You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-05-10 20:28:25

melodie2
Members
Website

Doesn't it annoy you so much when you get 'copied' on OhMyDollz?

Like, it happened to me VERY recently and throughout my whole time on OhMyDollz and um..the 'other' doll site, I've been copied at least five times. I HAD to make a post on this topic and I just wanted other people's opinions on 'copying another dolls' style'. And be warned their is a kind of rant ahead since in my opinion, I really dislike the type of dolls who copy people's outfit or page (etc...) nowadays >_<

So yeah, doesn't it just annoy you when you get copied by style, page or etc...? I mean seriously, some people do really need to come up with their own style and that's EXCATLY what OhMyDollz has kindly offered to us. To express our own style and to show it off to others. That's one of the points of this game's creation.

It's okay to respect other people's style and I thank the people who respect my style, however, you cannot be 'me'. In other words, you can NEVER be me in ways of style, talents and etc... So the thing is, don't copy.

So why do people copy? Easy. They think their style is atrious and so they 'copy' to make themselves feel better, to fit in or to get positive comments and friends who will respect their 'false style'.

And well, if you don't express your TRUE style to others, you won't know if they will like it or not. And if they resent it, stick with it. It's YOUR style/outfit/, if you like what you put together, then why should you be scared of what other people think?  Have the confidence to be who you are and believe in yourself more. If they like your style then apprieciate it. I really apprieciate the people who like my style, but I certainly do not respect them back when they uhh... 'copy' it. I don't mind if you copied something that doesn't bother me or a small idea or part of my outfit, but when you copy a LARGE part of me, that starts to really annoy me.

It annoys me even more when people send me a message saying 'Sorry I didn't mean to copy you', when they find out I found out they copied me. Sure. You're sorry and you finally know you're wrong, but of course you meant to copy me. You wouldn't have copied if you were that bit sorry right?! So yeah, these PMs don't help either.

Sorry for the LONG post, I could write even more if I go on even more. So, what to do you think of this 'copying' that's becoming a big issue on OhMyDollz?

BARE IN MIND THE RULES BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING

* Do NOT mention names. This is a DISCUSSION post. Not a place to post your own personal affairs. It is not of the regular players concern. If you know someone who's been copying you a lot, please report to a moderator.
* Do NOT double-post if you're the latest person to reply to this topic. Use the 'Edit' button thank you ^_^
* No out-of-topic talk please ^_^
* Remember, this is your OPINION on this.
* Bare in mind all the RULES

Last edited by melodie2 (2012-05-11 21:06:58)

http://i.imgur.com/hcziua8.png
                         ▷ [Visit My Doll] | [My Manga Graphics]

#2 2012-05-10 20:47:34

zoey900
Members
Website

Re: Doesn't it annoy you so much when you get 'copied' on OhMyDollz?

I really hate it too!The thing that I actually hate the most is that:
1.There's not the problem that they don't make their own ideas but just with the button "Copy & paste" they took all my work for maybe hours!It's not easy to put a scrollbox,background etc in a style
2.I REALLY HATE that I need to put "by zoey900","made by zoey900" etc stuff on the graphics,layouts for my dollz that I made.I mean it somehow make it look.. well I don't really know..maybe ugly?
3.Same as you:They already copied your page and after they saw that you found them they say something like:"Sorry I didn't wanted to copy you" but they actually DID
sad

http://i.imgur.com/uKyqdwi.png

#3 2012-05-10 20:56:23

melodie2
Members
Website

Yeah, I CERTAINLY have to agree with you 100%.

I mean you own a design shop. When someone doesn't credit you after you poured your heart and effort into a creation that made it look beautiful and stunning, you would just get fed up wouldn't you? I mean, all that time and effort that goes to waste that jsut leads you to despair... Nobody wants anyone to copy them. Nobody. I certainly understand why you have the 'Made by Zoey900' mini banner for your creations even if you don't wish it existed or was there.

I just hate the fact that some people just use the copy and paste button too much for stupid reasons and they don't know what pain they left behind to the person they copied from.

In fact, when I find someone that 'copies' my doll's outfit or layout it just disgusts me.

Last edited by melodie2 (2012-05-10 21:04:06)

#4 2012-05-11 00:02:31

batsap
Members

I'm not cool enough to get copied by people... =[

#5 2012-05-11 04:38:01

saruki
Members

Copying people is really sad actually; it just shows you're an uncreative mind.

#6 2012-05-11 04:48:16

lunely
Members

yeah, it's a shame i have to sign everything i do on my layout just so it can't be copied, and if they do, everybody will know because it has my signature. My advice is sign your layouts. Also have your own picture database on some other site, and upload everything from there, if someone copies you and don't want to take it off or don't answer, simply change your file names and upload the new file names to your profile, the copied layout will just erase in the copy-cat's profile,  they won't have your layout anymore even if they didn't want to take it off.

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/sorome/banner2-1.png

#7 2012-05-11 14:10:28

zoey900
Members
Website

Another problem is that they are starting to copy layouts,graphics in other versions of Ohmydollz.The best example I can give is Arlekinlain.She had some problems with them and they copy everything even the background.Now you are forced to put "made by_____" even on the background and that's not very nice :|

http://i.imgur.com/uKyqdwi.png

#8 2012-05-11 14:36:59

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

I get copied all the time. Even right down to my username, which is pretty sad. I also see that someone that comes on OMD's has stolen my backgrounds and added them to there blog. It's just down right sad. sad

#9 2012-05-11 17:23:14

melodie2
Members
Website

Yeah, I understand with everyone that knows what's its like to be copied.

I just really hate it when I have to change my outfit or hairstyle when someone copies my doll's outfit.

Like recently, this 'doll' PMed me telling me she liked my outfit and my loft (which I submitted to the FS AND someone's contest). Then she said, you look a lot like me, and then she said that she gave me +2. I can tell you that I appreciated the +2. But then again, I  DON'T appreciate it when she 'copies' me.

The thing that SURELY gave it away was the 'P.S. I'm not copying your dollie. And I was like, oh yeah, SURE you didn't copy it. Here's me and you with a VERY similar outfit and hairstyle thst looks so much alike. That end bit of the message just gave it all away thank you very much. You wouldn't have told me that you didn't copy my doll even if you did. Adding that part to the PM tells me nothing but that all you wanted to do was protect yourself, without thinking twice about what you did to me.

'P.S. I didn't copy your dollie.' <- Dumb act. If you liked my outfit and loft I am happy that you do, but I am not happy that you even bother to waste your $$$ on MY outfit, that looks 80% the same.

The most amazing PM i've ever read.
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/399/copycat.png
I wouldn't have put a smiley on the end if I copied someone's outfit, i'll be left with the taste of guilt later anyway if I did copy.
>_>

It's  just a shame that I made a outfit that I really liked myself and then it gets copied by someone who doesn't seem to appreciate their OWN style.

Oh yeah, EDIT. Just looked on the 'doll's' page and it seems like in one of her scrollboxes it says 'I don't like copycats' which just makes me want to laugh when she is one herself. I actually wonder that, that should be on my dislike list.

Last edited by melodie2 (2012-05-11 23:35:35)

#10 2012-05-11 23:28:41

rarity
the undying
Website

batsap wrote:

I'm not cool enough to get copied by people... =[

Yeah, I'm with you on that. But I'm not complaining.

Just a tad off topic, but ever since I cut my hair short, I've realized about 10 other people have done it. It was flattering at first, but now it seems as if I were the copier.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#11 2012-05-12 17:50:19

lilysummers
Members

Batsap really is cool and original, ive always like the creations she comes up with :P, anyway yes copying is the bane of a creative persons existance..you can look at it 2 ways, not worry about it and view it as a compliment paid to you by the less fortunate and admiring people that cant do it for themselves...lets face it, you are an inspiration,the original creator is the mind that has the ability to keep renewing her style while others follow behind trying to match it..you are blessed with a gift that they lack..enjoy it....or you can get angry and fight a battle you've already won..you know it,they know it..you are better by their own admittance, pitty the petty theft and move on..its not worth the frustration and paying them any attenion.

#12 2012-05-13 17:40:15

jadefarnill
Members

To be really honest with you, i wouldn't mind if someone copied my outfit unless they entered the outfit in a contest or the fashion show. I think of it as a compliment. But i do think it is a little out of line if you made a graphic or something (for example copying hayley77 or zoey900) and claim it as their own. Please don't be all "what!? how can you say that?!" to me, its just my honest opinion

Last edited by jadefarnill (2012-05-13 17:43:01)

#13 2012-05-20 07:35:23

taemint
Members

My doll's outfits are usually from the quest's / personality tests I did (since my creativity is mediocre) so to say someone copied me or I copied them is stupid. With my internet being slow, the only thing I can put on my doll is the exact outfits I see in the upper right of my loft and probably some other accessories pleur

And yeah, I'm too much of a fashion terrorist for people to copy me intr

"When I open up, he meets me where I am"

Board footer