You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-02-19 00:29:31

Ancien joueur cherryberry
Guests

Copying and Wondring

Okie. So i was looking at other peoples dolls and pages and i seen the cutesit doll ever! and i was wondring if i could copy her doll but like a difarnt hair color? i mean ill keep everything i have  except the hair! but is it okie  if i take that hairstyle?

and

How do i become top doll? i really really want to be top doll! so how do i get it?!?!???!????!!

#2 2011-02-19 18:58:37

pinacolada77
Members

Re: Copying and Wondring

cherryberry wrote:

Okie. So i was looking at other peoples dolls and pages and i seen the cutesit doll ever! and i was wondring if i could copy her doll but like a difarnt hair color? i mean ill keep everything i have  except the hair! but is it okie  if i take that hairstyle?

and

How do i become top doll? i really really want to be top doll! so how do i get it?!?!???!????!!

I d0n't know about copying, but I think this game is for show YOUR style not copying each other
and to be the top doll you must to have many votes
I hope I helped  a little bit

#3 2011-02-19 20:17:52

Ancien joueur cherryberry
Guests

Thanks! you helped me! I like my new hair now that i chose it! thanks for your help!mdr

#4 2011-04-19 10:59:27

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

But.....If people copy you, you should take it as a compliment ;)

#5 2011-04-19 14:47:06

nikkzscreams
Fujoshi
Website

Rankings:
Top Loft Vote (be one of the Top 5 highest loft votes - lifetime/weekly)
Top Doll Vote (be one of the Top 5 highest doll votes - lifetime/weekly)
I think there's a new one called Top Doll, which would probably be based on the Fashion Show... I think.

If you want to see all the rankings go into the Rankings page (located at the very top of the OMD header/banner).

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/169/9/7/niisan_by_plantkun-d7mz9q1.png

#6 2011-04-19 18:59:53

asami
Members
Website

if you copy the style of other dollz you should ask them before, some may donīt like it intr

Friendship is...
if s/he congratulates you as good swimmer,
after you capsized at sailing =3
My actual contest searching for participants

#7 2011-04-20 03:42:41

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

You should definitely ask someone before copying their doll.  You may really like their doll and want to be like that person..  however think of how the person your copying might feel.   They may of spent a lot of time planning an outift or designing their house.   It can take away the person you copied enjoyment of this game or hurt their feelings or just make them outright mad at you..

I know its probably not your intention to hurt someones feelings by copying them.  But it does happen, there are girls out there that are copying just to be mean or spiteful.

#8 2011-04-20 14:50:19

selinie777
Members
Website

I agree with Asami. I know I wouldn't like it if I saw a doll very similar to mine.

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#9 2011-04-20 21:42:02

mimi078
Members

Speaking from personal experience, as someone who IS being copied out of spite... it is not a compliment (nor is it meant to be)!
nrv

"I don't know what your generation's fascination is with
documenting your every thought... but I can assure you,
             they're not all diamonds." - Easy A

#10 2011-04-21 00:46:49

selinie777
Members
Website

mimi078 wrote:

Speaking from personal experience, as someone who IS being copied out of spite... it is not a compliment (nor is it meant to be)!
nrv

Well, you can report that... or you did already. I feel badfor the perso who is being copied. :(

http://i.imgur.com/Ju08uZ5.png

#11 2011-04-21 01:11:27

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

cherryberry wrote:

No, I don't think you should copy anyone's doll. They used their creative side to create their doll/page. Look at it this way, it's just like me or another player taking your screen name and using it as my own. Which doesn't feel good either. No matter if you change the hair color or not your still copying and people will get angry.

#12 2011-04-21 09:20:39

Ancien joueur pettel
Guests

same, that is true, but not everyone has to be different. they'll still be a bit of uniquness some where. there are sooo many dollz on here, anyone could copy your style even without taking one peek at your doll....

#13 2011-05-01 00:52:17

hope4peace
Members
Website

God did not make us to be copycats. :) I'm telling you that it isn't good to copy each other's looks because you see how that'd be wrong right? Imagine that in real life, you'd be twins even if not so. If you're willing to copy, ask the member first before doing it immediately. Copying isn't right most of the time, just imagine looking off other peoples test' just to get answers. That'd be way wrong!

http://i.imgur.com/05532.png
希望英尺鹿晗

#14 2011-05-01 04:04:49

Ancien joueur talin707
Guests

omd ouf pleur

EDIT: limited smiley by asami

Last edited by asami (2011-05-01 14:52:50)

#15 2011-05-01 07:37:58

sis00
Members
Website

talin707 wrote:

omd ouf pleur quoi sad star lvers lvers magic mang

Please limit the use of smilies on the board to maximum 3 only :)

http://i.imgur.com/RqvqX.png

#16 2011-05-01 14:53:29

asami
Members
Website

talin707 wrote:

omd ouf pleur

EDIT: limited smiley by asami

+ donīt be off topic and donīt spam!

Friendship is...

#17 2011-05-01 19:06:13

Ancien joueur shootingmoon
Guests

cherryberry wrote:

and

Being top doll takes a lot of work. ^^ Of course everyone wants to be it. This is OMD World after all. I think that's kind of the purpose of OMD. Top dolls usually play on this site for quiet a while. Top dolls have lots of votes and clothes and furnitures so you should at least have a lot of clothes and furniture. Another way is to have a lot of friends. ^^ Making friends is fun and easy to do. :D You just have to be polite and stuff.

About the copying doll thingy, there were a lot of people copied some of my stuff before and I hate that feeling so I think you should at least be creative with yourself and not copy but just to make sure it's the right thing to do, you should at least ask the owner if you can copy this or that. ^.^ Hope that helps.

#18 2011-05-02 19:03:53

asami
Members
Website

shootingmoon wrote:

Being top doll takes a lot of work. ^^

uhm... sry, but since everybody use a army of votedollz, it isnīt hard to be a topdoll honte

iīm never use more than one doll at a server and be really upset of seeing this kind (for me) of cheating nrv

Friendship is...

#19 2011-05-02 21:48:45

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

asami wrote:

shootingmoon wrote:

uhm... sry, but since everybody use a army of votedollz, it isnīt hard to be a topdoll honte

iīm never use more than one doll at a server and be really upset of seeing this kind (for me) of cheating nrv

So, theres where im confused..  Rule is we can have alternate accounts but cant say they are (voting accounts)  but obviously people are using them as such.  Maybe if you make the rule a bit more clearer..  Since its basically saying, I dont care if you break the rules - just dont admit your doing it..  Or thats what I got out of it anyway.

Basically its impossible to win top doll/top loft if you do not have a lot of voting *ahem* alt. dolls.  at this point. 

I've pretty much quit voting all together, since I dont really see the point anymore.  People arent voting because they like someones doll..  Most are voting to get a vote back.  Im so tired of getting comments like "+2 please vote back to (insert their main dolls name here):  &  the "if you vote for me i'll vote for you"

#20 2011-05-02 23:42:36

Ancien joueur shootingmoon
Guests

asami wrote:

shootingmoon wrote:

Ah, yeah. It's not hard if you have a lot of daily voters but the hard part is that you have to get on daily and start voting for this doll and then that doll and then this doll and go on....mdr

#21 2011-05-04 22:07:23

asami
Members
Website

shootingmoon wrote:

Ah, yeah. It's not hard if you have a lot of daily voters but the hard part is that you have to get on daily and start voting for this doll and then that doll and then this doll and go on....mdr

yeah and thatīs like cocobelle said "People arent voting because they like someones doll.." if you get votes you donīt have to vote back, if you donīt like the dollz style or loft. i mean, do the dollz with that much alternative account a fully appropriate furnitures? mostly not... even the lofts are empty sometimes, yes that deserved 500 votes every week...

well stop now asami... you are off-topic... i should open a new discussion topic for that ^^

back to the topic: if you like the style of a doll and want to adapt it, ask her before!

Friendship is...

#22 2011-05-08 04:29:08

sierradane
Members

Something I am curious about: If daily voting is discouraged, then why is there a forum for just that:  "Vote Exchange"  ?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

Board footer