You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2020-08-26 00:19:56

sierradane
Members

No Flash button

i just noticed a new button that says "no flash. " i have been logging in on my phone so i don't know if that button shows up on a computer or not.

Anyone else notice it?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#2 2020-08-26 00:28:16

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

Re: No Flash button

From the French News page:

... OhMyDollz is celebrating a new birthday! Thank you to you who continue to participate. It helps us keep OhMyDollz active and even if so, it's not OhMyDollz at its highest, you are one of the most resilient communities on the web and we are proud of it. So thank you for being there and contributing with your works and your support and your ideas.

To show you that we haven't forgotten you, you can now help us test your lofts WITHOUT FLASH ! Refresh your browser (It's often ctrl R or ctrl shift R) and a new button appears: NO FLASH!

When you click on it, your current loft will appear. Send us on the forum (https://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtop … 11&p=4) your comments, loft references and screenshots when you see bugs compared to the original.

Note that in this first version:

- The only interactions are the movement in the loft.

- Animations are not yet supported.

- The funds are the same for everyone.

Improvements will happen gradually. We are progressing on the subject and we will be ready for December. I don't want to go into technical details but it's not as easy as it sounds. In short, we are here, always here, we communicate little, it's true, but we are not giving up (And no, we are not rolling on gold…). Your feedback is very important, your support is important so send us your tests!

Happy Birthday OhMyDollz!

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#3 2020-08-26 00:50:48

sierradane
Members

Thanks for the update. Since accessing the game only on my phone, I don't check the French forum like I used to.

Can everyone perhaps post here how using this button effects their game?

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2020-08-26 07:41:18

darkjewels
Members

sierradane wrote:

Thanks for the update. Since accessing the game only on my phone, I don't check the French forum like I used to.

Can everyone perhaps post here how using this button effects their game?

good idea :D

Time for me to move from firefox(where webGL is horribly glitched) to waterfox(where it works fine).
so far, I can see my dollz in her full outfit against a blue(ish) background (on firefox).
webGL isn't very fond of 32-bit systems, but I already moved to a 64-bit one.

for some reason, today I checked my main before checking my alts. I'll test the "no flash" on waterfox soon.
(to those wondering, waterfox is basically firefox with fewer graphics bugs)

EDIT: on waterfox, the background displays just fine and runs smoothly when I mouse over the fast scroll.
they said we can't move the pieces of cloth yet, right? in that case, looks like everything is working fine so far. (aside from the old scroll button icons in a corner, but hey, 1st version, bugs happen)

Last edited by darkjewels (2020-08-26 07:50:29)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#5 2020-08-28 05:37:59

tresselle
Members

The no flash button is just a test, they are still updating it. The room loads & the only function working is the moving arrows, you can't do anything else. Ignore the message that says it's not supported on mobiles & click OK. If the browser is not supported it would tell you immediately. Use an updated browser & wait till it loads. It works on Firefox, Chrome, Waterfox & Puffin for PC, phones & tablets. Puffin is the fastest.

#6 2020-09-16 19:13:03

swiftwind20
Members

Tried the No Flash on my computer, using Microsoft Edge, and it works well, other than the room extension not showing up. Extension appears as a black background.

Follow your dreams. For as you dream, so shall you become.
~ James Allen

#7 2020-11-10 16:50:41

darkjewels
Members

swiftwind20 wrote:

Tried the No Flash on my computer, using Microsoft Edge, and it works well, other than the room extension not showing up. Extension appears as a black background.

and doesn't keep track of room theme yet... I wonder when we'll be able to move the objects arround :3

---

#8 2020-11-14 08:50:38

haelina
Members

They are supposedly working on what webgl to replace the flash areas on the site with webgl. The "no flash" button only has one thing on it and it's the webgl version of the loft you are currently in. It does not affect the rest of the site, it's a "sneak peek" supposedly. It's been there for a while now on PC and has not been updated in any way. But hopefully when flash support ends on 01.Jan2021 we will be able to enter and use the webgl version. Highly doubtful but at least they try huh?

#9 2020-12-14 06:43:34

darkjewels
Members

I can already move things in my loft and there is a save button gai
I didn't test the save button yet because my loft is rendered as a black background with objects on top.
the clone dollz is not displaying correctly, but everything else looks and functions normally.

is the loft's wall and floor black for anyone else or just me?

---

#10 2020-12-14 17:54:30

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

darkjewels wrote:

I can already move things in my loft and there is a save button gai
I didn't test the save button yet because my loft is rendered as a black background with objects on top.
the clone dollz is not displaying correctly, but everything else looks and functions normally.

is the loft's wall and floor black for anyone else or just me?

Black background for me, too.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#11 2020-12-15 00:26:22

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

In my latest email from the French GM, she mentioned something about the switch from Flash, but I don't have any details yet. I will be talking to her soon and I will let everyone know once I have more concrete information. :)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#12 2020-12-15 05:53:19

darkjewels
Members

willowskye wrote:

In my latest email from the French GM, she mentioned something about the switch from Flash, but I don't have any details yet. I will be talking to her soon and I will let everyone know once I have more concrete information. :)

thanks for keeping us informed love

@lady0filia: oh, good to know. that means the problem is not on my end mdr just part of the transition process

---

#13 2020-12-16 04:42:34

rosered86
Members

The No Flash is working for me on firefox, but not google chrome.

Board footer