You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-07-20 17:48:22

sarah
Administrator

[Gift] Special: Belgium National Day !

Hi there Dollz !

This Sunday, 21st July, it's the Belgium National Day!

Here on #OhMyDollz, we want to offer you a Saint-Hubert !

Not the tipical butter, but the breed of hunting dog!

This dog breed has its origin in the city of Saint-Hubert in Belgium.

You just need to go to your loft BEFORE Sunday 21st July at Noon to receive it!!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/saint_hubert.png

And because a bit of general knowledge is always good :

Since 1890,  Belgium National Day is celebrated on July 21st.

This day marks the independence of Belgium.
After the Belgian revolution in 1830, the National Congress decided  Belgium to be a kingdom. It's Leopold of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha who became the first King of Belgium on June, 4th, 1831.

On July 21st, 1831, the King oath to be faithful to the Constitution, marking this way the beginning of an independent Belgium under a constitutional and parliamentary monarchy.

A bit more of interesting information:

Now you know St. Hubert dog is from Belgium. But why Saint-Hubert?

Saint Hubert was a prince from the Clovis house, king of France. He was twelve years old when, during a hunt, he saw an angry bear attack his father hugging his formidable claws.

At this show, he shouted to heaven: "My God, give me the strenght to save my father!" He went toward the ferocious animal and killed him.

This fact is, without doubt, the first reason for St. Hubert to get the reputation of "Patron of hunters".

Time later, on a Good Friday, Hubert was in the Ardennes forest to hunt.

Suddenly, a deer stopped in front of him. Between the horns of the animal shined a brilliant cross, and a voice spoke these words: "Hubert. Hubert If you don't convert yourself to a holy life, you will go to hell soon!"

He radically changed his life becaming a Christian monk and breeding hunting dogs.

After his death, the monks have kept the race. They offered each year to the King of France six samples among the best dogs for the Royal Hunts.

Because of their qualities, Saint-Hubert dogs were very apreciated. However, today, they are progressively replaced by hunters who preferred faster and "new" breed.

Bishop Saint-Hubert became the patron of hunters and protector of hunting dogs. He is invoked against rabies and snake bites.

We wish a good celebration to uor belgian friends and a good weekend for everybody!!!   aomd_bisous

#2 2013-07-20 22:12:40

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: [Gift] Special: Belgium National Day !

Hey hey hey!! Its the dog from the Fox and the Hound ^^

Hmm i only know if one alt the would like that gift. Im not very find of dogs but its beautifully detailed!

Thanks feerik!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2013-07-20 23:00:00

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

Has anyone actually received this dog?  I checked in both my loft and in "My Things", and it does not appear to be there.

I also check my French account, with the same results... no dog.  I then checked their Forum for reports of a "bug" and, not only is there no Bugs topic... there is no News announcement about the Belgium National Day!

Sunday is, in fact, July 21st... so it seems like this date/event is current/correct, but

Sarah wrote:
You just need to go to your loft BEFORE Sunday 21st July at Noon to receive it!!

Sunday at noon (game time) is fast approaching quoi

#4 2013-07-21 01:05:15

melodie2
Members
Website

Just a quick note to those who hasn't recieved it yet:

I think the bug may have been fixed now.
The dog has appeared in my loft as I've just logged in.
I think it may have been a bug with the server or system but try to visit your loft again if you haven't already before time runs out ^_^

Happy Gaming!

http://i.imgur.com/hcziua8.png
                         ▷ [Visit My Doll] | [My Manga Graphics]

#5 2013-07-21 05:35:19

rosered86
Members

What a beautiful Bloodhound!

#6 2013-07-21 22:02:23

goldenlightt
Members

I think the bug was fixed because I have recieved the dog too

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

Board footer