Announcement

• Index
  •  » Bugs!
  •  » [Closed] Save Button Glitches

#1 2021-04-28 00:55:17

wazaga
Members

[Closed] Save Button Glitches

The Submarine Room save button is glitched and doesn't save. And if you press it, your doll icon turns black. It works fine in other rooms so far. This is the only room I've played in recently that the glitch is happening.

If I find any other rooms where this happens, I'll add it in this post.

Thanks.

That's not poison, it's Pirate Juice!

#2 2021-04-28 00:58:57

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Re: [Closed] Save Button Glitches

Thanks! Reporting this as well.

You're using the Unity version, right?

#3 2021-04-28 01:57:54

wazaga
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

Thanks! Reporting this as well.

You're using the Unity version, right?

Yup.

Also, not sure why, but some of the smaller elements are having issues with their hit-boxes when trying to select them, too. I could be directly on the image pixels and it it takes a bunch of click arounds before it finally registers that I'm trying to select the thing. This is for small decorative things no bigger than the doll's face and sometimes as big as the doll's torso (as a measuring point)

#4 2021-04-28 23:22:00

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Reported this as well. If we hear anything at all, hopefully maybe possibly, will make sure to update you

#5 2021-05-02 01:32:42

wazaga
Members

Going through the rooms and discovering which ones have glitches. Will update with new posts the more I find them. I'm gonna do 2 "house maps" per day to check them over. If the name looks odd, I'm listing them by the name the scroll-over shows in the house map, not the drop-down list in the "my things" page, (I do wish they'd also fix that, it would be nice that both the map role-over and the drop down names were all the same instead of some being English and others being French)

In the Loft and Villa maps:

Black Background:
- beach
- Terrace
- Living-room

No Save Function:
- Kitchen
- Loft
- Garage
- Street
- Immeuble (Map name)
- Anglaise (Map name)

Background reset to default even though I know I bought wallpaper previously, and buying a new wallpaper does not show (tested only on loft):
- Loft
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bathroom 2

Also, another glitch in all rooms so far: Clothing on doll does not disappear with the dolls when you hide the doll for creative mode. And if you hide a doll that wasn't dressed, objects still stick and interact with the invisible doll, defeating the purpose of hiding it in the first place.

EDIT: Also, I am aware this is still a work in progress to make the Unity engine work as well as Flash used to. I'm just bringing these issues to attention to better help the development team know what bugs are coming up. I don't expect them to be fixed right away since it's a huge overhaul that's going to take time. I'm just trying to help where possible.

It's easier to keep track of the posts if I post new replies. So please bear with me as I go through these maps to fish out issues. I know it breaks the rules to "spam posts", so do forgive me in advance as I try to make this as easy as possible to list.

Thank you for your hard work and understanding.

Last edited by wazaga (2021-05-02 01:44:57)

#6 2021-05-02 20:58:04

wazaga
Members

In the "town" and "fantasy" maps:

Black background:
- Duplex 1st floor
- Lycep (name on map - Highschool)

No Save:
- Sewing Workshop
- Vet
- Black Forest
- Hell
- Citadel
- Cloud

#7 2021-05-03 02:10:01

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Keep them coming! We're trying to summarize them to hopefully get traction. Continue reporting them no worries :)

#8 2021-05-03 16:12:14

lady0filia
Queen of the Supernatural
Website

I'm in the Cloud room now, have been for a few weeks, and I can still save in it.

From what I have noticed, rooms not saving seems to be random for each player, making it more frustrating. When the new 'piece-printemps' room came out, many were having the problem of not being able to save in it, while my own doll (Firewater) could. Over on my French doll (Starspell) I wanted to put her in the Mountain room but couldn't save her in it. My Italian doll (Glinda) can't save in her Park room. On the German server, I have a voter friend who could save in the Easter room, as well as my own US server doll (Sarahspells) could be saved in that room, but other fellow US players couldn't.

It has gotten cold, brr~ Happy Holidays to you and yours!https://us.ohmydollz.com/img/big/936.png

#9 2021-05-04 01:21:28

wazaga
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

Keep them coming! We're trying to summarize them to hopefully get traction. Continue reporting them no worries :)

Thank you kindly. I'll continue to do 2 maps daily then.

Not many this round, which is nice. In the "trip" and "winter" maps:

No Background (black):
- Jet
- Train

No Save Function:
- Japanese

#10 2021-05-04 19:04:48

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Hey wazaga!
Got a question for Feerik, could you see if the Test Button works for you in those rooms your reported? If not, would it be possible at all to share a screenshot of what you're seeing on the doll? It seems like different dollz will see different things.

#11 2021-05-04 23:24:54

sierradane
Members

The test save button finally showed up for me.  I used it, and things saved nicely.  I used the regular save button and nothing saved except my position in the room.  I was trying to save the carpet tiles to the floor.

https://i.imgur.com/efb62NQ.png?1

Last edited by sierradane (2021-05-04 23:25:30)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#12 2021-05-05 00:18:06

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

sierradane wrote:

The test save button finally showed up for me.  I used it, and things saved nicely.  I used the regular save button and nothing saved except my position in the room.  I was trying to save the carpet tiles to the floor.

Quick question just so we make sure to include that, was this happening in a specific room? All rooms?

#13 2021-05-05 03:24:14

wazaga
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

Hey wazaga!
Got a question for Feerik, could you see if the Test Button works for you in those rooms your reported? If not, would it be possible at all to share a screenshot of what you're seeing on the doll? It seems like different dollz will see different things.

Sorry, got stuck babysitting my niece today, so didn't have time to log on. Give me another day to test it out on various rooms and I'll get back with any findings. Just saw the news feed and will take down any notes I run into.

#14 2021-05-05 09:26:12

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

wazaga wrote:

darkelfqueen wrote:

Hey wazaga!

Sorry, got stuck babysitting my niece today, so didn't have time to log on. Give me another day to test it out on various rooms and I'll get back with any findings. Just saw the news feed and will take down any notes I run into.

No worries at all! Tyt

#15 2021-05-05 11:10:47

sierradane
Members

darkelfqueen wrote:

sierradane wrote:

Quick question just so we make sure to include that, was this happening in a specific room? All rooms?

The first time I used the TEST button, I was in this room:

https://i.imgur.com/KXUjYUJ.png?1

Upon doing that, it saved in my LOFT room, and I was no longer in the room above.  I tried the TEST button a few times while in the LOFT room and the carpet would never save after I placed it on the floor.  But if I moved my doll back and forth in the room, it would save in that new spot.

"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#16 2021-05-05 15:28:38

wazaga
Members

Here are my findings thus far:

- The new Unity update doesn't load on Firefox. I tried emptying my cash and cookies, and it gets stuck around the 80 percent mark. And I'm forced to use Chrome (which I don't like)

https://sta.sh/010xf5mz6vqp

- Previous rooms listed above in the post that weren't saving are now saving just fine with the original save button.

- All rooms with either Black Backgrounds or that are reset to default backgrounds are still broken.

- HOWEVER: I noticed that the player icon WILL show the selected background that was bought. It just doesn't show on the room.

https://sta.sh/023zbzp8vt07

- The "move doll" arrow functions doesn't work in any of the Tree rooms. But the arrows DO move clothing, items and furniture which make precise decorating nice.

- Clothing still doesn't stick to dolls when turning them invisible, leaving the clothes behind.

- Items still get stuck on invisible doll when decorating. However, I did find a hack. Pressing the Control button while moving an item that wants to stick on an invisible dolls will stay off about 70 percent of the time. Just make sure you don't release it with the mouse curser hovering over the "general doll zone" be it invisible or seen.

- On that note, The clothing on my Submarine doll disappeared and I wasn't sure why or how. They are still listed in My Things in the right room, but are nowhere in the room itself so far as I could see.

https://sta.sh/01oymqdhxxha

https://sta.sh/01glc5abcqe6

- Later, however, I was using the "test save" button to see what the difference was in my Vet room. It didn't do anything different, however, When I pushed the "Save" button AFTER using the "Test Save" Button, all items I moved around reset to a previous save spot. The doll did save in the new position. BUT, her outfit mysteriously shifted off the doll to the left of the screen. I'm wondering if the same glitch is what's hiding my submarine clothes and if that means I'll have to move them out and back into the room? I'll test that and come back later to report is that fixed it or not.

https://sta.sh/015fmfp1z0i7

This is what I got so far. Will play around and note anything else.

EDIT: The image links are from my personal deviantArt Stash file and are safe. They just won't load here with the tags for some reason. copy and paste them in a browser and you'll go to the image directly.

Last edited by wazaga (2021-05-05 15:33:58)

#17 2021-05-05 17:10:14

wazaga
Members

- Moving the clothing out of the room and back seems to have fixed it. I think whatever save glitch happened ended up moving the clothing pieces off screen.

#18 2021-05-05 19:33:19

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Thank you for all the reports!! We're adding them to the consolidated report

#19 2021-05-06 01:19:30

wazaga
Members

- It now works on Firefox. hurrah!

#20 2021-05-06 03:37:54

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

wazaga wrote:

- It now works on Firefox. hurrah!

ooo that's great to hear!!

#21 2021-05-07 01:06:40

wazaga
Members

Went through the "Royal" and "Cinema" maps today.

Happy to report no more save issues in all the previous maps I checked. Only two notices here today:

Black background:
- Manor room

And something is up with the "Darkerdollz" room. I'm fairly sure when I did the quest to unlock it that I got both levels. It's giving me the enlarged page like one of the tree rooms, indicating it's supposed to expand. But the play screen is only showing me the upper golden half.

I could be misremembering, but it should be both levels. So I can't tell if that is a glitch or an incomplete room for me as a player....

#22 2021-05-07 19:04:39

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

That is very odd hmmm. Regarding the save button we're actually seeing improvement in all of the room so far. Gonna keep testing on our end and reporting what you guys say as well.

As for the other issue, I'm trying to find which of my dollz (if any) had it to help test :D

#23 2021-05-10 22:43:41

darkjewels
Members

the OMD tree still crashes my graphics driver (AMD Radeon HD6450 2GB VRAM)
and is causing the browser (waterfox) to give the following errors:

Your browser does not support WebGL

and when I click OK

Instantiation of 'webgl/Build/OhMyDollzRoom_WebGL.json' terminated due to the failed compatibility check.

I'll see if restarting the browser fixes it, as the rooms were loading just fine before I attempted to open the OMD tree
EDIT1: restarting the browser fixes it, but I think people should be aware of this bug/workaround.

EDIT2: an update on the bugs I mentioned in another thread:

retro room(piece=38) isn't applying greyscale, Sarah is missing from Sarah's home(piece=27)

Ice palace(piece=35) looks odd (the windows are black and there is a black square in the end)

submarine room(piece=59), won't fully load (my dollz should be wearing a mermaid costume there), and as a result, I can't set object order

only the submarine bug was fixed

crypt (piece=30), haunted castle (piece=51), shooting(piece=64) have the black background

only the haunted castle (piece=51) still has a black background, the other 2 rooms now have their backgrounds back :D

EDIT3: that makes my currently bugged rooms list:
OMD tree - crash
Ice palace(piece=35) - black squares
Duplex (piece=32) - black BG
Haunted Castle (piece=51) - black BG
Retro Room(piece=38) - no greyscale
Sarah's home(piece=27) - Sarah's not home

EDIT4: I checked one of my alt's rooms:

Duplex bottom (piece=32) has a black background too

Last edited by darkjewels (2021-05-10 23:19:19)

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#24 2021-05-11 19:28:27

darkelfqueen
The Mod Squad

Roger that! Forwarding updates!

#25 2021-05-14 01:28:51

sierradane
Members

I went back to my The Loft room and placed one carpet piece at a time, saving it with the regular SAVE button and it saved successfully.  Earlier I had used the TEST button then the regular SAVE but it wouldn't save, except it showed me at whatever spot I moved in the room to.

• Index
  •  » Bugs!
  •  » [Closed] Save Button Glitches

Board footer