You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2018-06-27 01:38:24

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Korean Cartoons/Anime

I feel weird for posting this, but I'm trying to look up information on some Korean cartoons that I was able to watch when my family had the KBS channel. It showed some cute cartoon shows like "Mix Master" and "Tai Chi Chasers" (or "Taegeuk Kids" on that channel). All in Korean and all nicely subbed in English. I can't even find them by search engine because all I get are political newspaper comics and *slaps forehead* Japanese cartoons (why!?) Oh, and art by a certain (I assume) Korean artist named Enaike - which are really pretty, by the way.

I'd love to re-watch them, and one particular cartoon called "Petit Petit Muse" I wanted to watch fully since I only got to see the last two episodes. Could anyone who knows what I'm talking about tell me a good list of Korean cartoon shows along these lines? I'm also trying to remember what a boy's cartoon was called that had to do with pirates and treasure hunting; that was a really fun show to watch. It sort of reminded me of a kid-friendly "One Piece".

I know it's a strange and probably confusing request, but I can't figure out how else to find the information I'm looking for. Thank you for any help.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#2 2018-06-27 10:58:46

darkjewels
Members

Re: Korean Cartoons/Anime

i'm not sure if kissanime (dot) ru will have anything from korea... i took a quick look and it didn't seem to have Petit Petit Muse... or anything non-japanese...
most sites i know only have portuguese subs (built in the video), so even if they have korean animations, i don't think it would be of much use...

maybe finding out what is the specific (korea-based) term for "animation" will help you find what you are looking for: instead of googling "korean animation", you try typing "(romanized version of the korean word for animation) english sub" instead?
(because "anime" is the specific term for "japanese animation")...
^i hope this one made sence...

i'm surprised about how hard it is to find non-japanese cartoons and comics online...
do you know if those animations are available in netflix? because it would be easier to find netflix content for non-users than searching random sites for one dedicated to korea...
if not, i'll meet a person this friday who may or may NOT know where to find subbed korean animations.

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#3 2018-06-28 19:27:26

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Well, I first used 'Korean cartoons' in the search, then added 'shows'; 'kids'; finally I got fed up and used 'anime' - but even without the 'anime' added, I still got Japanese cartoons instead of Korean. Eventually I got lucky and found a Wiki page mentioning a scant few Korean cartoons for girls.

I didn't use 'animation' in the search, but I could use your suggestion for using the Korean word for it and see what that brings up.  Gah, search engines are no longer useful when all they do is pop up the 'most popular search' and try to guess what a person is looking for rather than what is put in the search bar.

We have Netflix, but they only have live-action dramas because that's way more popular. I also found a site that has a few English-subbed Korean shows, but again it's mostly dramas and one cartoon that I probably wouldn't watch.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#4 2018-06-29 10:28:17

darkjewels
Members

lady0filia wrote:

Well, I first used 'Korean cartoons' in the search, then added 'shows'; 'kids'; finally I got fed up and used 'anime' - but even without the 'anime' added, I still got Japanese cartoons instead of Korean. Eventually I got lucky and found a Wiki page mentioning a scant few Korean cartoons for girls.

I didn't use 'animation' in the search, but I could use your suggestion for using the Korean word for it and see what that brings up.  Gah, search engines are no longer useful when all they do is pop up the 'most popular search' and try to guess what a person is looking for rather than what is put in the search bar.

We have Netflix, but they only have live-action dramas because that's way more popular. I also found a site that has a few English-subbed Korean shows, but again it's mostly dramas and one cartoon that I probably wouldn't watch.

Google uses "improved search results" as an excuse to keep track of the user's activity, but it doesn't seem to pay off... Just because i'm often looking for minecraft mods it doesn't mean i want to find minecraft-related results when i'm doing reseach about farming and soils (i'd go browse the game's wikia if i wanted them).

Hopefully netflix will start adding korean animations in the near future (if i'm not mistaken, pucca is both korean and very popular). I wonder if there is a way to request them...

Anyway, let us know if you have any luck with your search. *crosses fingers and casts good luck spells* gool luck Good Luck gOOD lUCK... ok, i'll stop.

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

Board footer