You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2014-06-15 03:15:29

angelfire
Members
Website

Homework Help...Allz I need are Ideas

Guys I need help.
My final is to draw a 3 page-ish comic based on what our perceptions are of America. I don't get how I'm supposed to do it. This is all that was in the prompt:

Drawing the Comic Underbelly: As did Kerouac, create a 2-3 page comic book or a series of 6-9 comic strips that exposes your perception of America.  Make it personal and based upon your experience.

We're studying the beatniks and Kerouac is Jack Kerouac. This is due Monday and can't turn it in late. (Procrastination to the max) There were others too but I didn't like them. This is harder than I thought it'd be.
Any ideas on what I can do? I've done one panel where I have a teenage boy hugging their mother which with some people would be considered out of the ordinary but I don't think I'm doing it right u.u
Help meee

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#2 2014-06-15 07:31:56

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Re: Homework Help...Allz I need are Ideas

I don't know really know much about Kerouac, never had to study his work..  all I've heard about is the book On the Road.

If your teacher is asking for personal,  draw what you know or experience.  I had a look in your page, I dont really know much about you.. Anyway, you probably have a different view of things based on having to move, military family, livng in different countries, that sort of thing.

Some questions/points to think about:
- What has it been like for you to switch schools, how do people treat you as the new girl?
- Have you or your family experienced any grief because your dad is in the military, or is it more of a positive thing?
- What did you miss about the U.S while living overseas, how did you feel coming back here after being in Egypt? 
- How were treated as an American living overseas and did peoples opinions there influence how you feel about the U.S?
- What's it like being in a big family.. As the oldest do you feel responsible for your siblings..
- You connect to people on here, why, as an escape, to vent, it's just fun..  How does it relate to how Americans communicate these days..
- Are you into politics, how do you feel about different issues, do they affect you/your family?  How do you feel about people being influenced by what's popular rather than forming their own opinion? Or has that even been something you've noticed?
- How does your religion affect how people view you or does it?  How do you view other Americans based on it.

#3 2014-06-15 16:44:50

angelfire
Members
Website

Thanks Coco! That's absolutely brilliant! My brain's started to turn now and I think I have  a few ideas about what I should do.
Thanks you so much!

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#4 2014-06-15 19:05:23

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

YW! Happy to be of help. Good luck! :)

Board footer