You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-08-11 23:52:21

wazaga
Members

What's your best way to get around an Animated Room?

hello everyone,

so, for those of you lucky enough to get some of the animated rooms, I must admit that they are fancy and fun to design. but some of the backgrounds are kinda hard to work with, especially when you can't replace them by buying a background over it.

this in turn leaves you with coming up with a smart way to cover up a useless background so that your room becomes, well, usable!

for me, it was the Ice Palace. it's a beautiful room, surely, but decorating it has been near impossible ever since I got it, so for the longest time it was left untouched...

until today! I was finally able to make use of some of the mythical items from a previous quest or two and finally turned the blue ice monstrosity into an awesome mythical adventure filled with magic, monsters, and of course, treasure!

that was my solution, what was yours?

lets see what your thoughts and awesome creations are! feel free to visit mine and maybe borrow some ideas.

take care all,
Wazzy<3

That's not poison, it's Pirate Juice!

#2 2012-08-12 04:55:11

swiftwind20
Members

Re: What's your best way to get around an Animated Room?

Well, used the big wall pieces in the Dollz Story store to cover the walls for my 3rd Bedroom and the Fantastic World room to create a space/heaven room and a room based off the books, The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart and Guardian of the Balance by Irene Radford.

Follow your dreams. For as you dream, so shall you become.
~ James Allen

#3 2012-08-12 13:08:28

wazaga
Members

swiftwind20 wrote:

Well, used the big wall pieces in the Dollz Story store to cover the walls for my 3rd Bedroom and the Fantastic World room to create a space/heaven room and a room based off the books, The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart and Guardian of the Balance by Irene Radford.

that really is fantastic! I especially love your crystal cave. may I ask where you got the small shower of demons that are near the end? they can be put on the doll like an accessory.

#4 2012-08-12 22:24:39

swiftwind20
Members

Follow your dreams. For as you dream, so shall you become.
~ James Allen

#5 2012-08-12 22:53:09

wazaga
Members

swiftwind20 wrote:

They were in this quest:

http://us.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5746

ah hah, thank you kindly.

#6 2012-08-13 02:16:51

sierradane
Members

wazaga wrote:

hello everyone,

so, for those of you lucky enough to get some of the animated rooms, I must admit that they are fancy and fun to design. but some of the backgrounds are kinda hard to work with, especially when you can't replace them by buying a background over it.

this in turn leaves you with coming up with a smart way to cover up a useless background so that your room becomes, well, usable!

for me, it was the Ice Palace. it's a beautiful room, surely, but decorating it has been near impossible ever since I got it, so for the longest time it was left untouched...

until today! I was finally able to make use of some of the mythical items from a previous quest or two and finally turned the blue ice monstrosity into an awesome mythical adventure filled with magic, monsters, and of course, treasure!

that was my solution, what was yours?

lets see what your thoughts and awesome creations are! feel free to visit mine and maybe borrow some ideas.

take care all,
Wazzy<3

Very creative!!

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#7 2012-08-16 10:46:53

malu
Members

Wow! love the way you decorated the room wazaga!

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#8 2012-08-16 17:22:17

batsap
Members

Wow, wazaga and swiftwind20, your rooms look amazing!

I haven't done anything interesting with my ice palace, I'm awful at this interior design stuff(!), but I did try to turn it into a pirate's lair cut deep into an ice cave.

It's a good idea using the big wall pieces that some of the adventures have, because I never know what to do with them! But of course they're perfect for covering up a room you're having trouble decorating! Thank you for the idea =]

Board footer