You are not logged in.

Announcement

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » from the FR forum: big step forward for OhMyDoll!

#1 2020-12-17 18:13:18

jenzg11
Members

from the FR forum: big step forward for OhMyDoll!

Hello dollz

Today is a big day and a big step forward for OhMyDoll!

The implementation of the Unity version on the main loft page is now available. The first step towards continuity and the future!

This new version of the loft is not yet perfect, and our team continues to work on its improvement and operation.

The priority is to allow all of you to continue playing in 2021, which will be the case. Our dear game will survive the end of Flash, and it will continue to work after January 12.

This is a first phase before the integration of the other modules of the game, in particular the makeover and the parades, which are the next priorities of the team.

The transition is smooth, you can choose to switch to Unity or still stay on Flash for the moment, by clicking on the button to the left of the lofts.

There is probably still a lot to debug on parts and this new Unity module still has things to do.

No animation is yet compatible and some special pieces still require intervention from the team. The integration will take place over the months during 2021.

The team needs you to identify any bugs you may have while using the new version. Feel free to go to the forum and post your feedback in this topic:https://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=112811

Some important information

Animations are not yet supported.

The tapestries and floors of the shops are not displayed.

The buy button in the lofts is the button with the cross, it works if you click on it.

The menu for sending to other rooms is still poorly organized.

Sometimes an error message still appears on Firefox. Don't panic, just click on? Ok ?. The problem comes from the browser and will be corrected by Firefox.

If you log out, Flash mode defaults the next time you log in.

Module improvements

Improvements were incorporated during the implementation of the tools and we hope that these improvements will help you to work even better on your lofts and your outfits!

Preservation of object depth

On the Flash version, by clicking on an object, the object automatically positioned itself above all the others, which was very complicated to move an object and put it back under the others.

Now when you move an object in the loft it stays at the same depth compared to other objects. So you can move an object to the same position without worry, with ease. The dial will allow you to change the depth.

It takes a little getting used to because we are all used to the old version, but you will see that being able to move an object without breaking the whole outfit or the decor is a real pleasure! ?

Improved object selection

Who has never been frustrated on the Flash version of wanting to grab an object and see that it's the transparency of another object you had moved?

On the new version, the selection of objects has been improved: transparent areas are no longer clickable and so you grab the object that you see under the mouse pointer.

When hovering with the mouse, the object becomes slightly transparent. You see immediately which object you will catch?

Once an object is selected, it is surrounded by a pink frame and then the whole object becomes clickable, even the transparent areas. This allows the object to be easily movable once you have selected it.

#2 2020-12-17 19:30:25

orangemaid
Members

Re: from the FR forum: big step forward for OhMyDoll!

Huzzah! It's alive!

And even if there are still issues, it also sounds like some great quality of life improvements are being made.

Thanks for the update.

#3 2020-12-17 20:33:13

rosered86
Members

It's nice to play the game on Safari again.

#4 2020-12-18 08:05:24

darkjewels
Members

The tapestries and floors of the shops are not displayed.

just out of curiosity: is this supposed to be the case with room backgrounds that aren't bought from shops as well? although if they fix it along with the shop tapestries, that helps too...

anyway, glad to see the transition is making progress

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#5 2021-01-11 20:00:51

julieanne1976
Members

The room tapestries and floor have been available on Unity on the French server since last Thursday.  Not sure if they are aware that the fix has not migrated to the US server.

#6 2021-01-11 21:49:54

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

julieanne1976 wrote:

The room tapestries and floor have been available on Unity on the French server since last Thursday.  Not sure if they are aware that the fix has not migrated to the US server.

Thanks! I'll send an email.

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#7 2021-01-12 20:20:57

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

When you go in to save the room you're in, a message in French pops up. I used Google to translate it:

Saving (the rooms) are still in the testing phase. The room may be disorganized after this action.

And then you are asked to either continue with the action of saving (yellow) or cancel the action (green).

So I guess if you save your room, things might get moved; like go under other objects and such.

Last edited by lady0filia (2021-01-12 20:21:40)

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#8 2021-01-13 03:18:06

darkjewels
Members

lady0filia wrote:

When you go in to save the room you're in, a message in French pops up. I used Google to translate it:

Saving (the rooms) are still in the testing phase. The room may be disorganized after this action.

And then you are asked to either continue with the action of saving (yellow) or cancel the action (green).

So I guess if you save your room, things might get moved; like go under other objects and such.

last time I tested (a few seconds ago), the save feature worked as intended, despide the warnings, but the background is still black, so I don't know where my dollz will appear to be in the room...

---

#9 2021-01-13 19:18:49

lunely
Members

The background of some rooms are not loading, items are but not th scenery pleur

http://i726.photobucket.com/albums/ww262/sorome/banner2-1.png

#10 2021-01-15 23:07:42

andybel
Members

Hello! Has somebody tried Ruffle? intr

~**...Keep your eyes on the stars, they will show you something everytime...**~

#11 2021-01-16 04:28:38

darkjewels
Members

andybel wrote:

Hello! Has somebody tried Ruffle? intr

I did, but it doesn't work here yet (OMD uses AS3 and ruffle's support progress for AS3 is at ~5%)
there is supernova flash player, but I doubt it will work without chrome-based browsers on sites that aren't activelly supporting it

HOWEVER, if you are running flash player 32.0.0.330 or earlier, it'll lack the kill-switch to stop it from running. getting your hands on that, if you didn't already will be risky, though... and VLC media player can install a browser plugin during installation (if you choose so) to force flash to run on browsers that refuse flash (or so I've heard)... waterfox and pale moon still allow flash to run

how much can softonic be trusted? (I found a download there, but I don't know if it can be trusted nor if it'll install the things you had to uncheck from adobe's site back when you could download it from there) I want to downdate flash, but I'm lost, confused and tense...
hypn

Last edited by darkjewels (2021-01-16 04:31:14)

---

#12 2021-01-16 22:51:22

willowskye

Okay, so I just checked.....

When I log into my French doll and go into Unity, the room backgrounds are now there. So, I have to imagine this issue will be fixed for us soon, too. I hope.    If we haven't seen this change by the middle of this week, I will try to contact the French GM just to give a gentle, "Hey. Don't forget about us." aomd_smile  (Please keep in mind I haven't had a response to any of my emails since December 2020, so.....)

If you are still using a browser that was running Flash but is no longer, to open the page in Unity do this:

- when you have clicked on your avatar (to go from the News page to the Main page, where it shows your doll in a room), REDUCE the size of your page
- to the left hand side of where the room boarder ends, you should see "Unity WebGL" (it will be on your page background image. It might be hard to see because of the font colour, but it is there.)
- Click on the "Unity WebGL"
- This will reload your loft in Unity

Just remember that for now, the rooms are still showing black, with only your doll and items visible. As I mentioned, it's working on the French site now so it should *hopefully* be working for us soon, and if not, I'll contact the French GM.

I also wanted to take a quick moment to say Thank You to everyone who has been posting here with their proposed solutions, bug info, etc. I am not very tech savvy, so you sharing your knowledge has definitely been helpful for me, and I'm sure others. good

We'll get through this dark time together, and hopefully we'll all be in the light again soon. lol

P.S. I checked and the Cookie Game room is also working now on the French site.

#13 2021-01-17 00:15:35

andybel
Members

Thank you so much for the information, darkjewels and willowsky! star

#14 2021-01-18 00:05:37

sierradane
Members

There's hope yet

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#15 2021-01-19 17:34:27

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

I noticed that the 'zoom' option doesn't work the same as it did before: On Flash, when you zoomed in on your doll's room, my doll didn't move and I could arrange the make-up, small details, or to adjust an outfit more precisely. Now, when you zoom-in, move around to get closer to something, my doll moves with it. So if I'm trying to put makeup on another doll, I can't, because the module moves my main doll close to the other doll and the makeup gets attached to her instead.

Did I make any sense?

Update: Okay, maybe it depends where your doll is in the room when you zoom in, because now (only a few minutes later) it works more or less the same way as Flash did. EXCEPT, when I use zoom to adjust something, then exit out of that, save the room, the adjusted item (which looked fine when I saved) is out of place. For example, I'm trying to adjust the lips on another doll to cover up the original blue color. It looks fine after I use zoom and adjust it, but as soon as I save, the pink lips are askew.

Again, I hope I made sense there. I don't know how other players use the zoom option, I only use it to adjust small details like makeup, or hair, or if a piece of clothing doesn't seem to fit right and still shows a minuscule of skin peeking out where it shouldn't.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#16 2021-01-20 19:01:03

andybel
Members

Ladyofilia, I did not know about the zoom option! Thank you so much for sharing that piece of information star What I noticed too was the fact that I could no longer use the feature of knowing from which shop a certain item is. Do you remember that there was a button while giving a rick click with the mouse which gave you the info about the shop or whether it was a collector item? Has anyone seen that feature?

#17 2021-01-20 20:35:40

rosered86
Members

I noticed that the try it on/preview window isn't working. I just get a blank black window when I try it.

Andybel click on x button under arrow when you click on an item. That will tell you were it's from.

#18 2021-01-21 23:38:20

darkjewels
Members

1st of all, I would like to thank willowskye for her hard work and making sure the french team doesn't forget about us!

as gamer, I was sometimes forced to learn some tech things I would have never bothered with otherwise, so why not help people in need for the same help I once needed and spare them the headaches I had while on my quest for the solutions?
ouf

by the way, weekend is almost here and I'm still getting black backgrounds in my rooms xP guess we should poke the GM, eh?

how is everyone else's dollz's rooms?

---

#19 2021-01-22 03:05:55

willowskye

darkjewels wrote:

1st of all, I would like to thank willowskye for her hard work and making sure the french team doesn't forget about us!

Thank you. star

darkjewels wrote:

as gamer, I was sometimes forced to learn some tech things I would have never bothered with otherwise, so why not help people in need for the same help I once needed and spare them the headaches I had while on my quest for the solutions?

Well, let me hand you some aspirin because you may need it after seeing this post  lol   :   https://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=13328

darkjewels wrote:

by the way, weekend is almost here and I'm still getting black backgrounds in my rooms xP guess we should poke the GM, eh?

Yes, I'm still getting the black room backgrounds. :( I have poked the French GM. I will give her a bit of time, and if need be, poke again. ;)

#20 2021-01-22 17:32:33

andybel
Members

Thank you so much, rosered :). Yep, you are right. The try on window is bugged too. I have been browsing through some of the rooms in the french server and for example, the Plane room and the Hell room have the black background. So, I guess they are still working on this problem.

darkjewels, your tech tips are increible!

#21 2021-01-23 04:01:07

darkjewels
Members

willowskye wrote:

darkjewels wrote:

Well, let me hand you some aspirin because you may need it after seeing this post  lol   :   https://us.ohmydollz.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=13328

darkjewels wrote:

Yes, I'm still getting the black room backgrounds. :( I have poked the French GM. I will give her a bit of time, and if need be, poke again. ;)

oh dear x_X let us hope for the best. thanks for pestering the GM for us all <3

andybel wrote:

darkjewels, your tech tips are increible!

thanks xD

---

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » from the FR forum: big step forward for OhMyDoll!

Board footer