You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-08-06 14:01:52

picalilll
Members
Website

New Doctor: Peter Calpaldi

I think Peter Calpaldi is a excellent choice. He is well known (In England anyway) and I think he will make Dr Who darker like it once was with Ecclestion and Tennant.

http://geek-news.mtv.com//wp-content/uploads/geek/2013/08/peter-capaldi-tardis-575.jpg

People are being harsh saying he's too old. He's 55....he's a little bit older than my dad. He isn't a dinosaur. My friend said he'll get tired to quickly so there will be less action....wth! He is going to be better than Matt Smith. You can't really have the Doctor getting any younger otherwise it will be some loser like Harry Styles playing him. Yuck. This older doctor is needed.

Yes he was in Dr Who when Tennant was (Fires of Pompeii) and he was in Torchwood, but who cares. He will be fantastic and Martha was in Dr who previously before being Martha. As-long as Klara goes I don't care.

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

#2 2013-08-06 14:09:32

rarity
the undying
Website

Re: New Doctor: Peter Calpaldi

omg. I hope your friends realize the doctor was originally old in the first place.

Thank god, though... Now every 20 something year old companion won't fall in love with the doctor.   :V

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zegnro.jpg
          * The wind is howling...

TUMBLR: reynir|            INSTA fierce.scarlet

#3 2013-08-06 15:21:22

subway1
Members

@Picalilll Harry Styles is most definitely NOT a loser. And, BTW, he is NOT "Yuck". Though I DO think that an older doctor is good, for it makes him more serious and scarier. But Harry is NOT a "Yuck" loser.

The Mauraders were alive that night, all four of them, you know, but it wasn't the same; only three were true and one was gone, and the one that was gone shouldn't have been. But they were together, again, and in that moment, they knew, they would never say goodbye.

#4 2013-08-06 16:21:49

amaryllis-love
Members

I love the fact that the Doctor is older. It makes him seem more real. But I did absolutely love Tennant as Doctor too. I think Peter would be my fav Doctor after him.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/Malulala/and-ariel-art-beautiful-black-Favim_zpsd3b4a655.jpg

Snapchat: lurkingpanda
Instagram: lil.miss.loco

#5 2013-08-06 21:19:30

jadefarnill
Members

Personally I wouldn't have picked him. I really do like Matt Smith and I was heartbroken when he chose to leave, but I didn't always like him. I never thought anyone could compare to David but I still watched Doctor Who (unlike some of my clueless friends) and warmed up to him. I'm really hoping the same thing will happen with Peter.

I personally would I have a picked a young, but not Matt Smith young Doctor. Maybe late thrities, early fourties? But That's is just my personal preference. But I definately won't stop watching Doctor Who either.

#6 2013-08-06 21:53:30

picalilll
Members
Website

Yeah, I think he's going to be good. There is a joke going around about him being doctor who (Can't post it, too rude)  but if you look him up in The Thick of It....cross that over with him being in Dr who. LOL.

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

#7 2013-08-06 23:59:45

shiva
Members
Website

subway1 wrote:

@Picalilll Harry Styles is most definitely NOT a loser. And, BTW, he is NOT "Yuck". Though I DO think that an older doctor is good, for it makes him more serious and scarier. But Harry is NOT a "Yuck" loser.

To some people, he is kind of bad. A lot of us here aren't super Directioners, and we have our own opinions, but I can see why you are defending him. Just be aware that not all of us like 1D.

tumblr: sirpepperston

#8 2013-08-07 00:38:03

picalilll
Members
Website

Everyone entitled to their own opinion, just mine, like most British people my age...if your above 14 you don't like them...unless you are a exception.

Doctor Who though

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

#9 2013-08-07 08:29:55

rheasilvia

I don't really know this actor but he seems like an interesting choice. I have good feelings about him. I'm not a big fan of Matt Smith's Doctor. I've only seen several episodes with him and simply couldn't bear him. I will try to watch the 11th Doctor series to catch up with the plot. It's gonna be so hard for me :)

I hope that someday they will decide to cast women as the Doctor. I know that lots of people hate this idea but I would really like that to happen.

Last edited by rheasilvia (2013-08-07 08:30:26)

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#10 2013-08-07 09:39:51

historygeek
Members

According to the 'story' this should be the last Doctor.  I'm not against an older doctor (when I was young some of my favorite actors were those other young girls my age would consider 'old').

My issue comes with the fact that he has already had two roles - those mentioned - on Doctor Who (Pompeii) and Torchwood (which was a rather large role).  I think recasting individuals is problematic (and I know Doctor Who has done it before).  And it's not like there aren't enough English actors out there who would be good for the role as well.

#11 2013-08-07 15:43:42

picalilll
Members
Website

@reheasilvia, if there has to be a female time lord, she should just appear. The doctor shouldn't be her, the ability to change gender just seems wrong. I would like the idea but then timelord biology is just messed up.

@historygeek, Calpaldi did audition to be the doctor back when Tennant was around but they casted him with another role. They didn't know then that they'd end up having a major role. He may have had previous roles but I think they will just invent a new character. There are a lot of english actors out there, and I think if you look at previous series, you see a lot of well known actors who have been it in. I was looking at the favourites, and the one black man was in it when it was Donna and the doctor vs the master...I think he was the prime minister in the story line. I don't think they are overly concerned whether you played a previous role. Probably make up an excuse or reason like with martha being in it previously. You know Amy Pond was the soothsayer in the Pompeii on also. It's obviously not uncommon.

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

#12 2013-08-08 08:56:35

rheasilvia

@picalilll, I guess I forgot that not everybody would feel comfortable with a gender change. As you said, the whole idea behind the Timelord is so messed up that a female one wouldn't bother me a bit. Or maybe we can have a dark-skinned Timelord, or an asian one? I want Jun Matsumoto to play him then XD

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#13 2013-08-08 13:41:21

amaryllis-love
Members

rheasilvia wrote:

Or maybe we can have a dark-skinned Timelord, or an asian one? I want Jun Matsumoto to play him then XD

LOL I can't wait to see that happening!

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/Malulala/and-ariel-art-beautiful-black-Favim_zpsd3b4a655.jpg

Snapchat: lurkingpanda
Instagram: lil.miss.loco

#14 2013-08-11 17:14:02

picalilll
Members
Website

I'M SO PUMPED FOR DOCTOR WHO THOUGH!!!

*OVERWHELMED EXCITED FACE*

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no