You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-02-24 18:39:47

sarah
Administrator

[Fashion Show] New Theme: Colorblock!

Hi Girls!

This week, the Fashion Week takes place in Paris!
I'm sure you already heard of colorblocking! It's a new trend and for this fashion show, we only want to see colorblocked outfits on our catwalk!

Colorblock means that your outfit is composed of exclusively 2-4 bold or bright colours.

The theme for the next Fashion Show is: Colorblock!

From Tuesday at 10:00 AM (CET) you can register for the show.

There's time until Monday March 3rd at 10:00 AM to make up your outfit, make the most of it!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/Dollz/Defile_de_mode/theme_defilemode.png

You are allowed to use:

- a mannequin to change your dollz' skin colour

You can get more information on the board by clicking on "Details about the Show" on the upper right side of the Fashion Show contest registration page.

You can also ask questions on the topic about the show.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

To register this week, you have to:

- Use AT LEAST 1 element from Cindydollz http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/fr/cindydollz-2.png

You mustn't use :

- Characters beside your doll
- Fantasy elements (wings, elf-ears, etc)
- Ready-made Outfits (including those from the Chests and the Cupboards)
- Decoration or clothes that hide parts of your doll to change the posture
- Gifts you received from your friends

I remind you that if you can not follow the requirements of the subject, it is better to wait for the next contest instead to be banned for non-compliance with the theme.

Make sure your outfit is consistent and complies with the theme before you register.

Also check that there are no objects attached to your doll that you do not want to show. If the object is not attached to your doll, it will not be visible during the show!

The Fashion Show contest rules are available on the contest enrollment page, on the top right corner.

Design the best outfit on #OhMyDollz!

#2 2014-02-25 00:03:29

icefoxes
Members

Re: [Fashion Show] New Theme: Colorblock!

Are we allowed to use black and white? It doesn't say that specifically. I hope we can, because then I don't really have to change my outfit. XD

#3 2014-02-25 00:26:43

30stmxfan
Members

Does fantasy elements include different coloured eyes? (Like red,purple, white, etc)

This weeks theme seems easier for people to stay on theme.

~
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but it says registration time is 5h 37m ? I'm hoping this is a glitch.

Last edited by 30stmxfan (2014-02-25 04:23:15)

discord: corgibutt#2664

#4 2014-02-25 14:29:27

Vinya
Members

I'm not sure if it is a glitch or not, but when I tried to register it asked for 2 things from Cindydollz.

#5 2014-02-25 14:41:06

goldenlightt
Members

On the French site, it says 2 elements, so maybe it's not a glitch but a typo. There are also some other rules there, I wonder if they apply for this server too...

https://goo.gl/6cBZiz
Thank you Zoey900 for the avatar and signature!

#6 2014-02-26 04:58:59

darkjewels
Members

goldenlightt wrote:

On the French site, it says 2 elements, so maybe it's not a glitch but a typo. There are also some other rules there, I wonder if they apply for this server too...

AW the lack of accurate information! sad

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#7 2014-02-27 05:38:27

brookbcox
Members

icefoxes wrote:

Are we allowed to use black and white? It doesn't say that specifically. I hope we can, because then I don't really have to change my outfit. XD

Just found out what it is (thank you kara_742) yes you can use black & white with your 2-3 colors of your choice here I have a few examples.http://www.cosmeticgroup.com/blog/wp-co … spring.jpg &http://www.interiorsbystudiom.com/blog/ … king-1.jpg

I hope this helps you good

#8 2014-03-05 10:04:45

roisinblue
Members

Don't you think there are a lot of contestants who don't comply with the theme? It's hard to vote, because I have to reload everytime there are only the contestants with 'non-theme' outfits...

#9 2014-03-05 18:14:35

avivah
Members

color block is relatively easy to look up what it is.  It is not usually a top one color and a bottom another color.  It is not usually patterned but can make patterns in its solidness.  It is not usually a solid outfit with accessories being a different color-like gold jewelry or red purse/hats/belt with solid blue outfit.  At least I haven't seen any wings or a second character added.  A lot more stuck to theme, and many made good efforts and came close. 
(I did see a good color block-but she had floating eyes and mouth next to her---what might help is if they changed the background of where you register to a solid so you can tell when something is showing or stuck next to your doll that you might not have noticed before)
This was an easy fun one, except the part of buying two items from a required store that barely has any choices.  $$$ is the name of the game.

Friends are like sisters you choose for yourself.  Bonnie Jensen.

#10 2014-03-06 02:14:45

darkjewels
Members

avivah wrote:

(I did see a good color block-but she had floating eyes and mouth next to her---what might help is if they changed the background of where you register to a solid so you can tell when something is showing or stuck next to your doll that you might not have noticed before)

agreed.
and they should do the same about the makeup BG as well.
i hate it when i can't have a solid BG to help me see if the outfit is good...

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

Board footer