You are not logged in.

Announcement

#26 2011-02-04 20:40:14

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

Re: I dont like the new fashion show system

angel923 wrote:

I'm not such a big fan of it, either.

Isn't it going to INCREASE the chances of seeing the same dress twice if we all buy it from the SAME shop?

Did anyone else think this when they found out?

As I said, i'm pretty confused...

#27 2011-02-04 20:47:56

93diva
Members

angel923 wrote:

Isn't it going to INCREASE the chances of seeing the same dress twice if we all buy it from the SAME shop?

I agree with you.
I didn't think about that since I first haven't seen the "We've made it that way so we don't have to see the same dress over and over again" post, I just thought it was a new form of fashion show. But now that I've seen it I must say that it makes no sense.
I hope the next shows will be normal as I don't want to buy specific clothes to register.

Last edited by 93diva (2011-02-04 20:48:46)

#28 2011-02-04 22:49:52

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

angel923 wrote:

I did.
I won't be entering any more.

#29 2011-02-05 18:46:02

darkjewels
Members

angel923 wrote:

instead of "you must be wearing a dress from *named* store" or a certain piece of clothing, it could be "you must be wearing ANY item from *named1* or *named2* store"
so we could just buy a smal accessory and hide it behind our skirts or shoes or dresses or hair so we could express ourselves freely and have smaller chances of seeing the same outfit twice.
(should i have posted it in the suggestions topic instead?)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#30 2011-02-05 19:02:07

93diva
Members

I think it's ok you posted here..it's on topic.
And yes, I agree with you, but still it would be better if we chose the stores and the clothes we want to wear...

#31 2011-02-06 19:09:45

darkjewels
Members

thnx. bwt, good point.
the people who made this new system must be... how can i say? not inteligent at all...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#32 2011-02-08 18:04:02

sierradane
Members

I will have to join in on this "I don't like the new fashion show...." as well. 

I like everything about it, but forcing us to buy certain things from certain shops is a bit too much.  And it does put a damper on the creative side of things.  Right now, there's an Adventure going on so as for myself, I am unable to buy the things from the shops it is wanting me to.  Also, I really don't like the item in the one shop, it's just not my style.  It's okay for others, but not for myself. 

I don't have any high aspirations of ever winning the fashion show, but I do like to be in it each week.  Last week, I was amazed that I appeared in 10th place for a few minutes!  I should have taken a screenshot of it. 

But I don't believe it really matters what we think or what we like or do not like, even though it is us, the players, who are funding the company that makes this game that we all love to play.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#33 2011-02-08 20:06:42

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

It won't let me use the hairstyle I have, either!  >.<

What's wrong with long and curly? What are the 'jury' thinking?

Last edited by angel923 (2011-02-08 20:09:10)

#34 2011-02-08 20:17:29

93diva
Members

I had to ruin my outfit and then I remained with no money to buy what I needed from those stores :( I have to wait till tomorrow...I don't like this system at all.

#35 2011-02-08 20:44:50

nikkzscreams
Fujoshi
Website

angel923 wrote:

It won't let me use the hairstyle I have, either!  >.<

What's wrong with long and curly? What are the 'jury' thinking?

In French OMD's forum, Sarah posted news about the new fashion show and where to buy the items needed to join.
She also included a list of things that you are unable to wear.http://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=1227

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/169/9/7/niisan_by_plantkun-d7mz9q1.png

#36 2011-02-11 04:24:42

summersky69
Members

Well i can see alot of flaws in the fashion show first off what prevents a player making new dolls and putting those dolls in the fashion show and winning all the time.Second the way they have it now what will happen when everyone gets all the items in the stores.Their item and store thing will go down the drain then.what will the team do when this happens? they can not do nothing then the fashion show will be the same like it was before. am i right or not?

Summersky69

#37 2011-02-11 20:01:58

sierradane
Members

First off, a new player has to have at least 30 items to join.  And secondly, they (Feerik) will always be adding new items.  If every doll had every item in every store, the game would become boring after a time.  And.... the company would begin to lose RL money, therefore forcing them to close the site down.

I still don't like the way they have the fashion though.  Maybe in time we all will get used to it.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#38 2011-02-12 17:42:37

Ancien joueur cupcakes923
Guests

The 'jury' ban things such as my (why me? XD) hair, there will be more frequent seeing-the-exact-same-thing-dilema.

I really don't get this...

http://img1.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/ed5190bc9e4b8dcc4b664bd329cfccaf1231625360_full.jpg

#39 2011-02-19 07:34:08

Ancien joueur speakingspot
Guests

I think it's fine but not that much? xD Don't know. The new way of voting for the fashion show is kinda easier than the old one though. I guess.

#40 2011-02-21 09:23:06

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

I like the old one, and i'm not changing my hair for this thing. I won't enter anymore.

#41 2011-03-19 03:20:04

Ancien joueur misscutie147
Guests

I DONT LIKE IT AT ALL.
i had very little money after i completed my outfit then i went to the fashion show. it said i had to wear 2 things from kitchen land. when i bought the two things (looked for the most cheapest) it then said i needed at least 21 items in my condo to participate
i was like, WHAT THE HECK!    so i wont be able to participate in the fashion show for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG  time! hypn nrv

#42 2011-03-20 17:32:47

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

misscutie147 wrote:

I DONT LIKE IT AT ALL.
i had very little money after i completed my outfit then i went to the fashion show. it said i had to wear 2 things from kitchen land. when i bought the two things (looked for the most cheapest) it then said i needed at least 21 items in my condo to participate
i was like, WHAT THE HECK!    so i wont be able to participate in the fashion show for a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG  time! hypn nrv

Actually, in this case it is better than the old fashion show. You used to need 30 items.

#43 2011-03-20 17:49:24

moni314
Members

angel923 wrote:

Actually, in this case it is better than the old fashion show. You used to need 30 items.

You still need to have more than 30 items.

Last edited by moni314 (2011-03-20 17:50:15)

#44 2011-03-20 19:20:39

asami
Members
Website

what is more creative as to show a beautiful different style with the same basics like everyone else? to be seen out of a herd of dollz who look similiar is the best way to show its creativity. i think some of our last winners show that good

personally i can´t join the fashion show... i surf by a internetstick and it doesn´t get the graphic ouf to slow loading and so ...

at that way i congratulate this winners and all dollz who show on their creaticity on this show!

Friendship is...
if s/he congratulates you as good swimmer,
after you capsized at sailing =3
My actual contest searching for participants

#45 2011-03-21 19:13:37

Ancien joueur 1lonelycupcake
Guests

i wanted to do some outfits from my favorite moovies and so far right now im working on red riding hood..i found the dress but i need the hood..can anyone help me plz?

Thanks so much(:

-1lonelycupcake<3

#46 2011-03-22 06:20:30

sis00
Members
Website

1lonelycupcake wrote:

i wanted to do some outfits from my favorite moovies and so far right now im working on red riding hood..i found the dress but i need the hood..can anyone help me plz?

Thanks so much(:

-1lonelycupcake<3

Your post has nothing to do with the main topic. You should post this on the "Players helping players" forum :)

http://i.imgur.com/RqvqX.png

#47 2011-03-25 12:30:52

gothgirluni
Members

Back on topic, I'm actually enjoying this version of the fashion show better. I am so glad to see the dozens of entries wearing the flirt clothes are now mostly missing. The theme idea is fun too, though some people don't stick to the theme.
Because people usually need to buy something to register, there are less registrations, but they do seem to be of generally higher quality.
It is also great that you can change your doll after you have registered, without messing up your entry.
I do wish people would take the time to clear the extra junk from around their doll before they register though. I avoid voting for dolls which have a pile of tops stuck to their feet, 5 hats floating behind them, etc..

GothGirlUni - Former Moderator for OhMyDollz

#48 2011-03-27 16:26:47

Ancien joueur angel923
Guests

gothgirluni wrote:

I am so glad to see the dozens of entries wearing the flirt clothes are now mostly missing.

Me too.

#49 2011-03-30 03:31:01

kenna-luv
Members

Well! I love the new fashion show! It's really up-to-date and elaborate! If you do not want to vote for any of the three given choices, you can, with a click of a button, randomize to three other dollz! When you accidently navigate away from the page, you can go back and still have the same three choices you had before you left! It moves, did the old one do that? Nope!

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x371/cutie_kitty1/kenna-luvsignature1.jpg

#50 2011-04-13 03:47:28

ruealice
Members

mang
I don't get why people say they can't express themselves... That is what your doll and your loft is for. I see the fashion show as a seperate mini game like flirting and events. This way the fashion show is actually more challenging.

At first when I joined OMD I hated the idea of having to buy something from a certain shop but I realised later that this is a good idea. Having a theme makes it more interesting and the competition depends on who can be more creative with the items they are offered and how well they can carry off the theme. I personally only vote for dolls who stick to the theme, because that is the point of the show.

I think if you want to put a theme for the show, the only way to make sure people follow it is to make an item related to the theme a requirement. Maybe that's why the developers made it this way.

However, though I like the idea of items being required from specific stores according to the theme (eg Asian theme -> Asian Shop, Arabian theme -> Arabian Nights) I don't understand why we have to buy an item from OMD basics because that is not related to the theme.
good

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q108/silver-stag/omdsigmugilistencopy.png

Board footer