgery on her knee (at night) which was only to flush that area out.  But it will make her knee sore and hard to walk on, which she was having trouble walking already.  Perhaps this will help that since her knee was so swollen.  She may be there for 2-3 more days with her knee, hopefully that will be the only thing keeping her in there.  My brother who is here from Georgia and has been since Christmas, plans on going back home on or around March 7th.  He has DR appointments down there so he possibly won't be able to delay his leaving time.

So...  I hope that my mom gets out before he goes.

To my daily voters:
I've been hopping on at least once a day to gather the names from my Last 100, keeping a list of those who have voted.  I may be slow in voting back, but I WILL vote back.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

Board footer