You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-08-22 23:09:18

harajukukiki
Members

Being asked out

There's a guy in my school who wants to ask me out. I've known he likes me, and that's fine. But if he does ask me out sometime, I feel like saying no.

My minor problems are that I don't know him at all. All I know is his name and that he's in my 3rd period and that he likes me. Also, 3 days a week and maybe some weekends, I have practice and I have an important position at a club that takes place weekly. Any days off, I spend resting because I'm so tired.

My biggest problem is that he's the ex-boyfriend of one of my friends. The idea of going out with my friend's ex just seems cold and I'd never do that to such a nice friend. Also, he broke up with her because they could never find time to hang out. With my busy schedule, I definitely don't have time to hang out with anyone, let alone date.

Obviously, it'll be my choice in the end but I want input from you guys.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33otxz9.png

#2 2013-08-22 23:13:35

bloodyemos
Members
Website

Re: Being asked out

I would get to know him first before making any other decisions. It is always better to be friends before you become something more to that person.

I would also ask your friend to see if that's okay. I had actually asked my ex best friend what she thought about with me liking her ex. It upset her at first but over time she accepted that I liked him and was for me wanting to date him.

With a busy schedule, you can always try to see him on days that you rest. You don't have to go out anywhere. Hanging at your house or his is perfectly fine.

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#3 2013-08-23 00:37:15

picalilll
Members
Website

Ask your friend, because otherwise a whole load of new problems to start within the group. I'd also getting to know him more, even if he asks you out on a date, if you have an attraction to him you can say yes, but as friends...for now.

But honestly, if there is no feeling towards him then why are you writing this post. If you don't like him, don't date him. Simples montr

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

#4 2013-08-23 02:58:09

harajukukiki
Members

picalilll wrote:

Ask your friend, because otherwise a whole load of new problems to start within the group. I'd also getting to know him more, even if he asks you out on a date, if you have an attraction to him you can say yes, but as friends...for now.

But honestly, if there is no feeling towards him then why are you writing this post. If you don't like him, don't date him. Simples montr

No where in my post did I say I didn't like him. I'm just saying he's not horrible person, so I might give him a chance if I get to know him and if my friend's cool with it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/33otxz9.png

#5 2013-08-23 09:10:37

rheasilvia

I think Bloody gave you a great advice.

Asking your friend what she thinks about this whole situation is best. It's obvious that you value her more than the guy that you don't even know that much.

And I also agree that it's good to try being friends first and trying to know each other better. It might turn out that you'll actually like him a lot or it might turn out that he was wrong and doesn't like you at all. Well, that last one actually happened to me a couple of times. Apparently boys think I'm a better girlfriend material than I actually am... Too bad.

And if in the end you still don't think that giving this guy a chance is okay simply because you don't feel like it then you definitely have a right to do so. Don't feel obliged to agree on everything :)

https://orig00.deviantart.net/e288/f/2018/049/a/b/adtime_banner_by_frogmakesart-dc3jjzb.png

#6 2013-08-23 15:03:51

subway1
Members

In my opinion, don't ASK your friend if you might go out with him. TELL your friend that you might go out with him. It's YOUR decision in the end, anyways, and, besides, a TRUE friend wouldn't get angry no matter WHO you go out with, no matter her ex or her crush. She might get angry for a bit, which is normal, but if she STAYS angry at you, then, well, that's not really a good sign. However, I DO agree with the other girls as to get to know him better. You don't have to become friends, in my opinion, but definitely get tot know him better. Perhaps hang out with him, talk to him about your interests, and just do stuff like that. In my opinion, a TRUE friend wouldn't care if it's her ex nor her crush, as long as you two -- or at least you, her friend -- are happy together. You should probably give him a chance, 'cause he might be a really nice guy, despite what other say. You should also ask others about him, but be sure to ask reliable people, if so. Or, if you want to keep your relationship / date more hushed, you should probably talk to him yourself. Hope this helps. :)

The Mauraders were alive that night, all four of them, you know, but it wasn't the same; only three were true and one was gone, and the one that was gone shouldn't have been. But they were together, again, and in that moment, they knew, they would never say goodbye.

#7 2013-08-23 15:48:00

snortmort
Members

I'd say if you're interested, definitely talk to your friend first. Subway says a true friend wouldn't care, but I say a true friend wouldn't stomp on her friend's feelings just to get her own way. A true friend will sacrifice something she wants for her friend.

That being said, it can be a little weird for a friend to date your ex, but life goes on and it can become normal: one of my best friends is married to one of my ex-boyfriends. It was a little awkward for a while, but now we hang out all the time as couples and it's perfectly fine.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#8 2013-08-23 16:20:16

subway1
Members

@Snortmort I didn't say they wouldn't care, I just said they wouldn't get angry. I'm sure they would care, but not get angry.

The Mauraders were alive that night, all four of them, you know, but it wasn't the same; only three were true and one was gone, and the one that was gone shouldn't have been. But they were together, again, and in that moment, they knew, they would never say goodbye.

#9 2013-08-23 20:29:52

bloodyemos
Members
Website

@Subway In high school, there are certain "codes" that go amongst students. Boys and cannot date their friends exes and neither can girls. It is ALWAYS best to ask your friends opinion. Especially if you appreciate her so much as a friend. I gave my story above about a similar situation. My friend didn't like it at first but over time she accepted my feelings towards him. It's just the right thing to do.

http://i.imgur.com/cArCc6e.png
Soldier to Be Following Enlisted, My Heart
Tumblr: The-Steampunk-Paradox|Snapchat: KatInsanity1102

#10 2013-08-23 22:05:19

subway1
Members

Mmmm...Well, with me and my friends, there is no "code". But anyways, I would still get to know him better and stuff, so, yeah.

#11 2013-08-23 22:37:14

amaryllis-love
Members

The code is basically something that goes along the lines of "chicks before *****," just like for guys it's "Bros before *****". Ya know, sort of like, you gotta ask if it would be weird at all if you date her/his ex. I mean, would you want someone you dated with whom the relationship ended on a bad note, to be seeing with one of your best buddies? I mean, you wouldn't, for an example would have more nice things to say than bad about him if he was a real douche to you, no? Wouldn't your friend also feel bad if all she heard from you is bad stuff about that guy she supposedly likes? Just sayin'.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/Malulala/and-ariel-art-beautiful-black-Favim_zpsd3b4a655.jpg

Snapchat: lurkingpanda
Instagram: lil.miss.loco

#12 2013-08-23 22:41:26

subway1
Members

Mmmm...Yeah...I guess I could see your point...I wouldn't like it if someone were to date MY ex. Yeah, true.

#13 2013-08-23 22:59:01

amaryllis-love
Members

The whole point of asking your friend whether or not she's okay with it is to show her you care about her feelings. That way, you wouldn't be at risk of hurting your friend if she still has feelings for said ex. It would be pretty bad if your friend has feelings for him and you just went and started dating him without considering it.

It has happened to me, when my best friend first started going out with my ex whom I still had unresolved feelings for and I couldn't face them for like, a whole month. I just felt really horrible, you know? When she finally asked about why I was avoiding her I just sort of exploded, but then we talked it out (at length) and now I talk with both of them everyday since I live in another country now, and also I'm happily engaged to someone else.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad218/Malulala/and-ariel-art-beautiful-black-Favim_zpsd3b4a655.jpg

Snapchat: lurkingpanda
Instagram: lil.miss.loco

#14 2013-08-24 15:15:35

picalilll
Members
Website

harajukukiki wrote:

No where in my post did I say I didn't like him. I'm just saying he's not horrible person, so I might give him a chance if I get to know him and if my friend's cool with it.

Ah okay, I just read it wrong. GOOD LUCK!

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

Board footer