You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-02-15 19:46:00

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

New Dollz Story Store

Hello dollz!

A new shop opens today on OhMyDollz! http://www.ohmydollz.com/design/magasin/fr/dollzstory-2.png

You will find at Dollz Story all the objects to be bought in the last searches and the most recent temporary dredgers. The objects to buy forthcoming dredgers and searches will be also available in this store.

That will allow more clearness in store OMD Basics!

The store Dollz Story will remain open all the time.

Good play on OhMyDollz!

#2 2012-02-15 19:58:24

darkjewels
Members

Re: New Dollz Story Store

not something too great but it's already a relief

░▒▓█Anonymous Random Procrastinatos, UNITE... some day.
---

#3 2012-02-29 08:40:52

orangemaid
Members

I thought I'd missed seeing this posted. (noticed the store during that Val-day flirt) Did I just blink on seeing the message on the main page? And what is a dredger? Is that the French term for our quest items?

I do think it's nice that they are separating out the items from OMD Basics, but what about items that were in other stores(there were some, I know I've some from Garden Store). And I think there were some sets that were more than just the items to purchase?

And much as I doubt it would happen, I think it would be a bit of a treat if some older items became quest requirements sometimes. Not ones from previous quests per say, but thinks people might have happened to have bought, so 'Hey Bonus'! I've already got something.

Wow, jeez. Didn't realize I had so many questions here...

OrangeMaid

#4 2012-02-29 08:53:00

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

I have no idea what dredger means here.  And the real meaning of it (in english anyway) would make no sense.. :P

"Dredging is an excavation activity or operation usually carried out at least partly underwater, in shallow seas or fresh water areas with the purpose of gathering up bottom sediments and disposing of them at a different location. "

#5 2012-02-29 09:13:09

orangemaid
Members

cocobelle wrote:

"Dredging is an excavation activity or operation usually carried out at least partly underwater, in shallow seas or fresh water areas with the purpose of gathering up bottom sediments and disposing of them at a different location. "

Nice!
Add a wince to that since I totally failed to make the connection between the words dredger and dredging. Oddly enough I think a dredger would be the equipment to do the dredging, but that's useless here too.

Dug out my French dictionary. drége(dragnet) and drêche(draff, residue of malt) are the closest it has.

I wonder if the term could be related to the phrase 'scraping the bottom of the barrel' which would be of a similar context.

And I am way too tired if I'm following so many rabbits and throwing out this much idle speculation.

Thanks again for the definition cocobelle!

#6 2012-02-29 09:23:27

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

Its probably a typo & someone's having a good laugh at us :P

Board footer