You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2011-05-09 14:14:29

snortmort
Members

New Buttons - "Tweet" and "Share"

Um. Has anybody else seen the new buttons on top of dolls' pages? There is a link to "Tweet" a doll on Twitter or to "Share" a doll on Facebook.

Feerik never told us this was happening. I'm not 100% comfortable with that. I, for one, would never ever want my OMD stuff appearing on Facebook. Were they planning on ever announcing this new feature?

Is anybody else out there not happy with these new buttons? I, for one, do not want anybody 'tweeting' or 'sharing' my stuff out there! intr

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#2 2011-05-09 14:57:15

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Re: New Buttons - "Tweet" and "Share"

wöw... you bring up a valid point that I had not previously thought of!  My biggest complaint (to date) about the addition of the "social networking navigation bar" (for lack of a better term) was that it slows down the processing speed.  This has been particularly evident during the "Catch Them All" events... I first noticed it with the April Fool's Day aquarium window.  I used to be able to collect 50 symbols in 10 minutes... since the installation of the new toolbar, it takes easily twice that (and that's a conservative estimate)!

Your new observation makes me doubly unhappy about this addition... and, you are right, there was no announcement.  When it appeared, my assumption was that it was another way for Feerik to generate revenue streams... as well as increase visibility.

I agree with you, I don't like the idea of someone posting my page to some unknown audience.  I like the idea of someone posting my minor children's page to a social networking site even less.

Board footer