You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-07-04 10:43:45

sarah
Administrator

[Gift] Special: United States National Day!!

Hi there Dollz !

Today is the Independence Day !
But without Will Smith... or maybe I should say Jaden, for all those who are going to succeed to their fathers!

Ufff, I'm going out of theme...So! The Indipendence Day is the USA National Day! And if you talk about USA, you cannot mention the uncle Sam!

If you go in your loft BEFORE Friday 5th July at 10AM , you will receive this outfit!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/apercu-americain.png

Yes, it's not a dream, we offer you these  7 items that form this "Uncle Sam" outfit:

- Belt
- Hat
- Hairdress
- Dress
- Panties
- Shoes
- Bundle of notes

As usual, here for you a bit of information about this celebration :

Thr Independence Day ou Fourth of July  is the USA National Day and commemorates the Declaration of Indipendence from Grait Britain on 4th July 1776.
This is a day of ceremonies celebrating the history of the country, its government and its traditions: including fireworks, parades, barbecues, picnics, baseball games.

It's like the American dream one day a year ^^

Enjoy the game on #OhMyDollz !

#2 2013-07-04 13:47:35

malu
Members

Re: [Gift] Special: United States National Day!!

For a minute there I actually thought it was a dream! O.O I think this is the first time they gave us the whole outfit for a gift!
Thank you Feerik and Happy Independence day!! <3
Today's also my 6 year old cousin's birthday. :D

Last edited by malu (2013-07-04 13:52:14)

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#3 2013-07-04 14:12:19

sierradane
Members

I do love the gift, thanks!!!  (even though it's the wrong hair color for me... that will look good with another doll)  (although, the money in my shoe makes me feel like a redneck stripper)

Last edited by sierradane (2013-07-04 14:16:29)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2013-07-04 15:02:31

snortmort
Members

lol Sierra you made me laugh with the shoe comment.
This is a pretty sweet gift - I love when the country national days come around b/c Feerik always spoils us. Can't wait to see what they have in store for Sarah's birthday this year, too!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a399/snortmort/storybooklove.jpg

#5 2013-07-04 15:51:19

saffirelle
Members

I love the outfit so much! Thanks a lot Feerik!
@Sierra: I thought the same thing as you when I saw the shoes..

http://i65.tinypic.com/jhrl04.png

#6 2013-07-04 17:43:03

angelfire
Members
Website

Lol same thought here ^^
But I honestly became bugeyed seeing this! I was like "i hope we get a flag or maybe an eagle would be nice perched on the arm." But oh my! A whole outfit! Thank you so much feerik i love it!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#7 2013-07-04 18:10:42

lilysummers
Members

and here i was hoping these green notes where raffle tickets, which i would find more appropriate for a day as the 4th of july :P
I am not american but i would hope that its not a day to celebrate materialism, somehow i think the american dream stands for a little more then that :)
Happy 4th everyone!

#8 2013-07-04 19:45:22

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

Thanks for the gift Feerik, but I do not get the whole concept of having money on the outfit. 

@ sierradane hahaha that's funny!!!! Redneck stripper!!!

#9 2013-07-05 02:08:22

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Lilysummers, is is NOT a day to celebrate materialism, it is a day to celebrate with family and friends; picnics and fireworks. I couldn't understand why they would put MONEY on the outfit, then I remembered that once upon a time the American Dream meant to migrate to  America in order to strike it rich and make for themselves a life out of poverty. So that would explain the money. But that is a little out of date...The American Dream means so much more than that now.
Anyway, Happy Independence Day! I just love the outfit, the top/bottom and especially the star tights!

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#10 2013-07-05 05:06:04

darkjewels
Members

lady0filia wrote:

Lilysummers, is is NOT a day to celebrate materialism, it is a day to celebrate with family and friends; picnics and fireworks. I couldn't understand why they would put MONEY on the outfit, then I remembered that once upon a time the American Dream meant to migrate to  America in order to strike it rich and make for themselves a life out of poverty. So that would explain the money. But that is a little out of date...The American Dream means so much more than that now.
Anyway, Happy Independence Day! I just love the outfit, the top/bottom and especially the star tights!

XD i heard people from France don't have much sympaty for the USA (this information may be wrong. or not XD) and friends of mine who have been to france told me that if you'd speak english in France, the waiters and everyone else would look down on you.
so, yeah, i guess(based on what i heard of France) the consumism/materialism is the steriotype France has towards the USA.

and for those who live in USA:
HAPPY(late) INDEPENDENCE DAY! aomd_fan

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#11 2013-07-05 06:34:58

icefoxes
Members

Just came home from a spectacular firework show, and I was happy to find that I get a free gift today! ^.^ Thank youuu!

#12 2013-07-05 06:58:22

goldenlightt
Members

darkjewels wrote:

XD i heard people from France don't have much sympaty for the USA (this information may be wrong. or not XD) and friends of mine who have been to france told me that if you'd speak english in France, the waiters and everyone else would look down on you.
so, yeah, i guess(based on what i heard of France) the consumism/materialism is the steriotype France has towards the USA.

French people may react rudely if you speak ANY other language, not only English, but it has nothing to do with a steriotype (even though in many countries they see Ameicans as consumists/materialists). They see it as a sign of respect when at least you make the effort to speak their language, and then, they will hear whatever you want to say in English. Their culture is quite different from ours in many ways, and that's something you have to keep in mind whenever you speak to them.

And by the way, I LOVE the outfit, thanks!

Last edited by goldenlightt (2013-07-05 07:00:42)

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

#13 2013-07-05 06:58:57

laurabow
Members

Thanks for the outfit, Feerik!  I especially love the starry tights.

#14 2013-07-05 20:17:07

darkjewels
Members

goldenlightt wrote:

French people may react rudely if you speak ANY other language, not only English, but it has nothing to do with a steriotype (even though in many countries they see Ameicans as consumists/materialists). They see it as a sign of respect when at least you make the effort to speak their language, and then, they will hear whatever you want to say in English. Their culture is quite different from ours in many ways, and that's something you have to keep in mind whenever you speak to them.

i see... so that's why...
thanks for the information ^-^

XD i forgot to thank feerik for the cute outfit XD

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

Board footer