You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-04-05 02:09:50

sierradane
Members

Stop being rude to others

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r301/sierradane/f062e5da.jpg

Messages like the one above will NOT make you have more friends and it certainly won't encourage me to vote for you.

So that I will not be double posting, I thought I'd add to the top of this post.

To the person who has begged me for money in PM's and the same person who has left public rude messages: 

I have sent in my screenshots of the things you have done & said to the moderators and you have now been blocked from my main doll.  And you will also be blocked on my other dolls.

Being rude to me is no way to make me be your friend. 

Also: Please don't offer to teach me French, this is an English speaking site... the US OH MY DOLLZ and I only speak English.

I, along with a few other dolls, are getting.... frustrated? tired? sick of? some of the other dolls leaving rude messages on our pages or PMing us rude messages.  To quote one of my diva friends:

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

I don't need advice on how to dress my doll or how I should have her hair, I don't need advice on how to decorate my loft (i.e. "loving the suite its so nice but maybe u should put a little more indoors!!")  That's not to say that I don't appreciate good intentioned advice.

I know that the dolls who visit my page who are very friendly and supportive far out-number those who are childish to send the rude PM's or the rude messages and I shouldn't let it bother me.... but sometimes.... it just gets to be too much, it's "the straw that broke the camel's back"

Last edited by sierradane (2012-05-04 14:16:26)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2012-04-05 16:18:11

historygeek
Members

Re: Stop being rude to others

My fear is those individuals who are rude/disrespectful do not read the boards or do think it applies to them. 

As this is an escape from the trials of real life for many adults who play the game, it would be nice not to have to be concerned with whether or not someone will have sent you a disrespectful or unwarranted comment or message.

And the children who play on this site should not have to worry about bullying when they come to this website. There is too much of that on other sites and in real life.

I also try to not let it bother me but sometimes one must voice their concerns.

Thanks.

#3 2012-04-06 18:29:02

lilysummers
Members

Although i agree that the majority of girls and women who play here are suportive and friendly towards eachother there are always a few that cant seem to handle positive social inviorments and randomly start to vent their frustrations at people they dont even know,..me and a friend i shared this with had a good laugh a little while ago at a random PM i got from a girl ive never seen before..it said " quote"  no offence or anything but you are really ugly "...and before i burst out laughing i tried to figure out where exactly that no offence came in and if she had ever been taught basic social skills..usualy i just feel sorry for ( i asume kids ) like that, be it a twisted form of envy, jealousy,general awkardness or just plain unhappiness, nothing good comes from it on either side, i wanted to send her a friendly reply stating the same thing sierra's friend said..if you dont have anything nice to say etc and give her some suggestions on making friends but i decided not to get involved in raising someones elses children, it would probably result in more negative attention seeking.

#4 2012-04-06 18:31:19

jj-panda-chan
Members

Rude people are Rude :(

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/MateiOlivia/Ohmydollz/sigjjpandachan.png
dA/FF: Deleque
Tumblr: ask-akitaneru

#5 2012-04-07 04:11:34

historygeek
Members

lilysummers wrote:

it said " quote"  no offence or anything but you are really ugly "...and before i burst out laughing i tried to figure out where exactly that no offence came in and if she had ever been taught basic social skills..

I like when people want to criticize you and they start out with "no offense".

#6 2012-04-07 04:34:33

sajah
Members

I think it sometime comes down to them thinking along the lines of: "Oh, I am on the internet, therefore I am anonymous so that means I will not get any type of repercussions for my actions personally since no one knows who I really am."

#7 2012-04-07 05:53:45

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

sierradane wrote:

I have sent in my screenshots of the things you have done & said to the moderators and you have now been blocked from my main doll.  And you will also be blocked on my other dolls.

That is always the best way to deal with abuse/harassment on this site.

historygeek wrote:

My fear is those individuals who are rude/disrespectful do not read the boards...

I agree.  This board does not have as many users as a board on "another site" did. (We're still growing.)  Most of the people who use this board would never engage in harassment or abuse of another.

While it might feel good to come and vent about it on the board, it is also an exercise in futility (as the best way to get it to stop is by reporting it to a moderator.)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#8 2012-04-12 10:41:53

musedoll
Members

historygeek wrote:

lilysummers wrote:

it said " quote"  no offence or anything but you are really ugly "...and before i burst out laughing i tried to figure out where exactly that no offence came in and if she had ever been taught basic social skills..

I like when people want to criticize you and they start out with "no offense".

I have on One of my dollies on the comment side, the person said.. 'U no beautiful, U ugly!!'
I removed the comment as I don't care and don't want to care...
I guess the person came back to see if I replied anything...so she PM me the same comment.

I gave her a a looong HAHA's and say..."SO SUE ME!" and laugh again...
Haven't heard from the person again...LOL...rude childish peeps :p

#9 2012-04-12 16:12:59

ilovem12
Members
Website

Oh gosh the comments I've got...

I remeber one that went on and on about how my account was ugly, and I was to
honte

Then I always get a laugh about the ones who can't spell. XD

They do it for attention. Just like the bullies in the non virtual world, who probably do it for attention, and to feel something. So I always end the private reply:

I'm sorry that you have so much pain in your life, where you have to cause others pain. Just remember that someone out there loves you.!<3

Say that and you probably won't get anything back

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ml-IWPGl0sM/Uf_XT01vzbI/AAAAAAAAAt0/jMEyFVGzBzc/w400-h200-no/wallpaper30-1024x768.jpg
"I'm pure at heart, it repels the dirt" - Mortal Instruments
My photography:http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic … 33&p=1

#10 2012-04-16 13:23:11

Ancien joueur renbox
Guests

True - I've only been playing for  day or so and already got a PM telling me how stupid I was. What's the deal? There's not -that- many active users to be trolled so quickly and so frequently.

#11 2012-04-18 08:31:24

lunely
Members

I think they are only people who want to caught your attention and make you mad, makes them feel less bored, well at least that's my theory on why do people do that. The best thing to do is take a screenshot, save it, ignore it and block that person, or report it. If you pay attention to them you are giving them what they want, so never reply back.

Don't get mad, they don't know what they are saying and they don't mean it. There are haters everywhere, so you need to be the kind of people that keeps feeling happy after that.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/sorome/banner2-1.png

#12 2012-04-18 13:28:32

sierradane
Members

lunely wrote:

Don't get mad, they don't know what they are saying and they don't mean it.

I do believe they mean it or they wouldn't bother with saying whatever it was or PMing whatever they have to say.  I think the ones who PM their hateful messages vs the public messages are not as "brave" so they have to do it "under cover" or in private.

And I screenshot a lot, I just don't send in a complaint as much as I screenshot.  I ignore them for the first few times then if they continue, then I send in my screenshots and "file a complaint."

Being an online bully gives those type of people a surge or a high; makes them feel good or powerful.  More than likely, they would never have the guts to do the same thing in RL to that person's face.  Which is one reason I don't really want to have my Facebook account connected to here; I don't need their petty little comments there.  Bad thing for them about that though, Facebook is going to do a lot more to them than what "here" is going to do.  And there's going to be a lot more people who will eat that person up who might leave a stupid little insult.

It just gets old.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#13 2012-04-19 11:00:28

Ancien joueur renbox
Guests

sierradane wrote:

lunely wrote:

I do believe they mean it or they wouldn't bother with saying whatever it was or PMing whatever they have to say.  I think the ones who PM their hateful messages vs the public messages are not as "brave" so they have to do it "under cover" or in private.

And I screenshot a lot, I just don't send in a complaint as much as I screenshot.  I ignore them for the first few times then if they continue, then I send in my screenshots and "file a complaint."

Being an online bully gives those type of people a surge or a high; makes them feel good or powerful.  More than likely, they would never have the guts to do the same thing in RL to that person's face.  Which is one reason I don't really want to have my Facebook account connected to here; I don't need their petty little comments there.  Bad thing for them about that though, Facebook is going to do a lot more to them than what "here" is going to do.  And there's going to be a lot more people who will eat that person up who might leave a stupid little insult.

It just gets old.

This is one of many reasons I wouldn't connect OMD to my FB account (reason number one being that it's a secret guilty pleasure, hahah), you're just begging for a headache doing that.

#14 2012-04-20 08:50:04

lunely
Members

sierradane wrote:

lunely wrote:

It just gets old.

What i wanted to say by "they don't mean it" is it that they don't fully understand the damage they can make and the kind of person they are turning into by sending those messages, if they were that mature, they wouldn't send them. Most of them surely have a low self esteem, sending those messages makes them feel powerful, as you said, it's an ilusion, sadly thats how most of the people gain their self esteem by bullying others. But i think we should be sorry for them, as it will be difficult for them to grow up and be mature.

#15 2012-04-21 03:56:49

sierradane
Members

lunely wrote:

sierradane wrote:

lunely wrote:

It just gets old.

What i wanted to say by "they don't mean it" is it that they don't fully understand the damage they can make and the kind of person they are turning into by sending those messages, if they were that mature, they wouldn't send them. Most of them surely have a low self esteem, sending those messages makes them feel powerful, as you said, it's an ilusion, sadly thats how most of the people gain their self esteem by bullying others. But i think we should be sorry for them, as it will be difficult for them to grow up and be mature.

Indeed, it will be difficult for them to get anywhere in life. 

One of my pet peeves with people is lack of common sense, lack of manners and incorrect spelling.

To the person who spammed my PM box with the same message loaded with incorrectly spelled words and l33t sp34k.... you get an F.  10 out of 15 wrong I'd say would not get you a very good grade.  I hope you liked that screenshot I sent back with your spam. 

The scary thing about those individuals is that some of them might be running our country one day!

#16 2012-04-21 07:18:14

lunely
Members

sierradane wrote:

The scary thing about those individuals is that some of them might be running our country one day!

Yeah sad i have one of those running my country

Last edited by lunely (2012-04-21 07:22:58)

#17 2012-04-28 03:08:34

sierradane
Members

Honestly....  why is it that when these individuals send the supposed insulting private messages, they feel the need to send it 3-5 times? 

And just to reinerate:  I DO have a life and I DO know a lot more adjectives that those of you who choose to only use the "F" word as an adjective. 

*sighs*

#18 2012-04-28 10:33:32

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

While it is best to ignore them and black them there is something I love doing.
I send them a really nice message back. So they send you some abuse you send something like Thank you. That was so nice of you. It usually gets a nice really confused response from them.
Of course then I warn them off my MOD account and screenshot it.

#19 2012-04-28 16:03:08

sierradane
Members

Unless their message is TOO over the spectrum of 'doll bashing' or too 'inflamatory,' I will send them the URL of the screenshot of their message; asking if they would like for me to send that to a mod.  Probably more than half the time, they don't reply at all and they don't send anything further.  But last night, I sent off two screenshots to a mod on one particular individual then blocked them.  And yes, I know I probably should block them after the first sign of them being rude... but perhaps... they might change and see their error then appologize?  *music begins to play indicating that I must be dreaming about THAT happening*

I'd really love to post the screenshots of my latest.... "fan" but that wouldn't really do anything.  It's just so frustrating.

Last edited by sierradane (2012-05-07 03:32:53)

#20 2012-05-27 10:17:58

malu
Members

People like those give a bad impression about OMD!

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

Board footer