You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-06-23 00:47:31

Ancien joueur carefreegirl01
Guests

Les Miserables

I'm obsessed. It consumes my life. I'm currently reading the brick and an unhealthy amount of Enjonine. So, ehmm, does anyone else like it? The musical, the movie, the book?

#2 2013-06-23 02:05:47

Ancien joueur radhacox
Guests

Re: Les Miserables

Oh, I love e very of it... It's the movie I never get bored with... love

#3 2013-06-23 08:22:31

malu
Members

I watched half of the movie. :] I love Anne Hathaway. I didn't know she could sing before actually..

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#4 2013-06-23 09:04:42

rheasilvia

I really like the book, it's interesting. I also enjoyed the movie, although it was pretty boring to me at times, but the music was beautiful. And Anne Hathawy was also singing "Somebody to Love" in "Ella Enchanted". She has quite the voice! But when it comes to Les Mis, the most amazing song in my opinion is "On My Own" sang by Eponine. It's so emotional. I think Samantha Barks was made for this role :)

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#5 2013-06-23 18:12:55

spiderwick9
Members

Well... honestly... I don't like Anne Hathaway, I don't like musicals, and I was really sceptical, but I actually really think I like it. I guess my biggest problem is the singing, and the reason everyone says it's great is because of the music....

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Kn2ynQkiWbg/Vwrll2jSJ8I/AAAAAAAACOM/jbC-otDqTLAPoCRfnzFIuYUHtk3Ovrkig/s1600/Crappy_Keeley_Signature.jpg

#6 2013-06-24 15:08:27

snortmort
Members

Oh my. I grew up on Les Mis and have always loved it. I love the book, I love the movies, I love the musical - I can sing the entire thing off by heart. When I was quite a bit younger, I got to go see it at the Princess of Wales theatre in Toronto with Colm Wilkinson singing Valjean. He is my all-time FAVOURITE Valjean (and my all-time favourite Phantom of the Opera also!)

My highschool put on a play-version the year after I graduated, but they butchered it pretty bad - wasn't a musical and they made a condensed version, so anyone who didn't know the story had no idea what was going on. It was too bad. Growing up, I always dreamed my high school would put it on as a musical - I wanted so badly to play Eponine!

I have a doll on here modelled after Les Mis - named cosette :)

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#7 2013-06-28 18:15:00

melodie2
Members
Website

*** Might contain a FEW spoilers for those who haven't watched/read Les Misérables ***

I first stumbled across Les Misérables when we was studying musicals in my music class. We watched the 2012 film/musical to see how a musical works and I can't help but say how much I loved it. At first, I thought 'what is going on?'. But as the story progresses it was like literally fliping a few pages of the book to find out what was actually happening in the present and what happened in the past to make Valjean a criminal and how he played a mayor.

I have to say though, it was really emotional at some scenes (I felt really sorry that Anne Hathway had to cut her beautiful hair off for the part, but I also undertood she was doing it to save and protect Cosette by playing Fantine). At the end when everyone was together smiling, I nearly started crying (but of course, I didn't since it was in a classroom, I can only cry in the cinema with strangers xD).

For anime/manga fans, did you know that there is actually a anime version of Les Misérables? It's called: Les Misérables: Shōjo Cosette if any of you want to watch it. I've watched it but it's based more on Cosette's view and how she lived. But it still have the exact story so don't be put off xD

http://i.imgur.com/hcziua8.png
                         ▷ [Visit My Doll] | [My Manga Graphics]

Board footer