You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2013-10-08 11:23:16

sarah
Administrator

[Fashion Show] New Theme: The Two Essential Ones!

Hi you fashion designers!

Since I've been working as a fashion designer assistant, I haven't had an hour for myself!

My boss wants me to be with him all the time!

To the point that when we go on business trips, I don't take too much clothes so he has space for his drawings in my suitcase...

During the Fashion Week, my boss, Mister Sexy Designer, did realize that I always have the same fashion accessories.

But to make sure others do not notice, I always wear them in different ways...

Once more, that gave him an idea for a new show: The two essentials ones

The idea is all very simple... all the models must have two accessories in common... To show that even by using the same elements, many different styles can be represented!

To take part in this show, you just need to use the 2 imposed elements!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/Dollz/Defile_de_mode/theme_defilemode.png

To participate, your doll will have to use AT LEAST one copy of both elements:

The Bracelet from the Amethyst store => Jewels => Bracelets => Page 1 => 5 $$$ => 12 colors
and
The bun from Helly77's Shop => Fashion Accessories => Wigs => Page 3 => 3 $$$ => 11 colors

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/defile_20131008.png

No particular style is imposed, you just need to make up an outfit you could see in a Fashion Show!!

You have until  Monday October 14th at 10AM (French time) to make up the most original and fascinating outfit for Mister Sexy's show, make the most of it!

You mustn't use :

- Models to walk by two

- A scene creation (no furniture sticked to your doll...)

- The ready-made outfits from the cupboards (the elements can be used separately)

- Fantastic outfits (chimeras, angels, demons, sirens...)

- Fantastic effects (animated glitter, items floating around your doll, energy balls....)

- Gifts you received from your friends

To register this week, you need:

- At LEAST 1 element from the Helly77 Shop: http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/fr/hales-2.png

- At LEAST 1 element from the Amethyst store: http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/fr/amethyst-2.png

I remind you that if you can not follow the requirements of the subject, it is better to wait for the next contest instead to be banned for non-compliance with the theme.

Make sure your outfit is consistent and complies with the theme before you register.
Also check that there are no objects attached to your doll that you do not want to show. If the object is not attached to your doll, it will not be visible during the show!

[b]You have until Monday, October 14th at 10 AM to make up a wonderful outfit, make the most of it!

Have a nice week and make up the most original outfits ever on #OhMyDollz! aomd_smile

#2 2013-10-08 14:53:07

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: [Fashion Show] New Theme: The Two Essential Ones!

This sounds like fun :) I shall try it!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2013-10-08 19:01:14

tulpen
Members

I don't understand the topic... anyone? Help! quoi

#4 2013-10-08 19:45:56

goldenlightt
Members

@Tulpen You have to wear the bracelet from Amethyst's and the bun from Helly's. The idea is to be creative in the way you wear them (e.g. using the bracelet as a necklace). The rest of the outfit is not theme-based, so you can choose as long as you're not wearing any of the forbidden items. I hope that helps! :)

Last edited by goldenlightt (2013-10-08 19:46:33)

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

#5 2013-10-09 03:59:11

angelfire
Members
Website

I put my doll manaal if anyone wants to see it :)

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#6 2013-10-10 02:38:46

darkjewels
Members

i hope they make more shows like this. star
i'm not joining this one, but that's a briliant idea! good

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#7 2013-10-10 03:50:56

april
Members

So we have to buy specific items instead of using items from those stores we already have? Buy buy buy more, no thanks.

To love another person is to see the face of G-d.  -Victor Hugo

#8 2013-10-11 00:40:17

hollymoua
Members

Sarah i think u got the prices mix up. it's $5 DB for the bracelet and $3 for the wig

#9 2013-10-13 18:21:00

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Please please all make sure you're using the right bun and you're not dressing up as fantastic creatures of any kind. I've just had to disqualify a lot of people for not reading the rules properly.

EDIT: The items need to be visible. If I can't see it. I will D/Q you.

#10 2013-10-14 08:49:22

sarah
Administrator

hollymoua wrote:

Sarah i think u got the prices mix up. it's $5 DB for the bracelet and $3 for the wig

Thanks !!!

#11 2013-10-15 12:51:01

thedove
Members

sarah wrote:

hollymoua wrote:

Thanks !!!

hello, I put my doll in the parade but I do not have the location of the score, my doll is still in the box, can you help me?

Elected Miss Ohmydollz in January 2013
Elected Miss LoftCréation
My second doll "ShayleenKook"
Doll by MillieJones 🧡🦁🐱             FR

#12 2013-10-15 13:32:06

Ancien joueur befayre
Guests

Looks like they decided to do disqualifying again, so maybe you were disqualified? I'm sure you were following the theme coz you always do. I bet it's like others I know - disqualified because they couldn't see the hair piece or bracelet easily enough.
Pity they go from one extreme to the other - full of people not following theme, to eliminating almost everyone. Just saying.

#13 2013-10-16 00:47:54

ribbonheart
Members

I have everything wore and appeared on my doll but i was disqualified, and it was in the last seconds of the show. S I cant register anymore.. intr sad

SWIFT 💋💄

#14 2013-10-16 04:11:23

sapphireswan
Members

ribbonheart wrote:

I have everything wore and appeared on my doll but i was disqualified, and it was in the last seconds of the show. S I cant register anymore.. intr sad

Same thing happened to me. I had both the bun and the bracelet and was disqualified because they couldn't see one of them well enough. I am guessing it was the bun, but it was right there in her hair. All well there is always next weeks fashion show to enter.

#15 2013-10-16 10:05:24

evadiva
Members

Me too! I'm gobsmacked. I've just seen forbidden objects in the FS & at least one who doesn't have the requested objects, but you know that's fine, it's always been that way.
I, along, with many others try really hard to stick to the theme & personally I find it great fun. I'm sorry but what got me was the fact that we got kicked at the last minute. The bun couldn't be seen, actually I had 2, & they are both visible in my case too, not completely visible but nonetheless visible (I haven't changed my doll, she's still dressed the same), but you know that's okay I accept it. The thing is, I would've at least liked the chance to remedy it. I'd been registered since Thursday morning thus giving the necessary time to be disqualified. While I & I'm sure many many others appreciate the cleaning up of the FS (I do know what's involved), there are right ways & wrong ways to do it. Hoping it doesn't get taken the wrong way, I mean no disrespect but I think doing it at the last minute was a little bit harsh & a little out of the blue.
With affection & appreciation for all the work that you all do on the forum,
Eva xxx

#16 2013-10-16 13:28:04

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

At this point since most of you have undressed from the fashion show, I can't tell if it was me who DQ you or why. There are a couple of dolls where it is very hard to see the items but I have been through every single doll (there is one who needs to go after a confirmation from Sarah about the rules) today.

I do my best, closely examining each person. If you think there is someone who shouldn't be in there please feel free to PM and I will take a look.

I can only apologise if you were remove incorrectly. As far as I remember possibly one of you was wearing wings. The rules of this show expressly forbid fantastic/magical outfits. No wings allowed.

May I suggest that in future that when you register and until the show starts that you keep you fashion show outfit on so I can at least go to your doll and try and find the items if they're not immediately visible.

#17 2013-10-16 18:28:25

moonglow
Members

I assume by no models walk by two, that you shouldn't have a doll attached with your main doll, that it should just be you by yourself!  I saw one that had 3 attached!  I'm glad these things are being caught. Thanks

#18 2013-10-17 09:29:24

evadiva
Members

Thanks for your answer Anyamalfoy!
It's actually stated in the rules that once you have registered in the FS you shouldn't change the outfit on your doll (I presume for the duration of the registration week) so that it can be checked ;)

#19 2013-10-17 14:32:30

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

I was voting in the show today and saw a few dolls that keep repeating and I don't see where they're using their items.

#20 2013-10-17 15:04:19

ribbonheart
Members

There should be something we can click on the fashion show that would able us to report somebody.

SWIFT 💋💄

#21 2013-10-18 00:19:54

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

Can you girls give a general description of the dolls you think haven't got the required items. Or a screenshot. I'll be happy to review them.

Board footer