You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2019-08-04 03:50:54

iloveangel
Members

could i make a new quest i have a lots off idea even fashion maker

how i could make new quest on 2019 like do i have to talk one off you girls or do i have to talk sarah??

#2 2019-08-04 11:55:00

sierradane
Members

Re: could i make a new quest i have a lots off idea even fashion maker

iloveangel wrote:

how i could make new quest on 2019 like do i have to talk one off you girls or do i have to talk sarah??

No you can't.  No one can.  There is no one here for you to talk to to allow you to make a quest.  There are no new quests being made, there are only replays.  To become a player who has their own store takes A LOT.  You can't just say you are going to have a store and have one, or say you are going to make a quest and have it done.

Sad to say, according to reports FLASH which this game takes to survive, will no longer be supported after 2020 so there's a good chance this game will no longer be around.  That is probably one reason for no new quests.  Of course.... there is the remote possibility that someone might make a new quest before it's all over.  That someone would be a person who is above any moderator or GM here, or even "Sarah," it would be the owner of the game.

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#3 2019-08-08 00:55:53

sweettears90
Members
Website

I just wish that they would say "Hey, thanks to the fact that Flash is being shut down within a year, we're not going to support this game." Continuing to drag it out while we have exactly zero news about the fate of the game is not exactly leading to a lot of positive vibes.

I said what I said.

#4 2019-08-08 03:58:45

darkjewels
Members

this lack of new quests is making me wish they'd allow some players to design a new quest too... even if only the store owners were allowed to do so...

sweettears90 wrote:

I just wish that they would say "Hey, thanks to the fact that Flash is being shut down within a year, we're not going to support this game." Continuing to drag it out while we have exactly zero news about the fate of the game is not exactly leading to a lot of positive vibes.

I said what I said.

i may have some good news: while investigating why my graphics driver suddenly begun to crash with flash (i only had this problem for a few hours on a specific day and never again), i discovered 2 projects that might replace adobe flash player in the future
i'll have to check adobe forums for their names because that wasn't my focus at the time and i forgot the names (not to mention the comment mentioning them was a bit off-topic if i recall correctly)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#5 2019-08-08 17:48:00

shyginger4
Members

I did a bit of digging into what you said, darkjewels, and this is what I found on the official adobe forum:

The reason that we provided a three-year lead time on the announcement was to allow content providers time to migrate away from dependencies on Flash Player.  We will not be publishing updates to Flash Player or the projector after 2020, and you would be best served by migrating to something else.

Adobe Animate CC already provides the ability to publish simple Flash content to HTML5 Canvas (this is the rationale behind the name change from Flash Professional to Animate).  Similarly, courseware content created through Adobe Presenter can be output to HTML5, etc...

In short, the whole notion of browser plug-ins are going away.  Publishing to the web platform (HTML5 and JavaScript) is going to get you the best experience and widest compatibility inside a web browser over the long term, and I would recommend exploring the HTML5 publishing options already built in to Animate CC for converting your existing content.

They're talking about the not-browser programs that use flash, so it's not exactly the most relevant TO US SPECIFICALLY, but them talking about HTML5... is pretty much on target with my own research into the topic. It's pretty much what's replacing flash.

#6 2019-08-08 22:24:16

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Well...I just found this on the French forums:

Sarah wrote:

Good evening

The browsers, in their latest versions, make it less accessible to use Adobe Flash, but this is always possible. This is however binding.

Our team is currently checking all known browsers and preparing tutorials for players to help them activate this plugin to continue using our game.

We are well aware of these technical changes that are happening and our team is preparing for these changes for OhMyDollz too. .

Sorry for the bad translation by Google, but it does seem like Feerik knows about the end of Flash and are doing something about it. *crosses fingers that this means the game will continue*

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#7 2019-08-09 00:20:29

sierradane
Members

Nice to see the English Forum gets ignored again on important announcements. From the video interview by Frederick Markus, he makes no mention of this game and from other things he says it sounded like he was about the only employee (being his own accountant). The last thing I read on Fkash was that it was ending at the end of 2020. Just because it is no longer supported might not mean it will suddenly go away. It might just become bushier and bigger. So in that case, this game would go on and we can still continue to spend RL money on it to contribute to the 45000 Euro this game is worth.

Last edited by sierradane (2019-08-09 00:26:22)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#8 2019-08-09 01:58:24

darkjewels
Members

@shyginger4: major problem being the progaming language... unity web player was easily replaced by webgl because they both come from the same company. as for HTML5... good to see there already is support for the flash animations (i blame youtube) maybe it'll also support more complex flash-based content in the future?

@lady0filia: i know at least 2 browsers that support unity web player in the present day and will very likely do the same to flash player post-2020: pale moon browser (based arround the same engine as firefox) and another one i forgot the name (was it seamonkey?)
i used pale moon in the past and i had no problems with it. i'm looking forward to reinstalling it in my computer (i lost it because i had to reinstall the operating system. how is that process called in english by the way?)

@sierradane: maybe they'll tell the users to move to pale moon browser? i hope they remember to tell the non-french players when they tell the french players... 45000 euros sounds like a lot to give up so easily.

the fact that the stores have been recieving new content (as well as the gift we got on april's 1st) gives me hope that this game will survive adobe's termination of flash player development.

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#9 2019-08-09 03:35:36

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

sierradane wrote:

Nice to see the English Forum gets ignored again on important announcements. From the video interview by Frederick Markus, he makes no mention of this game and from other things he says it sounded like he was about the only employee (being his own accountant).

Actually, it wasn't even an announcement, someone asked about the ending of Flash and I was surprised Sarah made that reply. I find it as a hopeful sign, though the French still doubt like many others. Here's the thread:

https://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=111328

Only employee? Wow. Maybe most of the people over in Freerik were either fired or laid off or  taken away from the department that works on OhMyDollz? It would make sense going by what is happening now, with no new quests and new store items only made by  players and VIP/super special outfits made by 'Elsa'. That would mean no real news about the game even by 'Sarah', because there is no one for that particular job. I don't know how all jobs work in the world, but I know quite a few businesses have certain people for certain skilled tasks and that's all they do at their job. That would mean, for example, this game may only have the main designer (Elsa) and game programmers, but perhaps no one who has the skills or job position to speak professionally to the players - such as the promised message from Sarah about this game's future. It would be easy to make a quick message to ease players' minds, but if an employee doesn't have the permission to do so, because it's not their job position, then nothing can be done about it.

Not only that, sometimes when a new 'big boss' of a business moves in, he/she fires or lays off most of the employees because they want to start their business from scratch or have some vision that doesn't fit with how the old employees work. This almost happened (and still may happen) at my own job: one of our main bosses' job is constantly on the line to get things done the way the mega-main-head executive's vision for the entire chain store is. He is one of the employees (an executive himself) who has been working at the store for a pretty long time and doesn't really agree with the head honcho's new rules. Meaning, if he can't get the store's employees to operate according to the new rules, then he could lose his job. Big businesses are an ugly thing and it's always the little people, the ones who care, who get the short end of the stick.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#10 2019-08-10 00:15:44

worldcreator90
Members

I can see where you're going with that line of thought, Lady0. But it hardly bodes well for us and the other games under the Feerik umbrella if the company can't even say "hey, can you drop the players a line to let them know what's going on?" During some research I was doing several weeks ago, I came across a petition for one of the other Feerik games, where they were begging the company not to let the game sink. I feel like OMD isn't the only one facing hardships because of poor business decisions, or whatever else might be going on.

#11 2019-08-10 09:34:25

iloveangel
Members

i mean i felt bad for all of us cause we buy feez on this game and they are making new update like this one and on VIP store and Designer contest and i mean sarah should tell us something be like you know what OHMYDOLLZ we have a this problems or something like that or like giving us a warning and we are trying to help this game out and everyone making a new doll and i am just like wow and this is my fv game and we are not trying to lose this game or anything but all this stuff its getting crazy and like if something happens this game are we getting are money back or what? quoi  and i am like trying to make a new quest or new store or something pleur

#12 2019-08-12 00:36:35

worldcreator90
Members

iloveangel wrote:

i mean i felt bad for all of us cause we buy feez on this game and they are making new update like this one and on VIP store and Designer contest and i mean sarah should tell us something be like you know what OHMYDOLLZ we have a this problems or something like that or like giving us a warning and we are trying to help this game out and everyone making a new doll and i am just like wow and this is my fv game and we are not trying to lose this game or anything but all this stuff its getting crazy and like if something happens this game are we getting are money back or what? quoi  and i am like trying to make a new quest or new store or something pleur

I know what you mean. At this point, I feel like the game isn't putting out new content because it's not making money because they weren't putting out new content and we stopped paying because, like you said, what's the point of putting money into a sinking game? It's a sad reality, but you all know that it's true.

#13 2020-07-31 22:02:53

karusia84
Members

darkjewels wrote:

this lack of new quests is making me wish they'd allow some players to design a new quest too... even if only the store owners were allowed to do so...

sweettears90 wrote:

I said what I said.

I think our wish came true :) Players made quest for players! So are they bending the rulez to awake new interest in the game or is it just last show before closing?
How you guys think?

#14 2020-08-01 02:42:00

mlle-green
Members
Website

iloveangel wrote:

You need to contact Avart (french server) or directly Sarah (if you can). The french mods can also help you.
You can participate to the project if they need your work. But they must know that you show interest and you should show your artworks.
Your mods can also ask the team to participate in a future project, or suggest one. This is what happened on the French server.

If you have projects for the US server, I'm open to participate.

https://orig12.deviantart.net/6f9a/f/2017/239/9/3/userbar_chats_maincoon_by_tchat_irc_omd-dbli8m1.png

Board footer