You are not logged in.

Announcement

#1 2012-08-22 11:37:48

sarah
Administrator

Send me your Questions!

Hi girllz!

You dream of being a journalist? This message is for you! In early September a photo-interview will be published in which I will answer your questions!

You have until September 2nd inclusive to post your questions here.

http://blog.feerik.com/images/2208interviewsarah.jpg

We will select several questions of yours, I will answer them and we will set up a photo-interview!

Good game on OhMyDollz!

#2 2012-08-22 12:33:34

angelfire
Members
Website

Re: Send me your Questions!

The link is broken. It doesnt work.

Can we post our questions here?

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#3 2012-08-22 13:19:34

sierradane
Members

1. Will there ever be any additional rooms available to purchase with FEEZ like the kitchen, garage, other bedrooms, terrace, yacht, etc?

2. Will TEADS the video company ever have videos for us to view anytime in the future?

3. Will you ever have a man available to buy in the Menz Store

4. What color is your hair in RL?

5. Would you ever consider to extend the amount of DB made per day according to the length of time a player has played?  (i.e. someone who has played the entire 5 years having the opportunity to make more than 7db which comes from past adventures)

6. (not a question but a statement)  I read somewhere that your RL name is not Sarah.  My RL name is Sarah so that makes this game even more special to me =)

Happy happy birthday to you!

edit: guess the link wasn't broken after all angelfire =)  or at least, the one on the news page

Last edited by sierradane (2012-08-25 15:13:13)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#4 2012-08-22 14:37:25

sarah
Administrator

angelfire wrote:

The link is broken. It doesnt work.

Can we post our questions here?

Sure girls!!

#5 2012-08-22 16:10:53

anyamalfoy
Members
Website

sierradane wrote:

Will there ever be any additional rooms available to purchase with FEEZ like the kitchen, garage, other bedrooms, terrace, yatch, etc?

(I guess I'll post the above question when the link is fixed)

This is the place for your questions. if you click the link on the news page (on OMD not the board) it leads you here.

#6 2012-08-22 17:31:30

tresselle
Members

Why can't we move our dolls & make items in our rooms bigger or smaller?
Why can't we earn more money for our jobs?
Why are there 2 currencies $$$ & Feez? Why have we got no wardrobe or storage to put our clothes or furniture? javascript:insert_text('non%20',%20'');

Thanks for answering questions & Happy Birthday

#7 2012-08-22 17:58:17

diana83
Members

How can I put an avatar?And Happy Birthday! ;)

#8 2012-08-22 17:58:23

adria
Members

Will I ever be able to expand my loft?

#9 2012-08-22 18:05:46

angelfire
Members
Website

What was your inspiration for OMD?

Do you play on OMD constantly or do you have other games you like to go on?

What's your favorite thing to do?

Are you really into fashion?

Do you decide events on OMD? Or do you share the decision with other people?

Are you happy with where OMD is now?

Will we ever be able to buy missed Adventure rooms?

How often do you plan on repeating quests?

Do you have a limit to how many rooms you are goin to have all together

Where does quest inspiration come from

Why are the adventures coming more often this year?

Do you have a best OMD friend?

Will OMD english be smartphone friendly one day?

How do you spend your days?

What phone do you use?

What's your favorite genre of music and tv?

Sarah is sarah in all the servers, right? So are you the same person?

I love the clothes on OMD. Do you plan on making a real life store that sells them?

*looks up* wow...that a lot of questions...hope you pick some you'd like to answer

Last edited by angelfire (2012-08-24 18:13:31)

Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#10 2012-08-22 18:16:37

akikodna
Members

Hello everyone,

Happy b-day to Sarah and congrads on the great ideas she had so far. Thank you for taking our opinion into account with the surveys and the lovely designs so far.

Since someone already asked how she came up with the idea for the game I'll just ask some more questions:

1. We all love the adventures but have you thought of making them a bit more rare so that we don't necessarily need to invest so much in Feez and have time to earn it? I realize that the bottom line is that this is business but it would make it more enjoyable to everyone (even those who have to depend on parents for playing)

2. Loved the idea with the extended rooms but because of lack of money i couldn't do the extension. Have you thought of making it a more frequent event?

3. The event packs are awesome but how about after a while to make the rooms that could be gained in an adventure available for Feez?

4. Have you thought of making some of your ideas into real  clothes, for sale? Maybe open up an on-line clothes shop. There are some pieces I would definitely buy.

#11 2012-08-22 18:20:31

Ancien joueur lady-lolita
Guests

♥ Lady-Lolita's Questions ♥

Questions | Ohmydollz

1` Ohmydollz is a great website home to fabulous divas...
Where do you get your ideas for Ohmydollz ? Your inspiration ?

2` Advice from a Role Model...
What advice would you give for future divas that look up to you as a role model ?

3` Your opinion on the Ohmydollz experience...
Do you enjoy your experiences with the divas on Ohmydollz ?

4` We've seen what Ohmydollz is like now!
What are your plans for the future for the Ohmydollz website ?

5` We need your perspective!
What is your favourite thing about Ohmydollz ?

Questions | Sarah
1` Fashion
What is your fashion style? What colors? What accessories?

2` Life around Ohmydollz
In your spare time , what hobbies and activities do you like to participate in ?

3` Fashionista Sarah!
What are your favourite stores to shop in ?

Thank you very much!

http://th215.photobucket.com/albums/cc219/KaylaAnime/Kawaii%20Stuff/th_AThankYouGIF.gif

#12 2012-08-22 19:08:43

jadefarnill
Members

My questions!!!

Ohmydollz:
What is your favourite Ohmydollz room, and why?

What is your favourite Ohmydollz item, and why?

What is your favourite Ohmydollz adventure, and why?

Sarah:
How do you dress in real life, what is your personal style?

How do you like to style your hair?

Who is you best friend and why?

Random:
If you could be any biscuit, what would you be? Why?

If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?

If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you be? why? (It can be mythical or real

#13 2012-08-22 19:16:36

saffirelle
Members

You girls have question to ask! I don't really have any in head...

http://i65.tinypic.com/jhrl04.png

#14 2012-08-22 21:36:01

malu
Members

The question I want the answer to the most is How did you come up with OMD?

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#15 2012-08-22 21:56:44

sweettears90
Members
Website

Do you ever wonder that it's games like this that are leading to men taking away women's rights and women in first world countries (like America and England) actually back tracking in women's rights?
Why would anybody make a game that is so completely demeaning to women, makes them appear stupid and completely dependent upon men?

#16 2012-08-22 22:17:34

mallorygoodwin
Members

Hi Sarah. First, I'd like to say it's an honor to talk to you, and second, Ohmydollz is a fun, and addicting game, but I find the board even more so. I was wondering witch one you liked better, the game or the board? Also, (crazy question)do you like peacocks?

Last edited by mallorygoodwin (2012-08-22 22:18:41)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u422/angelfyre2/Requests/MALLORY_zps56c3c39e.png
Made by one of the best avatar and signature designers, Angelfire.

#17 2012-08-23 04:51:20

shiva
Members
Website

Here's my question!

If for any reason OMD had to be renamed, what would it be called?

tumblr: sirpepperston

#18 2012-08-23 12:03:27

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

Some of you have asked some questions that Sarah has answered last year.  Nosing around while on twitter one night, I found her link to the thread on the french forum.  I used Google translator (and you know how wonderful online translators are.)  Here is the link to the french forum (if you'd like to translate it yourself:http://www.ohmydollz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=62625 ) It is worth checking out, as there are pictures of her husband, her and her husband on their wedding day, and other staff members...but, for those who don't want to, here's what she wrote (remember that this is from a translator):

Sept 1, 2011

Hello girls!

Last week, we have proposed to send your question by email. We received nearly 350 emails! My team has made ​​a selection of thirty questions I answered with pleasure as a camera interview. I hope it will please you!
Happy reading!

How did you get the idea of the game "OhMyDoll"?
You should know before qu'Ohmydollz born, we, my husband and I Thibaud, created other games. In particular, one where players embodied a character that was to follow a schedule especially for stardom. This game was complex because it was a real management, it no longer exists because it has not found its audience.
Despite this, we quickly realized that the main interest of the players, especially women, is focused on customizing their avatar by outfits, physical traits and their artistic taste. So we thought a game dedicated to customizing an avatar and 100% girls.
What's better than playing with dolls? A doll that could be dressed according to his desires, which could create the dream home, which could be the heroine of the stories we invent and reflect our personality. That is how Ohmydollz born: a set of fashion, decoration, seduction and strong community. :)

Did you get the idea OhMyDoll alone or persons you have recommended?
As I said earlier it was with my husband and with our experience we have had the basic idea.

How long did it take you to create the site?
We did not get up one morning and say "Ohmydollz it will be exactly that." It is through research and discussion between us we began gradually to develop things.
I think we started to think about the makeover, creating a tool that allow you to customize the doll's face. Thibaud then looked for a tool that would move objects in a room ...
More we progressed, the game was close. I would say that from the moment the idea was born and the game's release, it took six months.

And the name (OhMyDoll), how did you choose?
Doll doll side. The ohmy because I loved the manga Oh My Goodness at the time. We thought this name for a laugh, but finally it was found that it sounded good!

What made ​​you want to become a graphic designer?
As a child, my slate was filled with drawings, I did portraits of my family, my animals. I was also very observant and I spent my time to imitate people or sometimes my family. On vacation I spent a lot of time alone to draw landscapes or characters. I invented stories, I was creating my hero :)

When you were little, did you become a graphic designer?
No. When I was little I wanted to be in medicine: Geneticist or Astronaut. I got excited for everything life science and earth. It was my specialty to BAC.

How did you come to be a graphic designer?
After a year in college, I quickly learned that I was not at my place. I followed the course, I could continue in this way but I do not feel well. I knew in my heart that it was not my future career. So I took my courage in both hands and I decided to completely change branch and training in applied arts three years.
Let me tell you that the school years are the most difficult of my life. To undertake such studies must be passionate because they will ask a lot and sometimes you go through moments of doubt about your abilities and motivation.

What software do you use for all your creations on OhMyDollz?
Mainly Photoshop

Is what it is you who have created most of the clothes in OhMyDoll?
At the beginning it was me who drew all the clothes and objects, but then the game has evolved, and I could not do anything! Since the creation of the game I hired to help me seven graphic: Dafne, Cristina, Lea, Christine, Severine, Mary and Julie.

Why did you choose Sarah as nickname?
Because I love that name. There is no other reason :)

How old are you now?
I was 29 years old on August 24. (Note from WillowSkye: that would mean, if she wrote this last year, that she is now 30.)

Is it black and white dog we had as a gift is the design of your real dog? There really one blue eye and one brown?
Yes this is my dog ​​Bamboo is a border collie very nice and it really colored eyes! I love my dog! Dogs are my favorite animals.

How long do you work in the business Feerik?
I created the company Feerik with my husband and a friend, it's my business! So I'm working since inception in 2005.

Why'd you everything that's new on the site?
I have tested the game and present the news! Once a new spell, I buy for my loft to see if everything works as it should. And it allows other players to make new objects. My loft is like a "showroom".

Why did you secure your MP and your comments? it cuts the dialogue ...
I locked my MP and my remarks because I was getting hundreds per day!
I do not have time to answer them all. I prefer to respond on the forum and you prepare surprises for the game! If you have a concern about the game, you can contact support Feerik, or read the forum.

How do you feel when that dollz with you are evil say many evils?
It is normal not please everyone. We try to satisfy and improve the game in the right direction. It therefore accepts negative reviews if they are constructive, it helps us a lot! By cons when players tell us they do not like a nasty tone and without explaining why it disappoints me a little. Fortunately most of you are respectful and encouraging us in their criticism!

Are you a replacement while you are on vacation or you do not have a vacation?
So of course I vacation! During my holidays, my team takes over. I have a great team and when I go on holiday I'm sure you do you see anything! It manages all! And if a member of my team goes on vacation, it arranges for others to take over and that all goes well during his absence.

Are you sometimes work on weekends?
It happens to us. As you know, sometimes there are news on Saturday. We need to put the news online and watch as everything goes well. And there is a big bug in the game during the weekend developers try to fix it for you not to wait until Monday! But we do not work on weekends, it is also necessary that sits in shape for the week and prepare lots of great news.

How many members Feerik team?
The company now Feerik fifty people.

How are you in the MDG team working to get us out of small news every day?
We are a fortnight:
- Thibaud my husband and me;
- 7 designers that I mentioned earlier: Dafne only works in local Feerik. Other graphic work from home in Lyon and Paris;
- Raphaelle and Maud are game-designeuses. For example it is they who invented all the quests and looking for new ideas for the game
- Nico, William and Remi are developers: Programming OhMyDoll are new to them!
- Mathieu webdesigner: he worked on the show and it creates all the banners.
- Marion handles support Feerik it runs regularly on the forum to see if all goes well and if there is no bug, and she handles competition as competition birthday cake.
- We also have regular trainees. At the moment we have a marketing intern Claire.

How do you manage all entries in the competition birthday cakes?
This is my team took care of that. This is a lot of work: You must open the mail, make sure that entries are valid, scan photos ... Then my team posted the pictures on the wall of the office (as you can see on the photo) it is easier to choose the winners

Can you tell us a bit more about the closure of the chat? When will it reopen? Under what conditions? Changes will they have places? What were the abuses?
For the moment we do not want to reopen the chat. It was not moderate abuse were therefore not manageable (non compliance, inappropriate language, etc ...). We will consider a system of moderation, but in the meantime the chat will be closed. There are many things to do, we can not tell you when it will reopen.

Do you intend to advertise OhMyDoll?
It is already advertising, but not on television. You may already have seen commercials for OhMyDoll in magazines, on Facebook, on other websites, etc ...

Does the presentation of "my stuff" and shops will be improved?
Yes, we're working on now. It will be much more convenient for you to find objects in your inventory and in stores. There will be sub-categories and it will be ranked higher. It takes us time because there are thousands of articles and we put them in categories one by one!

When will we have the "carnival" announced on your blog?
The carnival, it will be full of fun games to win exclusive bonuses. With my team we test this new module, and it should not take long to come out.

How do you put the items you've drawn on the game?

Designers draw objects in 2 sizes: the object in the loft and the icon that appears in the inventory in the store. They draw on a tablet, the objects are in the form of computer files.
Then we put the files in the appropriate directory depending on the class of the object. Then using a special tool we upload files to the site.

How is the creation of a quest? (How long it takes, creates history, creating clothes, furniture, etc ...)

It takes a week to create history and one more week to create the objects.
Maud and Raphaelle first write the storyboard: some ideas step by step. Then they write the texts of the quest. Then they define the elements and to buy gifts. They are looking for examples (as pictures) for each object.
When all this is done, I read everything they have written and I give unto them valid or my comments.
Then it was the turn of designers! We share the work between 7 graphic. They draw examples of Maud and Raphaelle to create all objects.
The day of departure you must enter the elements (labels, text, things to buy, gifts, etc ...) in a special tool. And the quest is ready to put online!

Willowskye again:  As you can see, some of the things she was talking about implementing have already been added (such as the better system of organizing our "My Stuff" and the OhMyGames.)  Anyway...I found it an interesting read (even with the online translator.)  I hope you did too.  And, again...it's worth checking out the link to the french forum, if only to see the pictures she included. :)

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#19 2012-08-23 16:10:45

malu
Members

WOW!

#20 2012-08-23 22:54:36

tresselle
Members

Thanks for that information Willowskye, I thought Oh my dollz was created & run by a company like some of the similar fashion game sites I use, I never knew it was created & run by one person just like another dressup site from france (which I won't mention). That's impressive.  javascript:insert_text('good%20',%20'');

#21 2012-08-24 03:53:43

angelfire
Members
Website

Thats a really good place. I guess i forgot sarah had a blog. I'll try ti read it more often

Thanks willow. I'll gi edit my long list of questions that's mostly been answered fete

#22 2012-08-24 08:35:56

hydrangea13
Members
Website

Happy birthday to you, Sarah!

These are my questions:
* What age was OhMyDollz meant for when you first created it? Did you make the game for all ages to enjoy or did you create it just for some specific ages?
* What age are you aiming at now?
* Do you design clothes to wear in real life? And have you ever made OhMyDollz fashion come into reality?
* How do you celebrate your birthday in real life?

That's all what I really want to know.

Last edited by hydrangea13 (2012-08-24 13:03:40)

Thanks Zoey900 for the wonderful avatar and signature.
My creation

#23 2012-08-24 13:57:39

sani
Members

Thanks willow :)
Since my question been already answeard I'll change it :)
What's your real name?
Are you and the feerik team are planning to make an Arabic version of Ohmydollz?
Do you like football? :D

That's all Happy birthday :)

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/arlequincreations/for%20you/ac-sagittarius.png
Made by Arlekinlain

#24 2012-08-24 15:42:53

malu
Members

My questions ~

What do you do in your free time? Do you have any hobbies or do you just work on OMD?
Do you have a job or do you earn money from only OMD? If so what job do you have?

#25 2012-08-25 05:12:59

laurabow
Members

Thanks for the link to the thread on the French forum, Willowskye.

I was going to ask about Sarah's dog having different colored eyes in the versions we've gotten as gifts on OMD and the pictures - as well as last year's interview - answered my question!  (Her dog does have two different colored eyes in real life.)
love

Last edited by laurabow (2012-08-25 05:31:42)

Board footer