You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-12-19 01:31:02

lilylondon
Members

US OhMyDollz Privileges?

I saw lately that the most recent dresses in the inspiration store are from a French player, fair enough that they have contests like this since OhMyDollz is based in France, but also by a German player? I'm sorry to vent, but what privileges are we given?
So, I sauntered over to the German board to see how many topics they have in comparison to us... there's even a board about Manga and Anime? There are competition / contest boards, and, of course, the Official Design contest board (for the inspiration store). It's unfair that true talent can't be recognized easily because not many people have the patience to start a new account on a whole new website just in order to enter a competition on the boards. So, my question is, what are the privileges we get? Every other board has the exact same topics as us and more; we are barely allowed to participate in contests we have a good chance of winning.

non

#2 2012-12-19 02:22:15

darkjewels
Members

Re: US OhMyDollz Privileges?

not to mention that there are more people ho speak english in the world then people who speak german or french, however, the players who speak those languages appear to be more dedicated than the ones who speak a language we understand...
i also noticed, on the french board, that they have access to a larger variety of emoticons... ¬¬
intr

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#3 2012-12-19 02:27:36

hayley77
Chat moderator

i cant blame them , look at the number of people on the US board !! they are countable , very very few i almost know everyone that posts on the board and i rarely see someone new

why make a contest here when maybe just 10 or 20 might join !! where on the french / german 50 and more join.

i dont look at it from a player's point of view, cauz if i did its unfair, i look at it from their point of view maybe ?? if thats how it is !! and same goes for other stuff.

#4 2012-12-19 03:05:27

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

hayley77 wrote:

i cant blame them , look at the number of people on the US board !! they are countable , very very few i almost know everyone that posts on the board and i rarely see someone new

why make a contest here when maybe just 10 or 20 might join !! where on the french / german 50 and more join.

This!

One of the last contests we had on this board, I had to ask for. It was when they were having the 5th year anniversary contest on the French site (where the grand prize was a shopping trip with Sarah herself.)  Because the grand prize was to take place in France, understandably we could not take part.  So, I asked if we could have a contest that we could take part in.  Feerik and the GM kindly agreed...even going so far as to offer fee'z for the rewards.

Guess how many people entered?  A handful (I believe I was told it was less then 5...and a few had obviously cheated.)

So, why go to the effort of creating a contest for only a few people to enter?

We do still get contests on here that we can enter from time to time.  Keep an eye out for those.

As for the privileges we get playing on the US site...well, certainly we don't get all the privileges France might (but we do get most. I'd estimate we get about 90-95% of what France gets.)  It's something we have to live with if we choose to play on this site.  But, I would say our site is definltey better moderated then most of the other sites (in my humble opinion.)  We don't have the rampant self-voting that takes place on other sites, we do our best to prevent cheating in other areas, and we have moderators who do a lot behind the scenes that many player aren't even aware of. (Just to name a few.)  Plus, you get to talk to people in the language you speak (or are learning, or a second language, etc.)

There are pros and cons to playing on the US site.  Only you can weigh them out and decide if it's worth it for you to continue playing on here.  If not, you are free to try another server/country or even another game.

P.S. If you really want to take part in the designing contests on the French server (or another server), make a doll there (as another player has.) You don't need to spend money on it, but it will allow you to enter those contests.

P.P.S. I should also add...having a design contest on here for us was discussed (right around the same time as the contest above was being held.)  Based on the poor showing, it was decided it would be better for players who wish to take part in the design contests to create an account on the other servers (that hold the contests) as there just aren't enough people here who would be taking part.

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

Board footer