• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » [Friend Gifts] Saint Patrick's Special and its New Gifts

#1 2013-03-13 11:48:08

sarah
Administrator

[Friend Gifts] Saint Patrick's Special and its New Gifts

Hi generous souls!

As it's Saint Patrick's day next Sunday, we offer you to turn to the color of the Feast of Saint Patrick: green!

According to legend, St. Patrick used the 3-leaved shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the Irish people

And new gifts to send to your friends have arrived to celebrate this special feast!

From now and until March 26th at 2:00 PM (French time), you can give these cute little gifts which symbolize Saint Patrick's day!

http://blog.feerik.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/apercunew.png

Aren't they sweet? aomd_bave

You want to know more about Saint Patrick's Day?

Saint Patrick's Day is celebrated by Irish people all over the world and by many other nowadays, people who take part in the feast and become "Irish for a day".

These celebrations are commonly associated to green and Irish culture: people wear green clothes, take part in "parades", eat and drink Irish food and drinks, mainly alcoholic ones (beer and Irish stout such as Murphys, Smithwick’s, Harp or Guinness beers but also whiskey, cider and Irish coffees).

Originally Saint Patrick's Feast Day was celebrated by the Catholic Church, the Church of Ireland and other Irish communities. The secular celebration is always held on 17 March or on Monday 18th. According to the tradition, people stop their religious Lent fasting on that very day.

#2 2013-03-13 12:17:01

sierradane
Members

Re: [Friend Gifts] Saint Patrick's Special and its New Gifts

I've always felt that if St. Patrick's day fell on a Thursday, then it was an extra special St. Patrick's day since "Paddy" considers Thursdays a holiday.  (from the song, "Why I didn't go to work today")

Also, it baffles me why any horse shoe for luck is hung upside down.  If you hang it upside down, your "luck will run out." 

And yes, I love this holiday! Love the corn beef & cabbage.

An Irish diddy, "Why I never go to work"

On Mondays I never go to work
On Tuesdays I stay at home
On Wednesdays I never feel inclined
Work is the last thing on my mind

On Thursdays, it's a holiday
And Fridays I detest
Oh, it's much too late on a Saturday
And Sunday is the day of rest

Last edited by sierradane (2013-03-15 02:26:50)

http://us.ohmydollz.com/img/avatar/878.png

http://i.imgur.com/ONu5iYQ.jpg
"Well, Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something — if it ain't one thing, it's another." Roseanne Roseannadanna

#3 2013-03-13 12:18:44

malu
Members

Aww!~ The bunny is sho cute!

Snapchat: amalmooon
Insta: mal.mooon

#4 2013-03-13 12:24:26

willowskye
Mother, Sister, Daughter, Friend.

sierradane wrote:

Also, it baffles me why any horse shoe for luck is hung upside down.  If you hang it upside down, your "luck will run out."

There's that theory, or the one that says you have to hang it with the open ends pointing down so that the luck will pour down onto you.

It's the same thing for black cats...some cultures consider them bad, others consider them good.

Po-tay-to, Poh-tot-o. ;)

It's nice to see some new gifts! :D

https://i.ibb.co/RDmdfdF/omd-willowskye-mod-sig.png

**Board Admin - Moderator**

#5 2013-03-13 13:22:15

sanzina
Members

I love the puppy in the hat :)

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/arlequin_lain/OHMDZ/June%202012/btiger.png
Death must be so beautiful.To lie in the soft brown earth,with the grasses waving above one’s head,and listen to silence.To have no yesterday and no tomorrow.To forget time,to forgive life,to be at peace.~Oscar Wilde

#6 2013-03-13 14:27:08

fairykisses
*~.:Fairy Dust:.~*

These gifts are very cute! Happy Early St. Patty's Day!!

#7 2013-03-14 01:18:08

laurabow
Members

Great gifts ~ the bunny and puppy are so cute!

Last edited by laurabow (2013-03-14 01:19:07)

#8 2013-03-14 01:54:56

angelfire
Members
Website

When I think of clover...I think of four leaves. Not three
but I like the colors and the scarf.

http://i.imgur.com/TYm0f7i.png
Twitter|Tumblr|Howrse|MCL|dA: angelfire2197          Wysp|YouTube|Elitedollz: angelfire
Art Portfolio: livininart.tumblr                                   Tumblr: askmyocsstuff

#9 2013-03-14 05:03:00

dottygold
Members

Happy Saint Patricks day everyone! Though there is nothing that really stands out I do like all the new gifts =)

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/ponyair84/GraphicDump/2013%20April/b09_zpsf045d829.png

#10 2013-03-14 23:42:01

n0regrets
Santa's Senior Assistant

quoi Is it just me... or does anyone else think that the shamrock balloon should "stick" to our dollz, like the striped heart balloons do???

#11 2013-03-15 23:32:47

historygeek
Members

Um...Catholics stop fasting on St. Patrick's Day for Lent? I'm not really sure what Sarah means by that statement. It's not like (even in the 'old' days) people fasted for the entire Lenten season so I'm confused. Anyone know what she means?

#12 2013-03-16 06:03:59

cocobelle
M❥DERATOR

historygeek wrote:

Um...Catholics stop fasting on St. Patrick's Day for Lent? I'm not really sure what Sarah means by that statement. It's not like (even in the 'old' days) people fasted for the entire Lenten season so I'm confused. Anyone know what she means?

I think it means just for St. Patrick's day, people are able to eat, drink (or whatever one gives up for lent, I guess) to celebrate.   Most Catholic's I know don't give up food entirely, but might give up meat or stop drinking alcohol..  when I was little I had friends that would give up eating candy during lent.  :)

• Index
  •  » Dusty News
  •  » [Friend Gifts] Saint Patrick's Special and its New Gifts

Board footer