You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-08-27 20:17:28

picalilll
Members
Website

Driving Test!

I failed my driving test today. I wasn't too nervous, but I still failed. But it was a good fail.

I scored 7 minor faults, which is below the minimum required of 15 (Which is pretty good). The reason I failed is, because I stalled. Not because of the fact that I stalled but the fact I stalled at a junction and wasn't quick enough to recover it and not drive off.

Despite the fact I failed, my examiner was very polite and she was impressed with my driving. She said I was really controlled and my turn in the round and response to another driver on the dual carriageway was excellent.

My driving instructor was more annoyed than I was. If I had of stalled just before or after then it would of been a pass. I'm still smiling because it wasn't a complete disaster and even though I failed, I was complimented and in that respect it built my confidence.

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

#2 2013-08-27 21:55:19

malu
Members

Re: Driving Test!

That's pretty awesome of you! Some people would give up and be all disappointed. It's nice you looked on the bright side! Well done!
I hope you pass next time! :D

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#3 2013-08-27 23:59:07

angelfire
Members
Website

Congratz! Next time then you'll be holding the little card in your hand :)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 2013-08-28 01:51:59

snortmort
Members

Around here I think a lot of people fail the first time. I don't know how your licensing system is where you are, but here we can get our G-1 at age 16 - can drive with someone who's had their G-license for at least 5 years and not on the major highways, G-2 which means we can drive on our own, and we get this I think a year after our G-1 if we've done driver's education, and then the G which I don't really know what the big difference is between it and the G-2, but it's the full license, and I had to get it in order to be able to drive my clients when I worked at a group home.

Anyway, when I was going for my G, I failed the first time because I made left turn at a 2-way stop sign and the instructor thought the car that was coming was too close but really it wasn't - I wasn't cutting them off and they didn't have to slam on their brakes. I guess the instructor just wanted me to wait until the road was clear all the way down to the lake lol. Ah well. You just try again and you'll get it! <3

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2013-08-28 02:17:24

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

You'll get it!!  I've heard it's harder to get a license in England than it is here in the u.s..  I learned on an automatic, I soo would fail at driving a standard. :P

#6 2013-08-29 00:32:53

picalilll
Members
Website

In the UK it is harder...

When you turn 17 you have to apply for a provisional license.
Then you can either get lessons from your parents OR a driving instructor.

To be taught by your parents you need to get learner plates and insurance, it allow you to go on the road.

OR

Get a driving instructor like I did... usually a lessons is 2 hours long and mine cost £46 each lesson.

To get your license you have to do TWO tests.

- Theory Test - which cost £30 each time. There are two parts to it. First 50 questions on highway code, attitude, safety etc. You must score at least 47/50 to pass. The second part is the hazard preception, where you are given 5 videos. You have to click the mouse when you see a hazard and click again when it develops. If you fail you got to take it again - and pay another £30.

- Practical Test - which cost £62 each time. There are 4 parts to it which must be done.
1) Show me/Tell me questions - you get 2 in total.
2) Reverse exercise - reverse into a bay park, turn in the road, turn around the corner or parallel park.
3) May or may not have to do a emergency stop.
4) 10 minutes of independent driving - to show your ability of following signs.

Once you pass both you have your driving licence... but then you face insurance. Thanks to the men complaining, insurance has gone up for us ladies so it's usually £1,000 or £2,000 a year. As most accidents happen when your new and tend to be mostly men.

So...round up the how much its cost me.... I've spent almost £1,500 to learn to drive.

You can't feel me, no
Like I feel you
I can't steal you, no
Like you stole me

Board footer