You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-04-08 22:24:35

iklovech
Members

How to start a conversation? Help please?

I'm a very shy person so I have trouble starting conversations with people. I was bullied a lot in school so now I have the fear of talking to anyone. I'm afraid they will be mean to me or judge me. When I do get the courage to talk to someone I either mess it up, talk to much about myself cause I'm afraid to ask them something or come off as weird.

How can I start and have a conversation with someone?

#2 2013-04-08 23:30:12

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: How to start a conversation? Help please?

Usually I just say Hi and then let them carry the conversation. You can tell I have a lot of talkative friends...

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2013-04-09 00:39:23

Ancien joueur ivy020
Guests

I have the same problem!  One way is to say, "Hi, what's up?" Or, suppose, if the person you're talking to likes dancing, ask them about their dancing or soemthing.

#4 2013-04-09 01:31:19

malu
Members

Like Angel said, 'Hi.'
They will I think say Hi back and then off to silence.. So.. You ask them a question. Something that doesn't make you sound like a stalker. Or you can tell them a like of yours and hope that they like it too. I think the key to find something you have in common.

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#5 2013-04-09 04:33:14

xemoxrockerx
Members
Website

...I shouldn't be giving advice but just ask stuff that both of you could discuss. Like maybe you both like a book or not like a book. Or fashion or games, just start with "Hi." then find a common interest to talk about.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DUQ5qc0D02A/VFrBeTyyrxI/AAAAAAAACG8/_w5ujDpgwR4/s1600/Emorocker1-sig-01.png
|Older Art. Updated: 10/17/14| Instagram : p2ionics |
| Twitter : psionic_nerd | Tumblr Writing Blog : under-latest-nostalgia |
Thanks for the ava/sig shadowchild03!

#6 2013-04-09 05:18:45

bloodyemos
Members
Website

I need help like this so much to even try to talk to the guy I like. It's hard to get a convo started when I can't really talk about the things he really likes....

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#7 2013-04-09 09:00:46

rarity
the undying
Website

I find it easier to just introduce myself and just ask questions about the other person. Therefore in the future you can ask how said things are going.

I rarely talk about myself. In fact, my best friend only found out a couple of days ago about various things I've done before.

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#8 2013-04-10 00:27:13

Ancien joueur ivy020
Guests

bloodyemos wrote:

I need help like this so much to even try to talk to the guy I like. It's hard to get a convo started when I can't really talk about the things he really likes....

Does everyone suffer from this? I can talk easily to the guy I like, if I like someone. Bloody, just find the courage to go up to him and say, "Hi! Class was SO boring" or something like that.

Board footer