You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-06-05 04:23:41

swiftwind20
Members

I'm Sad...

So, I like to take photos, and I thought it would be great to take photos of some Mardi Gras masks I have. But, I don't have any models other than myself. So I'm sitting in my room, trying to get the angle right, when my mother comes in to tell me something, and starts laughing at me. I try to tell her it's not funny, that I'm trying to get some shots of my masks, and she just laughs harder. I don't see what's so funny about what I was doing. She knows I like to take photographs. Now, all I want to do is sit here and cry, because she hurt my feelings. And I can't even vent to my friends on Facebook, because she'll see it, and then get mad at me, and then threaten to throw me out...again. And I still didn't get my shots, because my camera's dead and the lighting is horrible anyway. pleur

Follow your dreams. For as you dream, so shall you become.
~ James Allen

#2 2013-06-05 06:02:11

harajukukiki
Members

Re: I'm Sad...

Erm...Throw you out for venting about that? That seems a little bit over the top. I'd be homeless a long time ago if I was thrown out for venting.
Just talk to her and tell her that you didn't think it was funny and how you felt about it. I have no problem confronting my mom about something she did that I didn't like. Of course, don't approach her angrily but explain the situation with poise.
Either way, this generation is no stranger to people taking pictures of themselves. It's really not weird or funny that you were taking pictures of yourself by yourself.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33otxz9.png

#3 2013-06-05 06:04:25

angelfire
Members
Website

I say take the pictures anyway. You like to do it so do it. It doesn't matter what other people say.
It really was wrong of your mom to laugh at you like that but she probably couldn't stop herself in time.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 2013-06-05 14:01:16

swiftwind20
Members

@Harajukukiki: My mom has threaten to throw me out for not sweeping up cat food when she told me to, because I was rude to her, and for drinking a bottle of water too loudly. However, after I calmed down some last night, I was able to talk to her.

@Angelfire: I still plan on taking the photo, but the lighting in my room is really terrible, especially because I have yellow walls (not my choice). It just kind of turns everything yellow and does terrible things to my skin.

~ James Allen

#5 2013-06-05 19:16:07

harajukukiki
Members

swiftwind20 wrote:

@Harajukukiki: My mom has threaten to throw me out for not sweeping up cat food when she told me to, because I was rude to her, and for drinking a bottle of water too loudly. However, after I calmed down some last night, I was able to talk to her.

@Angelfire: I still plan on taking the photo, but the lighting in my room is really terrible, especially because I have yellow walls (not my choice). It just kind of turns everything yellow and does terrible things to my skin.

That's not right. It's not really reasonable to throw someone out because of such little things. That's something you should sort out with her. And how did the talk go?

http://i39.tinypic.com/33otxz9.png

#6 2013-06-05 22:31:34

swiftwind20
Members

The talk went well. She said she was sorry. She threatens to throw me out over such little things, because she knows I have no place to go. I can't afford it with the bills I have. She pulled this stuff when I was younger, and that's why I went to live with my father when they got divorced. I'd still be living with him, except he'll have been dead 3yrs next Wednesday.

~ James Allen

Board footer