You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-03-27 03:55:37

campanella
Members

I need HELP!!

It's another school problem, only now I've fallen out of the pan and into the fire.

Before I start, let me give a you a back story:

For the past few months in my Geometry class, I've noticed these group of students that have abnormally high grades. One fateful day I was seated in the same table square as two of them, and as it turns out, they were stealing tests and copying off of them!!

So one day when everyone left the room I left a note for my teacher (anonymously of course) saying that she better do something about keeping her students in check because of there being cheaters. So the teacher announced to all of her classes that there better not be any cheaters (wow, seriously?). The two people (girls) whispered to each other "And we were so slick about it! Who snitched?" and from then on they've been very suspicious of me for no reason.

Which leads to today.

Since my Geometry class is at the end of the day, students tend to dash out of the room and run home. My calculator wasn't working, so I went to my teacher to ask her to help me fix it. At the last second, one of the two girls ran up and "asked" for help on an assignment while the other ran up to the teacher's desk and stole a test! Unfortunately, I saw her and she looked back at me then ran away. The teacher was TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS to this all.

So she knows that I saw her steal a test.

And now, I'm debating whether I should tell my teacher or not. The fact that these girls are stealing tests is simply unacceptable! Ans since she knows it's me that saw her, I'm afraid that if I tell, she'll automatically know it's me and retaliate.
I-I don't know what to do!! I can't leave another note nor can I send my teacher an email. I've tried to convince my parents to send an email to my teacher in my stead, but they've both agreed that the girls will know that it's me if my teacher finds out!!

1. I know the girl's name and who she's working with.
2. My school is known to be... very bad (student-wise).
3. She is a force TO BE RECKONED WITH. She's popular and can crush me within seconds.
4. The school system works like this: If you're caught cheating, you receive an F for the class, report to the administration, and it goes on both your school and police record. So no university would want you at that point.

TLDR; This is driving me up a wall. I just watched someone steal a test and get away with it. This is just insane and I don't know what to do.

Last edited by campanella (2013-03-27 04:41:07)

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d2b6d67b60782d1b9b4ae8e73c19351a/tumblr_nz4skthchB1sfm9rso1_500.png

#2 2013-03-27 04:30:40

rarity
the undying
Website

Re: I need HELP!!

I believe you should definitely report it to your teacher. It's the right thing to do.

I was in a similar situation at work when I had to file a sexual harassment report. Nothing was directed at me, but I knew what was going on and I didn't feel comfortable not doing anything about it. I'm outraged that nothing's happened about the situation. He's ony had a warning. The worst thin is that he's still doing it.

So yeah, report it.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#3 2013-03-27 06:20:06

darkjewels
Members

if i were you i'd ask my parents to put you in another school.
with your school's fame and "working-sytem" reporting is a very risky thing.
specialy since they know you saw her...

in order to report them, you'd need to ask your friends for support and plan a "war" strategy to report them or make it posible for them to get cought...

or maybe recoment the teacher to never take the tests to the school until the day they will be aplied... so he/she can prevent them from being stolen.

you need to report them, but if you do...
risky thing... what i said above is what i would most likely do in your place...
but i'm not you and if i had the power to make them bribe me for my silence, i most likely would xP

i usualy ignore what doesn't harm people... if it was bullying or sexual harassment, i would get the police in this. but a stolen test...
but again, i'm not you... risky situation indeed... hypn

good luck. be careful.
i hope you do the right thing.
and i hope you'll know what to do.

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#4 2013-03-27 09:25:19

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

Hmmm... if it were me, I'd probably maybe tell a teacher about it. But then, she knows you saw her, so it's kinda risky. I hate people like that cheaters/thieves.

Once I had a project where some popular girl was like, "Oh, you don't a have a partner? I'm your partner now, k? K." and I was like... right... I told her to bring some stuff (in which she DIDN'T) and she only asked if there was something she could do AFTER I finished the whole thing. Freaking pissed me off so much that I submitted it without her name on it, so... no credit. Bleh >:P.
I didn't care at all that she knew in the end (teacher asked why she didn't have a project)

But I don't go to a school with a hierarchy-thing where popularity mattered a lot. So it's really up to you, if you don't do it, people who know'd understand but if you do, you have my serious respect.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#5 2013-03-27 23:53:59

campanella
Members

UPDATE: I had the chance to stay a little while longer after school (and with the perfect alibi), so I waited for everyone to leave the room so I could tell my teacher to watch out because the cheater is still hanging around (and I caught her running off with another paper from the teacher's desk again. She didn't see me though). (Also, I didn't get the chance to tell her who the cheater was, but I gave her a fair warning).

I'm taking baby steps right now. Itty-bitty baby steps...

https://40.media.tumblr.com/d2b6d67b60782d1b9b4ae8e73c19351a/tumblr_nz4skthchB1sfm9rso1_500.png

#6 2013-03-28 00:59:42

darkjewels
Members

@campanella: but what you did is already a progress! good
good luck there!
gai

---

#7 2013-03-29 01:52:24

angelfire
Members
Website

Good Luck Campy.

What I would do in a situation like that, is explain my position to the teacher. Tell her what happened and why you are hesitating to tell her.
You should also ask her not to make a big announcement in class because the girl knows you saw her. I don't know how bad or good your teacher is, but most teachers are understanding.

Of course, if she is "a force not to be reckoned with" Then reckon with the force. That's what I'd do ouf but well, my school also is very much against bullying. One complaint about a person can result in a suspension and if it still happens, expulsion.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#8 2013-03-29 03:14:44

campanella
Members

ANOTHER UPDATE:
My brilliant idea to ask my friends for help has (somewhat) paid off. I asked for advice, and instead they took matters into their own hands (UNDER MY WATCH!!).
So after I left the school, my two friends waited for everyone to leave to tell my teacher. According to one of them, the teacher "looked as though she were going to murder the cheaters" since we took the test they stole today. Also, they mentioned not to make any announcements and to protect me from the girls.
I, for one, am slightly disappointed that I couldn't do it myself, but at the same time it's good to know that they'd stick their necks out for me. It makes me happy to know they'd help me out, but I also feel like I didn't take much action.

As for what is going to happen next for us or the cheaters, I'd rather not get involved anymore.

#9 2013-03-29 05:12:27

darkjewels
Members

o_O
wow. good to know your friends will back you up.
good luck!

---

#10 2013-04-03 00:41:53

picalilll
Members
Website

One of the best things about cheaters are that they don't learn anything. Their gonna fail, therefore fail at school, fail at life and get stuck working in Macdonalds.

I'd tell your teacher,and most teachers are obvious I mean... I have a story about that this time last year in English - but that isn't PG enough for this forum

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

Board footer